URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID19
Thread Number: 243
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"No offense Mike"

Posted by floridagirl on 10-17-01 at 09:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

but Love Cruise was horrible!! Very disorganized and the finale was even more boring. However, you did great on the show and I am very impressed with Jeanette for the way she played. Gina deserved to lose - she was annoying right up until the end - we won we won - OH REALLY? hehehehe

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Thoughts on Gina"
Posted by supershirll on 10-17-01 at 09:55 AM
Gina was being so obnoxious thinking that she was going to win that even Adrian wanted her to shut-up! I'm sure he wanted to win the money, too, but at least he seemed embarassed by the whole third couple thing.

The only people who would vote for Gina were the girl she slammed for having silicone implants and her clique, the clique that Gina dispised! But Gina is so shallow that she thought, "They like me, they really like me!"

"I had to laugh"
Posted by floridagirl on 10-17-01 at 11:18 AM
when Toni made her speech then went up to Adrian and hugged him crying - someone in the background called her drama queen!! LOL!!

"RE: I had to laugh"
Posted by dangerkitty on 10-17-01 at 01:12 PM
Yeah, and did you see Mike in the background, covering his face with his hands in disgust? Perfect! I swear, at the very beginning I liked Toni, but boy am I eating my words now. She is beyond description. Barf. And Anthony - what a hateful person.

Mike's behaviour with Jeanette on the beach, before the switch card ceremony, and his speech when he crowned the winners, were just plain classy. He impressed the hell out of me. (watch out, shakes, you might be getting more of those icky hugs )

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

"RE: No offense Mike"
Posted by airwolf on 10-17-01 at 01:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

I don't think it was the 'fault' of any of the contestants if the show was "terrible" as you call it. Surely, that could be attributed to the editing FOX used in producing the 'finished product', and the 'rules' they came up with. It was a nice surprise to see a third couple brought back; quite unexpected. (I would have had my own choice for who got brought back, but that would be a purely pointless exercise to debate that now.)

Personally, I enjoyed watching the show even if it did occassionally appear to have a certain amount of "manipulation" and "deceit". But then - that's to be expected in a game.

"Well if you like it "
Posted by floridagirl on 10-17-01 at 02:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

then that is your opinion - I have mine right?
I hated it but I never said it was b/c of the contestants.
The contestants worked with what was given to them.
Please reread my original post before answering.

"RE: Well if you like it "
Posted by airwolf on 10-17-01 at 03:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

Yes, that is my opinion. And yes - I totally respect your right to your own opinion too. I did NOT mean to infer that you'd suggested the show was "horrible" because of the contestants. I was merely offering my opinion that I didn't think the "terribleness" (as you call your impression of it) of the show could be the 'fault' of the contestants. So you see - we're actually saying the same thing; just from different angles. You're right - the contestants were indeed working with what they'd been given.

What do you mean, by saying I "always seem to be the one to jump down people's throat"? This is only the third message or so I've posted on the boards here!(*) Yes - I had read your original post before replying. I hope you would read a person's reply a bit more thoroughly yourself, before inferring someone hadn't properly read yours.

Glad you enjoyed at least some of the show.....by that I mean appreciating two of the contestants: Michael for "doing great", and Jeanette "for the way she played".

(*) If you're referring to my posts in other message boards on another site, then they were only posts in response to messages posted by others, that I felt needed a response. The more 'negative' a message was, the more I felt I wanted to 'challenge' it (because of my opinions/impressions of the contestant concerned). If that is something you consider "jumping down someone's throat", I'm sorry. I'm offering my opinions, just like other posters to message boards.