URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2424
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode #4: funny script or die."

Posted by Estee on 03-12-12 at 06:48 AM
'So what's the plan for this one?'

'I get an Andretti to make a two-hour unpaid commercial for Buick where I'm the only person who collects any money for it! I am such a genius. Cast a racing guy for a car-related task -- they'll have no choice but to make him Project Manager. The natural connection, my subtle hints -- all I need is his name at the top of the list and I can stave off bankruptcy for another three hours.'

'But what if he doesn't take the PM on it?'

'Don't be an idiot. Since when have people not gone for assignments which reflected their natural talents?'

'His natural talent is driving. This is marketing.'

'If you want to stay in my will, you have to stop making those 'point' things.'

*mutter* '...yeah, because my life's ambition is to take over your debt...'

'What was that?'

'Nothing, Dad.'

'Mr. Trump.'

The most exciting race was between people falling asleep during the presentations and people falling asleep on the episode.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode #4: funny script or die."
Posted by Skiver on 03-12-12 at 11:12 AM
Buick were obviously banking on a high-profile endorsement from Michael Andretti without having to pay for the privilege. The so-called 'Executives' single critique - veiled as it was through Trump's supposed translation - was that Andretti was not used enough. That despite the fact that he was on stage most of the presentation, and is clearly not a natural presenter.

The whole thing was staged. Between this and contests where the outcome is determined only by whose friends have the deepest pockets, the Celeb Apprentice has a 'quick, before we're cancelled' desperation to it.

Sig by Cygnus X1

"If they don't disarm, then we will." - GW Bush

Posted by qwertypie on 03-12-12 at 05:22 PM
So true. I wonder what Michael Andretti other endorsements are and whether that would preclude him from endorsing Buick. (Besides, who wouldn't want to be associated with the Buick your Grandpa drives )

Buick was throwing in 30K, I am sure MA's endorsement fee for anything doing with driving would be much higher.

Posted by krismiss2us on 03-12-12 at 08:38 PM
OMG Estee! You are freakin hilarious!! I about peed myself!

Personally, i wondered if MA was bound by some contract rules stating he is not allowed to endorse anything for whatever reason...i mean don't those companies that endorse his car (or any racer) kind of own them for awhile? just sayin.

Posted by Loree on 03-14-12 at 00:45 AM
I believe the Andrettis are associated with Chevrolet.

Clay writes a blog. He said Michael had alot of huge investors and he was saving them for a task where they had to raise money. The entire team knew this and were trying to protect Michael so he could be PM later and give them a win in the next challenge they needed investors.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-14-12 at 02:00 AM
Thanks Loree!

Posted by Estee on 03-14-12 at 05:41 AM
So because Donald's ego didn't get what it wanted, hundreds of thousands were not raised for charity.

What a total lack of surprise.

Posted by udg on 03-14-12 at 07:56 PM
My mom doesn't watch the show, but she does follow racing and is an Andretti fan. She told me Michael had already expressed a good deal of disappointment with the show, even before his elimination aired. It sounded like he commented on his fellow contestants, too. (This was probably on Twitter.)

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Posted by udg on 03-13-12 at 01:43 AM
I'm now rooting for Lou to beat the crap out of Trump.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Posted by mindy23 on 03-13-12 at 02:45 AM
I just can't get over how desperate MB and Trump are really getting!! Clearly the men knew way more about the actual CAR than the women, but who cares, right?
What mattered was that they didn't fall in line with the Trump Fahtha and Buick, and as Penn said, showing 'solidarity' got them all punished.
Ridiculous! If I could have reached in an punched Trump, I would have saved Lou a few tears. Because we all know, even if he DOES utilize himself, we're gonna hear him cry about it....

So sick of this!

Posted by qwertypie on 03-13-12 at 06:03 PM
I would have loved for all the men to decide to leave Trump's lobby and go to a pub instead.

Posted by krismiss2us on 03-24-12 at 02:16 AM
the thing that pisses me off the most is that adam carolla is gone. he was freakin hilarious! but he took it like a man and accepted the blame which is cool, but i really hated to see him go