URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2422
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"EP 3 Incompetence or deliberate assassination?"

Posted by qwertypie on 03-05-12 at 12:56 PM
It really should not have come as a shock who won. With the subjective judging, as long as the woman did not insult the Hair, they had it in the bag. It also didn't hurt that Miss Universe (which is owned by Trump) was the PM.

What I am trying to figure out is Arsenio really that clueless when it comes to what is considered appropriate office attire and what women would wear on the red carpet (a trench coat? Really? I was waiting for her to flash someone)or was this a deliberate attempt at sabotage? I am leaning toward the latter.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Really?"
Posted by kingfish on 03-05-12 at 02:45 PM
A fashion display challenge? Really?

Next time, to level the field challenge bias wise, they should have a deer hunting challenge or a howitzer shooting contest or an engine rebuild challenge. Of course, Lisa can probably do those things better than the guys.

"RE: EP 3 Incompetence or deliberate assassination?"
Posted by Estee on 03-05-12 at 06:44 PM
I realize Arsenio's show was supposed to be less formal than some of the other late-night interview spotlights, but you're telling me he never had a female guest show up in eveningwear? Then again, it's not as if Donald's exactly casting for intelligence, memory, design, fair play, standards, or anything which isn't conflict, plus he's a Toilet Paper kiss-up now and that means anyone not heterosexual has got to go. And everyone not white. And females. And -- what were we talking about? Oh, right: Arsenio's fashion sense. You've seen his hat? Issue solved.

But it doesn't mean the task wasn't thrown to the women. Tell us all about your plan. Oh, you mean the one someone else came up with at the last minute after everything I did fell apart? Yes, that one! I'm just going to give you the credit for it and call you the winner, because a three-celebrity advantage on merit makes it seem as if the show is being run fairly!

Would the men, given a neutral judge, have won? Not necessarily. But it would have been more of a run for the charity money. Their basic concept wasn't bad, and it was likely easier for a casual audience to follow than the one in the opposing windows. Dress failure hurts, but it was fixable. I think the males ultimately wound up with the one that could be tinkered into a superior presentation: the women may have been as good as they were going to get.

But we all know the secret to Donald's success: only run in fixed races...

Posted by Ricky on 03-06-12 at 05:15 PM
>>>is Arsenio really that clueless when it comes to what is considered appropriate office attire and what women would wear on the red carpet - or was this a deliberate attempt at sabotage? I am leaning toward the latter.

I don't know. This task and fasion in general is VERY subjective. Who's to know ? I was in Kohl's awhile ago and you could buy a pair of "brand new" jeans that were already pre-faded and torn to shreads - literally! I would have bet I was on Punked, but apparently they were serious!

Posted by qwertypie on 03-06-12 at 07:49 PM
Oh I agree the task was very subjective and knew the guys were going to lose no matter what beforehte ep. aired. It just seems like Arsenio handed a semi plausible reason to Trump & Co. on a platter.

Posted by Ricky on 03-08-12 at 07:42 AM
But if Arsenio purposely chose bad outfits so the men would lose, and Trump thought that the men lost because of the outfits, wouldn't he be the one in danger of getting fired ? Not sure why he would do that.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-09-12 at 10:23 PM
Unless Arsenio was in on it with the Hair.

Posted by petalblossom on 03-11-12 at 02:58 PM
No I do not think Arsenio is that smart

Posted by qwertypie on 03-11-12 at 03:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

Yay! a new victim poster to play with! Welcome, petalblossom. Please stick around and check out some of the other forums too!