URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2420
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Feb 19th - New Season"

Posted by jbug on 02-19-12 at 10:43 PM
& I may be only one watching

Again, I have never heard of a lot of these people. But then I don't get out a lot so...

The Gotti woman? OMGoodness! that wig hair! She's kidding, right? If that's her real hair she needs to have the family do away with her hairdresser.

I'm going to be rooting for Cheryl Tiegs.

Crusin w/ Tribe

Table of contents
  • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,redheaded_sweetheart, 10:18 AM, 02-20-12
    • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,jbug, 10:36 AM, 02-20-12
  • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,Estee, 01:56 PM, 02-20-12
  • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,kingfish, 06:56 PM, 02-20-12
  • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,jbug, 12:42 PM, 02-21-12
  • I'm watching,udg, 05:12 PM, 02-21-12
    • RE: I'm watching,jbug, 05:24 PM, 02-21-12
  • All I know is,moonbaby, 02:34 PM, 02-22-12
    • RE: All I know is,kingfish, 03:23 PM, 02-22-12
  • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,agman, 06:00 PM, 02-22-12
    • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,qwertypie, 08:18 PM, 02-23-12
    • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,jbug, 10:02 AM, 02-24-12
      • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,qwertypie, 02:45 PM, 02-24-12
        • RE: Feb 19th - New Season,krismiss2us, 02:07 PM, 02-25-12
    • It's OK to be Takei!,udg, 03:25 AM, 02-27-12

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Feb 19th - New Season"
Posted by redheaded_sweetheart on 02-20-12 at 10:18 AM
Gotta agree with you about that hair!

I loved it when Aubrey O'day tried to explain that she was the most famous of the women because she had more twitter followers!

Posted by jbug on 02-20-12 at 10:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-12 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

She sure doesn't mind tooting her own horn, does she?
I don't know who she is either.
All the pics I found of her are blonde. So is the red red just for this show so she stands out more? It looked like a wig too.

Oh, & I only watched the first half; will see who wins/loses what later tonite.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-12 at 01:56 PM
I'm going to be rooting for Cheryl Tiegs.

That should work out well for you.

I had trouble watching the episode. Partially because TAR started late (as usual), a little because I knew Donald was casting for fights and wasn't sure I wanted to see how well he'd done, but mostly because every time I saw the idiot in charge show up on the screen, I had to fight the urge to yell "So how's your campaign going, you emasculated birther moron? Gotten those nylon testicles installed yet to replace the ones that got cut off last year? Figured out any way to buy an IQ point yet? Say, why don't you prescript the primaries and bring yourself in as a last-minute twist? It'll have more credibility than you ever did!" And when I could only resist that nine times out of ten, the remaining percentage started to disturb the neighbors. If I watch this at all to any degree, it'll be watching the task alone, then tuning in for the last thirty seconds to see who's getting into the limo. And it's currently all because I like Penn: for now, when he's gone, so am I.

But as far as Donald goes? @#$% him, @!#$% his script, !@#$%^^& his little birther coal lump of a heart, @$^&( his anything-for-a-headline politics, and long may his ratings crash. However, I am really looking forward to the President announcing that next breakthrough bill just in time to cut off forty minutes of airtime.

Coincidence. Really.

Posted by kingfish on 02-20-12 at 06:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-12 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

THere's something about Ivanka that I admire, and it isn't just her dad's money. Although that's pretty cool.

And it says something about the show when the character that comes across as one of the more sympathetic is Adam Carolla. He also had the best ad lib.

I was hoping that Paul Sr. would be fired. Can't stand that character.

And why would Penn Jillette cancel his LV gigs that would have paid huge amounts of money to be on this train wreck? Someone check and see if his family has been kidnapped by the Trump Mafia.

Posted by jbug on 02-21-12 at 12:42 PM
Good guys don't last long there do they?

Can't help but wonder who made the $302,000 donation for Paul Sr.
Without that one donation, the women would have squashed the men. Bet that was something Paul Sr had set up before the season started; had already gotten a bunch of his friends to hand over a lot of dollars to one person who would then show up when he was PM.
Doesn't seem fair but there aren't a lot of rules on CA.

Felt bad for the women's PM (Patricia?) Raising that much money & then it not going to her charity. That must feel terrible.

Had a thought. Since Cheryl Tiegs admitted to holding back...
wondering if any of the remaining contestants might think to call her later during another fundraiser to see if she might call on some of her contacts for them then.

"I'm watching"
Posted by udg on 02-21-12 at 05:12 PM
I haven't watched The Apprentice since S4. I almost tuned in a few seasons ago for Scott Hamilton, but it sounds like I didn't miss much there. This season, though, Penn and Takei got me to give it a chance.

I don't think I knew any of the women before the show. Carolla was surprisingly likable. Actually, all the guys were. Penn seemed nicer than I usually think of him (always entertaining, but generally not NICE). Clay seems to have caught himself a creature like Trump has on his head, but seems much less awkward than he was 9 years ago (thank goodness). Takei, OTOH, felt really uncomfortable to watch, which is too bad.

Verdict after one episode: I'll keep watching until I get bored. I won't watch next season unless there's a celebrity I love, though.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

"RE: I'm watching"
Posted by jbug on 02-21-12 at 05:24 PM
Yes, Clay's hair does look odd.
His face also appears to have filled out - it seems rounder than I remember; unfortunately it does not become him.

"All I know is"
Posted by moonbaby on 02-22-12 at 02:34 PM
where I got lunch today was featured on the show. And the only reason I know that is because a big sign there told me so

"RE: All I know is"
Posted by kingfish on 02-22-12 at 03:23 PM
Did you have a ham chopper?

Posted by agman on 02-22-12 at 06:00 PM
If you have to have George takai(I think that's how it's spelled) of Star Trek fame on the show, then you deperate.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-23-12 at 08:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-12 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

Why you be hatin' on George?
PSST! It's Takei. And you call yourself a Trekker. Sheesh!

Posted by jbug on 02-24-12 at 10:02 AM
I <3 George's voice. That deep voice is just not expected from that little guy. I'm afraid he will be toast tho - too many big tough alpha males.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-24-12 at 02:45 PM
It'll be interesting. I think Donald will be hesitant in treating George in a disrespectful manner (very unlike his treatment of David Cassidy last season).

Posted by krismiss2us on 02-25-12 at 02:07 PM
Personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the men's team!!! They are so freakin funny!!!! OMG White kids without IPads. That made me almost pee my pants!!!! Furthermore, the men's team is made up of a LOT more famous people than the women. Other than Debbie Gibson, just who the heck are these women? Sure Ms. Gotti is famous b/c of her dad (and we all know the mob jokes will NOT stopp until she's gone) and I guess if I had any clue about the REal Housewive's series, i'd probably know who that woman was, but seriously, who are these women? I LOVE the men...but I'm rootin for Dee.

"It's OK to be Takei!"
Posted by udg on 02-27-12 at 03:25 AM
He does seem to be the weakest link on the men's team, but as long as the men keep winning, that's not a problem.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!
That's soooo Takei.