URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 242
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hey Yahoo!, Tabulate This!"

Posted by suzzer on 05-21-05 at 09:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-05 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

I have to admit that until this moment, I honestly thought SOMEONE official would step in and put the smack down on the Fan Favorite Voting. How can they go ahead with these paydays for hundreds of thousands of $$ for something that was so obviously rigged???

If it was just some lame internet poll about diaper rash or something, that would be one thing. But they're f***ing with people's livelihoods. This is ridculous. It's not that I care that much about one fighter over another. I'm sure Tarick is a nice guy. It just makes me sick the way it happened. Although given the shoddy oversight of this poll, and the stakes involved, I don't blame any of them for trying to game the system. I wonder if they thought they would really get away with it? If I had any idea the results would actually count (after all the obvious cheating) I would have blown Jonathan Reid up to 50% before the voting stopped. I wonder if he'd be fighting in the #1 bout right now? Amazing. I sure hope Lange and Salmaci are cutting their programmers in on a piece of the action.

I just really hope there's a lawsuit out of this. Hey Yahoo!, just for the heck of it lets check those voting logs. Oh look, the same 4 IP adresses voted for Tarick 4.5 times/second at a constant rate for 42 straight hours. And almost the same thing happened with Jimmy Lange. What are the odds?!? Jackasses.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hey Yahoo!, Tabulate This!"
Posted by AlgeCrumpler on 05-21-05 at 10:18 PM
I'm pissed about this too. I'm sure we'll hear about it from the fighters when their contracts end. I think Contender just figured less attention would be drawn to it if they went with the guys in the order they were in. You'd be amazed how many fools have tried to argue with me that there was no cheating involved. The layman TV viewer would not know that cheating happened as long as Yahoo/Contender doesn't tell them about it.

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-21-05 at 11:21 PM
I can promise you that you'll be hearing a lot dirt dished by at least one of the fighters real soon. I'd say beginning, oh, sometime around May 25.

Posted by AlgeCrumpler on 05-22-05 at 00:51 AM
I think of all the fighters, Ishe and Bonsante got screwed the worst. They both would've been fighting for more money if not for the cheating.

I hope there's not TOOOO much dirt though. I like Contender and would like another station (ESPN) to pick it up. Plus these guys are all set now for big PPV fights, and they really do owe it to the show. I'd like to see a Sergio vs Ishe fight set up by Burnett after the show.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-22-05 at 07:07 AM
Well I can't wait until this thing is over and can hear from the guys themselves. I bet Alfonso will weigh in as well.

I am so mad at this show! I loved it in the beginning. It was the best reality show I had seen in a really long time! The show took a wrong turn right after Najai was eliminated. Then it became back-stabbing, manipulative, sophomoric nonsense.

It's not fair to the guys and their families or the sport. I'm actually glad it isn't being renewed because Mark Burnett has a way of trying to make more BS drama with each subsequent season of a show. He did it with the Apprentice and he'd do it with this show given the chance.