URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2416
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI7-1/22 More Auditions--East Coast Spoiler Thread "

Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 06:25 PM
Please keep all sig pic free discusion of tonights singers, groaners, moaners, divas, crooners, swooners, mooners, and whatever else showed up to audition on this thread until the West Coast has had the time to get their ears to stop bleeding.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI7-1/22 More Auditions--East Coast Spoiler Thread "
Posted by Silly_Sam on 01-22-08 at 06:44 PM
Hopefully the mean Simon will show up tonight.
The nice simon was boooooooooooooooooooring last week. And I hope they don't show those over contestant age novelity acts this week.
It was great last year when the older Gentleman ( he was a true gentleman) sang the song to his widow and was well deserved time. but this year those extra guys are just filler.

"RE: AI7-1/22 More Auditions--East Coast Spoiler Thread "
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 08:09 PM
Hey all I'll do my best. I took a bad fall on the ice this morning (no you really don't want to see the bruise on my butt) and not recovered from the news of Heath Ledger's death this afternoon, so we will see how it goes. I've got a meeting tomorrow night so I'll get the thresd up early and join in when I get home. If I forget, start without me.

Tonight we have only one hour's worth of auditions so hopefully they will pack it with some good stuff.

From San Diego tonight. First AI auditions here.

" Tatiana, Perrie"
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 08:16 PM
12,000 in the crowd.

Tatiana Ostopovich "Someone to Watch Over me" He thinks she is good but not great and not as great as she thinks she is. He says yes, so do Paula and Randy and she is our first off to Hollywood.

Perrie Cataldo brings the kid. Single Dad, Mom was killed last year. Kid is cute, and almost four. "I'll Make Love to You"
Oh, Ryan holds kid up to the door. So cute. He's pretty good. Simon says he has a really really good voice. Three yeses and off to Hollywood.

"RE: Tatiana, Perrie"
Posted by DearAbby on 01-22-08 at 08:18 PM
Why did Simon call Tatiana "obnoxious"? I must have missed something.

"RE: Tatiana, Perrie"
Posted by whimsey on 01-22-08 at 08:21 PM
She was very, very sure of herself, kinda cutsey cheesy. Bordered on cocky. Simon will take you down a notch ... or three.

"Michael, Parade of bad, Valarie"
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 08:26 PM
Michael Johns from Australia sings Otis Redding. Simon liked it, like a white soul singer. Paula good control, likes him to. Randy liked how he did the runs. 2 yeses and a your through from Simon.

Marat, Christopher *hhhoooooowwwwwwwwwwl* Tehilla and cue the clip of crabs.

Valarie Reyes Mariah Carey fan. Says people think she sounds just liek Mariah when she is walking down the street singing. And these people are certifiably insane. *TWITCH* She thinks the Oh.My.God is good. Simon says the CD has been left out in the sun for a year. Randy says it was terrible, but stop trying to be like someone else. Simon disagrees. Three nos. She realizes she will be on TV as one of the rejects.

"RE: Michael, Parade of bad, Valarie"
Posted by whimsey on 01-22-08 at 08:37 PM
I wonder how Michael Johns will shake out. I like him, and that accent will take him a long way.

"9098"
Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 08:35 PM
Call the bouncers. Flat notes, this dude.

The lady before him, though? She had potential with a coach, but not good enough for AI. I actually kinda liked her.

Putting out shot glasses of Southern Comfort if anyone wants one.

"RE: 9098"
Posted by whimsey on 01-22-08 at 08:39 PM
<slide onto the cahaya bench>

I'll take a shot, just so you don't have to drink alone

Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 08:41 PM
*slips onto the bench*

I'll take one too!

Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 08:42 PM
Yeah, a couple shot buzz is nice while watching this show.

"Joseph and Juanita, Monique, Christopher, Samantha"
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 08:39 PM
Joseph and Juanita He sings she mimes

Monique and Christopher, but does he turn heads in a good way?

Monique Gibson, Simon says looks like three people dressed her. And we wonder why Whitney smokes crack. When people do that to her songs it would make anyone do drugs. She keeps going. Simon says I'm not getting through to you. She gets all upset they are telling her no. Simon says there is nothing wrong walking out of here knowing you can't sing. She is very hurt.

Christopher Baker. Also singing Whitney. When Simon tells you to stop. STOP. He says it sounds good to him. There wasn't a single note in tune, which makes him start singing again. Randy: Are you in pain. Simon: Why are you staring at me, no one will ever pay for that. He starts again in a lower key. and it doesn't help and he won't stop singing. And the very large security people walk up to the stage.

And they aren't stopping, and keep going out in the lobby with some free style.

Some judge love scenes. Even some Simon devotion.

Samantha Musa is the last contestant of the day. She thinks it is Simon's attitude, the bad boy thing. and her sister is also obsessed with Simon. Sister tosses a note for Simon into the room as Samantha comes in. Simon asks her to judge the audition with her and she sits on Simon's lap. "Until You Come Back To Me"

Sister: She did OK even though I worry about her performance. Randy liked it as do Paula and Simon. Michele says if she can come along then she gets a yes, so she has 4 yeses. And they get Simon hugs before they are out the door. Simon loves this country.

"Hugfest"
Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 08:41 PM
Samantha Musa is already one of Simon's lady picks. The hugfest seals the deal.

Add a fourth critic, the most critical of the bunch!

"Blake, Alberto "
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 08:52 PM
Blake Boshnack who has auditioned in at least 10 cities, he was statue of libery guy in Chicago. Mom supports this delusion. Leslie, his Mom says this is her whole life. "Stand By Me" Randy says no to the singing. Paula says not quite there yet. Simon says nice to meet you as a person.

Next hour they say no to everyone. Gibberish girl Sarah is compared to William Hung. Lots of sad faces.

Alberto Hurtado singing is the ultimate rebuilding of his soul. This can't be good. Gets so lost in his imagination. Man those fingernails are long. Big American Idol Fan. No a real fan. Sings "Live" which he wrote. Simon says that cheered us up. It is the most depressing song. Well sing us the happy ending then. Simon wants the last happy note. Even the happy part is gloomy, he says he has a gloomy story. Simon says he didn't have a great morning. You are a storm cloud on a sunny day. Randy says no. Paula says no. Nice to meet you and he gives the little Paula fan to her.

"RE: Blake, Alberto "
Posted by whimsey on 01-22-08 at 08:53 PM
Oh my, Alberto. I wondered why San Diego Auditions were only an hour. Alberto explains it.

"RE: Blake, Alberto "
Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 08:55 PM
His number was 8000, a lucky Chinese number.

This guy was all yin, no idol.

"Aaron, David."
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 09:00 PM
Aaron Garrett. Leave.Me.Alone. Please stop singing. Paula wants 10 seconds of something else.

David Archuleta vocal paralysis boy. from his speaking voice, he hasn't recovered. "Waiting on the World to Change" Randy fills in the background vocals. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Randy, all things considered that is a good voice, no signs of anything. Paula thinks he has a nice tone for 16. Simon agrees and thinks it was a great choice of song. Three yeses and he's off to Hollywood.

"RE: Aaron, David."
Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 09:02 PM
David may make it as the teen idol. Paula already called him a sweetheart. Randy was with him on the sync, and Simon liked it. Here's a top dozen potential guy.

Posted by whimsey on 01-22-08 at 09:05 PM
Stories like David Archuleta's don't inspire me. Just a lot of blah blah sick, blah blah, never play/dance/sing again blah blah. Seems manipulative, even if its not the kid's idea.

Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 09:08 PM
Yeah, I hearya. Part of it, which you alluded to, is the edit, and we got focus on it. There are a lot of stories we don't hear.

Posted by Fishercat on 01-22-08 at 09:10 PM
He won Star Search, sung for the first group of American Idols in an airport, and in general, has quite a few connections and some fame. I don't feel bad for the guy.

"Carly"
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 09:07 PM
Carly Smithson Irish girl with tattoo shop and lots of ink on husband. She got through in season 5 and her visa didn't come through. "I'm Every Woman". Can she sing with her eyes open? Lots of runs. Simon says it wasn't as good as two years ago and her eyes popped out of her head and rolled across the floor. Randy says yes, Paula says she is brilliant and Simon says that is three yeses and she is going to Hollywood.

Ryan asks how long it took to recover, she says awhile. She says she hasn't been able to hold onto it and she is going to work really hard.

They show some of the other 30 that got through to Hollywood from San Diego.

"RE: Carly"
Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 09:12 PM
Carly was Ok... she certainly has the vocal skills. I didn't see genuine heart in it, though, and I think that's what Simon was referring to. She looks like she might be trying too hard, but they're willing to give her a shot at it.

"RE: Carly"
Posted by whimsey on 01-22-08 at 09:18 PM
I don't remember her from season 5. Must be hard to come back, Hok on SYTYCD did it, and his fears got the best of him, I think. I have faith in Carly that she will rally.

And I like the husband's ink, too. That's me, favoring the underdog.

"Thanks to our hostess..."
Posted by whimsey on 01-22-08 at 09:20 PM
Once again, great job. And thanks to cahaya for the shots.

"RE: Thanks to our hostess..."
Posted by cahaya on 01-22-08 at 09:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-08 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

My pleasure. We had a great time last season and I'm looking forward to another fun one!

Now where's that bullzeye guy?

(eta) And I almost forgot... thanks, Snidget! You make it easy for the rest of us.

"RE: Thanks to our hostess..."
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 09:29 PM
Your welcome. *hic*

"One good note..."
Posted by geekboy on 01-22-08 at 10:32 PM
It was just 60 minutes tonight.

geekboy

"RE: One good note..."
Posted by Snidget on 01-22-08 at 10:34 PM
Thank goodness.

Or whatever it is that watches over AI.