URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2408
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode #4: the six-percent solution."

Posted by Estee on 03-28-11 at 09:10 AM
Raise your hand if you couldn't get past the pixelation.

*looks around*

That... is a lot of hands.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode #4: the six-percent solution."
Posted by mindy23 on 03-28-11 at 10:15 AM
I'm not so tech savvy, so I really don't get the whole 'pixelation' thing. But I DO know a few things. And this episode totally confirmed them:

Jose really IS from another planet! He even corresponds (via snipe or video phone) with those from that alien world.....

Dionne is an even bigger BEOTCH than we all thought. She also does not forgive or forget, except when it comes to what SHE says and does. No, Neenee, she did NOT ask your permission to leave. She TOLD you she was leaving. Look at the footage-I'm sure the Donald and the D. Jr already have.

Jose makes a pretty decent looking Pablo. And maybe should think of making Argentina his country of choice.

LaToya really IS a Jackson in most every sense of the definition.

Gary really DID get dropped on his head, over 20 years ago, but I just don't think that THAT alone makes him the most annoying human being on the Apprentice ever. EVER. And he DOES remind me of a close relative.....

That's about it for now. Kind of glad the guys won again, so I don't have to hate on Ms. Diva Warlock any more. It was getting as old as she is.

Posted by Estee on 03-28-11 at 11:21 AM
Ms. Diva Warlock

Look, I know she was a horror show, but did she really do anything bad enough to warrant being placed on the Sheen family tree? I've been checking her recent history and I'm not seeing any genocides.

Posted by mindy23 on 03-28-11 at 02:39 PM
Who said anything about genocides? I haven't heard of any Sheen-genocides, either. And I don't recall saying anything about Sheen, either.....not here, anyway. So, call ME confused.

I thought this was about The Apprentice, the contestants on The Apprentice, and OUR take on the contestants, and our liberty to call, at will, what we will, whom we will.

Don't like her attitude-did YOU? Fine if you did. Join the minority, and enjoy. I don't care. But if I can't come here and release some frustrations on the way certain reality 'stars' treat others, and act, and re-act, then I'll just move along and find another place to do that....

I don't get you, Estee. You seem to find something to pick at with my posts quite frequently, and I don't recall doing anything to warrant that.

Posted by Corvis on 03-28-11 at 02:59 PM
I think Estee was making a joke. Didn't Charlie Sheen refer to himself as a Warlock? I had to read it twice to get it myself. And I don't get the genocide thing either. I often don't get Estee's humor either, but then I'm not into the Bashers way of thinking. (No offense intended, Estee, I'm never funny on the boards, so I can't really talk...)

In any case, mindy, I totally agree with you about Dionne. So glad she is gone. I cannot stand her. Star was less annoying this week than usual, but I am sure she'll ramp it up again next week. This is the first time I've watched Apprentice and I am surprised at how much sniping there is, particularly between celebrities, when image is everything to them.

Posted by altpeach on 03-28-11 at 04:39 PM
***Taking a chance here and jumping in when it really may not be any of my business.***

I think Estee was referring to you calling Dionne Warrick, "Ms. Diva Warlock". C. Sheen has called himself a member of the warlock family. Can't explain the genocide comment though. (Ducks head for any flying debris as I walk away)

Posted by kingfish on 03-28-11 at 05:45 PM
I think Estee is jealous that Dionne got the Diva Warlock title. (Sig. suggestion?)

You gotta wonder why Ms. Diva Warlock even signed on to the show. She didn't have any stamina and seemed to lack will. And she sure looked happy when she was being driven away.

As to the pixilation...of all people, Gary Busey. They had a Playboy model, and (if you prefer) Jose Canseco. And it had to be Gary Busey.

Posted by Corvis on 03-28-11 at 05:49 PM
"They had a Playboy model, and (if you prefer) Jose Canseco. And it had to be Gary Busey."

Ha! Very true. And didn't you feel for that poor actress sitting next to him on the couch? I don't think they paid her enough for that...

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-28-11 at 06:27 PM
This show is strangely fascinating, even though I feel like I should watch PBS afterwards to off set it! The commercials were so different, but both were good. I think Lil John basically won the votes with making the room full of suits and ties feel like they were "Hip".

Starr and Nene got along well last night, so you know the storm is coming. I heard that Nene is now hanging around with Starr's ex-husband, probably just to bug Starr. Pretty sure there is nothing else he could do for Nene.

Nene just really wants to be famous. They all do, but she does more than the rest I think.

Still liking the men, although Gary Bussey is like a bratty child. They talk about his acting skills, but how many years ago was that. I think Meatloaf will have had his fill next week. Mark McGrath talked about how Gary invades your physical space, spits when he talks and has body odor. Very pleasant.

"RE: I get it now-at least some of it..."
Posted by mindy23 on 03-28-11 at 07:04 PM
The pixelation-ok! NOW, I know what that reference was about. Yep, Gary Busey is in another realm when it comes to, well, much of anything. I guess he wanted to REALLY take the part on as Grandpa in the robe. But what child would ever want to see THAT from Grandpa?? HOLY Carp! LOL....talk about nightmares and years of therapy!!!!

Anyway, since I'm a fellow basher, it's ok. I'll let it all roll off the old probervial back. But I have to tell you, I haven't paid a lot of attention to Sheen and his antics, so I had no idea he had referred to himself as a 'warlock'. HONEST, or I probably would have found a difference reference for Dionne. It was just such a close call to her name-you know, Warwick, Warlock? Even though she IS a woman...WHATEVER!

If you get my drift, fine. If not, I promise not to cry myself to sleep. There are so many other amazing s/l's on this board, and reality shows to kick around. I'm sure I'll find my niche somewhere. All is fine......

"RE: I get it now-at least some of it..."
Posted by PagongRatEater on 03-29-11 at 10:43 AM
Keep on, keepin' on mindy. I like your posts! Estee is the queen of (semi) obscure references, and (usually) it isn't personal.

As for the show, I know that he is a train wreck but I love every second that Gary Busey is on the screen. You almost have to wonder if someone that insane is not just doing a but, in either case it is way entertaining. Looking forward to the throwdown with Meatloaf next week.

The women's team is a mess. It's hard to like Starr, but she also seems like one of the very few competent business people there. The other women seem to lack any spark of intelligence, real world connection or serious work ethic (with the exception of Marly and maybe Nene). The shakeup has to be coming soon as they need some new blood and some real help.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-30-11 at 09:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-11 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

I wasn't wild about either commercial - as they would appear on TV. The men's was the perfect viral video. And they were correct in that it was so outrageous, it was good.

I thought the women's video was just blah. They could have done so much more to tug at the heartstrings. I think a father away from home on a business trip would have been better. They could have had him reading a story to his child/children. They could have also used a soldier or serviceman stationed overseas. While I like Marlee and thought she did well, their commercial just wasn't the highest of quality. Neither was, but the men's had more potential and had a bigger wow factor.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie