URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID104
Thread Number: 24
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jan 11 - Finally, a new episode!"

Posted by byoffer on 01-11-07 at 10:19 PM
Sooo??? What did you think??

I thought it was a good show, though I cringed when Addison and Alex almost.... Why do they have to go there?

LOL about Meredith and her zzzzs. LOL because I was able to keep looking at DW and freak her our about her potential zzzing. (she doesn't, but I might as well have fun with it, right??)

(I am keeping my comments to a minimum until the west coasters have had a chance to watch!)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"You might be"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-11-07 at 10:24 PM
my first simultaneous post! As I said in the other thread I am still into it-definitely holds its spot on my "must see" list.

"RE: Jan 11 - Finally, a new episode!"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-12-07 at 10:01 AM
Good episode, but I must confess, I am getting a little tired of the O'Malley storyline.

Burke and Cristina is going to get old as well.

Bailey coming down on Izzie about the check. "that's not rational". True, very true.

Could someone explain what happened to Izzie in the bank? I watched her breakdown, but could not hear what she was saying, I got a phonecall during that time....(couldn't be a friend, all my friends know not to call during GA)

McSteamy is feeling left out.........ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Glad GA is back, however, not the top notch episode I craved, but satisfied most of my deprivations.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-12-07 at 10:02 AM
Need to add, I loved when O'Malley and Callie were dancing because of the 130cc of urine in 4 hours!!! That was so cute.

Posted by cow lady on 01-12-07 at 10:20 AM
That was so cute! Could the good George be coming back??? I hope so, he has been acting like a real jerk.

Posted by MKitty on 01-16-07 at 05:30 PM
ooh...that was my favourite part of the show! I was literally cheering and clapping when George and Callie finally connected again...yes, somebody who "gets" him (as his family does not) I really want those two to work as I really like their weird chemistry...

A Tribe original!

Posted by byoffer on 01-12-07 at 01:54 PM
Could someone explain what happened to Izzie in the bank?

Not sure that I can explain, but I will try. It was Izzy basically showing that she was, in fact, not okay. She was crying and blubbering and telling the banker that she was supposed to desposit the cheque (Canadian here ) and that he should just take it, and just deposit it. He was confused, because of her actions, the cheque being so large, and the cheque being dirty (it had food stains). The scene was confusing (hard to hear), but I think that was intentional to reflect Izzy's confusion.

One comment that she made was that she is supposed to do something good with the money. Total foreshadow that she will probably give some to finance the bent girl's surgery.

It feels like the saga with George's dad has dragged forever, but in reality it has only been a few shows (part of the problem when a continuing plot show takes such a long break).

My craving will be better satisfied when we see part 2.

Posted by geg6 on 01-12-07 at 03:29 PM
>It feels like the saga with
>George's dad has dragged forever,
>but in reality it has
>only been a few shows
>(part of the problem when
>a continuing plot show takes
>such a long break).

In fact, I first tuned in last night, but when I saw the whole George's dad scene, I thought this must be a repeat because this story line has to be over by now, I turned the channel and missed it.

No big deal, though, IMHO. I haven't really liked this show since the whole ridiculously ludicrous story line about Izzy and Denny (was that his name?) last season. And the fact that she's actually back in the internship program? Even more ridiculous and ludicrous. I think this show jumped the shark long ago. I think I'm done with it.

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

Posted by byoffer on 01-15-07 at 10:08 AM
Hey Geg

The intros they do to show past story lines can be confusing.

Just curious what has you so upset about the Izzy/Denny thing? I agree that parts were incredulous - the way she was able to fawn over him in the hospital, the way she cut the LVAD, and her not getting fired afterwards. But much of TV is extreme. I thought the idea of a doctor who gets involved with their patients is actually realistic, and Izzy is just an extreme (as previews for upcoming shows reveal, this is a character flaw of her's).

More ludicrous for me is the way that they all seem to be sexually attracted to each other. It is just like speed dating. When the bell rings, move on to the next doctor.

I still think it is a good show, and my DW still loves it.

Posted by geg6 on 01-16-07 at 01:11 PM
I guess this whole show is just too soap opera-ish for me.

None of it is the least bit realistic (whether we are discussing the medical stories, the romantic triangles, or the incredible number of places in a hospital it seems these people manage to find to have sex undetected) and I can't seem to find a single character that is likeable. I used to really like Sandra Oh's character (my main reason for tuning in as long as I did), but ever since they've had the story where she, an intern, is basically running the surgery schedule so she can cover for the nerve damage of her boyfriend, who seems to not care one little bit about the patients or the liability he is creating for his hospital (and neither does his superior, apparently), I've lost what little investment I had in it.

It's all just who's sleeping with who, it's all just this side of incest creepy with the revolving beds, and not a smidgen of real medical information.

IMHO, this show belongs on the air every day at about 2pm, right there with "All My Children" and "General Hospital" (which, by the way, is a hospital that at least bears a passing resemblance to a real hospital, unlike the one on Grey's).

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

"agree"
Posted by Breezy on 01-13-07 at 10:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-07 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

One comment that she made was that she is supposed to do something good with the money. Total foreshadow that she will probably give some to finance the bent girl's surgery.

Yep, I bet she sets up a foundation to help others have surgery that insurance won't cover.

I LOLed at George and Callie dancing about his Dad's urine. *snort*

"RE: agree"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-15-07 at 09:59 AM
Totally agree, because in the previews you hear Bailey say to Izzie "once again, you're getting too involved with your patients" or something to that affect.