URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2396
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"It's another series record!"

Posted by Estee on 10-12-10 at 10:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-10 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

Ratings, All-Time Low. The average viewership for the season is 4.7 million -- the least number of people who've ever been caught watching this thing, with that number being dragged down every week. (Previous low: 7.5 million, back in Season #6.) So apparently casting the rejects from Hell's Bitches was a mistake. Who knew? Not that I'm saying Mahsa is dragging this season down all by herself. David's helping, and Donald aided and abetted absolutely everything while convincing himself there was no crime being committed -- at least, not one he couldn't buy his way out of.

Wrong.

I knew the show was already in financial trouble when we didn't get a real corporate sponsor until the fourth episode. Donald used to make millions off this thing just by getting businesses to pay for the honor of an hour-long commercial. And now? Not only do we get deep into the fiasco before the first brand name shows up, but that name is Popcorn, Indiana. They were the one millionth entity to click Donald's banner ad!

So the casting isn't working (as evidenced by the ratings), the money is no longer flowing into Donald's pockets, NBC isn't getting the revenue they want -- and the celebrity edition is currently being edited into something vaguely non-presentable which no one will want to watch either.

Could this be Year Last for the franchise? It's possible -- and if this is what Donald thinks is quality scripting entertainment?

Good riddance.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: It's another series record!"
Posted by jbug on 10-12-10 at 10:47 AM
I would be watching...but there are scheduling conflicts. I can watch 1 show & record another in the other room.
3 that I want to see at the same time? 1's gonna get left out.
I watched the first 2 eps on-line; haven't had time to get to the others yet.

Now if they'd move it to Monday night...

Agman says my new glasses make me look sexy!

Posted by samboohoo on 10-15-10 at 09:05 AM
Watching on DVR or online and only when I have time. Right now I'm watching to see what miracle happens to make David attractive to Poppy since I read they are now dating.

If it went away, I wouldn't miss it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Belle Book on 10-18-10 at 05:01 PM
I have to tape it on the DVR because of scheduling conflicts with Project Runway -- the latter show is on from 9 to 10:30. Once PR is done, then I'll watch this show!

Posted by taotaod on 10-24-10 at 04:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-10 AT 04:39 AM (EST)

Hallo!I strongly recommend Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset to you! Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset is a British television series produced by Hartswood Films for BBC Wales, co-produced with WGBH Boston for its Masterpiece anthology series.Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset was created by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, who wrote one episode each. Paul McGuigan directed the first and third episodes; Euros Lyn directed the second, which was written by Stephen Thompson.Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset is worth watching!You can find it at dvdcollects.com

Posted by taotaod on 10-24-10 at 04:39 AM
Hallo!I strongly recommend Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset to you! Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset is a British television series produced by Hartswood Films for BBC Wales, co-produced with WGBH Boston for its Masterpiece anthology series.Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset was created by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, who wrote one episode each. Paul McGuigan directed the first and third episodes; Euros Lyn directed the second, which was written by Stephen Thompson.Sherlock Holmes Complete Series DVD Boxset is worth watching!You can find it at dvdcollects. com

"Oooh! Toad.. Toad..."
Posted by foonermints on 10-29-10 at 11:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-10 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

DoubleToad!

Yep, no one is watching. *looks at date*

etf: only One knows why..

"RE: Oooh! Toad.. Toad..."
Posted by qwertypie on 10-30-10 at 04:15 PM
Hey, I alerted both postings. I guess that means the mod cats are away and we can play! Wheeeeeeee!

"RE: Oooh! Toad.. Toad..."
Posted by foonermints on 11-01-10 at 04:12 PM
If you do that, my post will make me look like an incomprehensible idiot.

Oh...

Posted by kingfish on 10-30-10 at 05:09 PM
Anybody heard about the Double boxed set of Sherlock Holmes? Wonder if it's any good. Oh well, if no one is going to speak up.

I blame Joan and Melissa for killing Apprentice. And I never thought I'd say this, but they are good for something, after-all.

Posted by Starshine on 12-10-10 at 00:32 AM
Despite what young Toad may think it is actually called Sherlock (except in Russia), and I thought it was fantastic.

It was shown on PBS I think

Posted by Matthewop on 11-30-10 at 04:28 AM
I am a huge fan of this show. I haven't every episode since now!!

nice high quality dvds just click http://www.dvdbestonline.com

Posted by foonermints on 12-09-10 at 10:47 PM
I haven't either!

Somedays just a leetle green.

"Season over."
Posted by Estee on 12-10-10 at 02:45 PM
Or so the front page tells me. I haven't watched the thing for over a month.

BTW, how does firing that many people help the recession?

"RE: Season over."
Posted by mindy23 on 12-13-10 at 09:19 AM
Good point-about firing everyone. Except The Donald, supposedly, sets them all up with some exec on their way out, and they all live happily ever after, according to their exit interviews...

So much for poor Clint, though. We never get to see HIS exit interview. And he was primed since day 2 for the finale. IMHO, he was axed by Ivanka, who felt he wasn't sophisticated enough for the organization, with his Texas 'ya'll' stuff, so she talked Daddy into hiring brainless Brandy instead. Not to mention the eye candy she is for little Don-Don.

Whatever. It was all so boring at the end. Am I the only one here who absolutely HATES golf tournaments??

Posted by PagongRatEater on 12-13-10 at 02:02 PM
I agree they didn't like his 'folksiness'. So many things went wrong with Brandi's event - they screwed up Trumps grouping, Kathy Griffin went essentially unused, and the prizes were left behind. For the most part, Cliff's event was flawless and he overcame a major screw-up nicely.

At the end of the day, they percieved him as a bumpkin and never gave him credit for a strong game from start to finish. It's a crappy way to end the season.

On the whole, I thought the idea of redemption and a kinder, gentler Donald would make for a more successful season than it was. I had stopped watching but was interested in this years' premise and seeing a real apprentice again - rather than "celebrities". My guess is one more season with celebs, if they can get any big names, and then we are done.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

Posted by Estee on 12-13-10 at 05:37 PM
if they can get any big names

The official cast was revealed a while back, so I can post it here safely. 'Big names' is in the eye of the beholder, although most potential viewers would know at least a few of the people on it. But for a more accurate description, try 'a roomful of crazy'.

Major crazy.

David Cassidy (singer/actor)
Dionne Warwick (singer)
Gary Busey (lunatic)
Hope Dworaczyk (adult model)
John Rich (singer/reality star)
Jose Canceso (whistleblower)
La Toya Jackson (police officer, retired)
Lil Jon (rapper)
Lisa Rinna (actress/reality retread)
Mark McGrath (boxing frontman)
Marlee Matlin (actress/reality retread #2)
MeatLoaf (singer)
NeNe Leakes (reality star)
Niki Taylor (model)
Richard Hatch (ex-convict)
Star Jones (leech)

No one's going to be tuning in for the business acumen.

and then we are done.

NBC: We're Cheap And It's Paid For.

At the end of the day, they percieved him as a bumpkin and never gave him credit for a strong game from start to finish. It's a crappy way to end the season.

Since when has Donald cared about actual performance when compared against the decision he made on Day #1? He's a one-man Survivor jury: make up your mind about who you're going to vote for, ignore all speeches, evidence, and footage to the contrary, then cast and walk away claiming you knew best all along. Once he was locked into Brandi, she could have set her facility on fire and been given bonus points for urban clearance. For details, see Rivers, Hag.

N. Paul Todd had more credibility.