URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2388
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New American Band show"

Posted by livsforluv on 06-25-07 at 12:30 PM

Has anyone heard about the new show they are trying to put together? It's something about the next Great American Band.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New American Band show"
Posted by byoffer on 06-26-07 at 08:13 AM
I heard something about a band show, but have no details. I'm sure we will hear soon enough.

btw, you have posted that album cover in a bunch of your posts. It is too large to be a sigpic, and this place isn't about blatant advertising. You should read the complete guidelines linked at the top of the page.

Posted by CTgirl on 06-27-07 at 06:49 PM
From Fox.com's web site - fall 2007 preview:

What “American Idol” did for individuals, THE SEARCH FOR THE NEXT GREAT AMERICAN BAND is going to do for musical groups. The producers of “American Idol” will conduct the ultimate search for an undiscovered band. THE SEARCH FOR THE NEXT GREAT AMERICAN BAND is scouring the country, seeking groups from all musical genres who think they have what it takes to make it big. Judges will narrow down bands from all walks of life – musicians of different ages, family acts, garage bands, etc. – to 10 semi-finalists, who will perform in front of a live studio audience. Viewers then will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite bands. The final three acts will compete for a major recording contract and the chance to become music superstars.

It will be on Fridays at 8 pm. I think I read earlier that it's was scheduled for that night because of the demographics they think will watch it.

Spotlighted by Tribe

Posted by JacindaIdol on 10-01-07 at 06:04 PM
If you go on http://www.americanidol.com/ they have links to some videos of some of the bands competing. Looks like it could be a good show!