URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2384
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Brett Michaels Brain Hemorage"

Posted by Snidget on 04-23-10 at 06:14 PM
And that isn't a hint about what he's been hiding under his bandana.

The ex-Poison frontman, former star of VH1's "Rock of Love With Bret Michaels," and current "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant was hospitalized at an undisclosed facility Thursday after suffering a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage, or bleeding at the base of his brain stem, according to People magazine.

Michaels, 47, was in critical condition and under "intense observation" by doctors while they run tests to determine the cause of his bleeding, People reported.

Last weekend, Michaels revealed to his fans that he was rushed to a hospital on April 11 for an emergency appendectomy.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bret-michaels-hospitalized-brain-hemorrhage-report/story?id=10461140

Oh mega crap.

I've always liked him on reality TV and this really doesn't sound good.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Brett Michaels Brain Hemorage"
Posted by Estee on 04-23-10 at 06:28 PM
I blame Megan.

Posted by mindy23 on 04-23-10 at 07:59 PM
Sure seems like this season's men have had a curse hanging over them, doesn't it?? I like the guy, too, from seeing him on C.A., and I hope this isn't as bad as it's sounding, but from being a nurse and from knowing how serious brain hemorraghing is, he's really touch and go at this point. Poor guy!! He really needs our prayers.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-23-10 at 08:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-10 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

He's not my favorite guy on Celebrity Apprentice, but I'm still worried about Bret with that cerebral hemorrhage. I'll be praying for him.

"Possibly good news..."
Posted by Snidget on 04-23-10 at 08:59 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/23/bret-michaels-stable-condition/

TMZ has reports that he is concious and talking so that should be a good sign.

Posted by Puffy on 04-23-10 at 09:21 PM
I like him a lot on Celebrity Apprentice. He seems genuine and sincere.

Posted by mindy23 on 04-23-10 at 11:13 PM
I hope this TMZ report is true. Seems a lot of reporters like to jump in with info, whether true or not, before anything is confirmed. In this case, I really hope they are right!

His odds certainly are NOT good, but if he's conscious and speaking coherently, that is a very good sign! Hang in there, Brett!

Posted by JessicaRN on 04-24-10 at 00:13 AM
I feel so bad about this. Although Brett would not be my idea for a spouse for my daughter, he seems like a nice guy and a good father. I did notice him mention being hung over after their win, which I'm pretty sure is not on the plan for someone with a serious case of diabetes.

Posted by MizJazmine on 04-24-10 at 02:20 AM
I thought the same thing about the alcohol and diabetes. Just the same I'm sorry to hear about this. I didn't really know who he was, but watching him on CA, I've come to like him. I hope he pulls through all of this.

Posted by mindy23 on 04-24-10 at 11:43 AM
Read this morning that the reports of him being conscious and coherent are NOT true, that his condition is still very critical, and this weekend will pretty much determine his fate. WOW, how incredibly sad, if he doesn't pull out of this!

I agree, I would NOT want him to date my daughter, either. I don't approve of his lifestyle, but he does seem to be a pretty decent guy on a lot of other levels. I think he's living the 'rock star' personna with a vengence. And drinking and diabetes do NOT go together-I questioned that every time I saw him with a drink in his hand, or mentioned getting hammered from a win. So, obviously, he doesn't take real good care of himself. But sub-dural, sub-arachnoid hematomas are usually caused from trauma of some sort, so who knows? I saw that last year he had some hit in the face (accidental). But that isn't usually something that would surface this late...just hope he really does pull through this and has a lifelong epiphany from it. God bless the dude!

Posted by Snidget on 04-24-10 at 11:57 AM
Sometimes it is just a weak blood vessel. Happened to someone at a meeting I was at. Sudden severe headache like they said Brett had, hopefully they got Brett to hospital as fast as they got her. We were about a mile from Duke. Still meant a long slow recovery.

I thought the reports of talking sounded too early, but I was hoping it was true.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-24-10 at 12:40 PM
Yeah, Bret could've had an aneurysm. I'm still hoping he pull through -- I wouldn't wish a brain hemorrage on anybody.

Posted by Wallflower66 on 04-25-10 at 11:44 PM
I feel bad for him. (Not "badly" as Trump would have incorrectly corrected me)

Aggie made me bloom!

Posted by mindy23 on 04-26-10 at 09:48 AM
>I feel bad for him. (Not
>"badly" as Trump would have
>incorrectly corrected me)
>
>
>
>
>Aggie made me bloom!
THAT is correct! From what I've read, according to Webster, there is NO such word as 'badly'. I've since worked very hard, (not hardly) to correct myself! Shame on the Donald!!

"'badly' is a word"
Posted by IceCat on 04-27-10 at 05:30 AM
The problem is that 'badly' is an adverb and would therefore, describe the verb 'feel' in the sentence 'I feel badly'.

That would mean the speaker is stating that they perform the act of feeling in a sub-standard manner.

One of the adjective uses of the word 'bad' is sorry or sorrowful and that is how Cyndi correctly used it.

Look at these two sentences:

I smell bad.

I smell badly.

The first sentence could would apply if I needed to take a bath.

The second sentence would apply if I chose to stick things in my ear to check their odour.

"RE: 'badly' is a word"
Posted by mindy23 on 04-27-10 at 11:33 AM
Do you? Choose to stick things in your EAR to check their odors?? I can only smell with my nose...so that is a new one on me! But thanks for the explanation.

"RE: 'badly' is a word"
Posted by qwertypie on 04-27-10 at 03:28 PM
It's a Canadian thing

"RE: UPDATE"
Posted by mindy23 on 04-28-10 at 10:41 AM
As of yesterday, Brett was supposedly awake and speaking with his father, over the phone. He is still fairly sedated, but moving his arms, and aware of his surroundings, as well as answering questions, etc.

This is good news! Also found out he is in an 'undisclosed Arizona Hospital". Makes me wonder if I should take a ride around the old home town, and check out a few neuro floors....Just saying! I could pull a uniform out of my closet, put on a name badge, and who knows?? Wouldn't ya all love a REAL LIVE UPDATE??

Nah, I couldn't do that. I don't have the cahoonies.......

Posted by mindy23 on 05-04-10 at 07:36 PM
Released from hospital today, and expected to do VERY well!! YEAH!!!! Praise God, and good job, Docs, Nurses, and Brett, for pulling through this!

So glad to hear this. Gives me a huge sigh of relief! He's a good guy who really deserves to live a very long life. Hope he'll remember to put his health way up on the scale now, too. Not that it had much to do with this incident, but just because he has so many people who love him!

Posted by Estee on 05-04-10 at 07:51 PM
I'm filing this under 'too stubborn to die.'

Also, VH1 probably has him under contract for a fourth season.

First piece of good news to come out of this genre in about three months.

Posted by Belle Book on 05-05-10 at 04:53 PM
I'm glad to hear he's been released from the hospital but I agree with you Estee -- he's too stubborn to die. Of course, that's sometimes a good thing -- ask a certain contestant in your Survivor fanfic about that. She's also way too stubborn to die.

Posted by lisettevr on 05-06-10 at 10:10 AM
Hi everybody!
I would like to ask you if you want to fill in a survey of the University of Amsterdam(the Netherlands). In this study we aim to compare television viewers in three different countries. You would be a great help if you could give me five minutes of your time to complete this survey. Click on the following link to start the survey. www.thesistools.com/?id=130505
I’m also very interested in your opinion if you never watch the program.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Lisette van Reijsen (University of Amsterdam).

"Setback"
Posted by vince3 on 05-21-10 at 00:37 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bret-michaels-hospitalized-after-warning-stroke-has-hole-in-heart-10983.php

He's back in the hospital and suffered what the doctors called a "warning stroke" and he also has a hole in heart....... literally.

His appearance on Sunday's Celebrity Apprentice Finale is now up in the air............