URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2382
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"

Posted by Bungler on 03-13-02 at 09:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-02 AT 10:54 PM (EST)

{JP} Next time on a special Wednesday edition of Survivor

{Rob, fairly unintelligible} --more stuff--

{JP} Gina fights for her life

{Gina} They're not gonna keep somebody like me around

{Gina} ...if I'd have thought you were a liability, I'd have voted on you

{JP} But when the Survivors are given a chance to take fate into their own hands, the game takes a drastic turn

{Sean} Here's where the game gets really interesting

-------------------------

EDITED TO ADD: I didn't cap it, but after scene 07, Rob seems to chuckle and hang his head low. Has he missed a question (trivia)? Has he just heard about some crafty "twist" that screws up/advances his gameplan? I dunno. I just wanted to point that out though.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-13-02 at 09:59 PM
well, #7 seems to show Paschal right ahead of Rob, so maybe this is indication of some dumb-ass version of a merge or twist. Rob and Sean look smug as if they've just gotten away with something
Vecepia seems to sense opportunity
All of Rotu shown (Paschal, Neleh, Kathy, Gabe) look shocked to uniquivocably unhappy (Kathy with teary eyes, not that THAT'S a spoiler)

Die, Sean, die, Rob!!!
You've got your own special circle of hell waiting for you upon your boots from the island

Posted by cowboyroo on 03-13-02 at 10:50 PM
In Pic 7, that is definitely Paschal with Rob. In the shot of Neleh with her hands on her head there is another's arm in front of her.

I think there is a lot of Red Herring about a merged tribe, or switching teams. I think this is all BS and what we are seeing in these clips is another Survivor Trivia Challenge. Rob up against Paschal; Neleh up against someone from Maraamu; and Rotu will take its first trek to Tribal Council. I think it will be an elimination trivia like in S2 which will suffice taking fate into their own hands...by answering questions individually correctly, they will determine fate of going to TC or not...

I also think there was some foreshadowing of Paschal getting voted out when Neleh said voting for Paschal will be the hardest thing she will have to do. We saw this with Liz and Rodger in S2, but Liz never had to write his name. This time I think Neleh will...

Winds of Change - Mamaaru did the right thing (Mamaaru is wind). They did what they needed to do to survive, and are going to be a better team for it.

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-14-02 at 11:03 AM
What Lis said was "I'll never write that man's name to a piece of paper." Neleh was a bit less committal in her statement.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by bigdog on 03-15-02 at 03:11 PM
I fel the same way about the video recap. Now that we are expecting a switch, I don't think MB is going to do it. I also think these caps could be during the challenges. But MB would have to do something if Mamaaru loses again, but bringing two from Rotu would be greatly unfair. It would be a given that they would be the next to go after Gina. Also, I don't think that the four Mamaaru is going to work well together. Sean still does not like to be told what to do, and if Rob takes this position, he will feel like he has Hunter all over again (just creepier). Plus, now that Hunter is gone, I don't thin Sarah is going to be ready to work and start pulling weight.

Posted by BaquaR13 on 03-15-02 at 07:16 PM
I agree with you. I think she will have to as well, and i said that outloud while i was watching the episode!

"RE: Verification"
Posted by Ogachu on 03-14-02 at 10:56 AM
Considering the recycled vidcaps MB used over again in S3, has anyone thought to double check these to make sure they are actually new & accurate vidcaps for this episode. Kathy's crying could be from Ep2 and not this one to throw us off.

Just paranoid I guess.

"Bungler, for all you do..."
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-14-02 at 10:59 AM
For all you do, this post is for you. Thanks for all your work!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by Swami on 03-14-02 at 11:41 AM
>

Who's head is this in the foreground? It sure doesn't look like Rob to me--Rob's hair is much darker, almost black. It looks too short & dark to be Hunter's. When I watched the video of this, I had the impression Sean & head were seated. Could it be John's? Colour & cut seem right.

Swami

Posted by cowboyroo on 03-14-02 at 11:51 AM
Swami, I was thinking the exact same thing. Could very well be John's head. Was afraid to post it though.

And thanks Survivin' Dawg for the accurate quote about Liz/Rodger...

and Bungler for bein' the fastest Vidcap poster in the west!

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-14-02 at 11:54 AM
I just posted a thresd to suggest that if Maraamu loses the next IC, they may have a "group meeting" afterwards, in which they might stand around intermingled. In that meeting, JP will tell them that they must decide to either merge the next morning (after TC) OR resplit into two 6-6 teams. That would explain Paschal standing next to Rob, and possibly John's head next to Sean.

Posted by ycartdraw on 03-14-02 at 01:06 PM
I think you are on with this. But...

If he tells them they have to decide whether to merge or split to two new tribes 6-6 and If they all just vote you know it will be to merge because Rotu would still have all the power. They would say merge and then the 8 of them would pick off the 5 of Maraamu. So really, nothing would change. so what about this...

he say's they will be deciding on whether to merge or split. They will have a trivia challenge where one from each team will square off. the one that answers the question correctly gets to cast the vote. That way would be more fair but likely...who knows.

I love guessing at this stuff, even if I never get it right...LOL

Posted by Tatina on 03-14-02 at 12:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

I too was thinking about this too.... As you know I don't get to see the show. So I was trying to find some pics of Rob without the cap for a comparison. I found a couple, and to me Rob's hair looks dark brown in a very Southern Italian way. This means it could look almost black or almost violet depending on lighting. So this means it could actually be Rob too.

But... Rob's hair seems slightly wavy, while the hair of the person in the photo is almost very straight. And the haircolor matches ´that of John's as well.

The conclusions: If it's Sean with Rob there isn't probably much spoiler value to this pic.

If it's Sean with John then there are heeps of information in it. This doesn't seem like a challange picture. Sean is sitting down. He is wearing a yellow puff. We don't see the puff the other John is wearing. Anyway, it would be safe to say Sean is still a Maraamu, and John would have either become a Maraamu member or been sent to negociate with them on something or bringing some news personally (though I don't understand why treemail wouldn't be used in such an occation).

Posted by Tatina on 03-14-02 at 11:50 AM
In the cap 1 it seems that now that there isn't an alpha male to defy by refusing to fetch water (and no alpha male to fetch it) Sean might actually have at least a temporarely attitutde change towards working. He is cracking the woods to burn it.

Caps 6 and 7 seem to have the same lightning conditions and the
green background. Since Rob is definitely facing Paschal and there seems to be someone facing Neleh (that's definitely not her arm in the front of the picture), I think these caps are from the RC, which might well be a trivia one.

Caps 9, 10 and 11 are interesting. Now, I think that they are all from the same occation. The backgrounds and the lightning of the 9 and 10 with Paschal and Kathy match (I saw more caps on SF, there are three of them of Cat). They both look rather distressed. Paschal does look amazed too (that hand over his mouth). Then there's Gabe standing by the shore (is that the Rotu flag hailing up at the right corner?), looking distressed as well. I don't know, but somehow these caps remind me of the reactions Kuchas had when Mike fell to the fire.

Somehow Vee's expression in the cap 9 reinforces this impression. I have a feeling she's just got news she doesn't know how to react to. On the other hand it's not entirely out of question that the pic could be from the same occation as the Paschal and Kathy caps.

Posted by Dougbie on 03-15-02 at 00:29 AM
I think that we need to be careful comparing all the individual shots of the survivors in the preview. The shots of Neleh, Rob, and a few of the others appear to part of a challenge. But just because Sean is wearing his buff, I don't believe this shot is part of the same challenge--if it is even a challenge shot at all. Shots #6 and 11 both show Kathy, but her Buff looks inside out in the second shot leading me to believe that they occur at different times (or challenges). Also shots 9, 10, and 11 are showing definite Rotu reactions to something , but what ever it is, it appears to be off in the distance(at least Gabe’s face gives this impression). I would say that we are looking at different shots of a different time mixed in to appear as one event. We know that editing plays a big part in all the previews and even the episodes. We have already seen episodes where shots have be edited out of the normal time line, and I am sure that the same applies to next weeks preview.

I agree with cowboyroo that we are looking at a trivia challenge, probably for immunity, and that Rotu will must likely finally receive their torches at the Party Hut. As far as a tribal merge or some sort of swap, we are beginning to be teased, but we won’t see it happen yet.

dougbie
-because it sounds better then just Doug-

P.S. I tried to post this last night, but it was late and my computer decied to go to bed.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-15-02 at 00:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-02 AT 00:58 AM (EST)

i think you're probably right on that being john next to sean. another possibility, however, is that it is jiffy. i wouldn't be surprised to see the probester amble on down to camp retard and have a heart to heart about how stupid they are

but the more interesting thing i think, which i just picked up on, is not a cap at all, but this line:
>>{Gina} ...if I'd have thought you were a liability, I'd have voted on you

to me this HAS to be Gina talking to Sean. Sean is the one who has persisted in his insecurity and paranoi about being voted off. this seems to be Gina trying to get Sean and Vee to side with her against Rob and Sarah, because Sarah is a liability, whereas Sean "isn't"

And I suppose "The Winds Twist" could just as easily mean a shift in the apparent alliances, so maybe Gina succeeds. Although, I don't know why we'd have to watch the first 10 minutes for that

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-15-02 at 01:01 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-02 AT 01:04 AM (EST)

Also, do we have any idea where they could be in cap 7?
(the pink flowers/bush behind Rob could be an indication) if it's in one or the other camp, we can be pretty sure that this probably indicates a switch or merge (combined with the Sean/John (?) cap). or maybe an early ambassadors episode?

and i think the person in front of Neleh is either paschal or gabe, as they seem to be walking in a line, and the four shocked rotu are likely in it together

Posted by George Tirebiter on 03-18-02 at 11:59 PM
>do we have any idea where they could be in cap 7?
This is on the challenge beach, by the TC shelter:

This is the only place I've seen those bougainvilleas.

GT

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-19-02 at 00:10 AM
great find GT! thanks!
so the possibility of that being a challenge shot with Rob and Paschal is open, as is their meeting for a potential swap. i guess there's no spoiler value there then

Posted by Naked on 03-15-02 at 02:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-02 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

I spent some time the other day going through the vidcaps of this seasons, and S3 previews, and I noticed a couple of things. Last Season, Out Front Girl pointed out to us that in almost every preview, MB showed the person booted in his sequence, but also made it seem that someone else was in trouble. This theory became widely known on this board as OFG boot theory, and proved incredibly useful in spoiling the show.

This year, I have seen two of the three previews show us a pretty obvious boot. With Peter being missing from what we knew where Ep 2 pics at the opening of the season, and Patricia annoying Sean in EP 2 Previews. (She was the only person viewed in a negative light.) I am going to call the obvious boot choice in the preview this year our "Naked" boot pick. The pick with nothing to hide.

Last week however, MB went back to the OFG boot pick in that he showed Robert and John in trouble with injuries, and Hunter ( the actual bootee) looking like he was smoothing things out.
The previews this week have another "Naked" boot choice with Gina. She appears in trouble, and If it where not for the "Twist" in the title this week, would be the obvious pick. I guess the OFG theory boot this week would be Kathy, as she looks visibly upset, but maby we can hear from OFG Herself, so she can clarify her theory ....
Naked

Posted by George Tirebiter on 03-19-02 at 00:11 AM
>maby we can hear from OFG Herself, so she can clarify her theory ....

Poor OFG tried to clear up her so-called theory last week (sorry, I can't remember which thread. . .)--and I believe she is completely overwhelmed with RL until after Spring Break. Afraid we're on our own this week!

GT

"The OFG Theory"
Posted by Krautboy on 03-19-02 at 00:57 AM
The OFG Theory:

This is one of the few tools that has been consistently reliable. It states that the weeks bootee will be shown prominently in the previews. This week we see Gina, Neleh, Rob, Vesepia, Paschal, Kathy, Gabe and Sean in the preview vidcaps.

Conclusion: Tammy, Zoe Robert, John and Sarah are safe this week.

Krautboy

"RE: The OFG Theory"
Posted by dabo on 03-19-02 at 04:12 PM
Further applying OFG Theory, looking at who are "featured" in the promo, they are Gina, Rob and Sean. Gina at the beginning points to herself as the boot, meaning she probably won't be unless this is a week when the change-up occurs. In the shot with Rob the whole sequence has Rob bowing his head down in dejection, and it is the longest of the challenge sequences. Then there is Sean at the end, in a non-challenge sequence, saying this is where the game gets interesting. The way I'm reading this, Rob and Sean are most likely for the boot. Can anyone see anything else in the video where it can be said anyone is "featured" besides Gina, Rob or Sean?

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

"RE: The OFG Theory"
Posted by ShowMeTheWinner on 03-20-02 at 06:08 AM
How about Kathy?
Her BIG head

"Go with the flow"...

Kathy's boot is illogical if Rotu wins the IC (which is almost a sure thing since episode 5's "End of Innocence" is very likely to be referring to Rotu going to TC) and Maraamu has to go to TC. However not so illogical if there is a twist and Kathy gets switched...

"RE: Ep 4 PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!"
Posted by pakooga on 03-18-02 at 05:41 PM
Anyone else notice that at the beginning of the promo for episode 4 there seems to be someone running panicked near the fire????

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor4/

check it out and see what you think

"Sure enough"
Posted by weltek on 03-18-02 at 05:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-02 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

Looks like a woman running towards the fire when I paused it. Shape of waist and possibly outline of bikini bottoms. All happening in nightvision. Hm. Not sure what to make of it.

Was the Rotu burned sock last ep. foreshadowing?

"RE: Sure enough"
Posted by hrc2u on 03-18-02 at 08:41 PM
Okay a few ideas here. Gina and tribe have it out someone runs off into the woods. Feelings hurt whatever. Others here a crash and yelling or moaning. Then someone grabs a log on fire in hopes of locating run away member.
Scenerio 2; Rotu camp. Roberts be rumored to have bad temper. Perhaps some comes onto to him and he loses it. Understandable with all that "love" people are going to becoming down from the euphoria. Perhaps someone gets to friendly with the oils. Words are cast about and Robert engages in a chase with person grabbing a lantern and hunting the person down. would also work with the promo of changing attitudes.
Starting to think the weather think isn't going to happen until end.
hrc2u

"RE: Ep 4 PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!"
Posted by lazydazes on 03-18-02 at 09:08 PM
pakooga -

I also posted a message about the "man running from fire scene" this weekend under two different threads ----- go and read my comments under the "My Take on the Winds Twist' thread and "New Promo" thread.

See what you think?

"GOT IT - ITS ROB AND A PALM TREE ON FIRE!"
Posted by pakooga on 03-18-02 at 09:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-02 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

LOOKS LIKE ROB IS GOING TO PLAY FIREFIGHTER AS IT SEEMS LIKE A PALM TREE IS ON FIRE.

"New Promo - Monday"
Posted by TechNoir on 03-18-02 at 11:17 PM
In the post 10:30 time on SeeBS I caught the end of a new promo. I wasn't paying much attention but it was one of those 10 second jobbies telling me to watch on Wednesday. When I glanced up at the teevee I saw a brief glimpse of a group hugging scene which featured Paschal prominently hugging Tammy (could have been Gina). Many others were in the scene. My guess would be a "congratulations" scene from the Tofus but I just caught a micro-second of it. Did anybody cap it?

I'm particularly interested because I continue to search for a hint of some sort of challenge for this episode.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

"RE: New Promo - Monday"
Posted by RDIheath on 03-19-02 at 08:59 AM

YEs! Yes! I saw it too and they NEVER replayed it. MB is a Dirty ......
Please someone tell me that they saw the new promo last night between King of Queens and Baby Bob. Its the same Promo that they have been showing all week but in the promo that ran between the 8:00 and 9:00 hour there was an additional shot at the very end. It was of a tribe and they were celebrating and two people were hugging, looking an awful lot like the end of an immunity challenge and it wasnt any of the Maraamu's.
It came and went soo fast that I couldnt get a copy but I taped up to 0100 and they never showed it again, they went back to the original preview.
Someone PLEASE TELL ME THAT THEY SAW THIS!
MB may have given us a HUGE shot here

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-19-02 at 09:39 AM
I don't want to speak too quickly, as it might be something new, but I think I saw this promo before if its the one of Paschal hugging someone. I got the distinct impression it's from an episode we've already seen. Paschal has been hugging every girl in sight all the series long. Also, if it WERE this (upcoming) episode, it could be the Reward Challenge.

Posted by Krautboy on 03-19-02 at 10:51 AM
Technoir: Thanks for the heads-up. I taped it last night after you mentioned it would be coming. (I'm on PST.)

Dawg: I agree with you. I couldn't place which previous challenge it was from, but the facial hair was almost non existent. Definately from a previous episode.

The question is...is this misdirection and Rotu finally loses?

Krautboy

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-02 at 05:11 AM
BUMP, cause these are all the pics we've got!

Hey all, happy spoiling, I am off Thursday to do some field research on island survival techniques *cough* Big Island Hawaii/Pina coladas as a major food group *cough*--unfortunately computers and sand interact poorly, so I'll miss you all.
Seriously. I'll try to get on-line to vote next week.

The OFG theory (which Krautboy keeps alive and pure) includes the Naked theory as a subset. Sometimes the bootee is featured as in trouble, (Diane, Linda, Kimmi, Jerri, Frank, Lindsey, Patricia) and sometimes not--Carl, Jessie, Kelly, Kim Powers. The only theory is that the bootee is shown. We have to decide whether the obvious targets are misdirection or real.

I'm waffling between Kathy and Paschal myself. I truly have no clue this week, but I do think something major will occur with the tribes above and beyond any weather.

I think one of the infamous curve balls gets thrown. But--I am not going to get bent out of shape about not guessing it. I am just going to let this week go. If Burnett tweaks the rules at random, then the spoiling will generally suck, but it's just one episode.

Sometimes I simply "like to watch," to quote "Being There."

"Awwww...."
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-20-02 at 07:43 AM
And I was so looking forward to your insight on this episode, OFG!

"A Final Comment"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-20-02 at 07:41 AM
First, let me say (again) that I am grateful to Bungler for posting these pics, and others who also post the pics. Their work is greatly appreciated, and this post should in NO way be construed as a complaint about them or their work.

Seeing these pics, however, is NOT the same as watching it on TV. Unfortunately, the still shots can only show us so much, and to get the true flavor of what is being shown, the whole clip has to be watched. And this is what I did last night, over and over, and over again.

And my conclusion is that we've been reading far too much into what is going on.

The fire scenes: Are likely from the opening moments after Maraamu's return from TC. I suspect that Gina is going to really rip into someone... probably Sean. The conversation might even turn racial in nature (hence Gina's comment about the liability). This will be the "exciting" first ten minutes of the show.

The challenge scenes. The pics of Neleh, Rob, Paschal, Vee and perhaps Gabe, don't give the same impression on the TV as they do in still pics. They just look like people are guessing trivia answers. The pic of Kathy is close up and she looks tired. I suspect this might be from a previous episode, where she was crying, and MB put it in to mislead us.

Sean's scene. I suspect it is after reading Tree Mail poetry, either RC or IC, or PERHAPS going off to a swap or merge.

"Cap 6"
Posted by jump up on 03-20-02 at 08:51 AM
To me it looks like Neleh is about to take her buff of her head, and arms in the foreground are in the same position. Could it be that Neleh and the mystery person are about to switch tribes?

"RE: A Final Comment"
Posted by sorgee on 03-20-02 at 10:48 AM
Just guessing here:
Gina has a heart-to-heart with Sean. Sean and Rob will battle for Alpha male, but Gina will emerge as a temporary leader until Rob gets booted. Gina, Sean and Vecepia form a temporary alliance. However, I eventually think that the girls in this group may all band together.
Meanwhile on the other side of the island, reality hits the loveshack and they split into 2 factions. The infighting takes it toll and the group begins to lose in E5.

However, I am usually wrong. And because I am usually wrong I usually read and don't post...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

"RE: A Final Comment"
Posted by ShowMeTheWinner on 03-20-02 at 03:00 PM
Do you think that Kathy's crying because she got switched to the loser tribe?

Agree with you on all of the other stuffs.

"SOTS this week?"
Posted by MeToo on 03-20-02 at 04:13 PM
Pretty much everything we have to go on is in this thread, isn't it? Will there be one?

MeToo

Posted by Cin on 03-20-02 at 05:41 PM
>

OK I'm sitting here watching the first 3 episodes of Survivor (getting ready for tonight) and I think this picture of Kathy is the shot of her getting upset about the fire in episode 1. We all know how MB likes to reuse pictures, so I'm beginning to think that the "switch or merge" will not happen tonight, and whatever is gonna happen has nothing to do with the odd numbers here.

I could be wrong.

Cin