URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 238
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"JD/INXS appearances"

Posted by Loree on 09-22-05 at 11:38 AM
Besides Craig Ferguson. INXS will also be on ELLEN on Friday the 23rd.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: JD/INXS appearances"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-22-05 at 11:58 AM
Thanks for the scoop, I'll be watching tomorrow -- Ellen's site has Trisha Yearwood as the guest, so either Trisha backed out or was postponed? I'd much rather see J.D. & assume they'll be playing Pretty Vegas. Maybe J.D. will teach Ellen one of his dance moves .

Posted by Loree on 09-22-05 at 12:22 PM
I heard their addition to the show was a last minute thing. So not sure why. But I do know several people were emailing Ellen to have JD and INXS on the show.

Posted by Loree on 09-23-05 at 10:54 AM
I just finished watching "Ellen". They don't do any interview or chat. They just sang "Pretty Vegas". It seems a little weird hearing them do it with changed words near the end. But JD did have the megaphone.

"ELLEN"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-23-05 at 11:52 AM
Oh, I am so bummed. Ellen doesn't air until 3 p.m. EST in my neck of the woods, so I have 3 hours to go. I was hoping they'd have a little 5-min chat or something. I am curious to see how they change the song & how it sounds as INXS as compared to "J.D. & the House Band."

At least I'll get my J.D. fix for the day -- although he invaded my dreams again last night, that little devil

"RE: ELLEN"
Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-23-05 at 01:29 PM
It's still great! Yes, I went home for a long lunch to watch it.

He's fabulous, the band looks very cool. They got the crowd into it. It was weird, at first, because they were so far from the audience and it was a different crowd - not one to respond to a crotch grab. He was still soooooooooo incredibly hot!!!!

I keep listening to his compilation CD I made (I'm glad they finally got the finale songs up there.) I've added the other MP3s that are other sites (like www.fortune448.com and http://www.promoinnovations.com/jdfortune/index.htm) that you can't download on MSN. It is sooooooooooo fabulous to hear his voice.

Surprisingly "Suspicious Minds" grows on me more and more because I can really hear his voice. I listen to "Your Song' over and over even though it's not very "him" in style, his voice is soooooooo sexy. I cannot WAIT for the CD of INXS in the studio to come out!!!!!

"RE: ELLEN"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-23-05 at 03:19 PM
I've downloaded from the other sites as well. I LOVE "Your Song." I love J.D.'s voice on all his tracks & can't wait until November when the album comes back & I can't wait to see what the CD cover & inside pics are going look like.

Posted by Loree on 09-22-05 at 02:43 PM
OK Ellen was able to make Mike the Plumber from Desperate Housewives take his pants off today to sign and auction them off for the Katrina relief.

I wonder if we could get her to ask JD for the same? I hope he remembers to wear underwear tomorrow.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-22-05 at 03:28 PM
OMG!!

I'm seriously thinking I might play hooky for at least a bit to watch that.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-22-05 at 04:21 PM
For all the JD freaks, this is tooo funny:

Re-Cap of the latest reality episode from our resident Duchess of Snark, Gano.

Sympathy for THE DEBIL

Frickin frackin Marty Smarty Pants...teacher's pet..Grrrrr!

Oh you little debil you, Mark Burnett! I just KNEW you'd send me off with hands wringing, brow sweating, fate of Our Band: And JD hanging tenuously in the balance. So much for the ohhhhhmmm and the meditation and the peace of mind. I'd damn you to hell again, Mark Burnett, except.....I think I love you. (In a really unhealthy abusive relationship kinda way, of course.) You have taken us all here at 448 on one exciting rollercoaster ride this summer. Yes, you truly have, and it's been said I've never met an exciting ride I didn't like. Ahem. I'm batshit crazy that way. Plus, well, for the debil so loved his show that he gave us his only breakout star, JD Fortune, sexy rawk gawd extraordinaire and all that. Yeah, so here's some good vibrations coming your way, Marky Mark, and your funky bunch o' eeeeveeeeel minions, too, to thank you for the sweet sensation of the infinitely watchable JD Fortune gracing my screen three nights a week all summer long. Though I still think you're The Debil.

Soooooooo.....soooooo.....this is the last recap. Oy, I'm all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves...I'll give you a topic....MIG, how is his chest so shiny...do you think he BUFFS it after he waxes....DISCUSS...

Okay, I'm back. Tonight's reality show was....interesting. Opening scene, at the mansion...what are the final three really thinking?

MiGgy: Oh, I am sooooOOOOoooo thankful to have had the opportunity to sing for my survival, because now I know I really BELONG here. I am a real Rockstar boy now, Geppetto! Hmmm....I might just win this thing, if I can beat Marty! JD....he can't be the one, cuz I'm sure JD scares INXS....he must. He scares me. All that testosterone and machismo and mojo frightens SmiGol. Yes, so I can win if I beat Marty. WHEEEEEEE! Winning is FUN!

Marty: I soooo thought the good ship MiGnition was ready for liftoff back to Australia, or Middle Earth, or wherever. WHY did it have to be Suzy...WHY WHY... Yeah, so, enough of the mourning. Now it's all about the game and WINNING! MWAH HA HA! But how do I get rid of MiG? These things must be handled delicately...Queeen! Queeen will put him away....

JD: Doo doo doo, I'm just wild about TimMAY, and TimMAY's wild about meeee...Look at those two, ready to draw blood at the first sign of weakness. Me? I'm as gentle as a lamb. All the better to love me with, INXS. In like a lion, out like a lamb, baby. Note to dunderheads...INXS pretty much knows who they want by now, doncha think? Way to bring your gameface AFTER the two minute warning with the whole field to cover and no time outs left. Retards.

So, that's the dilio in a nutshell, YO. Neither Montgomery Burns, errrrr, Marty, nor Smithers, errrr, MiGgy, think that JD is a threat. Hmmm....I don't think they're right about that. Do YOU? *wink*

Final clinic:COLLABORATION with ANDY. Dave says, "I have this new MP3 thingy that we're pimping hard, though it's not the new iPod nano so who cares, right, and on it is a track from Andy for each of you. Listen to it, jot down some ideas tonight, and you will meet with Dandy Andy tomorrow. It's all about COLLABORATION.

Yeah, at this point Marky Mark reaches into his old bag of tricks and pulls out the JD is unprepared illusion. Sorry, David Copperfield, but I'm on to you now. Marty Smarty Pants is dilligently hard at work and tooting his songwriting horn to us, Shiny Happy MiGgy is wondering around like a lost puppy and spewing crap about preparation, and JD tells us that rock lives in the holes, man, and he wants to bring his creative genius to Andy and let the chemistry explode. Kaboom.

And, well, that's pretty much how it goes down...

Marty whips out a ten minute power point presentation of His Song: Alone to Andy, who ooos and ahhhs at his anal retentiveness and throws him a few suggestions to tweak it. Things go well for Marty. I guess Andy liked his song, though to me it sounded like Pieces, Pieces of Crap. Andy thinks he's a super swell artist with really impressive OCD tendencies, and yet....they depart with a perfunctory handshake.

MiG and all of his prep can't evacuate the butterflys and fluffy bunnies that live in his head. Look, Andy, I've graduated from flying castles to EAGLES! Eagles have scary talons. Look, isn't that dark! Errrrr, no. MiG is not roit, basically is what Andy says. Buh-bye. And keep your damned shirt buttoned, for crying out loud. You're blinding me with that shiny crap. (Okay, he didn't say that, but I was thinking it.)

JD..well, he's a handfull, thinks Andy. JD comes in with a concept...a Love/War kinda vibe...that moved him when he heard the tune. He has a few different lyrical directions scribbled in his notebook. And, of course, next to Marty Smarty Pants and his power point of analness, JD, our renegade bohemian arTISTE, is looking a little underprepared. But then a funny thing happens....he and Andy get to work. They knock out what sounds like a KILLER song. Andy GIGGLES as JD makes a suggestion that Andy himself was thinking before Andy could say it. Have you ever seen Andy giggle before? I swear, it was like watching Shrek and Donkey bond, except, ya know, JD isn't an #####. He just occasionally plays one on reality TV. Andy says JD has tons of passion, but maybe could use more of Marty's discipline so he gets his genius down on paper more efficiently...might be taken negatively, buuuuut...they depart with a hug. "How did we do that?" exclaims Andy. Writer....writer...SPARK, says JD. *I'm grinning here.*

Song selection...pick something from the entire catalogue of the competition that lets INXS know who you are as a rockstar, and why you belong in their band.

JD: Baby I Love Your Way....nobody did that.
MiGgle: I did! *pouts*
JD: Awww, snap! Burn! Jes kidding, man.

Marty decides to scary conduct his way through that Pink Floyd song again, cuz it made him sing without screaming and stuff. MiGgle poo takes the bait and goes for Bo Rap. Bad MiGgle! Where's the rolled up newspaper? Marty Burns rubs his hands in glee, pats him on the head and tells him good choice. *COUGH*

JD chooses a song he's never sung, so he can show he wants to progress forward with INXS, not regress. He goes with the Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want, because it sums up the competition for him, and it's the song he wants played at his funeral. (That, and Sympathy for the Devil.) SO, I guess it sums up JD: The Life, too. That's deep, man. Rock ON.

As we end the show, the rockers pack up and leave Our House: The Mansion while JD strums his gee-tar and sings them out. *swoonage* It's a poignant moment. Until they throw the furniture into the pool. (Cuz that's so rockstar, says MiG. I'm a real Rockstar boy now!) JD suggests the piano, too...har har.

I wish this show could go on FOREVAH. But we can't always get what we want. Let's all hope, then, that INXS and JD get what they need: each other.

Posted by geg6 on 09-23-05 at 11:39 AM
OMH, that's hilarious!

Anal retentive Marty Burns and the MiG/Hobbit are right on the money.

Do you have a link? I'd love to see her take on the finale.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Posted by CattyChat on 09-23-05 at 11:49 AM
Hey, Geg, here is the link. I have it in my special J.D. Fortune & INXS folder -- I love all things J.D.

http://www.fortune448.com/

Posted by geg6 on 09-23-05 at 02:22 PM
Thanks! It's now on My Favorites bar.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

"More J.D. Fan SItes"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-23-05 at 03:45 PM
Hey, Geg, here is another good site for all things J.D. This is where I got my J.D. wallpaper from. Also, you can check out J.D. singing & doing justice to Rebel Yell.

http://www.promoinnovations.com/jdfortune/index.htm

Posted by cheesybread on 09-23-05 at 01:05 PM

ROFLMAO! Almost spit chocolate milk out my nose! I think the Phot o shoot recap is the best. Were there any earlier ones or did she start this late in the show's season?

"Gano on JD"
Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-23-05 at 01:17 PM
Yeah, she's incredible! Mean and yet very funny. I couldn't find earlier ones so I think it started with the photo shoot.

"RE: Gano on JD"
Posted by photokitty on 09-23-05 at 01:29 PM
I especially liked the part where MiG becomes SMiGol. So clever! In light of the Sour Grapes article we saw, maybe his Gollum side is showing now.

"INXS on ELLEN"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-23-05 at 03:41 PM
I'm giddy from just getting my J.D. & INXS fix for the day. I'm jealous of all the hugs Ellen got from J.D.

Anyone else catch that J.D. had his Ellen boxers on ?

The song sounded great. I love the added lyrics "party's over, road is long" rounds out the song & extends it nicely.

"RE: INXS on ELLEN"
Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-23-05 at 03:56 PM
No, I missed the boxers!!! Dang! Since he has Dave questioning himself, I wonder if JD could get Ellen to the other side, too?

I loved the addition to the song, too. Didn't want to spoil that part for you! The way he interatcted with the band, the crowd, everything!

I was sooooooooo glad he went out to the crowd because you couldn't hear them with the mics the way they were - I kinda thought they were sitting there quietly. It was such a relief to see them up on their feet clapping & dancing!

Posted by CattyChat on 09-23-05 at 04:13 PM
It was nice to see the crowd into the performance & there were some serious swooners in the audience. At the last minute, right before Ellen came back on to introduce INXS, I turned on my VCR & taped their performance. So glad I did so I can view at my pleasure!!

I guess I'll be watching Late Late Night with Craig Somebody for the first time tonight to catch their performance again & compare the two.

Posted by photokitty on 09-24-05 at 02:08 AM
Yeah, I saw the ellen underwear, on the second viewing. (Like you, I hit record when ellen announced them.) I liked the new words, too. I was wondering if I had missed them before somehow, but no, they're new.

I missed the sparkly megaphone. Guess it was too pretty.

I'm taping Craig Ferguson...I hope you watch his whole show because he's very funny. Plus, he's Scottish, and quite adorable.

Posted by CattyChat on 09-24-05 at 01:35 PM
I'm so bummed that I fell asleep right after Late Late Show started. I hope they do a repeat of last night's show sometime soon so I can watch or record it. How was INXS last night?

You're right, PK, that Craig Ferguson is funny & love the Scottish accent. I'll have to try to catch some of his shows.

"RE: INXS on Craig Ferguson"
Posted by Loree on 09-24-05 at 03:28 PM
I wonder if JD is starting a new fashion trend. I noticed he had a long sleeved Tshirt on. But he had the one sleeve pulled way up to his bicep and the other sleeve long.

Posted by pumpkinqueen on 09-24-05 at 06:17 PM
i must admit that JD was really cute on Ellen. i didn't like him for a long time, but i'm starting to see his appeal--he's just so sweet--in a sexy way!

i always liked his voice, but something about his performanace style made me nervous--i'm definitely a fan now!

"New Year's Eve"
Posted by Loree on 09-23-05 at 04:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

I just heard that INXS are playing Vegas on New Year's Eve. Anyone going to be in Vegas for New Year's?

Will it be pretty?

"RE: New Year's Eve"
Posted by weltek on 09-26-05 at 09:16 AM
Well I think now I need to be in Vegas on NYE. And of course it will be pretty.....JD will be there.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-26-05 at 11:30 AM
I've been seriously looking up flight & hotel info. Looks like it's gonna be too rich for my blood as much as I'd like to go.

However, I have to save up my money. My NEW FIANCE and I are planning a spring wedding. Yes, I've been bubbling around all weekend. Saturday was our 2nd anniversary and he proposed then. I'm thrilled. He's thrilled. Families are thrilled. And I get to walk around talking about my fiance. I did toss the idea out about going to Vegas for New Year's. It would be fun just to freak everyone out into thinking we'd eloped.

Anyway, I couldn't resist blurting this out! I almost started a new thread but restrained myself that much.

"Engagement"
Posted by trigirl on 09-26-05 at 12:48 PM
Congratulations Lisa!

"RE: Engagement"
Posted by Loree on 09-26-05 at 02:36 PM
Congrats Lisa!

Posted by CattyChat on 09-26-05 at 03:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, LISA!! Very exciting news.

NYE in Vegas is super nutz. If I knew some of you others were heading there I might be tempted to bite the bullet & fly on out for the craziness.

"Congrats!"
Posted by weltek on 09-26-05 at 03:02 PM
I'm so happy for you Lisa!

"RE: Congrats!"
Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-26-05 at 03:37 PM
Thank you all so much! I am now completely, certifiably crazy for INXS: I've been searching the boards & nets for more INXS/JD news and I have yet to look at a single bridal web site, mag, etc. I guess eventually I'll be able to transfer my INXS obsession to a wedding one - but I swear, I'm sitting wishing the damn concert dates would come out because I don't want to set a wedding date to conflict! I'm nuts! Well, at least they should hit both DC and Philly - if I can't go here, I'm taking a road trip to Philly with CattyChat!

Posted by Loree on 09-26-05 at 04:03 PM
OK I can now see you dancing down the aisle to "Pretty Vegas". LOL!

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-26-05 at 08:20 PM
Now if they come to DC the week before - perfect bachorlette party!!! What a way to say goodbye to the single life. How can I put JD on my registry?

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-27-05 at 09:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-05 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

Speaking of Craig Ferguson....Doesn't Markus of Donald Trumps Apprentice look like him?

Posted by triednottowatch on 09-27-05 at 11:50 AM
LATE CONGRATS, LISA! (I've been actually working since the show ended, so I don't read the boards every day)

Posted by CattyChat on 09-27-05 at 12:06 PM
>"(I've been actually working since the show ended, so I don't read the boards every day)"

How dare you ignore the boards for any aspect of life you may have outside of here! .

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-27-05 at 12:39 PM
"How dare you ignore the boards for any aspect of life you may have outside of here!"

Yeah, really. Your priorities are soooooooo out of whack.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

"Photo of JD with his band Juice"
Posted by Loree on 09-28-05 at 09:59 AM

"RE: Photo of JD with his band Juice"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-28-05 at 10:18 AM
Great find, Loree. Love it!!!

"RE: Photo of JD with his band Juice"
Posted by Loree on 09-28-05 at 11:00 AM
I saw that photo early on in the comp and then lost it. I was glad to find it again. It does make me laugh. JD looks so young. But he does have a great body. Cute plaid undies. LOL!

"The Pretty Vegas"
Posted by Loree on 09-30-05 at 07:52 PM
Here is a link to the drink:

http://nslcweb.thenslc.com/portal/page?_pageid=33,2900161&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Oh and Suzie has said in an interview that JD uses wet wipes on his butt so she knows the cake was clean. I really think this was TMI. But Suzie said it.

INXS got JD his place to live in LA. But he has not stayed there yet. I think his mother is staying there. So far JD has been staying with Kirk, Garry and Jon. They are all in protective mode and they have been with JD everywhere. They are determined to protect him from everything and everyone that could do him harm.

"Radio interview with Austin"
Posted by Loree on 10-01-05 at 01:22 PM
This is a radio interview JD and Garry Gary did with an Austin radio station the other day. You have to download it to listen. It's about 7 1/2 minutes long.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KF014LUY

"RE: Radio interview with Austin"
Posted by CattyChat on 10-01-05 at 03:47 PM
Another great interview. I'm so glad that J.D. now has "older brothers" to take care of him. I've said it many times before, this is a beautiful thing.

"The return home for INXS"
Posted by Loree on 10-03-05 at 11:29 AM
According to this article INXS will be returning to Sydney on October 23rd.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/imbruglia-torn-over-aria-cameo/2005/10/02/1128191599315.html

They are also scheduled to be at the Melbourne Cup in early November. That is a huge horse race that becomes a holiday. It is similar to the Kentucky Derby.

"The October 17th appearance"
Posted by Loree on 10-03-05 at 04:10 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051003/lam052.html?.v=23

"Pretty Vegas"
Posted by Loree on 10-11-05 at 08:48 AM
I was not watching this show. But for those that watch the TV show "Las Vegas". I guess they were playing the song "Pretty Vegas" at the end of the show lastnight.

"RE: Pretty Vegas"
Posted by Loree on 10-14-05 at 06:58 PM
At the end of the episode that aired Monday, Oct. 10, sharp-eared fans may have
heard a
song called "Pretty Vegas," penned by J.D. Fortune, who won the job of lead
singer of
Australian band INXS in the CBS reality series "Rock Star: INXS."

Previously, DreamWorks Television, which produces "Las Vegas" with NBC Studios,
partnered
with Mark Burnett Prods., which did "Rock Star," for the boxing reality series
"The Contender"
on NBC (it's moving to ESPN for its second season).

Asked if the newly minted INXS might come to the Montecito for a live
performance of "Pretty
Vegas," Thompson says, "That question is out there. That's something that has
been
discussed."

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|98041|1|,00.html

"A JD sighting...."
Posted by Loree on 10-11-05 at 05:51 PM
This was posted by PlainJane at Idolforums:

..."Last Friday night JD appeared in the bar of a LA restaurant where he's quickly becoming a familiar face. I think he came by himself, but after a little while people started recognizing him and he had plenty of company... of the female kind. After a while, Tim Farris and Garry Beers showed up and joined his little party. There was a female performer singing in the lounge that night and right before her last set, she announced that they would have a special guest. Sure enough, JD took the mic and sang... a song I didn't recognize. But in any case, he TORE. IT. UP. People were coming out of the main dining rooms to see what was going on, people who had no idea who he was were commenting on how amazing he was.

Afterwards he was really nice and took a moment with anyone who approached him. The boy is hot! I had friends who had seen him perform during the tapings of the show and they all said how charismatic a performer he was. I am so so happy that I had the chance to see him perform in such an intimate setting, even if it was for only one song. He is one of the most gracious celebrities I've ever met...."

"RE: A JD sighting...."
Posted by CattyChat on 10-11-05 at 08:40 PM
*Sigh* Wish I was there. I thought he was IT back when he sang CA Dreaming. I'll be getting my tix tomorrow morning for the Philly & A.C. shows, so I can finally see him in the flesh.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

"A few finale party photos"
Posted by Loree on 10-14-05 at 03:57 PM
At this site you can see a few photos from the finale party.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/rockstarinxs/157765.html#cutid1

"Photos from the House of Blues"
Posted by Loree on 10-16-05 at 11:24 AM
Here are some photos from the appearance INXS made at the Lounge for Life charity event lastnight at the House of Blues.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c3%7cINXS%7c-8193%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=3&tag=1

"RE: Photos from the House of Blues"
Posted by Loree on 10-16-05 at 11:35 AM
A few more photos in the top few rows.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b22/MystifiedToo/?sc=1&multi=15

Posted by Loree on 10-16-05 at 02:55 PM
Couldn't resist...

Posted by CattyChat on 10-16-05 at 05:19 PM
You are the BEST, Loree. Keep up the phenomenal postings. Great pix!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by Loree on 10-18-05 at 12:00 PM
Some more HOB photos from the radio's site.

http://www.star987.com/cc-common/globalphotos.html?eventID=32368&eventsection=events&pagecontent=events

Posted by rocker diva on 10-16-05 at 10:27 PM
jd is so sexy! is anyone goin to see INXS play at the grand opening of the hollywood virgin megastore in LA? i will be there screaming my lungs out!

"RE: JD appearance"
Posted by Loree on 10-17-05 at 02:14 PM
This is a photo from back when the final 6 rockers did the City Walk performance. Just thought people might want to know what JD wore when he sang "Rebel Yell". It was a hot day...

"JD at Fibbers Bar"
Posted by Loree on 11-04-05 at 05:19 PM
JD is back home in Nova Scotia. He turned up at his old fave bar Fibbers for Open Mike night. He performed 3 songs and everyone had a good time. He did a little interview with the TV station. But the TV cameras were not allowed to film his performance so they just had still shots of him singing. One thing I noticed is that he has gotten his hair cut again. But he seemed happy and relaxed to be back home with family and friends.

"RE: JD at Fibbers Bar"
Posted by Loree on 11-06-05 at 11:32 AM
Fortune visits his hometown
Salt Springs-raised-singer-turned INXS frontman spotted around Pictou County, performs at Fibbers pub

NEW GLASGOW -- It was Pictou County”s worst-kept secret.

Despite his friends” protestations to the contrary, the newest member of the Australian rock band INXS really was home in Nova Scotia this week.

Banishing all doubts that recent J.D. Fortune sightings were figments of overactive imaginations, the band”s lead singer led an impromptu concert at Wednesday”s open mic night at Fibbers Eatery and Pub in New Glasgow.

Fortune, who started life as Jason Dean Bennison, won the band”s front spot in September on the CBS reality show Rock Star: INXS.

By all accounts, his quiet return to the community where he honed his considerable performance skills was meant to be a rest.

But, despite denials by those who knew him, news of Fortune”s presence started making the rounds soon after his arrival Monday.

He was staying at a local hotel, shopping in a New Glasgow grocery store, and singing at a private party at Fibbers, where he often performed before his CBS win.

Even Fortune”s friend and fellow singer-songwriter Dave Gunning wasn”t sure Fortune would perform Wednesday night, because the appearance wasn”t advertised.

Nevertheless, Fibbers was packed with expectant fans.

“It”s kind of crazy how word got around,” said Gunning. The venue gave him little chance for a ””quality chat” with his friend, and he had no idea what Fortune”s plans are.

“He”s floating around somewhere,” Gunning said Thursday, adding that he tries to keep business and friendship separate and wouldn”t give up his buddy”s whereabouts even if he knew.

Fortune”s visit fulfilled a promise to his local fans, who supported him even before he became famous, Gunning said.

“It was honorable of him to do that,” he said, adding that Fortune”s success will now garner him attention wherever he goes.

“He”s handling it really well,” he said.

Wednesday night”s surprise performance, sharing the stage with the Rabbit Town Blues Band, delighted Fortune”s Pictou County fans.

Fortune performed four songs, ending with his signature Pretty Vegas.

“He rocked the house,” said local radio personality and die-hard Fortune fan Anne MacGregor. “The vibe was wonderful.”

Sources suggested Fortune would be in the area for a few more days, but will likely try to keep a low profile for the rest of his stay.

The Australian band tour schedule for 2006 opens on Jan. 18 in Vancouver at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. The only other Canadian dates, so far, are two sold-out shows in February at Massey Hall in Toronto.

The 32-year-old Salt Springs-raised performer became the full-time replacement for the late Michael Hutchence, after the weekly singing contest on CBS during the summer.

The new version of the band has already made some U.S. television appearances.

The band is completing its Epic Records debut with producer Guy Chambers, who has worked with a range of contemporary artists from Robbie Williams to Charlotte Church.

The album, titled Switch, is due in stores Nov. 29.

Canadians can download the new song Pretty Vegas, co-written by Fortune and performed on the television series, from iTunes Canada. The single is getting heavy airplay worldwide.

"The TV coverage"
Posted by Loree on 11-06-05 at 11:51 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/7160931/JD_on_atv.mpg.html

Posted by Loree on 11-12-05 at 10:17 AM
From the INXSUSA.com web site:

MEET INXS!

INXS WILL CELEBRATE THE RELEASE OF THEIR NEW ALBUM SWITCH WITH AN ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE AND AUTOGRAPH SIGNING AT TOWER RECORDS IN NEW YORK CITY ON NOVEMBER 29TH.

INXS ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE AND AUTOGRAPH SIGNING!
Tuesday, November 29th @ 7 PM
Tower Records Lincoln Center
1961 Broadway (Broadway and 66th Street)
New York City

Starting at 9 AM on Tuesday, November 29th, be one of the first 500 people to purchase INXS' new album, Switch, and you will receive a wristband which grants you admission to this exclusive acoustic performance and autograph signing.

INXS WILL ALSO MAKE A SPECIAL APPEARANCE IN LOS ANGELES ON DECEMBER 1ST – STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS.

Posted by Loree on 11-14-05 at 02:34 PM
JD did a meet and greet in Dayton at noon today. It was a lunch put on by the local radio station and fans won the chance to have lunch with JD. Here is the radio clip from it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7633790/107.7_Interview_with_JD_111505.mp3.html

Posted by Loree on 11-14-05 at 08:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-05 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

JD did a couple "meet & greets" today. He answered some questions and told a few stories. Here are a few:

* when asked about the most embaressing moment during RockStar he said that the bathrooms had no locks on them in the mansion. He said they had to go in there sometimes to relieve stress and take care of themselves. He was doing this once and a male cameraman and female assistant walked in on him.

* he was asked if there was any contestants from the show that he never wanted to see again. He said there were a couple but he didn't want to name names. But then he said they were 2 rawkers who were both eliminated the same week (gee... Daphna and Heather). He said they ordered the crew around and expected to be waited on all the time. They acted like they were already rock stars. They even threw butts and bottles in the pool for someone else to clean up. He said they didn't respect anyone and he has no desire to see them again.

* JD said that Suzie wasn't getting any offers after the show like she expected. So he asked her to sing on the album with him. And they do a duet of the one song.

* he was asked boxers or briefs and he answered "neither"

* the number one remark everyone that saw him said was that he is soooo thin. He has lost more weight since the show has ended.

* he said he doesn't have time for a romantic relationship now. And he knows if he says anything to a female he sounds like he is handing her a line now. So he's all alone...

Posted by Loree on 11-15-05 at 04:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-05 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

Something JD mentioned during a Meet & Greet in Kentucky.

While they were on the air JD talked about how people have called his mom, saying they were connected to INXS and asking for stuff. His mom, not being familiar with the business has gotten played. No specifics. He did talk about how he is finding out that some people he has been friends with have been putting things like gifts that he had given them along with pictures, on Ebay and selling them. (you really get to know who your friends are when you find success.)

ETA: Michael Hutchence's manager Martha Troupe is now managing JD it appears.

Posted by weltek on 11-15-05 at 04:59 PM
Our very own jokojo (Jen) announced on OT that she got to ask the first question to JD on a morning Dayton radio interview. Must've been the same station.

Of course, we all wanted to know if she gave JD our phone numbers.

Thanks for all the notes & updates, Loree. Although I don't reply to them all, I usually listen & look!

"The View"
Posted by Loree on 11-18-05 at 06:05 PM
INXS are booked on The View for Wednesday, November 30th.

"Much More Music"
Posted by trigirl on 11-23-05 at 10:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-05 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

Friday, November 25th at 8:00 pm est

much more music

Aussie sensations INXS will be making a highly anticipated stop at M3 headquarters for a live performance and intimate interview in an exclusive edition of MuchMoreMusic Live on Friday, November 25th @ 8pm ET.

The recently rejuvenated 80s pop icons will sit down with host Traci Melchor and answer audience questions as well as those via phone, e-mail and Speakers Corner

"Hockey Night In Canada"
Posted by northernlights on 11-24-05 at 10:50 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that JD will sing the National Anthem at the Leafs game on Saturday night. I'll have to try and catch that.

"RE: Much More Music in TO"
Posted by goldie1000 on 11-28-05 at 00:26 AM

I watched the guys on MuchMoreMusic
Live on Friday, It was great !!!
The guys were relaxed and answered all questions accordingly.
JD had me bursting out laughing a couple of times.
He really liked the host Traci Melchor..
He kissed her right on the lips, and not a short kiss either.
I think she was more surprised then we were !
JD is a hottie and he is adjusting well.
They performed a couple songs and I enjoyed.

Stardom is suiting him nicely.