URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 238
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Apprentice #3 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 03-24-05 at 07:42 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until those on the West Coast have a chance to see Donald's hair eat its latest victim. Thank you. And by the way, since when do I have to start the spoiler thread every week? Do I look like a Blue Peep to you? More to the point, I don't see 'Reality TV World' on my pay stub, thank you. And yet I'm expected to stagger in here every seven days and get things going for those of you who just can't wait until midnight EDT to start provoking Chris. Hmph. Bunch of ingrates is what you are.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Apprentice #3 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by ssshaw on 03-24-05 at 08:10 PM
Hey, I have to summarize this episode, so I'm not gonna feel sorry for you.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 08:33 PM
Just don't make it too hard for me to follow you next week.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:18 PM
I'm watching Daniel Negreanu imitate Scotty Nguyen, and Trump appeared on the screen about ten minutes before that. Is nothing sacred when I cannot avoid Trump even when I'm watching poker.

As for Chris, he has the temper of Phil Hellmuth without the skill (put into business).

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 08:25 PM
You know... if you want me to start the stinkin' thread each week, all you have to do is ask!

Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 08:28 PM
since when do I have to start the spoiler thread every week? Um, because you're so good at it?

Thank you, Estee. We would flap around here aimlessly without you.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:31 PM
Is it wrong that

A) I almost started laughing in hysterics when I saw Brian (Short Viking hat boy) walking in a suit in the theme song intro.
B) That it took me this long to see it.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:47 PM
1) No, because that was hysterical.

2) No, because you probably blocked the horrid little man from your memory.

"Erin's Wardrobe"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 08:34 PM
Erin has moved from the bathroom to the bedroom tonight. She's sporting a fashionable kelly green bedspread, draped stylishly over her shoulder.

"RE: Erin's Wardrobe"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 08:41 PM
OMG! I bet she really does know about Home Depot 'cause I think she bought that thing there!

"Craig - Project Manager"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 08:36 PM
Craig is reciting some inspirational mumbo-jumbo to his team in preparation for their upcoming project. No one seemed to know what he was talking about! Let's hope he can communicate a little better during the task.

"hard task"
Posted by iatovttotx78 on 03-24-05 at 08:38 PM
is it just me or does this task seem really hard. Maybe its just me because I have no do it yourself skills

Contradictions don't exist. When faced with a contradiction, check you're premises, one of them is wrong!

"RE: hard task"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 08:43 PM
Nah, they could make it as easy as how to hang wallpaper (without killing your spouse). Depends how creative the team gets. I get nervous around hammers and nails.

"Net Worth"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 08:41 PM
Angie volunteers as Project Manager. She says to her Home Depot is the happiest place on earth. (I think Robert Iger has something to say about that). LOL - Erin doesn't know anything about Home Depot - 'as a former beauty queen, I know what a crown is, I don't know what crown molding is'.

The task is to create a do-it-yourself workshop at Home Depot. Angie suggests learning how to put up crown molding. Magna is at Home Depot trying to come up with an idea. Craig wants to teach making a toy box. The rest of the team doesn't like the idea, but Craig makes a management decision.

"Natural transitions."
Posted by Estee on 03-24-05 at 08:42 PM
So we've gone from ideas being in the box to ideas actually being the box...

"RE: Net Worth"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 08:43 PM
I guarantee that Erin is going to sit back and do nothing... I predict she gets fired... let's see if I'm right.

Posted by seahorse on 03-24-05 at 08:45 PM
You may be right. She thinks Home Depot is like being in a foreign country.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:47 PM
She just broke a power saw. Woohoo.

Angie's babysitting here.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:42 PM
Craig makes a decision...their BIY idea is a...box. A freaking box. I can do that for a few hours, or I can go to my supermarket, grab a box that had watermelons in it (or whatever, and tada. A box.

Who knows what will happen with NW only have three competent members this week (Angie, Stephanie (bad choice Fisher in thinking she's booted, who knows), and Chris), but it seems an executive decision is bad when you have no one along with it. Alex is angered, Tana wants something more creative, and he throws the gauntlet down. You shouldn't pull an Elizabeth and let people push you around, but a freaking box?

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 08:51 PM
Thinking outside the box...

no, thinking inside the box...

no, THINKING IS THE BOX!

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:54 PM
Damn straight.

Now you have to embellish the box.

What's inside an empty box? (A real fortune cookie message).

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:04 PM
Actually, they embellished those boxes pretty well! The kids handprints were a nice touch and the chalkboard one too.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:50 PM
My local station is bad.

Showing Craig holding two pieces of wood.
7 News commercial
Quick shot of Craig
Short clip of commerical
Back to Craig
Now on commercial.

"Trump Lesson of the Week - Sell Your Ideas"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 08:50 PM
You can't be successful if you can't sell your idea. (duh)

Erin is being very negative, she just can't wrap her head around what Home Depot is all about.

Net Worth is trying to come up with a clinic idea. They end up with 'How To Build A Mobile Kitchen Island" and decide to try to do it themselves once to see how it's done. Stephanie and Chris are working, Erin is just standing around, Angie is kvetching. Oy!

Magna is working on their clinic, calling it 'The Spacesaver Trunk'. Craig is running around HD collecting materials to make a demo, Kendra and Tana are going to the ladies room, Alex and Bren are outside (having a smoke?).

Both teams are having severe problems this week. They are all sniping at each other and not working together on their tasks. What's up?

"RE: Trump Lesson of the Week - Sell Your Ideas"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 08:52 PM
kath, you ROCK! I'm so glad you are here to do this!

Angie is babysitting. Craig is working on his own. This is a horrible task! Will both teams lose again?

"RE: Trump Lesson of the Week - Sell Your Ideas"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 09:33 PM
Just try to find a way to work the bedspread into the summary. That would be great. (I've become such a DAW.)

Posted by seahorse on 03-24-05 at 08:54 PM
Magna should have a big advantage in this task.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:56 PM
Erin's in charge of promotion, telling the guys it is sexy for them to do this and telling the women it is empowering. She used to be afraid of power tools like Shavonda was afraid of handicapped peoples!

And Chris is yelling, amazingly bd everything.

Posted by seahorse on 03-24-05 at 08:56 PM
A comedy of errors.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 08:58 PM
Chris was swearing, putting on stuff upside down, he could be gone this episode, the HD people looked a bit appalled, Carolyn was doing the "you're screwed" smile/laugh of pity and death.

Tana's doing great, Craig might turn out to be the big winner here. If so, Chris or Angie or Erin (or even Stephanie) all have merit to be gone for losing to a BOX!

"The Do It Yourself Clinics"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 08:59 PM
Craig is talking with Alex and Bren to try to encourage them to do better. Kendra says 'ok, then we'll build the best damn box there is'. Leave it to Tana to pull out kids mats for appearance.

Net Worth - Erin is working the crowd, telling men she thinks it's sexy if they can use tools. Angie and Stephanie leading the clinic. They are getting customers involved in the clinic. HD representatives are making nice comments. Chris is putting shelves together - upside down! Things are falling apart for Stephanie. A customer comments he likes the product but it seems too complicated.

Magna - Tana, jeez she's good with the public. They have one trunk covered with blackboard paint so the kids can mark on it. She's working with kids to make handprints on the trunks. Alex and Bren are working with the men on how to put the boxes together. Carolyn comments she thinks Tana is the standout here. Kendra admits the clinic is going well and that they didn't give their leader the respect he was due. I gotta say - the kids at HD are having a great time. The kids are dragging their parents over.

"RE: The Do It Yourself Clinics"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:03 PM
Craig did great! He brought the team bcak around and got them to work as a team!

The kids were absolutely adorable and the parents had fun too!

Craig's teamates even said how well he did with his simple idea.

I really liked the chalkboard box!

Net Worth sucked! Erin is so gone!

"Iowa girl = good with the public"
Posted by iatovttotx78 on 03-24-05 at 09:07 PM
all of us Iowa gals are good with the public

Contradictions don't exist. When faced with a contradiction, check you're premises, one of them is wrong!

Posted by seahorse on 03-24-05 at 08:59 PM
The problem I see is they are marketing to kids at Home Depot which should be an adult type store.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:16 PM
No, at my Home Depot, they have kids clinics on the weekends where they can build things and they get little orange aprons.

Plus, parents bring their kids to the store with them.

"Who Won?"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 09:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-05 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

Trump meets them at Home Depot.

Net Worth - they did not create a clinic where customers can do it themselves. Magna gets high marks for getting the customers involved. HD representative said she'd never seen such a good clinic. Magna wins. Their reward is to experience zero gravity. (Kewl! Double Kewl!)

Edited to add: immediately following this segment is a Home Depot commercial featuring the box Magna created for the do-it-yourself clinic. Oh, help me.

"Best. Reward. Ever."
Posted by Estee on 03-24-05 at 09:02 PM
I'm so jealous...

"RE: Best. Reward. Ever."
Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 09:07 PM
I wish I could do that, but then I'd have a heartattack of something.

I'm jealous at this point.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:16 PM
I think so too! That looked like awesome fun!

Posted by smokedog on 03-25-05 at 01:27 AM
I'm surprised that no one threw up on the 'Vomit Comet'

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 09:05 PM
Considering the massive leg up NW had on their idea (I think that their idea appealed to the adult customer better and it was cost-efficent it seemed), they blew that amazingly.

I think Chris should be fired. He was useless on the task, he cursed during the presentation, he made it very difficult (by doing easy things wrong, it gives the impression of difficulty) in impression, and I think his character flaws (yelling loudly, tobacco chewing, relative immaturity IMO, etc.) put him over the top. My second choice can be any of the three, all were equally incompetent (although Steph wasn't that bad). And this coming from (a person who is likely) the biggest Chris sympthizer on the forum

With that said, I think he's somewhat safe if he survived last week.

My question, HOW DO YOU LOSE TO AN EFFING BOX!!!

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 09:09 PM
Angie's telling Erin she's bringing her into the boardroom (I bet Chris as well, she'd be dumb not to, both screwed up).

Alex thinks Stephanie or Erin is gone, who knows why.

I have an itching feeling Chris nor Angie is going home (no basis behind it), so could it be Erin?

"The Suite -- The Reward - And The Boardroom"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 09:14 PM
Angie and Stephanie are discussing how they did and who should go to the board room. Angie seems to think Trump won't fire Erin because they have established some kind of 'connection'.

Meanwhile, Magna walks out on the tarmac like something out of 'Top Gun', drak glasses and all. This is going to be so cool. I feel the need, the need for speed. OMG, this is funny. The pilot takes the plane to 2g's then backs off and, magically, they are all floating around the inside of the plane. Doing somersaults, flips, propelling themselves the length of the plane. This is the best reward yet.

Angie tells Erin she is taking her to the boardroom because she didn't contribute anything to the task. Erin is trying to defend herself, thinks Angie blew it because the presentation was boring. (Erin said more, but that kelly green bedspread is distracting.)

Network arrives at the boardroom. Why is this the first time I noticed Erin carries a bright pink suitcase? Is 'Hello Kitty' on the side of it?

Angie says NW lost because they were a man down, and a teammate decided not to participate. Trump asks why Erin was so bad. Erin says she didn't know anything about Home Depot. Trump asks if she's like Paris Hilton, Angie said Paris Hilton would have been better. Did Erin just wink at Trump? OMG. George asks a question of Erin and Chris has his weekly urealistic blow up by yelling about how bad Erin was.

Trump tells Angie the idea was bad. Trump asks Stephanie what she would have done, and Erin starts talking about Chris cursing and chewing tobacco all day long. Trump goes off on the chewing tobacco tangent.

Angie sends Stephanie to the suite, Erin and Chris are coming back to the boardroom.

"RE: The Suite -- The Reward - And The Boardroom"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:17 PM
Keep it up woman, you're doing a great job!

Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 09:18 PM
If I have to see Erin in that bedspead one more time, I'm going to hurl.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:24 PM
She's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! I called it and I voted for her in the voting thread too!

Posted by Fishercat on 03-24-05 at 09:19 PM
For the first time in a while, Erin is looking uncomfortable in the boardroom. She has had a bevy of uncomfortable/shocked looks in a place where a poker face is often a good thing when others are talking), she is deviating from tasks to talk about Chris' personal habits (which are pretty bad, swallowing gum is one thing, but chewing tobacco), I think she's in trouble. It seems that Trump usually likes to fire the non-committal types before he fires the types that make moderate level mistakes (big mistakes are fireable). He fired Audrey for delegating too much, he fired the Master Debater in Season 2 for being too passive in debate, not outyelling Sandy/Jennifer.

Interesting so far, I rank the boots as Chris, Erin, Angie at this point.

I am a bit peeved by Trump's bashing of tobacco unless (I don't know if he has) he has used it and quit, since he claims chewing tobacco has an awful taste, I wonder how he'd know that. Addictions (which I presume it is, no normal person would ditch it with a big job on the line) are not exactly easy to overome.

Of course, this coming from the guy who has Squid Man who somehow kept his position while wanting to fire Jennifer with no reason...on national tv.

George and Carolyn like Angie.

"Boardroom Discussion"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 09:24 PM
Carolyn says Angie carried the team and did a good job as leader. George said she was the only person making decisions, even though they were bad, but was a good leader.

Trump thinks Angie did a bad job, but George and Carolyn think she did a good job and he won't fire her unless she says something stupid. Erin makes a concise closing statement why she has worked hard on the tasks given to her. Chris is given 1 minute to defend himself and gets defensive. Erin and Chris are going it at each other. Trump can't see someone working for him who chews tobacco, Chris offers to quit right now and Trump thinks he's addicted. Erin thinks Chris unprofessional because he curses in meetings. Angie is just sitting back in the chair (literally) letting Chris and Erin beat each other up. Chris denies anger problems.

Trump asks Angie why she didn't let Erin make the presentation since she's good at making presentations. Angie tries to explain but Trump keeps interrupting her and won't let her explain. Trump says George and Carolyn like her and he has to listen to them. Erin says 'do you have to?' Trump says no, he doesn't. Carolyn says 'that was a stupid comment'. Trump calls Erin a wise guy.

Erin, you're fired.

"RE: Boardroom Discussion"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:29 PM
I'm sooooo happy! I've hated her from the beginning!

Yay! No more bathmat/shower curtain/bedspread attire!

... and no more whining negative confessionals!

I'm freeeeeeee!!

"RE: Boardroom Discussion"
Posted by Incognito9 on 03-24-05 at 09:29 PM
ERIN FIRED!!!

NO!!!!!

You stupid stupid Erin!!

Shoulda kept your mouth shut

Posted by CantStandToLook on 03-24-05 at 09:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-05 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

lol....I was finally home in time to see at least part of an episode and looks like I got home just in time.

What a way to snatch defeat out the jaws of victory. I'll have to review the tape to see where she checked out of the task but Erin with her little wisecracking , smirking , winking self. That was poetic justice.

ETA: All of these people suck, I can't believe any of them will be the next apprentice.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-24-05 at 09:30 PM
I think they rerun it on CNBC on Friday night (8 pm), you can catch all the action there!

"Last Words - and Next Week on The Apprentice"
Posted by kathliam on 03-24-05 at 09:28 PM
A candidate on the edge - a loose cannon (Chris) and a demanding challenge (making pizza) make for an explosive situation. The pretty much only show Chris during all of this.

Her inability to use a power saw cut her off at the knees. Getting fired was like a nail gun to the heart. (Those are direct quotes, folks.) Her goal is to be the next 'Tool Time' girl and learn how to use power tools.

"RE: Last Words - and Next Week on The Apprentice"
Posted by smokedog on 03-25-05 at 01:26 AM
Next week, Alex and Chris get into each other's face (mostly Chris doing the talking )

This probably means that Alex gets drafted by Net Worth or Magna gives him up.