URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 238
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Audition 1 D.C. - Golden Ticket winners"

Posted by Angelfood on 01-20-05 at 02:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-05 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

To discuss the contestants or get to know them better. I've listed the "winners" that were shown and showcased.

Why do I do this?: Sadly, I take notes about the auditions every season in an attempt to remember who is who, what happened, who was shown, and how far they go. (If we hadn't of just moved, I would have my notes from last season.) And whenever people mention names or nicknames, I'm wondering "who was that again?". So, I might as well share my lists & notes with you, and invite anyone to share what they know or find out (info, pics, etc.), correct my mistakes, and help me think of nicknames. Please join in.

I find it interesting to see who they concentrate on, and who they don't show. Last season, I remember Fantasia & Diana's auditions, but LaToya was strangely invisible until the finals.

Audition 1, Washington, DC - aka the Constantine Showcase
Winners: 42
Everyone Sang: Star-Spangled Banner
Showcased: 9 winners, 12+ losers

Episode: Out of 20,000 auditioners, only 42 were sent thru to the next round. Out of the 42 winners, only 9 were showcased (we saw their full audition), 1 was highlighted (saw a few seconds), and I counted 17 others as being granted flash pictures of their post-audition-victory-hugs. How generous of Fox! ;) Also, several were given background stories, and Constantine was given 2 segments of the whole Band Breakup Drama, that could have been a better use of time if they showed 3 seconds each of the other winners, imho. Mark McGrath was the guest judge, and he was a hottie, and quite entertaining.

The ones we got to see, who were sent through, are:
1. Shawn Mchail - 27 from MA & TX, works as a Youth Pastor and has a baby on the way. Sang "Isn't she lovely" (by Stevie Wonder). Judges thought he was - ok.
*AI4's Josh Gracin nominee*

2. Anwar Robinson, - 25 from Newark, NJ, teaches music to kids. Mark said that he looked like Milli AND Vanilli, but I think Lenny Kravitz is more like it. Had a beige crocheted hat. Judges thought he was - terrific.
*AI4 Hottie nominee*

3. Regina Brooks - 28 from OH, poor mother. Judges thought she was smoky and ok'd her after speaking with her husband, to make sure it was ok with him.
*AI4 Sentimental nominee*

4. Marlea Stroman - 21 from Syracuse, NY. Stay home mom, just broke up with fiancee. Country gospel sound, Judges thought she was pretty girl and pretty voice. Wore pink.
*AI4 Pretty Girl quota*

5. Sarah Mather - 22 from NC. Parents are British. Work pink, but Simon suggested she should dress down, not up.
*AI4 Pretty Girl quota*

6. Constantine Maroulis - 28 from NY. He has a rock band in NYC, and thinks that he is the next Eddie Vedder. Sang "Cryin" by Aerosmith. Judges thought he was was ok, but all over the place, but rockin. Paula said that he is what this competition needs. Ryan is obsessed with him, and even went to NYC, to film the band's emotional response at the news of his leaving.
*AI4 Pretty Boy quota*

7. Travis Tucker - 21 VA. Dawg came in doing a breakdancing routine, complete with Windmills. But then he proved that he could actually sing. I think he is the first one to do this, after an elaborate "performance". Oh, and he is cute!
*AI4 Hottie & Whole Package nominee*

8. Ian Holmes - 28 PA. The male Mariah carey - did high falsetto runs. Had a cute red hat. Judges thought he was iffy, but he made it through.
*AI4 Who was that again? nominee*

9. John Zisa - 25 NJ. Father and grandfather were mayor's of Hackensack (father still is), so he thinks he is Da Bomb. I've lived in Hackensack, so I can tell ya, "whopee!". But he's cute in the Italian-Gotti-pretty-boy way. Sang a nice slow James Ingram song. Judges thought he was good, but Randy said below average.
*AI4 Pretty Boy quota*

Simon's best quotes:
"I never thought I'd say this, but you dress better than you sing."
"I think you spanked very well, I think you sing terribly."

AF's Geographical familiarity count: 3
near D.C., NJ, and near Manassas, VA (where Mary Roach is from)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Audition 1 D.C. - Golden Ticket winners"
Posted by seahorse on 01-21-05 at 11:35 AM
Wow, the odds are 500 to one against an auditioner making it to hollywood.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"Marlea Stroman"
Posted by bighair on 01-21-05 at 06:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-05 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

Spoiler - Stop if you don't want to know...

Quit.
Per an article in my local paper on 1/19, her son had a cold, and she was homesick, so she left after the second day of round two in Hollywood.

"good reporting"
Posted by Angelfood on 01-21-05 at 07:12 PM
Bighair
Thanks so much for the info!!!

You might want to put "Spoiler" in the title or first line, as this msgbd is very sensitive to that. But I'm really glad to know that kind of stuff. Hope to see ya more around here.

"RE: Marlea Stroman"
Posted by seahorse on 01-22-05 at 04:22 PM
She probably realized how outclassed she was and dropped out rather than being drpped.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"RE: Marlea Stroman"
Posted by Livestrong4ever on 01-24-05 at 01:55 PM
Oh well, no big loss...

Posted by angelworth29 on 01-22-05 at 11:29 AM

I almost took notes myself! Glad I didn't, because yours are great! I cannot stand Constantine and do not think he is attractive at all. Maybe I'm just getting old. I think the teenage girls will like him, although I hope I'm wrong. I think out of the people you listed, Travis has a really good shot at the title!!!!

Posted by Livestrong4ever on 01-24-05 at 01:54 PM
These notes are great! Thanks.

Posted by beaker on 01-24-05 at 10:15 PM
Good work angelfood.

Posted by batts on 01-24-05 at 11:13 PM
Wow angelfood.... you went to a lot of trouble all for us It really helps when we see those pics and remember how they sang..... so........ (from my heart) 'thank you'

"Aw thanks, peeps"
Posted by Angelfood on 01-25-05 at 09:41 AM
Guess I'll be working on my notes again tonight & wed. It helps alot now that I have Tivo! Its probably not as much trouble as the Summary Writers job - they are amazingly detailed and thorough. But I enjoy doing shorter things, and heck, we don't have much to analyze yet, so we might as well have fun with what they've given us so far!