URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2371
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Badly-scripted soap opera."

Posted by Estee on 05-04-09 at 05:59 AM
Raise your hand if you believe both of this season's Final Two are there on merit, business sense, and accomplishments within the series.

...right. Now raise your hand if you think they're both there because Donald wants lots of screaming, rancid insults, desperate attempts to claw out eyes, and at least seventeen references to white trash, former German leadership, excesses of facial surgery, and long-overdue umbilical cord severing.

I know it's not as if he had much credibility left before this, but you'd think he would have had a place in his heart for that last tiny shred.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"ooh, ooh pick me"
Posted by suzzee on 05-04-09 at 07:19 AM
um, I pick rancid insults!

I watched the first season and was hooked. Unfortunately it went down faster then the Titanic. Please let it stay at the bottom I don't want to watch anymore.

Suzzopolis by Tribe

"RE: Badly-scripted soap opera."
Posted by Snidget on 05-04-09 at 07:29 AM
*looks at original cast list*

I think it was set up to be Annie and whoever got all dramatic about her very existence.

Posted by kingfish on 05-04-09 at 07:29 AM
Raise you hand if you think Piers is still a twit.

Obviously Brandy belonged in F2. And that's not my hand raising to vote, either.

Posted by jbug on 05-04-09 at 08:54 AM
Wish Donald would surprise us with having Jessee & Brandi doing a runner-up challenge; and then the winner of both face off for the final.

It had to be Annie in the end. From the beginning she has been all about business. All the others let personal feelings get in the way.

This finale is what the last one would have been had Omogal not been fired.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by mindy23 on 05-04-09 at 11:33 AM

>It had to be Annie in
>the end. From the
>beginning she has been all
>about business. All the
>others let personal feelings get
>in the way.

I have to agree. Annie is not especially likeable, but neither is Piers, and he did one heck of a job raising funds! In the end, that's what it's all about. Why Jesse did what he did (or didn't, in this case) is a huge mystery to me. Whether he could have or would have come through is anyone's guess.

Joan didn't raise any great amount either. BUT, she is a first class drama queen with the talent to put on one heck of a show. So, who else could Annie go up against and turn the Celebrity Show Down Finale into less of a wreck?

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-05-09 at 09:51 AM
Makes me wonder if Joan, Melissa and Jesse kept their money friends until the end.....

Annie may have already played all her money friends. Depending on when this was actually taped, as time went on, the money friends may be more apprehensive about giving.

And I also want to know Brandy's real impression of Annie when she sees the show and keeps hearing over and over again "I did this, I did that....".

Posted by vince3 on 05-04-09 at 09:14 AM
This is all you need to know about The Hair's credibility: Celebrity Apprentice 3

Posted by Estee on 05-04-09 at 09:43 AM
Starring Brooke Hogan?

Posted by vince3 on 05-04-09 at 09:53 AM
Linda, she needs a safe house, ya know......

Posted by Cyndimaus on 05-04-09 at 09:52 AM
I held onto a small hope to the very end that perhaps Trump would be intrigued with what Jesse might potentially do in the final task (since he implied he'd been holding back donors, etc.) But he went with drama instead. Darn!

I was so glad he didn't actually keep Brandi in the final two. Then it would have been even more obvious why she made it so far in the game. (and though she perhaps may have slightly given Annie a run it would most likely have been very lopsided)

Sigs by Cyg

"Cluck"
Posted by foonermints on 05-04-09 at 11:57 AM
Cluck Cluck Cluck Cluck, *splash*

That is all.

"RE: Cluck"
Posted by jbug on 05-04-09 at 12:06 PM

Posted by mtopaz on 05-04-09 at 01:01 PM
*snort!*

Well, now that Jesse is gone, so is my one last reason to bother watching. Annie is great at fund raising, but she so full of herself that she doesn't need an audience. She will applaud long and loud at her own greatness.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Posted by citywitch on 05-04-09 at 04:33 PM
She will applaud long and loud at her own greatness.

and be moved to cry without tears at her own creative accomplishments!

Posted by mtopaz on 05-04-09 at 06:55 PM
Oh yes, the amazing jingle. "I wrote a song today!" I am duly impressed by your greatness Annie!

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Posted by Loree on 05-04-09 at 02:39 PM
The minute Joan got off the elevator it was obvious to everyone watching what would happen. It would be Annie vs Joan in the finale. No suspense or surprise.

Annie always seemed to want to win more than anyone because I think she probably was the least famous of anyone on the show. The others were there for more face time and their charity. Annie was there to win. It's what she does. She plays games to win.

I hope that Joan has been holding back on her celebrity friends with big bucks. I want someone to give Annie a run for the win. And maybe Annie's friends have given all they wanted. Otherwise it could be a blowout.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-05-09 at 10:07 AM
As much as I have been disappointed by Joan's antics, I really want her to cream Annie.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Puffy on 05-09-09 at 01:30 AM
I hope the final task doesn't involve fundraising. I hope it involves good, hard work.

Compliments of the Agmeister

Posted by Belle Book on 05-04-09 at 04:22 PM
Annie's there on merit, business sense and accomplishments within the series. Joan ... obviously there because Trump knows she'll try to kill Annie.

Belle Book

Posted by qwertypie on 05-04-09 at 08:57 PM
That will be a reality tv first, no?

"Jesse could have been chosen"
Posted by Ricky on 05-07-09 at 08:38 PM
I like how Trump asked Jesse if he would bring his wife Sandra Bullock to the finale. All he had to say was yes and he might have been chosen.

I wonder why Jesse didn't have Sandra invloved in any of the fundraisers ? Maybe she thinks being invloved with the show is beneath her ?

Everybody needs to cry or needs to spit. Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot. - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - U2

"RE: Jesse could have been chosen"
Posted by mtopaz on 05-08-09 at 02:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-09 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

I actually had the impression that Jesse would not ask her, because he wanted to be there on his own merit, and not on how much money his famous wife and the people she knows in Hollywood could bring in. I think it was a matter of pride on his part. At one point, he said, "When times have been toughest, these (holds up his two hands) are what got me through it. I just put my head down and worked my keister off." (or words to that effect) I'm pretty sure that's how he treated his time on Apprentice.