URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2369
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"

Posted by geekboy on 05-23-07 at 09:18 AM
Blake definately had a shot to beat Jordin, but he won't. For the reason why, just turn to our friend Simon.

Round 1 - Simon gave it to Blake, and he was right. Blake let it all loose on a reprise of "Bad Name". Full-tilt beat boxing, singing, dancing....he beat Jordin doing a Christina song even.

Round 2 - HE had to KNOW she would bring back "Broken Wing". He also had to know that in the end he's be singing a dreck song as would Jordin. This was his last shot. He could pick any dang song he wanted to. He could show the world Blake Lewis for the LAST TIME and hopefully win them over. He must have some beatboxing moves he's kept hidden, and he could let those loose....and he chooses....a freaking ballad by Maroon 5.

2nd place, here we come.

Now, trust me, its far from teh end of the world for Blake...but that make Jordin "OUR AMERICAN IDOL". Blech.

Why, Blake?

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
Posted by CTgirl on 05-23-07 at 10:16 AM
I agree with you geekboy. I was so disappointed last night after the show was over. It was a real let-down. I enjoyed “She Will Be Loved,” but it wasn’t a show-stopper and that’s what he needed knowing he had to sing the coronation song last. Blake gave her the title. I’m not a Jordin fan, but I was hoping she’d at least win it! She was shrieky and her overemoting reminded me of Saturday Night Live when Chris Kattan and co. would spoof singers like Enrique Inglesias. She’s not what I think of when I think of an American Idol.

Although the way that Randy and Simon kept stressing that it was a singing contest makes me think that they were worried that Blake could pull off a win.

Lucky for me, DS has an awards ceremony at school tonight so I won’t have to watch the beginning and then I will tune into the Lost finale and forget all about this season until Blake comes out with an album. (Although the part of me that loves a trainwreck will still fast forward through the results show to see the worthy bits that will be highlighted by Snidget and crew in the spoiler thread.)

Posted by zazzy on 05-23-07 at 03:00 PM
Geekboy, ITA. I just wrote on the should go will go thread that Blake should have repeated a song like "Somewhere only we know" (which most people have forgotten that he performed it at this point) as his slow song and then given us a new, upbeat song with beat boxing that would thrill us the way YGLABN did. The way he chose to do it did not give us any fresh buzz, even though I liked the Maroon 5 song.

As for the sucktastic coronation song, I think he was cornered into it because of the songwriting contest. I read on another board how Taylor said he would just walk out when he was presented with his first coronation song last year. He got them to let him sing the one they had intended for Elliot instead (DIMYP).

BTW, I have meant to tell you that last year you were right about Taylor when he was singing "You are so beautiful". You knew then that he was feeling every part of it. I have now been to two Taylor concerts and see how he pours all of himself into every song he performs. Looking forward to seeing him be smoking hot tonight!

Posted by geekboy on 05-23-07 at 03:25 PM
Hi Zazzy -

Thanks for the compliment re: Taylor. Someday I'll see him in concert....maybe...we'll see.

Anyway, I can't agree with you re: "Somewhere Only We Know". To me, that has hte same problem as the Maroon 5 song last night. "Bad Name" was the absolute correct song to repeat. My point is that - yes - Blake can sing a song like the Maroon 5 song, and the Keane song...but in the situation he was in for an Idol finale, i think the SMART route would have been a 2nd uptempo song with even more beatboxing in it, and dancing, and everything.

In essence, he handed the crown to Jordin, and who knows - perhaps he wanted it that way. He has been quoted as saying he wanted to make final 4. We all know Bo didn't want to win.

geekboy

Posted by joannie on 05-24-07 at 11:25 AM
>
>In essence, he handed the crown
>to Jordin, and who knows
>- perhaps he wanted it
>that way. He has
>been quoted as saying he
>wanted to make final 4.
> We all know Bo
>didn't want to win.

Blake has been quoted as saying that he thought Jordin would win. I think a smart Blake didn't WANT to win. He didn't want to be controlled by the rigid Idol contract.

Posted by memzoo48 on 05-24-07 at 11:51 AM

>
>Anyway, I can't agree with you
>re: "Somewhere Only We Know".
> To me, that has
>hte same problem as the
>Maroon 5 song last night.
> "Bad Name" was the
>absolute correct song to repeat.

I wish he had chosen to sing Time of the Season. (Not sure that's the title, but you know which song I mean?) His arrangement of that song was awesome, my favorite performance of the season.

Posted by nailbone on 05-23-07 at 03:28 PM
OTOH, will his suckage, and Simon's "mopped the floor with Blake" comment, spur his fans to vote even harder for him?

New sig courtesy of agman!

Posted by geekboy on 05-23-07 at 04:46 PM
No. I hereby declare at 3:59 pm CST on 5/23/2007, Jordin will win.

geekboy

(...not that anyone cares...)

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-23-07 at 08:25 PM
FTR, I declared it over a week ago.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Posted by emydi on 05-24-07 at 11:32 AM
the producers called it over 8 mos ago...

Posted by agman on 05-24-07 at 00:34 AM
Geez, I actually thought Blake would easily win. Obviously I don't know squat!

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 05-24-07 at 03:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-07 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-24-07 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

I was disgusted that Melinda, consistently the best singer all season, was voted off last week. But, because Jordin proved, with "Broken Wing" on Country Night, that she was, despite all the shriekiness since then, at least capable of singing well, I voted for her. Against Blake, actually. I just couldn't stand all that beat boxing he kept doing. It sounded too much like rap, another genre I can't stand.

Posted by true on 05-24-07 at 03:53 PM
and
>he chooses....a freaking ballad by
>Maroon 5.

>
>Why, Blake?
>

Ummm, maybe he chose the Maroon 5 song because the last time he sang a Maroon 5 song, the judges told him "those are the type of songs he should be singing." For the judges to turn around and criticize that song choice is a joke.

Honestly, I just don't get all the Blake love. Beat boxing has been around for a while, and I'm willing to be that there are few people here who own a ton of beat box music, or even listen to it on a regular basis. Rap, sure, but beat box? Idontthinkso.

I'm not a big Jordin fan either, but I think it was clear the she blew Blake away on the final performance night. Blake had some original performances, but then again, so did Sanjaya. His actual singing was spotty at best, while Jordin was consistantly getting better reviews from the judges.

I do agree that overall this season was boring. While I think there was plenty of talent, the personalities just weren't there.