URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2366
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hitler!"

Posted by Estee on 04-20-09 at 06:25 AM
Unfortunately, Joan can't automatically lose the thread, and Donald's not going to let her lose the show until he gets every last bit of drama out of her (which could realistically take years), but she definitely lost something last night. 'All sense of perspective', for starters. Oh, and look: here's a shredded sense of proportion. Yuck -- I think I just stepped in dignity! And there's this mind lying around, totally discarded...

Piers just reminded us that Donald is searching for the biggest jerk personality flaw. We're currently at a four-way tie.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hitler!"
Posted by Snidget on 04-20-09 at 07:03 AM
Who knew Piers would end up being the only reasonably sane person in the room?

Posted by Estee on 04-20-09 at 07:31 AM
Exactly what are you using for a definition of 'reasonable'?

I honestly thought Piers was setting up the two-way damned with Jesse: if he didn't exploit his wife's connections, he didn't care enough to win, and if he did, he wasn't strong enough on his own to win. Piers hates anyone who's a better man than he is, which happens to be 99.9% of the male population.

He hasn't changed at all. Not changing just works so well for him. The rest of the world pays the price, but Piers? He's fine until the first punch lands.

Posted by Snidget on 04-20-09 at 07:46 AM
Reasonable in the sense that at least he realizes he's a jerk.

The rest of the group seem to be in the delusion that the only dysfunctional, over bearing, irrational, evil, lazy, incompetant person is everyone else that got cast.

I've found I can work with the jerks that know they are jerks and don't care if everyone knows they are a jerk. It is the ones that get all wrapped up in their righteousness about being the only good person in the room while being a total jerk that I have a problem with.

Donald makes sure to get rid of the somewhat normal people first. He's all about the drama. I wonder if he's like that in business when the cameras aren't on him. Although given his bankruptcy issues I could see him keeping people around for entertainment value rather than overall ability to actually get work done.

Posted by Estee on 04-20-09 at 07:53 AM
Donald makes sure to get rid of the somewhat normal people first.

Brande and Jesse out next, then -- any order. That'll provide an All-Drama Final Four. And a Who Cares Viewing Twelve.

And yeah, I've thought Donald was retaining based entirely on drama quotient the whole season. (In particular, Clint as a normal candidate would have been fired by the third episode.) If Dennis could have just stayed sober for one day in six, he could have won this thing...

Posted by dragonflies on 04-20-09 at 07:35 AM
Ugh, that was so offensive. I wonder why I continue to watch this show.

On the other hand, I was amazed at Melissa actually trying to somewhat step out from under Mama's wing.

thanks Slicey!

Posted by jbug on 04-20-09 at 08:55 AM
Trump must really like country music
I thought Clint was gonna be fired both times last night.

Every day is Spring with Agman

Posted by Loree on 04-20-09 at 10:12 AM
The first boardroom lastnight I looked at the 4 members sitting there. Natalie seemed the least famous and brought the least drama. So she was fired first. When the remaining 3 were back in the line of fire it was obvious Donald was not going to get rid of Joan or Clint yet. They bring drama. So Herschel was fired. Does it ever have anything to do with the challenge and how they actually work?

Posted by Cyndimaus on 04-20-09 at 08:55 AM
Yes, the comment was uncalled for, but I do get Joan's point. She wasn't calling Annie Hitler (directly) but was trying to make the point to Trump that some people said Hitler was nice after he had said that Annie was nice. (the whole "what face you show isn't always who you are" kind of thing)

Sigs by Cyg

"Finale Set up"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-20-09 at 08:58 AM
Joan, Melissa and Annie.

"RE: Finale Set up"
Posted by maroonclowns mom on 04-20-09 at 09:28 AM

I nominate Annie Duke for Hell`s Kitchen.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-20-09 at 09:36 AM
Afterall, she has such superb culinary skills and don't forget she cooks for 4 kids and is great at "$%^&*(() jobs.

"Hmmm.."
Posted by foonermints on 04-20-09 at 05:02 PM

Wheee!
Posted by mindy23 on 04-20-09 at 10:18 AM
>
> I nominate Annie Duke for
>Hell`s Kitchen.
I can just see her with Gordon Ramsey-both with very sharp knives in their hands. Oh yeah, now THAT would be good!! hehehehehe........

Posted by moonbaby on 04-20-09 at 09:17 AM
That was crazy. I don't usually watch this and when I surfed on over I was amazed to see that Clint and Joan were still there! It truly is all about drama.

Must remind myself not to go there again after the Race is over, but my intense Kramer dislike might draw me to it. He's like roadkill- as much as I want to avoid looking my eyes find him.

Posted by Loree on 04-20-09 at 10:17 AM
This show is dropping in taste each week. We have Trump making comments that Jesse must be great in bed to wed Sandra. Why else would she want him, according to Trump.

Then Jesse is farting out his delight with the chili. And Annie is bragging about being great at BJs.

Ivanka is pouting about her jewelry not being overbid on each time. Clint continues to be a self entitled jerk. And Joan and Melissa continue whatever it is they do. Eeeek!

Posted by Ricky on 04-20-09 at 09:48 PM
Nice recap !!

I can't wait until next week.

They need to bring back Andrew Dice Clay to add some class to the show.

Posted by kingfish on 04-27-09 at 07:25 AM
I think Trump did manage to get the final bit of Drama from the mask and her daughter, after all.

What a foulmouthed couple of self centric hags they turned out to be. Joan, a comedian berating Annie for being a poker player.

What is a comedian, if not a joke?

Posted by Loree on 04-27-09 at 09:03 AM
Joan had actually been the rational one throughout the challenge. She looked good compared to Clint and Jesse. But we all knew she would lose it when Melissa was fired. So no surprise there. It was Melissa having her tantrum that made me laugh. She was just out of control with the whole outcome.

I want to know what was on the note Trump passed. It probably was about keeping Brande because Trump has a crush on the pretty girl.

Posted by BrassFan on 04-27-09 at 09:26 AM
>I want to know what was
>on the note Trump passed.
> It probably was about
>keeping Brande because Trump has
>a crush on the pretty
>girl.

He said on Regis and Kelly today that they were
going to fire Brande, but during the boardroom
discussions he realized that it should be Melissa.

So, he passed a note to Jim Kramer saying "I think
it should be Melissa," and Kramer nodded in agreement.

Posted by mtopaz on 04-27-09 at 10:51 AM
Of course Kramer nodded in agreement -- he's a complete yahoo and yes man. However, taking the petty arguments and general nastiness out of it, Melissa should have been sent home since she has brought in the least amount of money so far.

The advertorial was apparently well liked, and well done. Annie is a barracuda and will probably win the whole thing.

Melissa's melt down and temper tantrum afterwards was a pretty sorry sight. The saddest thing is that she is in her 40's and still stuck in reliving high school, where even her mother's fame and wealth couldn't get her a spot at the cool kid's table. Freaking out and calling Brande and Annie errrr, tarts, while screaming for her things, is pretty pathetic.

Melissa is Joan's Achilles heel. I figured the only reason Melissa was on The Apprentice is that it was a condition of Joan's participation. I don't think Joan will return next week.

And as soon as Jessie goes, I can stop watching this show!

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Posted by jbug on 04-27-09 at 12:00 PM
I think Joan will be back.
Melissa was fired for the dramatic effect it would have - Melissa & Joan storming out - all drama.

I thought the firing was supposed to be based on each challenge. Not on what they had done in the past and what they might be able to bring ($$) in the future.

I thought Brandi should have been fired.

Or Annie for being responsible for the whole concept and for the order of the pictures - which is what they didn't like. I'm surprised we didn't hear much about that.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by Loree on 04-27-09 at 12:17 PM
According to Donald this morning they lost Joan and she won't be back. So unless he is lying for drama I think Joan is gone.

This cancels out the spoiler that Joan let it slip on Howard Stern that Melissa and Annie were the final 2.

Annie really is a nasty person. She is just smart enough to do it behind the scenes and not in the boardroom. She might win. But I would never want to work with her.

I also thought Herschel had raised the second most money. I guess since he is gone Brande can claim that right.

Posted by jbug on 05-04-09 at 03:49 PM
So, either Donald lied?
or he phrased what he said in such a way that he didn't really lie - just mis-lead some peeps.

I figured Joan would be back.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-27-09 at 02:33 PM
I haven't watched all of last night yet, but I agree that the firing should have been based on the challenge at hand. He really hasn't done well with that this year.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Loree on 04-27-09 at 03:32 PM
I don't like that it all seems to be based on how much money they can raise for charity. Basically as long as they have the most impressive black book of rich friends they will win. I wish it was more about doing the tasks and proving they are good at business and delegating, etc. But nope. It is about if they can call up rich people to bail them out in the last second of the challenge.

Posted by EmeraldBrooch on 04-28-09 at 01:18 AM
I don't understand why people hate Annie so much.

She's a strong woman who lives in a world dominated by men. I totally get where she's coming from and respect the intelligence and clever play style.

Posted by mtopaz on 05-04-09 at 04:25 PM
Speaking as a tough woman myself, who has to deal with the business world -- I don't like Annie because she is so full of herself. She talks, talks, talks, talks, talks. Most of the time, it's about how great she is. She's an amazing cook. She's an incredible mother. She even gives great ____ jobs! Sometimes tooting your own horn is a good thing. But her kazoo only knows one tune and it's grating on my last nerve.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones