URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 236
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Eleanor"

Posted by Deonna on 07-21-04 at 08:35 AM
I don’t like women who cry at the drop of a hat and I don’t like women that carry on with the fake poor me, pity me act, which the Eleanor’s actress managed NOT to do, in spite of all the crying. The crying/sensitivity act seemed real to me. I thought that gal did a great job.

I just absolutely loved it that the Eleanor character managed to find some dignity and walked out on the pearl necklace ceremony. I thought that that was priceless.

Deonna

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Eleanor"
Posted by Drive My Car on 07-21-04 at 08:44 AM

It was a great scene. I know I have always wanted one of the girls on a dating show to refuse the rose/necklace. The girls are always so grateful to be asked to stay, Schmoe show did a great job of spoofing the ceremony.
Elenor did a terrific job with that character.

Posted by memacmur on 07-21-04 at 02:54 PM
Agreed!

Refusing the necklace was great. Also thought Ralph did a good job in being taken aback (confused), and then proceeding with the rest of the ceremony even though it was pointless. Much like one might expect would happen if that circumstance ever actually happened.

Uh, what? You're not here for TV time and a chance at money <err, happiness>? Crap.

MEmacmur

Posted by mmm_link on 07-21-04 at 10:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

I thought the priceless moment was showing Tim's and Amands's face when Eleanor told Austin to take his necklace and shove it up his a**.

I wonder if they are going to follow up with who was the one that was suppose to be evicted since Austin was going to keep Eleanor???

One last comment, assuming Amanda is still "stumped"; she has got to be one of the most honest reality show contestants ever. I mean she was so happy to see Ingrid (competition) return and risk losing out on happiness with Austin...I mean $100,000 (she has been told about the money hasn't she?)

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-21-04 at 05:14 PM
you pose an interesting question about who would have been eliminated. We would like to assume that it wouldnt have been Cammy but she was the last one given a pearl necklace.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun!!!

Posted by Drive My Car on 07-22-04 at 11:19 AM
No one was going to be eliminated, or rather Eleanor was. It was scripted exactly the way it happened. Cammy wasn't going to go.

Posted by Macadamia on 07-22-04 at 11:39 AM
But if I were Amanda I would have been wondering who Austin would have picked. I'm wondering if they will show her spectulating about it.

Posted by ladro on 07-21-04 at 01:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 01:03 PM (EST)

I thought it would have been funnier, and a better life leason, if Eleanor had achieved 'self actualization" by having sex with 'the player' in the hot tub in front of Tim.

Posted by Kellar on 07-21-04 at 01:53 PM
I like the way you think!

Posted by I_AM_HE on 07-23-04 at 01:56 AM
you do realize that sex is at the bottom of maslow's pyramid, self-actualization at the top, right?

Posted by ladro on 07-23-04 at 10:05 AM
no, maslow does not interest me. Is she writing books on comedy structure now?

"Agree!!"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 07-22-04 at 01:16 PM
Eleanor was frigging awesome! Thus the title of my new summary:

"And the Oscar Goes To..." (tentatively subtitled "or, 'Austin's A Big Dumb Jerk'")

coming to a Joe Schmo board near you later this evening

"Death"
Posted by Rabies on 07-22-04 at 04:32 PM
Personally, they should have continued with the theme they made us think was going to happen: That Eleanor was going to off herself. But no, it had to be the stupid frog. BORRRRING!

"RE: Death"
Posted by Deonna on 07-22-04 at 05:14 PM
I thought that Eleanor telling Austin to shove it was much funnier than her killing herself over a guy she hardly knew.
Besides, is death really funny?

Also as Buggy mentioned above, I have always wanted to see a gal (or guy) reject the rose.

Deonna

"RE: Death"
Posted by MegsSweetPea on 07-22-04 at 05:38 PM
Not only that, but imagine pretending someone dies and then revealing it was a big hoax? I think that's a bit too far and might be a tad too emotionally tramatic for our schmoes.

"Online chat transcript"
Posted by Macadamia on 07-23-04 at 02:43 PM
Interesting online chat with Jessica

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/joeschmo/transcripts/week6.jhtml