URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 236
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Paula Abdul goes Limp"

Posted by sylentwitness on 05-22-03 at 06:40 PM
I know someone else had to have seen this.

Last night in the final moments of American Idol, when everyone was on stage celebrating Rubens win, Paula Abdul looked like she couldn't stand up on her own then it looked like she kind of went limp. At that moment the cameras quickly moved away and never showed her again. The people went on celebrating like nothing happened, maybe they didn't see it but something was definitely wrong with Paula.

Any idea what happened?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Paula Abdul goes Limp"
Posted by dangerkitty on 05-22-03 at 07:14 PM
She realized that they actually showed that bizarre "dream sequence" piece with her and Simon. I mean, WTF was with that? And isn't Simon engaged? Very understanding fiance, I'd say.

It was creepy. Just creepy. It's creepy.

Posted by MollyTV on 05-23-03 at 01:01 AM
talk about creepy...

i was totally embarassed watching paula ACT sexy and then really for real...kissing simon OPEN MOUTHED!!! OMH!

DISGUSTING.
molly

Posted by cyclehausen on 05-22-03 at 09:32 PM
Paula Abdul has had a bunch of spinal surgeries and has had episodes of immobility. Maybe she was having a relapse (hopefully not!)

Posted by ejm92 on 05-22-03 at 11:59 PM
Yes, I got it on tape, and rewatched to see what happened....I'm guessing either she was really excited for Ruben and had another spinal episode, or she is a really good actress....Clay caught her and then Ruben's grandpa helped hold her up, and then they cut away from the scene. I'm pretty sure that I saw her upright on her own after that, though.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

Posted by bongo on 05-23-03 at 01:40 PM
I just rewatched the tape, to me it looked like she bumped into someone, or got tripped by someone's foot. If you watch closely it looks like Kim Caldwell, is right behind her, facing the other way, and then perhaps they bumped each other, causing paula to almost fall.
If you think about it, that sounds likely, because there were lots of people up there, ryan, the judges, the families, the other 8 contestants from this year, some of last years contestants, and the choir singers. and of ruben and clay.

Posted by CLAYAIKENLOVER on 05-24-03 at 08:58 PM
>Yes, I got it on tape,
>and rewatched to see what
>happened....I'm guessing either she was
>really excited for Ruben and
>had another spinal episode, or
>she is a really good
>actress....Clay caught her and then
>Ruben's grandpa helped hold her
>up, and then they cut
>away from the scene.
>I'm pretty sure that I
>saw her upright on her
>own after that, though.

YEAH I SAW THAT HAPPEN AND I SAW CLAY CATCH HER WHEN SHE BEGAN TO FALL BACKWARD AND HE PUT HIS ARM AROUND HER WAIST, AND I WAS LIKE "AWWWWWWWW THATS SO SWEET" , SHES SO LUCKY . LMAO. I WISH THAT WAS ME W/ CLAYS ARM AROUND MY WAIST, I WOULD FAINT. LMAO. HES SUCH A SWEATHEART AND SUCH A GENTLEMAN W/ SO MUCH CLASS AND SUCH AN INCREDIBLE VOICE AND SO TALENTED NOT TO MENTION HOTTTTTTTT AND SEXYYYYYY AS HECK. HE IS THE TRUE WINNER.
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON AND CLAY AIKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TWO HOTTEST, SEXIEST, AND MOST TALENTED MEN ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 05-23-03 at 03:08 PM
I saw her on the Today show this week and she said she has been struggling with a herniated disk and partial paralysis on her left side for 6 years and wasn't telling anyone about it. I thought she said she was better but maybe something happened.

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

Posted by frisky on 05-23-03 at 04:39 PM
ET interviewed her about her medical problem before the results show, too. Funny how this all comes out just before the show, then she has an "episode" on the show. Not funny haha, funny weird.

Posted by katem on 05-23-03 at 05:23 PM
I saw that, it was hilarious. She backed up and tripped on one of the stairs on the stage. Ruben's dad caught her (YOU FOOL !!!!!).

It would have been classic if she would have fallen

Posted by I_AM_HE on 05-23-03 at 05:37 PM
ah, good to see you're catching up on your quota of evil for the week katem

Posted by katem on 05-23-03 at 09:01 PM
>ah, good to see you're catching
>up on your quota of
>evil for the week katem
>

Hey if I don't do it, Ms. Bebo will unleash her wrath on me. Besides it would have been hilarious to see Paula in that tight dress yell out, "Simon help me, I've fallen and I can't get up". Can you just imagine Simon's response?

(c) 2002, 03 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by dangerkitty on 05-23-03 at 08:28 PM
I can see it now:

"Paula, you really made that fall your own! That's the most vulnerable I've ever seen you. America just wants to reach out and catch you!"

No Abduls were hurt during the writing of this post. Any implication that I would actually enjoy seeing Paula get hurt are purely in your imagination. Peace.

"ROFL!"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 05-23-03 at 08:32 PM
*snort*

is there any wonder we *heart* you, oh goddess of words?

Posted by katem on 05-23-03 at 08:59 PM
>I can see it now:
>
>"Paula, you really made that fall
>your own! That's the
>most vulnerable I've ever seen
>you. America just wants
>to reach out and catch
>you!"

>No Abduls were hurt during the
>writing of this post.
>Any implication that I would
>actually enjoy seeing Paula get
>hurt are purely in your
>imagination. Peace.

Girl, you ALWAYS crack me up. I wish you post more often

(c) 2002, 03 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by bongo on 05-23-03 at 09:30 PM
when i first saw this, during the live show, I thought CLay and ruben's grandpa were trying to lift Paula onto their shoulders, and I was there,cracking up at the thought for about 10 minutes.