URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2350
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What About a Tribe Swap?"

Posted by SurvivaBear on 03-08-02 at 03:19 PM
I have not seen specualtion regarding when or if there will be a tribe swap. Are there any clues that I do not know about. I believe MB could fix his weak team problem by switching two M's for four R's. Jiffy did note how divided the M team was. I am very interested in what you all have to say.

"Destined for Greatness!"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What About a Tribe Swap?"
Posted by zeako on 03-08-02 at 03:34 PM
I don't think a two for four swap would work. The team with four Rotus could simply throw the first two immunity challenges and eliminate the two Maramus that were switched to their tribe. That would leave all eight Rotus and only two Maramus in the game.

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-08-02 at 05:17 PM
If Maraamu loses the next one or two challenges, look for an early merge instead of a swap. If Rotu loses and the teams even out, look for a swap of players.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by Naked on 03-09-02 at 00:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-02 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

SurvivinDawg,

That sounds logical, but I don't think that MB works that way. Due to crew placements, and equipment moving, MB has always plotted out what he would do BEFORE filming started. In S3, the twist was on the books before the game started, and I think that whatever he will do for S4, he will do regardless of what the Tribes do during the game.

Naked

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-08-02 at 03:40 PM
An uneven swap can never work fairly (yeah I know, MB doesn't understand "fairness"), so we can throw that out right away. I don't think a swap can happen until they're even.

Actually, I'm thinking that MB's words in talking about how the Survivors had seen the swap the night before flying to the Marquesas and then telling them to expect the unexpected *may* be a hint there *will* be a swap and suggests that the next two bootees WILL be Rot-u so that we can have an even swap in episode 5.

Posted by SurvivaBear on 03-08-02 at 04:06 PM
What if MooMoo looses another challenge and they just shuffle the remaining cast members into two teams.

"Destined for Greatness!"

Posted by Jaden on 03-08-02 at 04:27 PM
What if Maraamu loses the next two challenges, and Mark Burnett chooses to form three tribes by splitting Rotu up? Wasn't there talk of contestants moving to another location? Would that be possible?

Posted by cowboyroo on 03-08-02 at 05:04 PM
The swap can be for one person. Each tribe picks who they want from the other tribe. They'd pick the strongest most likely, so they wouldn't want to get rid of them.

"Who will be swapped?"
Posted by wendyp on 03-08-02 at 05:25 PM
Since the survivors did see the Africa switch, they know it may happen. So the question now is who will switch? Do you keep people you are allied with or do you split to try and save the original tribe?

Know that Gina and Hunter are on the edge do they volunteer to go to the other group or does the other members ask them to go?

Other question is how will they know it is the switch? How will MB/JP get the players for the switch?

"The Winds Twist"
Posted by zzz on 03-08-02 at 05:31 PM
The title for E4 is "The Winds Twist". This suggests that some kind of swap or realignment happens in E4 (and not E5 as it happened in S3). Of course the title could mean something else entirely. But I have a feeling that E4 could be a major reshuffling. This also leads me to believe that Maraamu loses immunity again this coming week which is what forces MB's hand early in E4 rather than waiting to "twist" in E5.