URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID78
Thread Number: 235
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Final Season"

Posted by Tummy on 11-09-11 at 11:01 AM
Just wanted it known that I dislike the storyline with Lynette and Tom AS much as I detested the Frumpy Gabby storyline.

I'm sad this last season is so lackluster for me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Final Season"
Posted by samboohoo on 11-21-11 at 11:44 AM
I am about four episodes behind. I haven't been happy with much at all this season, but I'm watching pretty much to finish it out. Yesterday I started watching the Halloween episode. I think I got up to the part where Rene took the potion.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by qwertypie on 11-24-11 at 01:42 AM
Yeah, I just haven't been able to get into it the last couple of seasons.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-29-11 at 11:22 AM
DH asked why I even bother watching, and I told him I simply needed to finish it out.

I wonder if the season ends with someone waking up from a very long, bad dream. Maybe even Mary Alice.

Posted by Tummy on 12-01-11 at 11:26 AM
Me too - the finishing it out thing.

I will laugh if there is a "Dallas Bobby" ending.

Posted by Tummy on 01-16-12 at 12:00 PM
I hope the last episode shows them all together in their 70's and still getting into trouble. At this point the cheesier the better.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-15-12 at 10:33 AM
Actually watched early this week - meaning yesterday. For a brief moment last night I liked Susan.

I'm happy Orson is back. I still think it's him sending the notes. Or it's a dream.

Don't care much for Lynette's new boyfriend. I don't find him attractive at all. He reminds me a lot of that nut Edie was married to - the husband of the woman Susan hit with the car. What was his name? Doug? Previews for next week make me think he's Julie's baby's father.

Posted by byoffer on 02-23-12 at 12:40 PM
I think this week's show clearly proved that Orson wrote the notes. How he got his car into the forest to watch the burial was a stretch.

The baby's father? Not who you thought, but rather one of Lynnette and Tom's eldest sons (I don't recall which one).

The show is driving my DW nuts in that Susan seems to want Julie's baby, but yet we never see her son anymore. Did he die and we missed it??

Ouch on Gaby's selfish mistake with Karen and her boyfriend.

I am glad this will be the final season. DW has decreed that we shall watch, but I am fine with it going away!

Posted by samboohoo on 03-12-12 at 09:24 AM
Been a long time since we had something exciting to talk about.

I just saw on Friday, I think, a news clip spoiling Mike's death as it was revealed in Nicolette's court case. Of all the ones to actually die . . .

Now I really, really, really want it to be Mary Alice's dream of what life would be like if she killed herself.

Posted by ndk1donair on 03-15-12 at 05:47 AM
Its my favorite show and I find it very interesting. Every episode is really nice and worth watching.

http://csi-ny.otavo.tv/ , http://ugly-betty.otavo.tv/

"Finally"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-27-12 at 09:26 AM
In the last season with a handful of episodes left, Teri Hatcher has amazing scenes.

"RE: Finally"
Posted by byoffer on 03-27-12 at 02:24 PM
Meh, I still hate her. Breaking jam jars against the garage wall? Stupid idea. Although it did seem to work for her son.

My DW is convinced that Bree will end up taking the fall for the dead body. She seems the only one without family to care for, so easy that way.

Will Lynette's ruse on Tom, that seemed to backFIRE, actually work?

I'm not sure where this show is supposed to take place, but is Gaby's talent really marketable to a store?

Any idea when the finale is supposed to air?

Posted by samboohoo on 03-27-12 at 02:39 PM
I think her performance last week and this week have been better than anything she has done. The jam-breaking made me cry. Her explanations, all of it.

The abilities of the Fairview PD have never had me worried about anyone taking the fall for anything. I still think all of this will be a bad dream.

Not sure about Tom/Lynette. Something that occurred to me during their scenes recently is that their original history as portrayed this season is quite different than it was portrayed early on in the series.

Gaby: I doubt it, but it's certainly fun to watch her. I do find it hard to believe that all of their money is gone. Again.

Posted by Tummy on 03-28-12 at 04:47 PM
Glad to see you two still watching.

If it's a dream I going to be mad. Really, really mad.

Posted by Puffy on 03-30-12 at 08:54 PM
I thought the March 18 show had award-winning writing. I liked all the flashbacks about how good the men were to the women in their lives. They all meshed together in the present day and ended with Susan saying Mike's little poem about loving you twice, more than beans and rice. It was one of the best episodes.

I think Gabby's job as a personal shopper is a viable, realistic job in the world of the rich and famous.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-02-12 at 04:21 PM
Yep, that scene with Susan and the poem sent me straight to the Kleenex.

Posted by Tummy on 04-03-12 at 01:39 PM
Me too!

Posted by samboohoo on 05-04-12 at 02:20 PM
The Gaby/Carlos situation has now irritated me. The man had a very successful company. Who bought it? Surely, he didn't just liquidate it that quickly. It just didn't wrap up the way it should have.

Bree: Loving her and Scott Bakula. I almost dated a guy once that looked like him.

Lynette/Tom: I'll be glad when they get back together. She doesn't have to worry about India. Tom's going to get fired when Lynette rejects the boss.

Posted by byoffer on 05-07-12 at 09:15 AM
Mike is dead and still my favourite character. Susan story about him made me smile.

I was surprised that with the series winding down Julie and baby were getting storyline, but I guess they will use that to make Susan's story.

Bree and the PI were funny. Hot PI! So is Bree right or wrong on her read of her lawyer??

Gaby is like a friend of mine - no medium, just on and off. Last week we hate her for sabotauging Carlos, and this week we start to love her again for her realization re letting Bree down.

Lynette's bridesmaid dress was beautiful. The story with Tom's boss was pretty weak. I can't imagine a business running like that, or a boss going off on another's ex like happened. Overdone.

So what are they setting us up for? Everyone leaving the Lane? Bree to prison, Susan to wherever Julie will go to school, Gaby to ??, Lynette to ??

Posted by samboohoo on 05-07-12 at 09:49 AM
I need to watch tonight.

Posted by byoffer on 05-07-12 at 10:38 AM
I really didn't have time to watch last night, but was askeerd of getting yelled at if I didn't come in here this morning to post.

Posted by Tummy on 05-07-12 at 11:53 AM
*grin - You're my favorite today.

I don't think Boo's theory on it being a dream is going to pan out.

I would say that Carlos is going to stand trial, but I don't think there's time for that.

I still hate they killed off Mike.

If I hadn't been watching it forever this season would have killed it for me.

Posted by byoffer on 05-07-12 at 12:48 PM
Only today? *pout*

How many eps are actually remaining? 2? 3?? Either way, no time for Carlos trial. About all that could happen would be some sort of quick determination of self-defense, but given all the cover up that would still require a tough trial.

So how to series end?
- MASH - they sent everyone home
- Seinfeld - they sent everyone to jail
- Newhart - the whole thing was a dream

I don't see any spin-offs coming from DH.

My guess is that they end this thing with some closure on the major story lines (Lynette and Tom back together, Bree innocent, Renee married, Susan with grandchild. Not sure what Gaby's closure might be). Then all the girls will be sitting around playing cards. The show started with death (Mary Alice), but I think will end with life, and life just goes on. The ladies playing cards would, IMHO, be a way to show them just going on.

Posted by Tummy on 05-07-12 at 02:46 PM
I think I said up there somewhere I'd like to see it end with them 20/30 years in the future - all of them old and happy and still living on Wisteria Lane. I don't think I'll get my way.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-08-12 at 10:22 AM
I agree with you that it won't be a Mary Alice dream. I'm leaning more toward FF'ing them, which is not completely out of the picture since it's happened before.

Lynette & Tom: They will get back together and should. They have come full circle. What on earth will they do now though? Perhaps they will start their own company, although Lynette is working with Renee.

Susan: Again, I have really loved her more in her scenes following Mike's death. And I too hate that they killed him off. I totally get her wanting to leave and start over, but I wonder if she really will be able to do it. For every hard memory in that house, there has to be at least one good one.

Karen: They haven't really wrapped up her illness yet.

Renee: Looks to finally get married and will be happy.

Bree: She will not be convicted. She and the lawyer will end up together and will balance one another out perfectly.

Gabby: I think she testifies/confesses. Perhaps she even takes the blame for Carlos. She tells her story. No way a jury convicts her for that.

Posted by byoffer on 05-08-12 at 10:03 PM
I forgot about Karen. I know she isn't one of the main characters, but she was always a good one. I do hope they wrap her story up. Is she married to the guy (his name is escaping me)? A wedding of those two would be great, but not at Renee's wedding.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-09-12 at 10:20 AM
For some reason, I thought they were married, but maybe not.

Posted by Puffy on 05-09-12 at 08:35 PM
Karen and Roy (good ole' Orson Bean) are married. I want a happy ending for them, too. By the way, Karen wears a purple top in the show that I have in my closet, too!

Posted by byoffer on 05-10-12 at 01:27 PM
To answer my own question, I see that there is just one (1!) two-hour episode left, and it will be on at the same time as the Survivor season finale. Sorry DH, but you are going to have to wait a day or two.

How can they wrap all the loose ends up in two hours? I predict we will be here (in this thread) next week grumbling about some unfinished business.

"Tom/Lynette"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-09-12 at 10:22 AM
Does he really think she's hung up on another guy? I can't recall if, when peering through the window, you could tell that it was Lee helping Lynette out of the dress. Does Tom think it's someone else?

In the previews they show him saying something like, "You have to say these things while you can." Is he telling her that thinking it's someone else?

"RE: Tom/Lynette"
Posted by byoffer on 05-09-12 at 11:13 AM
It was definitely set up that Tom was coming back to Lynette, but saw another man undressing her. I don't think it was clear to Tom that the other man was Lee. Tom seemed to turn away rather quickly, or he might have seen that it was just Lee.

The part with Lee helping her undress was ridiculous, IMO. Gay or not, I don't see her having a neighbour help her undress. (I almost never have a neighbour guy over to help me undress. )

"RE: Tom/Lynette"
Posted by qwertypie on 05-11-12 at 02:08 PM
operative word is "almost"

"Series Finale"
Posted by byoffer on 05-14-12 at 10:48 PM
Okay, Sunday was for Survivor, so tonight was for DH. Pretty good show, and pretty much as we expected.

Spoilers below:
- Tom and Lynette reconcile, are threatened again by Lynette's career (thanks to Katherine Mayfair's brief return)
- Karen feels the love from the street, and in her dying days takes the blame for the murder freeing all the others
- Renee gets married, and not surprisingly is bridezilla
- Susan's daughter has her baby, just as Karen is dying. Susan sells her house, and is the first to leave the lane.
- Gaby and Carlos have a roll-reversal from season 1, but seem to have figured out their love
- Bree and the lawyer split, but only briefly and he wins her back

As predicted up there ^^ they end up playing poker, and then as Susan drives off the lane many ghost characters from the whole series are standing along the lane watching her leave. I did not see Edie Britt. Was Orson Hodge there?

All in all a good ending. Stories of the future, but other than a couple of very brief future scenes (Lynette with grandkids in Central Park, Gaby and Carlos in California, Bree off to Kentucky and become a politician. There could have been a Susan bit too, but I block her scenes out ) but these are IMO tastefully brief.

Thoughts?

"RE: Series Finale"
Posted by Tummy on 05-15-12 at 10:00 AM
I watched Survivor Sunday also. Watched DH last night.

All in all I was pretty happy with the way they wrapped it up. I cried a little. I still don't get why they killed Mike off, it left for an unsatisfactory Susan storyline for me. Although, I do agree with Boo that it did give Susan some of her best scenes.

The one thing I did not like was the voice over saying they never got together again. For one thing Susan and Lynette share a grandchild. For another - as close as they all were I don't see them never getting together - usually money is the biggest deterrent for regular get togethers and it seems they were all pretty well off in the end.

I cried when Karen died. I think they should have shown Julie naming the baby Karen. Yes, I'm a sap.

Farewell Desperate Housewives.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-15-12 at 10:22 AM
Agree with you, but I'm going to post my own thoughts.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-15-12 at 10:36 AM
I wasn't crazy about the Finale. Somewhere I read that the viewers would get a satisfying ending. I don't think we really did. It wasn't the worst finale I've ever seen (*coughcoughSEINFELDcoughcough), but it also wasn't that great. I saw a little of it Sunday night while at the gym, but I watched it all last night.

Tom/Lynette: So it seems that Tom did think Lynette was with another man and didn't realize it was Lee. This was somewhat stupid to me because in the episodes leading up to it, Tom saw that Lynette was trying to hold on. I loved the reunion in the middle of the street and what he said to her. I didn't really love them going to New York. I agree with Tummy about Susan and Lynette sharing a grandchild. I also need to go back to look at it, but they showed what looked to be an "older" Lynette playing in the park with her six grandchildren. One of her grandchildren should have been Julie's daughter, and it wasn't. So I just didn't really love their ending after them getting back together. And we were left wondering what became of Tom.

Renee: Meh. I had no real connection to her. Did she end up staying on Wysteria Lane? Of all of the ladies, except for maybe Gabby, Renee was the one I saw with the penthouse in New York.

Susan & Julie: I'll lump them together since they are together. Why did they give us anything with Julie's doctor if that was never resolved? Did she end up with that doctor? What about Lynette's son? Was he ever a good father? What did Susan do after Julie finished school?

Gabby & Carlos: Agree with you. I actually loved their role reversal. I thought they had the funny scenes of the night - especially with the gardener and at the courthouse, etc.

Bree: I knew she would end up with him, and I'm glad she finally got a man who wan't a whack. I can totally see her ending that way. Good ending for her.

Karen: I absolutely loved Karen's story. I hated that she died, but I loved the way it was done. Absolutely perfect! How funny was it that Karen overhears Gabby & Carlos and then uses the same words in court. And then we had Tom sitting on the porch with Karen's husband, and he uses those same words with Lynette. I too cried. I just loved it!!!

At the end we saw all of the people, and I didn't remember several of them. The little boy with Karen. Was that the little boy Susan accidentally killed (Edie's crazy husband's kid)?

I'm sure we didn't see Edie because of Nicollette's lawsuit. Orson wasn't there, but he didn't die. Were they all dead people? Now I can't recall. We really didn't get a full Orson wrap-up.

I too find it hard to believe they would never get together again. I realize that people drift apart, but I just don't think these girls would have.

Then there's the whole new mystery. Susan was the first to leave, and her new neighbor had the secret. Gabby was there for a while after Susan, so was Bree. I somewhat get why they ended it that way, but I don't think it was needed.

Posted by byoffer on 05-15-12 at 11:16 AM
Re you comments on Tom, Orson, and even Mike: This was Desperate Housewives, and despite the important role those guys played in the show, it was all about the women. Renee needed to get married to somewhat close her story, but she wasn't a main character like the others. Ditto for Julie - we didn't really need closure on her. That said, I actually would like to have had some closure on Orson since he had such a long (and complex) story.

What is Nicolette's lawsuit? I must have missed that one.

I hated the NYC for Lynette, but they wanted to end with them all leaving Wysteria, and that was the way to get her out.

While I somewhat agree that these ladies would likely get together, maybe the point was that all four wouldn't get together at once again. Even that seems like a stretch, but at least a bit feasible compared to any of the 4 getting together.

I enjoyed the show, but even Karen's death didn't make me cry (and I am usually a sap). I am glad they didn't name the baby Karen (that would have been too sappy) although I suspect they might have actually done that (since they juxtaposed the birth and the death) and then even they decided that was too sappy (plus Karen was somewhat close with the other DHs, but not with Julie who would have picked the name).

Was Seinfeld so bad? I thought it was fitting for that show. I was not a watcher of The Sopranos or Lost, but understand that both of those ended very poorly. Tough to end a series nicely.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-15-12 at 11:22 AM
Nicollette sued Cherry for wrongful termination. She says he assaulted her, she reported it, she was killed off for it. Mike's death was spoiled as a result of the trial. I think it was a mistrial, I can't remember. She might be suing ABC now.

I hated the Seinfeld ending. And the Sopranos.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-22-12 at 06:27 AM
The Seinfeld ending would have been fine if they compressed the stuff they did show into a half hour - the court scenes went on and on and on, and they didn't have much of a story otherwise.

"Sad news"
Posted by Puffy on 06-02-12 at 07:58 PM

Kathryn Joosten, who portrayed Karen McCluskey, died at the age of 72 of lung cancer.

I can't imagine what was going through her head while she filmed the final episodes. What an actress! She didn't even start acting until the age of 42.

She will be remembered.

I waddle for Agman

"RE: Sad news"
Posted by samboohoo on 06-04-12 at 09:32 AM
I just heard this yesterday. So sad. What an absolute gem she was.