URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 235
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"season 1 deserves to...."

Posted by shaw86 on 10-05-04 at 09:22 PM
win... i mean not because the have lost everything because its a popularity contest, but they deserve to win because they are generaly funnier then season 2. even tonight i found that dave and rich were 10x funnier seperatly then alonzo and john combined. so if your gonna vote vote for someone that deserves to win.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: season 1 deserves to...."
Posted by add on 10-06-04 at 10:21 AM
Yeah, I think Dave has it in the bag.

Posted by newsomewayne on 10-06-04 at 10:26 AM
Yeah, I'm definately hoping Dave wins. His set rocked last night. His timing is sometimes a little slow (too much quiet time between jokes), but it was very funny.

John was not bad, but I'm pretty sure his whole set was new stuff. Not new-we haven't heard it before, but new-he just wrote it a few days before he performed. This is dangerous because, as he showed, the timing of the jokes is important as well as content and he didn't quite have it worked out.

Go Dave!!

"maybe its just me"
Posted by Oscirus on 10-06-04 at 10:56 AM
but I preferred Alonzo. John was way off last night. Rich voss must have suffered from his association with Dat Phan last night becuz he was repeating jokes and thats a bad thing top do in your final performance. It came down to alonzo and Dave and I preffered Alonzo. Just because you like Dave and Rich's sets better last night doesn't mean that they deserved to win.

Posted by ARnutz on 10-06-04 at 01:31 PM
I didn't see the show last night but I can say this... Rich was my favorite from season 1 and Alonzo was my favorite from season 2. If I compare what I have seen of these two, I'd have to say, overall, I like Alonzo better. Of course, I didn't vote b/c I didn't see the final performances and I would not vote just for the sake of voting. Just adding my opinion here.

By the way... does anyone know if there is no episode next week? The NBC website says "find out the winner during the Father of the Pride marathon." Does this mean they will just come in for a few minutes to tell us the winner or what?

Posted by Loree on 10-06-04 at 01:35 PM
I found Dave very funny lastnight. I didn't watch season one. So I had never paid much attention to him. And I thought Alonzo was funnier than John lastnight. John seemed nervous.

Posted by theking0075 on 10-06-04 at 02:16 PM
They all stunk last night!

John 2 laughs
Rich 1 laugh
Dave NO LAUGHS!
Alonzo No LAUGHS!

So I guess John wins, even though he wasn't even very funny.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Posted by grit on 10-06-04 at 02:30 PM
My $.02 worth...

John wasn't as good as he normally is. His jokes weren't as funny as normal and his energy level was down.

Rich sucked big time. He was extremely nervous and his timing was terrible.

Dave - I loved his set. Too bad I had to tape the show and I just got around to watching it this afternoon. I would have given my votes to him.

Alonzo was pretty good too. I was just a little turned off by the political and racial jokes.

The only person I can say with some certainty will NOT win is Rich Vos. As long as anyone other than Rich wins, I'll be happy. Based on the studio audience's reactions I think they preferred Alonzo. I guess we'll find out next week.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by tvhead on 10-06-04 at 03:48 PM
i love mordal and yes i never saw vos so nervous he looked
ready to pass out i swear

Posted by triednottowatch on 10-06-04 at 05:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-04 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

>Rich sucked big time. He
>was extremely nervous and his
>timing was terrible.

It's amazing how off he was. There was not one joke that he hit his mark on. His material wasn't that bad, but his delivery mangled every one of them.

I thought there was a huge gap between Dave and all three of the others.

Posted by tvhead on 10-06-04 at 03:45 PM
alonzo is alright he does not crack me up like some of the others
john hefferon is pretty funny his material is easy to relate to

Posted by shaw86 on 10-06-04 at 06:25 PM
i dont know about the rest of you but i think john did bad last night, alonzo did his white racial crap stick, rich was good but not his best and dave made a killing, i mean the remote control joke great stuff, he should win based on his perform last night and should not lose because the other season had more viewers...i mean i dont even like dave that much but i still think he is the better comic

"Painfull"
Posted by Canada Girl on 10-06-04 at 09:26 PM
I cringed most of the episode, but have to agree, Season One comics definetly funnier.

John blew it big time, what the hell happened?

Ice Ice Baby