URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 235
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Final 2"

Posted by djandy on 05-07-03 at 10:20 PM
After fabulous dates with Kirsten in Park City, Utah, Jen in rainy Arizona, and Tina in Hawaii, the Bachelor had to make his hardest decision yet. The final 2 in the order he called them:

Jen
Kirsten

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Final 2"
Posted by djandy on 05-07-03 at 10:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 11:06 PM (EST)

I guess Tina Fabulous turned out to be not so fabulous. The no touching comments in the tub seemed like she was taking hard-to-get a little too far.

I really like Jen and hope she wins. She was very open and fun and went with the flow by being happy about going bowling when their plans got cancelled due to rainy weather. (I could see Kirsten throwing a fit if she had to go bowling). I think he's very comfortable around her, and she will fit in well with his family.

Kirsten's screechy Valley Girl talk is fraying my nerves (you know, like, totally!) Kirsten can't imaging Andrew falling for anybody else when she's in the picture, and tells Andrew that too (like, how could you possibly like anybody else, when me, Miss Perfect, is like right here?). Whenever anybody talked bad about Kirsten he always defended her, but when Kirsten talked bad about Tina, he took what she said seriously and axed Tina. So she's obviously got him hooked, but she's still keeping the boyfriend back home as her fall back position (you know, like, just in case).

Speaking of the order that they have been called, it looks like the trend may be skewing to Jen.

Final 15: Kirsten - 1st, Jen - 9th
Final 10: Kirsten - 2nd, Jen - 3rd
Final 6: Kirsten - 1st, Jen - 2nd
Final 4: Kirsten - 2nd, Jen - 3rd
Final 3: Kirsten - 1st, Jen - 3rd
Final 2: Jen - 1st, Kirsten - 2nd

In the earlier shows he always called Kirsten before Jen, but this time he called Jen first . Was the last rose ceremony order chosen to show his heart (can I hope?), or hide his pick?

Edited to add Final 15 votes after I looked it up in buckeyegirl's great summary.

Posted by smiley on 05-08-03 at 08:10 AM
**Kirsten's screechy Valley Girl talk is fraying my nerves (you know, like, totally!) Kirsten can't imaging Andrew falling for anybody else when she's in the picture, and tells Andrew that too (like, how could you possibly like anybody else, when me, Miss Perfect, is like right here?). **

OMH that was exactly the same thing I was thinking when she was sitting there during dinner. This girl is a complete ditz...i was waiting for her to start swinging her head around like a bobble head doll LOL.

I hate to say this but the more I watch Andrew the more I don't like him. The guy is a wimp. He can't even put a sentence together. Table talk must be really hard with this guy....anyway i'm not surprised that he picked Tina to go and the cold shoulder she gave him was priceless LOL

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 05-08-03 at 06:28 AM
Was it just me seeing this, or did Tina Fabulous not seem too upset at not being chosen?

Even though she said the right things on camera, I suspect that she was very aware of the game Andrew was playing, and therefore didn't commit herself to him (like Jen has). Besides, she said she felt like she was the third wheel already, and obviously she didn't try all that hard to overcome that status.

Yore opinions?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by bostonsrule on 05-08-03 at 09:21 AM
>Was it just me seeing this,
>or did Tina Fabulous not
>seem too upset at not
>being chosen?
>
>>
>Yore opinions?
>
I noticed that as well. She seemed to know that she was going to go home. I liked that she didn't cry like the others. And what is up with Andrew trying to get her to "meet half way" (sorry don't have the direct quote). Saying he put himself out there to see if she would meet him. Seriously....why would she do that knowing she is going home. I liked her more last night than throughout the whole series.

I hate Kristin and like Jen. I agree with you that Andrew is not looking for a wife. He is a playboy.

~ Lauren

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 05-08-03 at 09:22 AM
I mentioned in another thread that I saw Tina on GMA this morning. She stated that she was not ready for marriage or children and this worked out for the best. She wasn't even prepared to move to where Andrew lived. I think she said something like "I can't see me being barefoot with children in the vineyards" LOL She's a gorgeous lady and I absolutely loved how she left the show last night with such class. Also, she mentioned she wants to be in television ... BIG SURPRISE! LOL

On this morning's GMA show, they were laughing about Kirsten telling Andrew that she thought Tina was too young (22) and had a lot of growing up to do. Kirsten is 23 yrs old! Got a good chuckle over that one.

Posted by jewelz10 on 05-08-03 at 10:26 AM
As Cristina would say - "He just made the biggest mistake of his life" - but this time I think he really did because Tina was simply Fabulous!

Posted by triednottowatch on 05-08-03 at 10:51 AM
I got the impression that Tina was just doing this as a lark and she's going to get what she really wanted out of it - a shot at television celebrity. She has the look for tv and seems to have the right attitude for it too. I still think she's fabulous.

BTW everyone, the episode summary will be on later today. I don't think I can top femme, but I'll try to be funny. Hey, that's a good slogan. "It ain't femme, but it's funny."

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 05-08-03 at 10:53 AM
Look forward to your summary. I'm sure it'll be FABULOUS!!!

Posted by PrettyInPink on 05-08-03 at 06:44 AM
WOW, am I glad that Tina's gone! I didn't like her a bit - she seemed really hard as nails, y'know? Kirsten *is* kind of annoying with the Valley Girl talk, but she's miles better than Tina!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

Posted by samboohoo on 05-08-03 at 09:44 AM
I was surprised and happy last night when he called Jen's name first. Andrew mentioned that he had changed his mind a hundred times before deciding . . . I wonder if he changed it again when he saw Tina's not so fabulous hairdo. What the heck is up with her and that look?

Hoping he'll pick Jen, but I'm sure it will be Kirsten.

Posted by PugsBuni on 05-08-03 at 09:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-03 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

Did anyone see Regis this morning? Andrew was on the phone. He said he had to do some explaining to one of the two remaining girls...must have been about the moans from Tina. To me...the only one that would question him would be Kirsten. Regis made the comment about Kirsten's valley girl voice. Damn...I hope he wasn't stupid and picked her.

Posted by KScott on 05-08-03 at 09:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-03 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

>I wonder if he changed it
>again when he saw Tina's
>not so fabulous hairdo.
>What the heck is up
>with her and that look?

I thought she looked more "fabulous" in Hawaii. She looked natural there, I don't like the way she wore her hair for this ceremony, looked very stiff and fake.

Posted by Penelope Le Pew on 05-08-03 at 10:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-03 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

I don't like FabulousTina a bit! I m happy that Andrew picked Jen first then Kristen. I get a feeling that Andrew picks Jen because Kristen carries her baggage from the past and Andrew might not like that. Jen would be a perfect wife for him. She is so simple and not make things complicated for Andrew. I have a problem about this show because if Andrew would choose Jen, all is done before, then they watched the show together or separately, how would Jen feel about Andrew saying this or that beautiful Kristen? It might cause a problem for them or maybe Jen just lets it go because it is a game and she won? I like Andrew because he seems so gentleman but he get distracted by Kristen's beauty, not inside..

Posted by rilond on 05-08-03 at 11:39 AM
I agree with you about Tina F. I did not see her so fabulous. Her bottom line for going on that show was to get exposure for movies and tv. She was just on The View and said that she wants to go on tv. That was her gold. She was not looking for marriage now but perhaps a relationship. She is arrogant.

JEN all the way. By her being in an executive position here in Chicago I'm sure she can handle/be a challenge to Andrew. Andrew is beginning to see this.

Posted by jewelz10 on 05-08-03 at 10:20 AM
His only fabulous date was with Tina - and I think he used his WILD CARD too soon. He better be sure of what he wants when he chooses between Kirsten & Jen, because they are as different as night and day.

Posted by IzzyB on 05-08-03 at 11:07 AM
I had a real problem with Andrew wanting to "bag" everyone of the girls last night. Geez, couldn't he have controlled his hormones until he he picked one of them? I can imagine what it would be like to be Jen watching last night and realize that he had just porked Kirsten the night before eeeewwwww!! I think "poor confused & emotionally torn" Andrew is getting everything he wants from this show. Constant parade of adoration and a big boost to the Firestone name. Tina was in marketing right???...maybe that is why she was not so upset...she recognized Andrew's motivation. If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then by cracky it must be a duck!

Posted by sisyphus on 05-08-03 at 12:13 PM
I have to agree with you IzzyB, andrew is not in it for love but rather lust, and is getting all the adoration he could ever want. That is why I don't want Jen to win she is a really nice girl and if she wins she will be expecting more of it and it will end up with her bawling like helene on national TV tell everyone what a jerk andrew turned out to be...she is too nice for that to happen so it will better if kirsten win so if she eventually gets dumped she has her fall back guy...

Posted by triednottowatch on 05-08-03 at 12:15 PM
Has anyone noticed that all the bachelors' names beging with A? Maybe next season we will get a Brad or Bobby.

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 05-08-03 at 12:33 PM
I had a real problem with Andrew wanting to "bag" everyone of the girls last night.

I thought of that last night, and I thought of this too: At least Andrew is kissing these women, unlike the LOSERS in "Mr. Personality" that won't even try to kiss that skank-ho Hayley!

I can't say I have a problem with Andrew's behavior, though... after all, this is what he came onto the show for!

Welcome to the boards, IzzyB! P.S are you related to Izzy, the Atlanta Olympic Mascot?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by IzzyB on 05-08-03 at 01:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome Dawg! Yes, Izzy is my first cousin on my mama an em's side

And yes, I am sure Andrew did come on the show for that purpose but like totally wow (to quote Kirsten) how can you sleep with yourself (or everybody else) knowing that you are not being truthful to these girls (especially Jen) And the fact that all of the viewing audience is witnessing you being such a lying skank? But in defense of Andrew, I am sure that the producers have done a bit of manipulation to what actually happened versus what we are seeing.