URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2343
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Anyone else agree w/Randy-Blake's BB is getting OLD???"

Posted by mistyrose52 on 05-09-07 at 01:57 PM
Anyone else starting to dread the whole beat-boxing stuff every single time Blake walks up on that stage??

I know he didn't do it for a while, and did some JUST SINGING and did an amazing job. He also did a great job on the beat boxing with the Bon Jovi song, and "Time of the Season", BUT, as Randy says, 'come on dude, enough is enough'!!!

I for one, would just like to see him finish this whole thing off as a SINGER!

What do you all think? Does it make him stand out from the other 3? Do you feel it's getting old, and should be canned? Does it depend on the song? I'd love to hear from you!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Anyone else agree w/Randy-Blake's BB is getting OLD???"
Posted by Corvis on 05-09-07 at 02:03 PM
It does depend on the song, but really his beatboxing is the only thing making this Final Four worth watching. The other three are so similar in what they sing that I'm glad Blake is still there giving us a little diversity.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-09-07 at 02:04 PM
I disagree with you completely. The weeks that Blake didn't do the beatboxing he was getting boring. He's not a Melinda-caliber singer so he needs to keep his uniqueness. Bring on the beatboxing and stfu judges.

Snidget Mommyfied me!

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-09-07 at 02:22 PM
The beatboxing worked on two songs, Time of the Season, and You Give Love a Bad Name. Last night, it was awful. It totally distracts from the song and seemed silly. I love the tone of Blake's voice, but I'd never buy a CD of his because I know the damn beatboxing would be all over it. He has very unique and pleasant voice, that's what I want to hear.

"Locking - duplicate"
Posted by Bebo on 05-09-07 at 02:21 PM
Please join the existing discussion on Blake and his beatboxing on the Individual Contestant forum.