URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2339
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gabe spoiler"

Posted by Fashionista007 on 03-07-02 at 06:40 PM
The other day I was listening to my local radio station morning show. Gabe's mom was on!!....Here are some possibly spoilers:
1. He was surprised that he didnt lose that much weight. Considering the time.

2. Food became easier as the game progressed.

3. He thought Neleh was cute. And had a lot of good things to say about Gina.

That's about all for now. Its not much...but its something.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gabe spoiler"
Posted by Kaumanaboy on 03-07-02 at 06:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 06:59 PM (EST)

1. With as much food as the island has, weight loss is vastly overrated as a spoiler.

2. Once they know where to find the food and get tools along the way to help catch and gather food it will be easier. Indication that he goes far.

3. If he has a lot of good things to say about Gina, that probably means they both make the merge. This could be the major spoiler in this thread.

Posted by shakes the clown on 03-07-02 at 07:20 PM
>3. If he has a lot
>of good things to say
>about Gina, that probably means
>they both make the merge.
> This could be the
>major spoiler in this thread.
>

...or one of them gets switched to the other's tribe.....or, they both get booted early and spend time together on loser island.

Posted by Kaumanaboy on 03-07-02 at 07:37 PM
True, the food may be easier to get later in the game because he is on loser island and gets it served to him.

Posted by Uncle_Fester on 03-07-02 at 07:39 PM
If you go from eating fatty foods such as burgers and fries then go to diet consisting of mainly fruit, then weight loss will occur. May not be quite so over-rated.

Posted by NorthOfBoston on 03-07-02 at 10:11 PM
I'd take Gabe's mom with a grain of salt. Sounds a little too much like Kelly Goldsmith's mother last season. Kelly's mom said that Kelly and Silas were good friends, which made us think they would either be in the merge together or in Loser's Lair. However, neither was true. If only to compare: the final four of S3 stayed pretty much out of the spotlight (of public eyes) until later on in the game (family members included). Why would Gabe's mother RUN to an interview so soon unless her son's time on the island was limited?

Sounds like the Gina-Gabe connection is a planted mis-clue.

"reasonable explanation"
Posted by shakes the clown on 03-07-02 at 10:56 PM
>I'd take Gabe's mom with a
>grain of salt. Sounds
>a little too much like
>Kelly Goldsmith's mother last season.
> Kelly's mom said that
>Kelly and Silas were good
>friends, which made us think
>they would either be in
>the merge together or in
>Loser's Lair. However, neither
>was true.

...Kelly and Silas both live in the same area, plus they are both aspiring media whores, so that is where their friendship came from. Plus, it was known that they watched several of the eps together. That's something a lot of people lose track of...the fact that there is a period of time between filming and airing that is actually longer than the duration of the shoot, plenty of time to bond and form friendships while anticipating the start of the show.

"RE: reasonable explanation"
Posted by NorthOfBoston on 03-08-02 at 09:38 AM
I agree, Shakes, but at the time, there was speculation on SB that they had met during the filming. After all, they were completely separated during the shoot, as they remained in separate camps even after the twist, and since Silas was booted pre-merge, it is assumed that he and Kelly did not have contact until after all filming was done (and the players were back in the U.S., or at least on the plane ride home). I think it's too early to decide if Gabe is a media whore as well, although it seems resonable that if he DIDN'T want the extra coverage, he would have asked his mother to stay away from the public eye.