URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2325
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Mercy, milord? Mercy?"

Posted by Estee on 02-15-08 at 07:35 AM
What is the quality of this 'mercy'? Just as much to the point, how desperate is Donald to set up either an extra episode or a soul-satisfying double-firing by actually sparing the entire losing group last night? Trace can't save them forever and it's been made pretty clear this was a one-time deal -- one that never would have happened in a regular season, because losers are losers who get none of this 'mercy' stuff.

But -- no one going home?

I vote for the excuse machine having run out of ink.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Mercy, milord? Mercy?"
Posted by Snidget on 02-15-08 at 07:44 AM
No, not mercy for the Happy Shiny Loser Corp.

Obviously he had something against the limo driver.

It is just a really really really reeeeeeally long boardroom, just keep standing there with the camera on you and someone will be down, eventually. No you can't have a potty break or get a drink of water, you have to stand right there until I fire someone.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-15-08 at 09:53 AM
I was thinking he wanted to enjoy the moment when he could say Omarosa, Piers, Pierce, Press, whatever your name is.....You're fired. But then he messed that up when he flipped Marilu and Oma.

This season would have been so much better with Ramsey than with Piers. I don't even know why he's a "celebrity". The non-celebrity and the who?-celebrity are getting on my last nerve.

I've decided I'm buying Trace's cd's, just because.

An Icey Bouncey V-day Special

Posted by jbug on 02-15-08 at 02:32 PM
Let me know what your think of Trace after you hear him. kay?

I wonder what we would have seen from Piers had Omo not been on the show. He did still but heads with Baldwin - but some of that may have been cross-over from the tension of the other.

Posted by mysticwolf on 02-15-08 at 04:38 PM
We've decided we may pick up a Trace CD, too. And, neither of us listens to country music.

As I said in the O thread. Next week it's gonna come down to which team wins. With Piers & O on opposite teams Trump's guaranteed himself the chance to fire one of them. After last night I sincerely hope that they go alphabetically.

Tribe's beauty.

Posted by Misty365 on 02-21-08 at 10:36 AM
Trace is the only reason I am watching this. He appears to be staying true to who he is. I noticed 2 weeks ago when Piers was bashing O, Trace just sat back and did not participate. He is a true southern gentleman (and the sexy voice doesn't hurt).

Posted by aquariaqueen on 02-15-08 at 10:32 AM
This is why I hate the concept of raising money.....the team who deserved to win didn't get the contributions that the other team could. It wasn't about selling rides at all. I knew this aspect of the show would get old/unfair.

Empressario gave dozens of more rides. Hydra stagnated some of their carriages "just in case".

That's why I liked the Croc project so much more.

Posted by mindy23 on 02-15-08 at 10:40 AM
>This is why I hate the
>concept of raising money.....the team
>who deserved to win didn't
>get the contributions that the
>other team could.
>It wasn't about selling rides
>at all. I knew
>this aspect of the show
>would get old/unfair.
>
>Empressario gave dozens of more rides.
> Hydra stagnated some of
>their carriages "just in case".

So true, so very, very true! But, maybe the Donald really DOES have a heart, on Valentine's day, no less!!! HUH???

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-15-08 at 10:56 AM
Ditto, the raising of money with these people shows nothing but who knows richer people. Yawn.

An Icey Bouncey V-day Special

Posted by Cyndimaus on 02-15-08 at 11:02 AM
Exactly why I think it should have been based more on rides and less on amount of money. Yeah, give a $10,000 ride, that's normal business. How about the $10,000 ride from someone off the street....not calling people to come down. I know, they were raising money for charity. But have the winning team get a Trump donation for their charity along with what was raised so there isn't as much emphasis on the high-end donations and more on the actual performance of the teams.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

Posted by mattben on 02-15-08 at 04:36 PM
They shouldn't be allowed to pull in celebrity markers for air time and tax write offs.

Stand on your own, you C-list celibrities!

Posted by mysticwolf on 02-15-08 at 04:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-08 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

You may think it's getting old, but the network doesn't. His ratings slump has stopped and the numbers are rising (although nowhere near where they were in the beginning).

The network has announced that the show has already been picked up for another season. Another Celebrity season.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23130514/

Tribe's beauty.
ETA Link