URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 231
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Most boring episode yet..."

Posted by managerr on 11-22-01 at 06:58 PM
I can't help but think that this last episode was the most boring episode of the Amazing Race yet. Nothing happened. All the teams worked together, no drama, etc. The only thing part of the show that really had me interested was when I was wondering if Margarita could make it up the hill.

That got me thinking. The Race, by nature, eliminates all the dysfunctional teams. While the race is exciting, watching a lot of the dysfunctional teams like Amie and Paul; Lenny and Karyn; even Momily are what this show is all about. I like to see them miss clues, choose the wrong detour, whine about the Guidos, and wonder if another team will screw up worse than Momily. Kind of like Big Brother 1 where we voted off all the mean people and were left with a bunch of boring people at the end.

Anyway, the earlier episodes have got me hooked enough to where I care about the teams to want to know who wins. Still, if anyone watched last night's episode for the first time, I have to think that they won't be coming back.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Most boring episode yet..."
Posted by Loree on 11-22-01 at 11:42 PM
Part of the excitement was gone for me because I knew it wasn't going to be an elimination week. This show needs to kick off a couple every week. If they want a couple more episodes then maybe they should have started with a couple more teams. But these no elimination weeks seem rather pointless.