URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2301
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Well thank God it’s over!!!"

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-19-07 at 00:08 AM
The freak show is over. Now there can be a real American Idol contest!
I think that even Sanjaya is glad that he no longer America’s biggest joke.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Well thank God it’s over!!!"
Posted by 2Centz on 04-19-07 at 00:26 AM

Thanks for spoiling it, genius.

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-19-07 at 07:22 AM
>
>Thanks for spoiling it, genius.

I don’t think I spoiled it unless I miscalculated the time difference on the west coast but the show should have been over 23 minutes when I posted, they are only 3 hours behind, but if I did I am really sorry!!! Nothing I can do about that now! By the way thanks for calling me a “genius” , but I don’t think I’m really all THAT smart though, but you are close…LOL

Posted by agman on 04-19-07 at 05:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 06:11 PM (EST)

Too bad that you don't know that 10:00 plus 3 hours would have been 1:00 am Not 12:00 am. I guess you were more excited than you thought

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-19-07 at 11:41 PM
>LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07
>AT 09:18 PM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07
>AT 06:11 PM (EST)

>
>Too bad that you don't know
>that 10:00 plus 3 hours
>would have been 1:00 am
> Not 12:00 am.
>I guess you were more
>excited than you thought
>

Yeah I guess I was, however in my weak defense, I don’t think I spoiled it too bad because anyone that my thread could have spoiled it for, was watching the show at that time, not reading my post. Don’t ya think? Hope so anyway. Like I said, nothing I can do about that now.

Posted by iltarion on 04-19-07 at 00:32 AM
Well said!
I wouldn't say Sanjaya was glad based off his tears, but when he sang "let's give em something to talk about other than hair," he clearly showed he knew why he had made it that far. Props to him!
The sad thing is that Sanjaya could sing. Was he good enough to be the next American Idol? No. But you don't make it past that first rehearsal if you can't sing. It humors me how people go off about how some finalist can't sing, ei. Haley, Sanjaya, etc. They can all sing or they wouldn't be there. Some are just better than others.
And VFTW can now shut up and go play D&D in their basements. I can philosophically agree with what they are doing, but this isn't THEIR show! This is AMERICA'S show! And WE have SPOKEN!

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-19-07 at 06:47 AM
>Well said!
>I wouldn't say Sanjaya was glad
>based off his tears

Yes but that could have been tears of joy or relief…LOL
No you are probably right.

Posted by Fishercat on 04-19-07 at 09:34 AM
Or they'll pick someone else this Friday and keep voting, per usual. I think that's what they'll do.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-19-07 at 09:42 AM
VFTWers aren't Americans who have the same right to vote for a reality TV contestant as anybody else?! Who knew?

Posted by Snidget on 04-19-07 at 09:47 AM
*sits on the bench next to HD*

I may not agree with who someone votes for. I may not agree with the reasons they vote for them, but I will defend their right to vote for whatever reason they choose.

That a bunch of like-minded people get together and vote as a block is not the American way? Who knew?

Thanks to Scarlett O Hara for the memorial sig pic.

Posted by geg6 on 04-19-07 at 09:53 AM
Hell, I quit watching the show, but I voted with VFTW this season because I think it's funny.

And, shocking as it may seem, I don't have a basement. Nor do I play D&D.

*checks self for signs of geekdom*

Nope. Sorry.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Posted by Snidget on 04-19-07 at 09:59 AM
Not that there is anything wrong with that, I mean geekdom.

Thanks to Scarlett O Hara for the memorial sig pic.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-19-07 at 04:23 PM
>Well said!
>I wouldn't say Sanjaya was glad
>based off his tears, but
>when he sang "let's give
>em something to talk about
>other than hair," he clearly
>showed he knew why he
>had made it that far.
>Props to him!
>The sad thing is that Sanjaya
>could sing. Was he good
>enough to be the next
>American Idol? No. But you
>don't make it past that
>first rehearsal if you can't
>sing.
>

During the auditions, and Hollywood round, Sanjaya never impressed me as a good enough singer to make the Top 12, let alone the Top 7. And, Simon, according to comments he made at the end of several results shows, obviuosly didn't consider him a good singer, chalking up his continuing "safe" status to popularity among young girls. Why did Simon send Sanjaya to Hollywood? And, keep him there? I suspect he trusted the voters to see that Sanjaya wasn't good enough for a Top 12 spot. And, vote him off before things got that far.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 04-19-07 at 07:37 AM
Agreed. I felt bad for him but not enough for him to stay around. He's just a kid and I wonder how all this is going to effect him in the long run. (I cant help it Im a mom)

Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-19-07 at 08:05 AM
I have a hard time feeling bad for him. After all, he allowed this photo to be taken:

Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-19-07 at 09:19 AM
That picture would be particularly scary if he would have shaved!!! Most women aren't that pretty.

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-19-07 at 11:44 PM
>That picture would be particularly scary
>if he would have shaved!!!
> Most women aren't that
>pretty.
>
LOL

"I voted!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 04-19-07 at 10:30 AM
For the first time ever for a contestant. Yup it was for our boy Sanjaya. Too bad.

He was the best.contestant.ever.

I hope he outsells every Idol. Really is anyone interested in next week now? Anyone?

Who in their right mind would rather see Celine Dion?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

"RE: I voted!"
Posted by bullzeye on 04-19-07 at 12:38 PM
Really is anyone interested in next week now? Anyone?

That was my first thought last night as well. I really came around with this lad - hated him in the beginning, then realized that (a) it wasn't his fault that he was thrust into the spotlight, and (b) he took a bad situation and ran with it.

Just hand the prize to Melinda and let's get on with out lives.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by cahaya on 04-20-07 at 00:25 AM
My sentiments exactly.

Here, I'll give due credit to Sanjaya for the way he handled the spotlight although he was way out of his league. He did develop a genuine fan base, and he could even take a crack at being a modern teeny-bopper style minor hit. With a some voice training, he could go places. I think he handled himself quite well, especially for his young age and inexperience.

Foo dogs by tribe.

Melinda is not in a tier her own, she's in a tiara her own!

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-19-07 at 05:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-07 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

>For the first time ever for
>a contestant. Yup it
>was for our boy Sanjaya.
> Too bad.
>
>
>He was the best.contestant.ever.
>
>I hope he outsells every Idol.
> Really is anyone interested
>in next week now?
>Anyone?
>

Now that all the "dregs" have been skimmed off: only the good singers remain; and I won't have to endure any more Gina, Haley or Sanjaya; I'm more interested in AI than ever.

>
>Who in their right mind would
>rather see Celine Dion?
>

Millions, including my husdand and me

Posted by zombiebaby on 04-19-07 at 05:47 PM
That's fine if that is what you like and why you watch the show. We just have different reasons for watching and musical tastes.

To me this show does not have any singers that I would listen too let alone even buy any records. Same goes for most of the guest mentors.

Sanjaya was funny cheese. The rest? Just plain boring, cliched cheese.

*shrugs* I include Celine Dion in the boring cheese group. YMMV

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

Posted by frankz on 04-19-07 at 06:33 PM
After 3 edits you still didn't spell husband correctly? Nuff said. Different strokes. Call me Simon.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you." Frank Z

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-19-07 at 11:53 PM

>I'm more interested in AI
>than ever.
>
>>
>>Who in their right mind would
>>rather see Celine Dion?

I'm with you on that,YankeeDixieDoodle

Posted by agman on 04-19-07 at 07:52 PM
I'm sorry Sanjaya didn't last for you to keep you entertained. Here's something to remember him by

Posted by zombiebaby on 04-20-07 at 08:03 AM
Thanks Agman! This kid just cracks me up!

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-19-07 at 11:28 PM
>Agreed. I felt bad for him
>but not enough for him
>to stay around. He's just
>a kid and I wonder
>how all this is going
>to effect him in the
>long run. (I cant help
>it Im a mom)

Don’t feel too bad mom! If you really want to know how this will affect this poor kid, I will tell you, he well get filthy rich from all this attention. Now that’s the sad part!!! Others that were voted off that were much, much better than he ever could be, should have enjoyed the spotlight that he took up all because some people thought it would funny to keep him on the show.

"and Thank God I didn't look her before the show ended ..."
Posted by priestdi on 04-19-07 at 11:36 AM

do the math.

you posted after midnight EST?

well guess what.

the show starts at 9, ends at 10.

10 plus three hours is 1 a.m.

And I personally am disappointed. He was the only interesting thing that show had to offer the last few weeks, for me anyway. yes some people sing well, melinda especially. but he's the only one who made me wonder what's he gonna do tonight.

and usually the only one I remembered the next day.

"RE: and Thank God I didn't look her before the show ended ..."
Posted by agman on 04-19-07 at 05:59 PM
LOL well put!!!!!

A snidget original

Posted by loyd6785 on 04-20-07 at 00:13 AM
>LOL well put!!!!!
>
>
> A snidget
>original

OK, OK, people I did the #$%@ math!!! I WAS WRONG, AND I’M SORRY, Like you guys, anyone that this post could have spoiled it for, was watching the show at that time, not reading threads,
Now can we please move on?

Posted by priestdi on 04-20-07 at 01:28 AM

I appreciate the apology.

really.

but no, the first post here was from someone in the Pacific time zone who was reading while watching.

and i've done that too in the past ... read along with the party, as the show progressed.

but now you know, right? lol. for next time.

"Stop it. Now."
Posted by Bebo on 04-20-07 at 10:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-07 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

These forums are not for criticizing other posters - they are for discussion of the show. Read our guidelines.

If you have an issue with someone's post, the proper way to handle it is to alert the moderators and let us handle it. Bashing them for it within a thread? Not proper. Debating whether or not things were done correctly? Not proper. Egging on other posters who are involved in such a debate? Not proper.

Consider this a warning for all three of you.