URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 229
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Idols Policy"

Posted by Shanti on 09-02-04 at 11:38 PM
Is it permitted for a person who already release several single album to take part in Idols competition? The first Indonesian Idol to be already release 15 albums (ethnic songs + 1 popular song + Religious song).

Waiting for conception of the world.......

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Idols Policy"
Posted by strid333 on 09-03-04 at 03:46 PM
I think the competition rules are different from country to country. I know that American Idol used to be 16-24 and it appears they just changed it to 16-28. Canadian Idol has always been 16-28 (if I remember correctly and I can't seem to find the rules on the website at the moment). I think some of the countries have different rules according to having pre-existing recording contracts. I'm not sure if it bothers me. I want a good person to win, so if they already have experience, kudos to them.

Three is the perfect number.

"RE: Idols Policy"
Posted by Shanti on 09-05-04 at 10:38 PM
But, don't you think it means not appropriate with "From Zero to Hero"? Seems like for the second Indo Idol competition, committe won't allow person who already release album(s) to take part. So, I think this is quite unfair.
I really need to know the rightness of this matter. Can somebody give me Simon Cowell's e-mail address?