URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 229
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I knew it was Ruben..."

Posted by ElroyJetson on 05-22-03 at 08:24 AM
...when that RCA executive came out to present the platinum record to Kelly. Someone will have to check the tape, but he said something like "America should be proud that Ruben <pause for a couple seconds> OR CLAY is the American idol." At that point I looked at my kids and said "Ruben won." Can anyone get his direct quote?

Also, at about 9:30 or so Ryan let it slip. Not sure what the exact quote but again I was like, "It's Ruben."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I knew it was Ruben..."
Posted by BriarRosie on 05-22-03 at 08:46 AM
I knew Ruben won when he came out to sing "Flying Without Wings" the first time around before the announcement, and Clay didn't get to sing his first single.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

Posted by casual labor on 05-22-03 at 10:20 AM
I knew it was going to be Ruben when the local news promo came on around 9:30. The newsreader said..."coming up at 10, your new american idol"....then a 1/2 second clip of Ruben showed up. Whoever edited the tape didn't cut it off soon enough.

The vote was so close maybe Clay shouldn't concede until they count the votes in Florida one more time for good measure.

Posted by minitroll on 05-22-03 at 01:55 PM
LMAO Elroy, I noticed the same thing. As soon as the RCA exec said that, I looked at Mr. Mintroll and said "He just gave it away, Ruben won."