URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2288
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Donald a Quitter?"

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-21-07 at 09:53 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-apprentice-star-donald-trump-nbc-you-cant-fire-me-i-quit-5200.php

Isn't that hypocritical? I mean how many times had we heard Donald go off on quitters on this show.

Myself, I still enjoyed the Apprentice. SUre the ratings were not as good as they had been, but this show was getting jerked around I enjoyed the format of the show. My only real beef was that sometimes the cast the contestents for shock value more than for who are teh best 16 people out there. I really think if you take 16 type 'a' personalities you do not need to do stunt casting.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Donald a Quitter?"
Posted by flystorms on 05-21-07 at 11:50 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that article, Wacko! It's especially ironic considering how he chided the one contestant this year so much about her quitting. What a jerk. I'm a reality addict, but have to admit that I can barely stand his pompus butt anymore. Who needs another season of him?

Posted by maryellennaco on 05-21-07 at 12:17 PM
I wonder if the NBC gods said, "You're FIRED!" like The Trumpster did with that hand thing. Wouldn't it have been fun to be a fly on the wall during THAT meeting??

Posted by Ricky on 05-22-07 at 08:49 AM
The article also says...

Last month, Burnett had all but dared NBC not to renew The Apprentice and boldly declared that he would take the show to another network if NBC decided not to order a seventh edition.

So there's a small chance we'll see it return.

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-22-07 at 09:34 AM
I thought the same thing, but think it would've been easier for Trump to take the show else where if he was fired rather than quit.

Still how is Trump going to make his speech about quitting the next time someone does...basically stuff like there is nothing worse than a quiter....blah blah blah. He loses creditability.

Posted by amea_gari on 06-08-07 at 08:23 PM
I couldn't dislike or despise Trump more, but how is he quitting? He's deciding not to make another season of a faltering TV show. TV series have to end sometime (unless they're ER). So...I don't get the parallel that everyone, and this article, are drawing.
Sure, no one can expect him to be up front about why he's not continuing the show. He tenaciously held to the delusion that the Apprentice was a hit long after it had ceased to be viable in the ratings. He's a hypocrite in numerous and ridiculous ways-- but this doesn't qualify as quitting.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 06-11-07 at 04:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-07 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

Ok, this is how the comparison holds true. NBC decided not to include The Apprentice on it’s 2007 fall tv schedule. They said it did not mean that the show was cancelled but that they just had not decided what to do with it. The fate of the show did not look good with NBC. So Trump rather than be cancelled (fired) decided to quit first. Remember this past season when Michelle quit before Donald had the chance to fire her and he gave that big speech about being a quiter….you know you should never give up blah blah blah. Michelle’s goose was cooked and so was Trumps. I just find it very hypocritical.

In the end this all may not matter because NBC asked for additional time and Donald gave them the extra time. Turns out one of the key decision makers is new at NBC. Looks like a good sign for the show.

What really gets me are all these people that want to come to message boards and bash shows. If you are not interested in this show then why come to a messageboard and bash it? I never understand that logic

Posted by amea_gari on 06-13-07 at 07:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-07 AT 07:24 PM (EST)

I've been coming to this forum to talk about the show since Season one. After Season two, when I lost interest, I barely dropped by. But my initial interest in the show keeps me curious as to how things stand with it.
Obviously if I am coming to this board, I have some interest in reading about the show or people's opinions. I don't see the puzzle there.
What gets to ME are the people who questions others' reasons and rights to be on a forum discussing a show. It's not like I came here to chat about Regis. I'm discussing Trump and the show. That may include opinions about the show being crap, and that doesn't make them less legitimate. People like to talk about things they despise as well as things they admire.

As to the show itself, it became boring and pathetic. Believe me, I don't spend any time on forums about shows I have never watched. I did, however, used to have an interest in this show, so some lingering curiosity is natural.