URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2285
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New Show Casting Call - Utopia"

Posted by udg on 03-26-14 at 02:06 PM
Ran across this on Facebook.

http://utopiatvcasting.com/how-to-audition

ABOUT
Have you ever felt dissatisfied with the society you're living in? Do you have what it takes to create a better one?

FOX’s new unscripted social experiment series “UTOPIA” is searching for candidates to build a whole new world -- just the way they want it! Nationwide casting is now underway. We’re seeking motivated and adventurous pioneers who have the ideas, skills, and determination to create and run their own ideal society.

“UTOPIA” follows 15 inhabitants as they leave their everyday lives to move to an isolated and undeveloped location – for up to an entire year – where they'll create their own world. The series offers imaginative people from across America the chance to be part of a groundbreaking social experiment – the pioneers will make every decision about how they will live, work, and what the rules and laws of “UTOPIA” will be.

CASTING is searching for candidates who are passionate, great at what they do, and also have the problem-solving skills needed for starting up a new society. If you think you have what is takes to create Utopia, then click on the Apply Now button.

Will you be chosen?

Also of note, they're talking about filming taking up to a whole year, and they're having casting calls at events like the Boston Marathon, a sheep shearing festival, a horse fair, and a science & engineering festival.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!
Didn't they do this show before with kids?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New Show Casting Call - Utopia"
Posted by kidflash212 on 04-03-14 at 12:35 PM
A year? So cast members would be giving up their jobs, homes, possibly loved ones to be on the show? Too big a risk.

Tribe!

Posted by udg on 04-04-14 at 00:19 AM
Well, I couldn't do it, but I'm sure there are plenty of unemployed singles or couples who might be interested.

I don't think it's possible to create a realistic mock society without children, however, so I doubt I'll watch.

Posted by starshine on 04-06-14 at 12:31 PM
Only if I can be chief and can decree that anyone with a silly name is sent home immediately.

Think less "rule of law" and more "cult" with me as leader

Posted by udg on 04-06-14 at 02:39 PM
Eternity, Cheese, Panda, and Loveena just teamed up to kick you off the island.

Then the SS Osten came to pick up Chow.

Posted by kidflash212 on 04-07-14 at 07:41 AM
My cousin just had his first son and gave him a silly name. It is so weird to see how everyone has a moment of silence while they try to figure out what to say. The poor kid is now saddled with the name River which gets even worse because the last name is Berry.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 12:56 PM
Yes, but that name just kinda flows!

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:23 PM