URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2279
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SO, Trump is choosing his Apprentice based on LAST NIGHT???"

Posted by mistyrose52 on 04-16-07 at 10:50 AM
Wow, this really IS lame!! They do a commercial about smelly spray stuff and THAT'S the Apprentice Hook??

What? No Olympian/Herculian tasks or feats of grandiose? I'm totally shocked/awed and disappointed!

I can't believe this! His budget must be way down there, below Rosie's this year!! He must be borrowing from his kids to even be putting on this year's Apprentice!!

I mean, think of it: When you do a commercial for someone-THEY PAY YOU! HA! Talk about being one smart man! He gets the residuals from Spray and Smell or whatever that was, plus he gets to hire someone based on their direction and editing of said commercial. Wow. We should all be so lucky.

In that respect-I must confess: my head is spinning! I can't even begin to imagine who would be up for the next Apprentice title based on what the 4 of them did last night! I think it was basically equal, IMHO, anyway.

What do YOU ALL THINK???

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: SO, Trump is choosing his Apprentice based on LAST NIGHT???"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-16-07 at 04:37 PM
It was really a disappointment. I likeed the final task idea also. Last night I knew soemthing was up with they brought back those 4 people with what I thought was the second from final task. If they did not want a final task they should've at least had the job interview with people Trump admired and than wittled it down to two.

Posted by Rayalight on 04-16-07 at 10:56 PM
Got to agree with you both it was a real let down!

I'm Rooting for Stephanie. Nicole's voice drives me nuts I want to cough everytime I listen to her. Frank is good but not good enough and James is bland.

Plus am I the only one who things Tim did the right thing not standing up for Nicole when the split came? If he had they would have siad he let a relationship get in the way of the job interview. Plus what was he gonna do against his team mates. Come on Trumpy lets get real.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-17-07 at 11:56 AM
>Got to agree with you both
>it was a real let
>down!
>
>I'm Rooting for Stephanie. Nicole's
>voice drives me nuts I
>want to cough everytime I
>listen to her. Frank
>is good but not good
>enough and James is bland.
>
>
>Plus am I the only one
>who things Tim did the
>right thing not standing up
>for Nicole when the split
>came? If he had
>they would have siad he
>let a relationship get in
>the way of the job
>interview. Plus what was
>he gonna do against his
>team mates. Come on
>Trumpy lets get real.

I agree with you about the Tim thing also. I think Tim did a great job of not letting the relationship effect his performance. He was in a no win situation...unfortunately Tim could not realize that getting into a relationship was a bad move if he wanted to win....though ironically.....Sean was in a relationship also.

As for Stephani, I want her to win but I think she is more 'bland' than James. You must mean bland interms of being indifferent towards james.

Posted by Loree on 04-17-07 at 03:03 PM
They are trying to get this trainwreck off the air as soon as possible. So they are rushing to the end. I don't think Trump wants any of these people working for him. He is probably going to listen to whatever the audience wants. Then he will hire that person hoping to at least please the few fans he has left. He can't risk alienating everyone by hiring someone the public doesn't want. So it didn't matter what happened in that final task. He will hire the one that seems the most popular with the public. The producers have probably been doing polls and checking message boards, etc. to see who would be the most popular Apprentice.

Posted by Rayalight on 04-17-07 at 03:50 PM
Hmmm I never thought of that. I wonder if this is the last apprentice then....shame cos it started out so good.

I have to admit the tent thing was a real turn off for me. Part of the show is the high life they will experience working for him, being losers and plonked in the tents just didnt work for me. Stick to what you know Don and leave survivor to the pros.

"I beg to differ"
Posted by Ricky on 04-17-07 at 03:50 PM
I actually think the creating a commercial task was a good idea (it must be good, they already did it once this season). It was something that was totally within the teams control, and for once they were provided with real resources (actors, editors, etc.) to help do the job.

I also think the final four (rather than just two) is a good idea. Not sure how he'll decide the winner but it might be interesting.

Although I do agree with Wacko Jacko’s comment:
“If they did not want a final task they should've at least had the job interview with people Trump admired and than wittled it down to two.”

He did do that during one of the previous seasons and it seemed to be more effective than any of the silly non job related challenges that they do.

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

"RE: I beg to differ"
Posted by AshLanie on 04-18-07 at 07:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 07:46 AM (EST)

Tagging On:

Was it last year of the year before it seem Trump wanted to hire two...something about asking the final winner if he (The winner) would hire so and so? Or am I way of base here?

With that in mind, if I am right about that, maybe Trump is thinking of hiring one of the two teams or maybe one from each team?

Hiring two would (In the shows thinking) maybe end the season on a decent note?

"RE: I beg to differ"
Posted by Loree on 04-18-07 at 08:23 AM
Yes, the year he hired Randall he asked Randall if he should also hire the other finalist (a female whose name escapes me now). But Randall told Trump NO. Donald seemed to really like both and was hoping to please everyone. But Randall did not want to share his win.

So Donald might very well hire an Apprentice team this year rather than one person. Especially if he thinks it would be the popular decision.

"RE: final 4"
Posted by prosecutor on 04-18-07 at 10:28 AM
I agree Ashlanie. I was thinking the same thing when I watched that episode. could not stand to watch every week so don't really know the contestants. But based on the final 4 this would be the perfect opportunity for Trump to hire 2 people.

"RE: final 4"
Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 04-18-07 at 11:08 AM
Well, that season, Randall and Rebecca were exceptionally strong candidates....this season....he can barely get one good candidate. This is not the season to hire 2. I just can't see how he can in any conceivable way hire Frank or Nicole. They are just so annoying.
I like the commercial thing, but not as the final task....first of all, how does it translate into being a real estate executive? Being a film director and an exec for Trump are completely different skills. I'm pretty sure that Trump hismelf couldn't write and direct a decent mini-movie.

I agree on the tent thing. For some reason, the tent thing works great on Survivor, but not great here. Here, it seems more contrived. On Survivor, it seems to flow more naturally with the tribal themes. They should have stuck to the wealth and power fantasies created by the original show. Will this show survive past this season? I liked the first season...and L.A. seems like the perfect place for the show....but, somehow this season never quite put it together.

Off topic: I find it ironic how Frank and the team made Surya out to be this cerebral incompetent guy, yet Surya was on the top of their lists to bring back. It was just jealousy in the beginning. They couldn't handle giving him credit, so that had to cut him down.

Posted by Palm Tree on 04-18-07 at 02:19 PM
Agree 100% on your post. One can think that to make this the last "challenge" before chosing the "winner(s)" is probably due to poor ratings and for lack of interest in this season.

My pick is James for his performance all along, and because he came from many nights at the "tents" (kind of the underdog) sort of like in "survivor" here, he stood above it all, least desirable sorroundings, challenges, and contestants as well.

I don't have an idea of what is in the producers/Trump minds, maybe they will have two "apprentices", hmmm, my own dream/desire ending~ Trump: "....YOU ARE ALL FIRED, even ME and this whole apprentice show" LOL

This was the worse season EVER, and I don't feel sorry for anyone that was "fired" as anything in this season cannot really show who is fit to take care of an apprentiship at any business place. They all can be happy, they will have their 15 minutes of fame and will get far with anything they want for themsefs. The one who "quit" was the really "smart" one for me, even thou she cut down her own 15 minutes of fame ... or did she?

*Sighs* guess we just have to wait to see the finale after all, and end the pain of watching this train wreak of a "reality show"...for now?

Posted by iltarion on 04-18-07 at 06:48 PM
I agree with everyone who has said that having the commercial for the final task is completely lame.
I like the "make a commercial" task, but not for the final task. The final task should be running an event like they have done in the past. Running an event shows real leadership, organizational skills, planning, and decision-making under pressure. That is what being The Apprentice is all about, not how well you can direct and edit a commercial.
I think it is obvious that James and Stephani are both going to be hired. Afterall, how can Trump hire one without the other? Though their commercial was decent, the execs appeared more impressed by the James/Stephani team than by Nicole/Frank.
Personally, I would say Nicole and Frank are the worst candidates to ever make the final four. The fact that a sophmoric floozy like Nicole is even being considered for the position shows how badly this season has missed. I believe Frank and James were both unprofessional to Michelle and Surya. They acted like fratboy jerks to both of them, and I can't see either being the Apprentice. Frank is a suck-up and a loudmouth, and I think the fact that he is from Brooklyn is about the only thing he has going for him in Trump's eyes. James is not as bad, and as I said, I think he and Stephani will both be hired. But personally I would pick just Stephani because she has been the only consistently professional member of Arrow.

Posted by Rayalight on 04-18-07 at 11:25 PM
Just jumping back to the Randall and Rebecca thing on this thread.

I thought he (Randall) was a total &^%t for saying "this is the apprentice not the Apprenties" (sp?)so that Rebecca couldnt be hired too. But looking back I think maybe he was over thinking things and if he had told trumpy that Rebecca was strong too, Trumpy might have overturned his win and given it to Rebecca. Like if he didnt fight to the very end, there would be a twist at his expense. Or perhaps he thought hed have to share the car, which incidently didnt show up on that Apprentice, which was a bummer thats the coolest bit of the show.

Personally I thought Rebecca was a nicer all round person and Randall kinda made himself into a brat when he said no but thats just my opinion.

They need to do something to Jazz up this season, its been a real let down so far!

Posted by Rayalight on 04-18-07 at 11:31 PM
Oooh I meant to add...

I had really liked Randall right up to that point.

As for them bringing Suraya back, what were they thinking!!!!???Seriously Suraya is freaky looking, those bug eyes really make him look crazy, he makes my skin crawl. I dunno what it is, but he wigs me out big time!

Does anyone else think that Nicole looks and sounds (husky)like Demi Moore? Trouble is I want to cough for her every time she speaks...(Personally I think she knows it and plays on it).

Posted by mistyrose52 on 04-19-07 at 10:24 AM
>Oooh I meant to add...
>
>I had really liked Randall right
>up to that point.
>
>As for them bringing Suraya back,
>what were they thinking!!!!???Seriously Suraya
>is freaky looking, those bug
>eyes really make him look
>crazy, he makes my skin
>crawl. I dunno what
>it is, but he wigs
>me out big time!
>
>Does anyone else think that Nicole
>looks and sounds (husky)like Demi
>Moore? Trouble is I
>want to cough for her
>every time she speaks...(Personally I
>think she knows it and
>plays on it).

You guys are too funny! Love the cough thing, the buggy-eyed Surya, and your thoughts about Randall and Rebecca!! Especially like that ending where Trump says, 'we're ALL fired!!'

That would be way cool-could almost top the ending of "The Bob Newhart Show"-almost, but not really...

Posted by qwertypie on 04-19-07 at 05:36 PM
Gawd - that was good, wasn't it?

Posted by cambo on 04-20-07 at 12:48 PM
I was waiting for the huge final task myself. I don't know how Nicole made it to the final four. In my opinion, she's nothing but a good old-fashioned BSer.

As for Randall, I think people are being a bit harsh on his decision to not share his winning. No one would ask the winner of the U.S. Open or any other individual sport to share their win.

Posted by Vixxxen on 04-20-07 at 04:02 PM
IMO Frank James Stephanie and Nicole all suck. NONE OF THEM are of the same calibre as the previous winners. They haven't proven themselves at all. They have only shown themselves to work together and not lead a group. James is the only one to show leadership skills and intelligence but he hasn't won very many challenges. Stephanie what has she done? Nicole isn't a leader and let romance get in the way again having her bf on the last episode. Frank is good as a foreman on the construction but in the office making major business decisions? Uh no I don't think so.

The Previous winners all had an event to manage on the final episode and it proved they were the Apprentice. They haven't proven anything except how to do a good pamphlet for a company.

What a major disappointment.

Posted by Loree on 04-21-07 at 11:00 AM
The interesting thing this season is that they have never had to be totally responsible for any task themselves. Quite often the PM on winning challenges was not the one that really did the job that won the challenge. And at the final challenge they were split in pairs to co-manage the task. How can Trump be sure who deserves to be the Apprentice when they could easily hide behind other players during the show. It has made the contestants all seem less qualified than past seasons. The 4 in the final were living in the loser's backyard more often than not this season. What does that say? Not to mention they left the backyard looking like a pig sty which the others always had to clean after they went out there. How could these 4 be the best?

Posted by Rayalight on 04-21-07 at 11:59 PM
You know I see your point about the Randall thing and him not sharing his spotlight, I hadnt thought about it like that. He shouldnt have been put in that position to being with. Good Point!

As for the final four they really do suck!