URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2275
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Capture."

Posted by Estee on 07-31-13 at 10:42 AM
This is one of the rare times when a series lost me during the Season Preview segment. Admittedly, they were barely hanging onto my audience share before that. The premise wasn't horrible. Some of the execution needed work (so much land to search, no way to get back off the radar once spotted). But as the show wore on, cracks began to appear.

The host was a major problem, and all of it was attitude. 'You're freezing. You're starving. Not only do I not care, but I hope one of you dies because it'll spike our ratings. And now back to my nice warm hotel.'

The voting system was predictable.

The short rations for this kind of game were just stupid.

And then they ran the preview segment. Multiple injuries for a game that said it doesn't care about player health. Clear looks at just who winds up being captured. And those scant food rations being openly destroyed by other teams in order to starve the competition.

Sorry, but I'm at my limits for producer-encouraged sadism. You have not captured my interest. G'bye.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Capture."
Posted by udg on 08-06-13 at 05:05 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that the producers read Hunger Games and went, "Wow! What a great idea for a TV show?"

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 04:59 PM
Yep! Reminds me of the show different worlds

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:41 PM
Does it?