URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2272
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"HGTV & Food Network Star"

Posted by udg on 06-20-13 at 04:54 PM
They don't deserve their own threads, but anyone else watching?

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Of course I'm watching!"
Posted by jbug on 06-21-13 at 10:16 AM
I might learn something....not to do

On Food Network Star, if they had not gotten rid of the "funny voice" dead no energy woman, I might have had to quit watching tho. Too too boring! & I hated her voice; it was irritating.

The weird crazy hair guy on HGTV Star is a bit too out there...
I think they are just keeping him for the fun of him...

"FNS - Movie edition"
Posted by udg on 06-25-13 at 12:15 PM
I'm only about 10 min into the episode, and I'm dying laughing!

"Let's do a spaghetti western!"
"What's a spaghetti western?"
"Um, uh..."

"You need to e-noun-ciate."

"He's like a stiff, robotic Fabio."

And the "music"! OMG, my EARS!

"RE: HGTV & Food Network Star"
Posted by samboohoo on 06-27-13 at 09:31 AM
I am watching, just a little behind.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:44 PM
I'm way behind!

Posted by Bebo on 07-04-13 at 11:18 AM
Must-watches in my house.

Stacy on Food Network Star was on Restaurant Impossible. Unlike a lot of the folks who appear on that show, she was sweet, gracious, and all around lovely. Mr. B and I have been cheering for her since we found out she was going to be on the show.

On HGTV Star, I have been pleasantly surprised by Brooks. He looks so wild that I was expecting him to be overly wacky in his choices. And when he said he taught others, I was really concerned. But I'm really liking him so far. I thought the stripes he did for the rental apartment were terrific, and it was a no-brainer that he and Tiffany won that challenge. I hope he can improve on the camera challenges, because I really like his style. But hats off to Jerebai for pulling off the backsplash in his kitchen.

I have been mocking the editing, though, because both shows usually give the first confessional to the one soon to go. And HGTV Star still foreshadows ousters for self-proclaimed experts. In the loft challenge, I knew Jessie was a goner as soon as she pointed out how she has done so may lofts that she's going to do a terrific job.

Posted by udg on 07-07-13 at 00:19 AM
Brooks is my FAVORITE. DD thinks she recognizes Abby from White Room Challenge.

Posted by jbug on 07-08-13 at 02:45 PM
FoodNetworkStar: Stacey's smile is a bit too fake for me; I'm sure she is really smiling but it's just too forced.

HGTVStar: Boris's smile was worse than Stacey's. I could never watch that face on a tv show regularly.

"HGTV Carpenters"
Posted by udg on 07-15-13 at 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the carpenter/handy(wo)man who executed Brooks' nose-cone chair was Cija. I've seen her on Fleamarket Flip and she also was the assistant for the (winning) sorority team last week. I think I'm a fan. I'd like to see more of her.

I liked the idea of a bus challenge. I wish there had been more of a focus on functionality, but I'm also intrigued by the Tiny House movement, and I like the idea of a converted bus for that purpose.

"Food Network Star Final 3"
Posted by udg on 08-06-13 at 01:43 PM
Well, they canned Stacey. I was kind of surprised. I think she'd do well as a host, better than Pie Guy (who has a great premise but needs a speech coach to teach him enunciation!) or Sins Guy (who seems too shy in front of the camera).

OTOH, it made my choice easy. I gave all my votes to Damaris. She's got a fun personality and an interesting show idea. Hers is the only show I'd actually watch.

"RE: Food Network Star Final 3"
Posted by samboohoo on 08-07-13 at 09:23 AM
I too was surprised at the Russell over Stacey pick. I think this was the weakest group we've ever had. And I think it will be between Damaris & Rodney. The pilot was the first of Rodney's that I really enjoyed - perhaps maybe even more than Damaris.

I have no interest at all in Russell or his sins.

Speaking of Russell, did anyone else think that Suzie was totally captivated by him during the pitch? I think the "sin" thing grabbed her, and I don't think food was on her mind at all.

Also, whatever happened to Justin from last year? That show never happened.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by dajaki on 08-12-13 at 06:48 PM
Russell is beyond creepy and reminded me of immature twits who think they can get by on charm and eyebrow wiggling. Unfortunately, Rodney just couldn't put together enough content to build a show (although I love me some pie and could eat it daily). Rodney also seemed to lack cooking chops. Glad Damaris won.

Posted by JessicaRN on 08-13-13 at 07:54 PM
I found both of the guys kind of off-putting. Their personalities seemed too contrived. The words that they didn't want Rodney to keep using were the same words that Guy Fieri uses.

Damaris was a good pick. Perhaps the Food Network has a gap in the Charming, Goofy Southern Cooking POV.

The network executive, Susie, looked like she was wearing a fancy dress from a closet of a Sister Wife. Of course, who would want to be standing on the same stage as Giada. (Giada annoys me, though)

What happened to the quirky hipster from last season? I would have thought he would have hung around.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 05:15 PM
agreed, Russell is a major creep! At least that's what I've heard. I've never watched the show to know for sure.