URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2271
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Whodunnit"

Posted by frankz on 06-20-13 at 02:54 PM
I’m not sure what to think of this. It might be good but will probably be dumb. I thought it might be something like the Mole but looks like it’s nothing more than a murder mystery produced by the CSI folks. I’ll give it a chance. Besides, the article says it’s “a much anticipated new type of reality television (fiction) series.” They wouldn’t lie, would they?

Starts 6-23-13.

http://www.examiner.com/article/whodunnit-premieres-on-abc-sunday-reality-murder-mystery-awaits

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you." FZ

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Whodunnit"
Posted by Estee on 06-20-13 at 06:29 PM
I'm not in love with the timeslot: Sundays at nine in the summer isn't a burnoff slot, but it's not that far off from it either. Then again, ABC's never known how to treat any competition show which didn't have a public vote attached...

I'll give it a chance, but I'm not sure it'll make it to Episode #4.

"bump"
Posted by dabo on 06-23-13 at 02:15 PM
Starts tonight.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 06-23-13 at 08:07 PM
My stepson and I both thought it was similar to The Mole also.
We'll be watching!

Posted by Estee on 06-23-13 at 09:44 PM
Did anyone else almost forget what it was like to have a show challenging them to think?

"I'm in."
Posted by Estee on 06-23-13 at 10:02 PM
I just hope it gets all the way through its season.

Oh, and doesn't start to svck.

"RE: I'm in."
Posted by dabo on 06-23-13 at 10:19 PM
Needs to get better, but off to a reasonable start. Glad victim #2 was who it was, because otherwise that was the worst moling ever.

Posted by personofinterest on 06-25-13 at 04:15 PM
And it led to Dante's (Dontae's) Inferno!

Posted by mrc on 06-24-13 at 01:26 PM
I liked it.

(She drowned. Really? REALLY?))

A Slice of Manga

Posted by frankz on 06-25-13 at 07:44 PM
I was finally able to watch, it has potential. I’m enjoying it so far.

So have they said if the murderer knows who they are, ala The Mole? I would assume they would have to tell the murderer but I don’t remember hearing. How much collusion is involved?

Posted by dabo on 06-25-13 at 11:24 PM
I would assume that the Killer has advance knowledge of how the murders were/will be committed, and is following some scripted directions, at least when to disappear and when not. Whether he/she is actively moling, don't know.

Be careful what you consider as clues, though. The left-handed (or ambidextrous) actor in the crime scene re-enactments is not the Killer, which is something revealed on one of the ABC site pages. Only three people in production knew the identity of the Killer, they did some things in order to preserve that secret from those not in the loop, so they hired an actor to film those scenes.

"The usual suspects"
Posted by dabo on 06-24-13 at 11:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-13 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

ABC site.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit

Be careful, network monkeys in control.

-----

Victim #1, Sheri (28 CA), Bartender, former NFL Cheerleader, future Actress in a Minor Role.

Victim #2, Dontae (27 CA), Insurance Investigator.

-----

Remaining Suspects

Adrianna (40 OK) Crime Reporter.

Cris (27 CA) Business Manager, former Beauty Queen (Miss Nevada 2010).

Dana (39 NC) Cardiac Nurse.

Don (62 CA) Private Investigator, former Homicide Detective.

Geno (33 IL) Bar Trivia Host (whatever that is).

Kam (30 NY) Homeland Security Attorney.

Lindsey (27 MA) Engineer.

Melina (29 IL) Flight Attendant.

Ronnie (42 NJ) Private Investigator, Bounty Hunter.

Sasha (28 DC) Journalist.

Ulysses (30 PA) Attorney.

-----

Host

Gildart Jackson, aka Giles.

-----

Killer Double

Walker Haynes

"RE: The usual suspects"
Posted by udg on 06-27-13 at 01:03 PM
First criticism: The guy who plays Giles needs to go online yesterday(!) and buy all the Jeeves & Wooster audiobooks. He's not modern enough to be a modern butler and not formally awesome enough to be Jeeves.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!
Very good, sir.

Posted by mikey on 06-27-13 at 10:24 AM
I have a couple of technical questions for those who may have been paying attention more than I did:

1. The first deceased, Sheri -- was she actually a contestant who lost somehow, or was it arranged in advance that she would not actually compete for the prize?

2. Are they going to tell us every week who did the best on the quiz and also who that person thought was the killer? That would seem to give it away well before the finale.

3. Do they plant clues to the actual identity of the killer as opposed to just how the murder was committed? Or is the only clue the other contestants' possible flubs in the investigation?

Posted by dabo on 06-27-13 at 12:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-13 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

1. The first deceased, Sheri -- was she actually a contestant who lost somehow, or was it arranged in advance that she would not actually compete for the prize?

I'm pretty certain Sheri was planted designated first victim, breaking the champagne glass was in the script.

2. Are they going to tell us every week who did the best on the quiz and also who that person thought was the killer? That would seem to give it away well before the finale.

I would say that Sasha did best on the quiz week one, the reveal at the dinner table is used to show who does best at the quiz each week. This is in keeping with the format, that "the Killer" is intentionally seeking out the most worthy adversary amongst the players. On the ABC site they do reveal the killer guesses (though it took the monkeys almost a day to get the page right week 1): http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-one

Adrianna - Dontae
Cris - Adrianna
Dana - Adrianna
Don - Dana
Dontae - Adrianna
Geno - Kam
Kam - Geno
Lindsey - Cris
Melina - Cris
Ronnie - Dontae
Sasha - Adrianna
Ulysses - Dontae

3. Do they plant clues to the actual identity of the killer as opposed to just how the murder was committed? Or is the only clue the other contestants' possible flubs in the investigation?

There are supposedly some clues planted as to the identity of "the Killer" for the observant viewer. I haven't followed that stuff up (check the Twitter material under Social at the website http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/social-scene ) because I thought it too cryptic and deceptive. Rather, follow the action in the episodes, "the Killer" is to some extent also working off a script and will (I assume) become more of a Mole as the show progresses, get more into character.

Posted by dabo on 06-27-13 at 02:31 PM
Sheri's twitter

https://twitter.com/sheri_marsh1

Becca ‏@ciaimpala 23 Jun
@sheri_marsh1 I've been trying to figure out, did you know you were going to "die" right away? were you brought on for that purpose?

Sheri Marsh‏@sheri_marsh1 24 Jun
@ciaimpala Yes I was, I knew but the rest of the cast didn't! #secretcontestant #surprise

Becca ‏@ciaimpala 24 Jun
@sheri_marsh1 that's so cool! You were a very convincing actress, I wasn't sure you had known. Thanks so much for answering my question!

Posted by dabo on 07-01-13 at 00:09 AM
Fun second episode. Dontae's murder was another overly complicated bit of business. These players are doing each other in with their games, love it. Loved how the two most OTT nuts ended up on the bottom this week.

Posted by Estee on 07-01-13 at 10:27 AM
One of the things I'm truly coming to appreciate is that the players themselves are getting into it. While they know they're not actually getting killed, the death images have made enough of an impact that some of them truly don't want to be part of those tableaus. (They also have to be wondering if Sherri and Dontae did their own death stunts -- especially the later -- and how bad each successive murder is going to be.) The majority of them are, at a minimum, shaken. It's a game -- but the consequences of losing it are taking on an illusionary reality.

The murder itself didn't feel that complicated to me, at least when compared to last week's 'fifty ways to kill your actress in a minor role' extravaganza. I do wonder about benzine-permeated fabric and whether it would truly feel or smell normal, but... not exactly gonna test that out.

And yes, they are Moling each other into the ground -- literally. The best way to survive is by comparing notes: the best way to knock others out is by holding back -- but when you hold back, how do you get notes to compare? Find people you can trust and rely on your own deductive abilities, because the game's structure ensures no one can truly go at it alone.

Still no real idea on who the killer is, although I'm glad to see the players thinking about bottom two status as diversion.

By the way, do you think they're using an F/X mannequin for the morgue corpse, or just asking the former player to lie very still and not giggle?

Posted by dabo on 07-01-13 at 11:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-13 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

They are having each dead player portray their own made-up corpse. They also do an "interview with the deceased" in corpse make-up. (I do expect they used a dummy for the golfcart explosion, though.)

They didn't actually use benzene, of course -- aside from being flammable, in that concentrated a form it would have been a poisonous health risk to Dontae. But it has a sweet odor.

Evaporation might have made the murder impossible as presented. And reliance on a static electricity spark to set off ignition? Yeah, there's a reliable trigger. Still don't know the purpose of the saint medallion unless it was a red herring.

Posted by Estee on 07-01-13 at 11:42 AM
I'd say the saint medallion was just for irony. Protector from fire -- yeah, that didn't work. In the long term, there's a chance it could point to the killer as being someone who's turned against religion in general or treats the subject with disdain. But for now, irony.

Posted by kingfish on 07-01-13 at 03:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-13 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

I can't believe that the flaming stumble was on purpose, but it does seem like that that's what a non-pro might do. Accidentally. If so, the producers would have had a few minutes of panic. It didn't look as if the burning man had much protection on his head.

I'm not real familiar Benzene, but in Britain, gasoline is referred to as Benzene, and that definitely has an odor and is toxic.

Here Benzene is naphtha, or petroleum ether. It is not considered safe to use because of its extreme flamability. In order to handle Benzene safely, gloves and eye protection are required, so it's safe to say that skin and eye contact would not be safe. And it is carcinogenic.

I think it's reasonable to conclude that some form of alcohol was used instead, and that a full body protective suit was worn.

I will say that to the camera, those wounds looked authentic. Kudos to the makeup artists. And last week's as well, although the explanation given for the delay of the fish tank breaking, that "it was cracked, and pressure rose in the tank until it gave way" was silly.

And the golf cart explosion? What will the corpse look like? Pieces? Being wedged in the crook of that tree might produce a real corpse.

Posted by dabo on 07-01-13 at 04:50 PM
http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/week-1-postmortem

3. Dante's stunt double was set on fire 4 times in that one day - twice when her arm catches on fire and twice on her run out to the pool.

6. While on fire and running through the mansion, the stunt person accidentally tripped. While she was not injured, the trip looked great on camera.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/episode-102-fire-starter-postmortem

4. The stunt person had to wear several layers of protective clothing, including the fire-resistant material asbestos underneath her pajamas. She also wore special gloves and was coated in specially prepared flammable gel.

7. The best way to light a pig's head (or any dish) on fire? Bacardi 151.

9. In the morgue, Dontae was shivering because his pajamas were still damp. A team of producers helped to keep him warm with hair dryers.

10. No real benzene was used on set. Instead, the benzene bottle was filled up with ammonia, which reacted to what was painted in clear color on the flag -- turning it magenta.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-two

Killer Guesses week 2

Adrianna - Kam (Dontae week 1)
Cris - Adrianna (same)
Dana - Adrianna (same)
Don - Cris (Dana week 1)
Geno - Kam (same)
Kam - Geno (same)
Lindsey - Cris (same)
Melina - Cris (same)
Ronnie - Adrianna (Dontae week 1)
Sasha - Ulysses (Adrianna week 1)
Ulysses - Adrianna (Dontae week 1)

Adrianna again got the most Killer votes (4), then Cris (3), Kam (2), Geno (1), Ulysses (1). Ronnie and Ulysses have the distinction that both times each of them voted for the next victim.

Benzene as an additive to gasoline improves the octane rating.

Posted by Bebo on 07-04-13 at 11:07 AM
I can't believe that the flaming stumble was on purpose, but it does seem like that that's what a non-pro might do. Accidentally. If so, the producers would have had a few minutes of panic. It didn't look as if the burning man had much protection on his head.

Interesting trivia I've read so far in the Post-Mortems:
- There was a stuntwoman performing the run into the pool. She shaved her head to resemble Donte.
- The stuntwoman tripped unexpectedly on one of the takes. She wasn't hurt, but they thought the fall looked great on camera.
- She wore lots of layers of protective clothing she wore for the filming.

The post-mortems are posted on the same page as the guesses for each week. They're definitely worth the read.

Are you surprised that Moi, the Ultimate Moleron, would be watching this? You shouldn't be.

Posted by Starshine on 07-07-13 at 12:52 PM
? in Britain, gasoline is referred to as Benzene?

In Britain Gasoline is referred to as Petrol

And we were the first country to establish an environmental standard for benzene

Posted by dabo on 07-03-13 at 01:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-13 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

Still no real idea on who the killer is...

If there are any clues in the manner in which the murders were planned, the means the killer has at his/her disposal, my chief suspect would be Lindsey. She's an engineer.

In murdering Sheri the killer was somehow, without spending very much time at it, able to remove one pane of glass from a multi-pane window, apparently without breaking the glass which would have made some noise and left behind broken glass.

In murdering Dontae the killer was somehow able to get ahold of benzene, not something you can just buy off the shelf, a very strictly regulated substance. But it is an ingredient in some manufactured products, and has useful applications in chemical processing and electrical engineering.

Posted by frankz on 07-09-13 at 12:47 PM
Well so far everyone I’ve picked to be the killer was the next one killed. I haven’t really seen any clues as to the killer’s identity, just going by gut instinct. Which obviously is quite wrong.

"ep 3"
Posted by dabo on 07-08-13 at 00:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-13 AT 00:31 AM (EST)

So, you tell two people to be scared knowing that one of them will decide to spend the night watching reality TV in the breakfast room according to your devious plan. ))snicker!(( Another murder accomplished by leading the victim to do exactly what the killer needed her to do. If this were a genuine murder mystery I would expect to catch the killer with extensive dossiers on each of the guests, he/she knows them so well!

The game was even funnier this week than last, proving your friends can be even more deadly than your enemies. Ronnie led two of his own teammates right into the most immediate danger. Very suspicious that Lindsey managed to do best on the quiz with everyone distrusting her.

Seems like they changed things up a lot for deadmeat's murder, though. Last known whereabouts, sitting at the table with all of them! Will there even be a body to take to the morgue?

Well, as they winnowed down the numbers they would have to alter the investigation format, the final three will probably have to investigate every place together.

"RE: ep 3"
Posted by kingfish on 07-08-13 at 12:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-13 AT 01:34 PM (EST)

You can get Benzene (the petroleum naptha version) in chemical supply stores. Or you used to be able to, I don't think it has ever been a restricted chemical.

I think Geno did it. He seems to be generally backgrounding it, with his main contributions to be in the way of leading others astray. Offhand, I don't recall when he's ever advanced the sleuthing. Additionally, there is his professed profession, "Bar Trivia Host". That just has to be an invention, right?

The woman that was "scared" along with Don (this time) is my second leading suspect, with the lack of clues she had this time she should have been the more clueless (heh), so her not being booted is suspicious, and her repeated "scared cards" might be an attempt to throw us off her scent.

This has turned out to be more a game of social skills, not so much a game of deductive skills. And they have some social ninnys.

Posted by dabo on 07-12-13 at 01:20 AM
You can get Benzene (the petroleum naptha version) in chemical supply stores. Or you used to be able to, I don't think it has ever been a restricted chemical.

I've done a lot of searches and research, and I believe we we are at heads because we have been discussing two different things.

"Benzene" as I have been discussing it is a particular naturally occuring organic highly volitile (cumbistible) hydrocarbon with the molecule C6H6. It was discovered in the 1820s, and by the 1970s was identified as definitely carcinogenic, leading to it becoming regulated. It's use in products has since been limited or phased out.

It is not only limited, the quantity of benzene in breathing air (in workplaces) and drinking water has since become a matter of monitoring and regulating.

"Naphtha" is the name given to a family of highly combustible hydrocarbons, of which benzene is one.

Benzene can be produced (extracted) from a variety of sources, but for industrial purposes it is extracted from coal tar.

"Petroleum ether" is the name given to a crude oil extract with a weight of 0.6 and 0.8 depending on its composition, which can serve a variety of purposes, such as lamp oil or cooking gas. These substances are available under a variety of product names such as naptha and benzine.

Posted by Estee on 07-08-13 at 03:51 PM
Y'know the worst part about the crime scene in the breakfast nook? If you look closely, the last show she ever watched was Rock Of Love.

Well, clearly she deserved everything she got.

I was wondering about having the last known whereabouts being practically the same as the death site myself. This may be a move by the killer/producers to give a smaller cast less places to go. Otherwise, if we got down to a F3, it's one person at each site and good luck assembling the picture. The rules have to change as the numbers drop.

And let's face it: this is going to be one boring morgue scene. 'Well, I'm pretty sure he was mauled by a mountain lion'.

Posted by kingfish on 07-08-13 at 05:58 PM
Rock of Love? Terrific spotting, there.

I'm guessing it was a TM issue? With ROL being so crappy no one bothered to either register it or care to sue for the expected damages of $5 (best guess estimate). They competed to date Brett Michaels? OK, for his money, I'd date him. Second base is all he's gonna get, though. And no first base. Not for free, anyway.

FWIW, the Reality TV home page article on Don's demise:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/whodunnit-killer-takes-its-fourth-victim-in-don-15019.php

identifies the animal (which is clearly a mountain lion) as a Jaguar.

Posted by dabo on 07-09-13 at 03:34 PM
http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-three

Killer Guesses week 3

Cris - Geno (Adrianna previously)
Dana - Kam (Adrianna previously)
Geno - Kam (same)
Kam - Geno (same)
Lindsey - Cris (same)
Melina - Cris (same)
Ronnie - Kam (Adrianna previously)
Sasha - Ulysses (same)
Ulysses - Geno (Adrianna previously)
Don - Cris (same)

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/episode-103-kaboom-postmortem

3. Prior to Adrianna's murder, she watched "Rock of Love" with Bret Michaels, another show produced by show creator Cris Abrego.

5. Rock of Love 3 was playing on the television during this episode. When the girls first discovered the flickering TV, they may have also noticed that Bret Michaels was in the process of eliminating Brittanya from his tour of love.

Posted by frankz on 07-09-13 at 05:04 PM
So has anyone seen what they think are clues to the killer’s identity? If there have been any I’ve certainly missed them.

Posted by dabo on 07-10-13 at 01:40 PM
I don't know what clues have been presented. According to the Killer's tweets, a clue was presented in the champagne gathering scene at the start of the show. I don't think the "Killer" is actually doing that tweeting, but one of the producers. The clue tracker stuff at the ABC site seems mainly about the murders. There are some theories on the boards at the ABC site.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/message-boards#!/topic/1373420898-329-738/reverseChronological

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/message-boards#!/forum/1371255719-561-980

Posted by dabo on 07-10-13 at 05:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-13 AT 06:10 PM (EST)

A recent post on the ABC site

I suspect Ronnie, but a recent interview came out with Ulysses and he says that the killer doesn't know the puzzle information either and has to play with everyone else to find the clue.

No link to the interview, unfortunately.

Found it!

http://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/07/whodunnit_behind-the-scenes_se.html

The scared cards aren't given to the two contestants who were the most wrong in their explanations of the murder. The contestant who was the most wrong, and therefore the next to die, receives a scared card. But the second scared card could be given to any contestant, even the killer.

The killer learns what is going to happen. But he or she doesn't know about the riddles, so the killer has to play along just like everyone else to figure it out.

The mountain lion that you saw killing Don in last week's episode was trained and cost $5,000 an hour. But the lion wasn't very obedient. They had to pepper spray the lion to get it off the Don dummy when they were done filming.

Contestants can't communicate with each other when the camera isn't rolling. They were isolated in their rooms. The producers wanted to make sure that contestants couldn't work with each other and form alliances when the camera wasn't rolling.

Filming hours varied each day. Sometimes, contestants would be filmed until midnight, and sometimes they would wake up at 3 a.m. to start their days.

The show has a $750,000 budget per day. Emmy-award winning makeup artists were hired as part of the budget to make the "murdered" contestants look dead. Sometimes contestants are in makeup for four to eight hours.

Ulysses has chosen to go the morgue every single episode so far. You might be wondering why he does that. Ulysses and Kam made a pact in the very beginning for Ulysses to go to the morgue and Kam to go to the crime scene each week. This way, they would be sure they got clues from different locations and could better exchange information that way.

Posted by Starshine on 07-12-13 at 05:21 AM
I'm really enjoying this, however the more I watch it the more I'm thinking of And then there were none by Agatha Christie.

Now that would be a twist!

Posted by kingfish on 07-12-13 at 10:03 AM
I'm thinking an outcome like "Murder on The Orient Express" where it turned out that everyone had stabbed the victim would be great.

They would have to somehow bring some of the corpses back to life. Maybe they weren't dead afterall, but just resting.

Posted by kingfish on 07-12-13 at 12:57 PM
BTW, are you watching Siberia? A fake "Survivor" like reality show where the contestants are, one each week, either killed or almost killed and frightened in to leaving. Supposed a forest monster is stalking them.

Posted by dabo on 07-23-13 at 02:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-13 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

Well, no one actually gets killed, of course.

"Orient Express" had everyone participate in one single murder. In "And Then There Were None" one serial killer killed everyone one at a time, faked his own murder, and in the end (since he was terminally ill) committed suicide in a manner to recreate the circumstances of his faked murder, framing the last victim he had killed. Film versions of "And Then There Were None" use the alternate ending created by Christie when she adapted the book for the stage.

In the comedy movie "Clue" one of the alternate endings (later revealed as the actual ending) had it that each murder had been committed by a different killer, the only remaining player who hadn't killed anyone was Mr. Green.

Frankly, if they are going for any of these solutions, it is an entirely scripted and ad-libbed show. But I can forgive that on the grounds that it campy fun and way over the top. It is unfortunate that Gildart has to include it on his resume, but his outrageous hamming it up is part of what makes it work. But he's a poor man's Tim Curry in this regard.

"ep 4"
Posted by dabo on 07-15-13 at 01:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-13 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

So, the mountain lyin' was just an expensive distration, Don was actually killed by cyanide poisoning. (And Don maybe deserves an Emmy nomination for portraying his murder with that cat looking him in the eye.)

Devious clues and stuff, I'm beginning to suspect not really a mystery writer Dan Brown is the killer.

Ah, well, Ulysses gets it next, thrown from the (Trojan) horse. But it looks like he might have been done in somehow before the horse got spooked and threw his stunt double down the ridge.

What would you investigate:

The scene of the crime
The corpse
The horse

A horse is a horse of course of course...

"RE: ep 4"
Posted by Estee on 07-15-13 at 07:13 AM
You kind of have to love a show where the contestants stop talking about conspiring to get someone eliminated and start discussing a conspiracy to get someone killed.

They are so buying into this.

Scene of the crime. I don't think the killer would poison-coat a horse and I had enough of Ulysses while he was still alive.

Posted by dabo on 07-15-13 at 10:10 AM
Yeah, let's kill Lindsey! They are so into it, what a lot of hoke.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-four

Killer Guesses week 4

Cris - Geno (same)
Dana - Kam (same)
Geno - Kam (same)
Kam - Geno (same)
Lindsey - Cris (same)
Melina - Cris (same)
Ronnie - Kam (same)
Sasha - Kam (Ulysses previously)
Ulysses - Geno (same)

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/episode-104-mountain-lyin-postmortem

2. A mountain lion is also known as a cougar or puma.

8. Don and Kona's kitchen scenes were shot separately. For Don’s safety, they were never in the same room together for the true crime.

12. The mountain lion body that the cast investigated was an animatronic created by the same company that also provides animatronics for most of the theme parks in Southern California, including Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/whodunnit/2013_Jul_14_zuiker-interview

read and slap your head

Posted by Bebo on 07-15-13 at 08:35 PM
The only thing that I got out of that article (besides confirming that yes, the show is as stupid as it looks) is that two or three get Scared cards. Since we've only seen two people in each episode so far, there will probably be at least 1 episode where there's three Scared cards.

"My Theory..."
Posted by Bebo on 07-15-13 at 08:46 PM
...which means I'm about to announce the next one to buy the farm. I think it's Dana.

The first episode where she got a Scared card, she told everyone she knew that Ulysees was going to tell here everything. When he didn't, she said, "I'm going to KILL Ulysees." When she said it, I thought it was an interesting choice of words.

At the dinner table before Don's death, both Don and Dana got a raw steak. Dana immediately announced, "I'm sharing with Ulysees." Why be so quick? She had to have a, ahem, good reason why she wasn't going in there.

"RE: My Theory..."
Posted by samboohoo on 07-16-13 at 09:54 AM
I have been thinking her as well, especially with her comments about being a nurse, but lately I've been leaning toward Ronnie. I haven't seen this week's yet. There was something he said with respect to Don having to cook his own steak. It just stuck out to me.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"RE: My Theory..."
Posted by kingfish on 07-16-13 at 11:55 AM
My first choice is Geno. He's acting like he's looking for the right way to act so that he's appears innocent, and he’s all over the place.

The first two weeks he offered little aggressive sleuthing, mainly he just wanted to block someof the others. And this week, he was the most aggressive, and actually solved the riddle. He's all over the place and it's my suspicion that that's because he doesn't really know the best way to act so that he avoids suspicion.

But I like Dana as the killer too. She doesn't really try to find clues, she just dithers around, she doesn't want to play the allies vs allies games, and she rarely goes outside. I think she would sit in a lounge chair sipping sweet drinks if she could get away with it. Her knowledge of cyanide was impressive, but as a nurse and the daughter of a man who used it in his work (if that is true) she could legitimately have had that knowledge.

One thing we know was since the behind the scenes interviews were posted, the killer is as in the dark as everyone else, so no has special knowledge of the crimes, thus Dana's Cyanide insight doesn't really mean anything.

I will be interested in the promised subtle clues as to the killer’s identity.

"ep 5"
Posted by dabo on 07-22-13 at 09:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-13 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

It had to be snakes! Why did it have to be snakes.

At least Ulysses' murder turned out to be a fairly straight-forward assault, but with a lot of smoke and mirrors distractions. And the horse got right up from the stunt fall, whew!

But then there was the game, the whole reason these players aren't really acting like even fictional characters in a serial killer mystery where they are the ones being stalked. Well, except suspecting one and another.

Liked that they were able to line up and take their turns looking for the murder weapon, let's call that a bunching point. With a little luck Team Kam reduced to their three sharpest members (the bar isn't that high) managed to prevail over the drama queens in Team Geno. YAY! Ronnie is the funniest thing in a cheesy beard.

Next time on Whodunnit? .. House Of Whacks! And this show officially pushed the envelope for camp in reality television into the twilight zone.

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-five

Killer Guesses

Cris - Lindsey (Geno previously)
Dana - Lindsey (Kam previously)
Geno - Kam (same)
Kam - Geno (same)
Lindsey - Cris (same)
Melina - Cris (same)
Ronnie - Kam (same)
Sasha - Lindsey (Kam previously)

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/episode-105-bum-ba-dee-da-postmortem

2. If some of the snakes in the cabin look familiar, that's because many appeared in the film Snakes on a Plane.

3. The birds that flew off, startling the horses, were actually homing pigeons whose home was only a short flight of 15 minutes away.

4. Oleander blossoms are deadly to both humans and horses if consumed.

7. The stunt horse was also featured in Django Unchained and the new Lone Ranger movie. (And yet, he totally doesn't have a huge ego. He's surprisingly down to Earth.)

"RE: ep 5"
Posted by Bebo on 07-22-13 at 08:59 PM
And this show officially pushed the envelope for camp in reality television into the twilight zone.

That happened as soon as Giles excused himself to go take a twinkle.

Didn't I call it? I name a killer, then she dies.

Posted by dabo on 07-23-13 at 02:41 PM
Lindsey and Melina share top spot on my suspect list. At this point I have ruled out Geno and Kam, their rivalry has been the driving force in the game so I think they have to be players (that is, taking seriously the killer's motive, seeking out the most worthy adversary, I think it would be inconsistant for the killer to play in that manner). Cris and Ronnie are still on the suspect list but they are such good devious players I'm rooting for one of them to win.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 07-22-13 at 10:24 PM
I haven't seen Ep 5 yet but I've been thinking it was Lindsey since Ep 3. I see from your post this is the first time any contestants think it is her.

Posted by msquared on 07-25-13 at 04:02 PM
Remember, the players do not know that they are the killer. so the flack between Geno and Cam could be very real and one of them still the killer.

msquared

"ep 6"
Posted by dabo on 07-29-13 at 10:16 AM
Well, that was creepy. Giles and Beatrice dancing on a grave, metaphorically speaking. I don't understand how the killer managed to freeze Sasha and Dana in position at the piano, not that it's all that important. At least they weren't .. scared stiff.

Cris was into it, pointing out the "Geno size footprints." Ronnie was just more funny as he lead the team to ruin. Dictator Kam the Attitude has set himself up for a knife in the back, or maybe the front, or at least that's his edit on any other reality show. How did Melina escape the scared card? Did she forget to tell Ronnie about the door opener?

The whole set-up at the end, Hawaiian kitsch! I'm beginning to lose respect for the killer, I mean waiting for the victim to stand under the 16 ton weight, it's practically a cartoon!

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/episode-106-all-the-worlds-a-stage-postmortem

1. The silent movie playing during the riddle was the original Frankenstein, from 1910.

6. Anthony Zuiker personally placed the droplets of blood on to the hallway floor to ensure that the crime scene matched his script perfectly.

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-six

Killer Guesses

Cris - Lindsey (same)
Geno - Kam (same)
Kam - Geno (same)
Lindsey - Cris (same)
Melina - Kam (Cris previously)
Ronnie - Kam (same)

"RE: ep 6"
Posted by kingfish on 07-29-13 at 02:19 PM
There went my prime suspect.

I am thinking that whenever they do finally reveal the murderer, and they give us the 'subtle' clues that they say are there and have been there all along, I think that I will be forced to call BS. Maybe I'll be wrong, but at this moment I'm not prepared to believe that the clues will be substantial enough to have allowed us to either use them or that would lead us unequivically to the killer.

Even I am wrong though, I think I've seen enough to call BS on the manufactured drama as well as the plausibility of the crimes.

Bull hockey.

"Giles is out of the mansion!"
Posted by Bebo on 08-01-13 at 09:32 PM
I'm watching Burn Notice, and our campy butler is playing a baddie on this week's episode.

"ep 7"
Posted by dabo on 08-05-13 at 09:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-13 AT 07:31 PM (EST)

Well, Melina finally plops onto the radar.

Glad this show is winding down, all the amateur hour acting is still a hoot but.. Geno's death had an elaborate cover-up as to cause of death, I suspect Ronnie's death will be the same.

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-seven

Killer Guesses

Cris - Lindsey (same)
Kam - Melina (Geno previously)
Lindsey - Cris (same)
Melina - Kam (same)
Ronnie - Kam (same)

Probably won't be around next weekend for the penultimate ep, don't everyone else be Scared to start the episode comments.

"RE: ep 7"
Posted by msquared on 08-05-13 at 11:04 AM
Can the killer impress himself? How was it that Kam did not impress the killer? He knew about how the lights were blown. Did Kam share that?

Where the gun and night vision goggles put in the top drawer after Kam and Ronnie did their search? I can not imagine them not checking the drawers with all the searching they did.

When Kam and Ronnie were investigating the crime scene, there was a zoom on Ronnie's shoes. I thought, hey, that is a clue as to who the killer is, since there were those large shoe prints last time.

And then he gets killed.

So what does the killer get? That person can not win, so are they out?

Also, I would be more impressed if the killer knew who they were. The players are trying to work out where people were, and that does not matter since the killer did not have to actually do what his story says he/she did.

msquared

Posted by Estee on 08-05-13 at 04:53 PM
From this point on, I would love to see every half-assed in-show contestant guess as to what was going on in a reality competition referred to as Trained Monkey Theory.

Posted by dabo on 08-07-13 at 12:40 PM
Trained Monkey Theory, goddit. Phillip asuming the Amigos were out of idols was TMT.

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/episode-107-party-crasher

1. Getting the house ready for each of the murders was no easy task. The chandelier that crushed Geno was specially installed the day before cast moved into the house and was hoisted up by crewmembers via a skylight opening.

3. The voice of the killer following Geno's death was show creator Anthony Zuiker.

6. It is somewhat common for a bullet to fragment when fired through a gun ‘silencer’, causing multiple impact wounds to its intended target.

7. The actual chandelier weighed 140 pounds.

Posted by Bebo on 08-05-13 at 10:44 PM
Maybe it's the Moleron in me having wishful flashbacks to the show I held so dear, but I'm really getting into a Season 1 state of mind. A reminder (or education, for those of you unfortunate enough to miss it), that was the season that Kathryn was the Mole. Steven and Jim figured it out early and worked together to throw the others off the trail. Sure enough, those two made the finals and Steven beat Jim in the final test.

So why am I thinking about it now? Those who know me know that it takes me awhile to get to my point...

So the killer knows he/she is the killer, but doesn't have advance knowledge of the murders and associated riddles. How does the killer make it look credible to stay alive? Through a strong alliance. The more people you're allied with, the more likely one of them will solve the riddle...and share with you. And you can stir up trouble between the two alliances to distract the players in the other alliance.

And what if you're in an alliance with someone you think is the killer? If you're confident in your choice, then you try to misdirect the others. One big way is to honestly say that you picked someone else as the killer.

Of course, the one big risk to your plan is if the other alliance solves the riddle. That's when it helps to have someone in your alliance as a double agent.

So Lindsey was the double agent, and Cris is allied with her. They accused each other out of misdirection, and so that they could honestly tell others who they voted for.

And the killer? That would be Kam. Oh sure, he got a Scared card...the episode one of his alliance members got killed. It would only make sense for Kam to be scared when one of his alliance is the worst. It's the closest the show could come to "Ten Little Indians" (where the killer had actually appeared to be one of the early victims) since the rules called for the killer to be one of the final three.

The double murder helped to turn the tide for Kam's alliance. But maybe there wouldn't have been a double murder that week if someone from Melina's alliance had solved the riddle. They could have waited for a week when one of Kam's alliance did solve the riddle to have the double murder.

And if I'm wrong...I still miss The Mole. And every time I see Andy Coop on CNN, I still think of him as the bestest reality host.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-07-13 at 09:26 AM
I think I agree with you.

I actually had only seen one season of The Mole, and it was the last one. I just finished Season 1 this spring through Netflix.

Posted by kingfish on 08-07-13 at 11:02 AM
I like your thinking, Bebo.

I'm on board with you.

"Finale Vote Thresd"
Posted by clemsonbeav on 08-12-13 at 07:38 AM
So...whodunnit? Reply with your killer and winner guesses!

Beav: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

"Killer: Lindsey, Winner: Cris"
Posted by clemsonbeav on 08-12-13 at 07:40 AM
And also, Melina's dead.

Kam might win, however, finally realizing that the killer has been on his team this whole time. (Kathryn/Jim/Steven, anyone?)

"Killer: Lindsay. Winner: Kam."
Posted by Estee on 08-12-13 at 09:11 AM
Zombies?

Really?

Zombies?

By the way, does anyone know how the killer managed to trap Giles while riding along in the limo? Talented sociopath we've got here.

"RE: Killer: Lindsay. Winner: Kam."
Posted by mngirl77 on 08-13-13 at 06:01 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing! I was trying to figure out the last time I saw him but of course I deleted the episode. I feel like an idiot because I still don't know who the killer is. But either Lindsay is really that stupid or that's all just an act.

Posted by dabo on 08-14-13 at 06:51 PM
Giles has been trapped the entire season, this cliffhanger is just a more blatant version of him being trapped. He followed orders. He always follows the orders from the killer because he has no choice.

Such are the fictions of this reality.

Posted by kingfish on 08-19-13 at 12:59 PM
Or, how did Chris shoot a bolt into Lindsey in one room while standing in another room with Kam?

Good job, that.

"Killer: Kris Winner: Lindsay"
Posted by Corvis on 08-12-13 at 11:11 AM
I've suspected Kris as the killer for a long time. Lindsay is too obvious and Kam plays too hard to be the killer.

"Killer: Lindsey, Winner: Cris"
Posted by mrc on 08-12-13 at 11:13 AM
I've had Lindsey pegged for awhile. Her cackling last night sealed it for me.

Cris is pretty smart. If the editors are smart, they've set up Kam to get his comeuppance.

A Slice of Manga

"Killer: Lindsay Winner: Kam"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 08-12-13 at 10:41 PM
I haven't watched the last ep yet...
but I guessed Lindsay in Ep 2 or 3... so I'm sticking with it.

"RE: Finale Vote Thresd"
Posted by flystorms on 08-13-13 at 01:25 PM
Kam for the win, Cris for the killer.

Cris has so many clues that point to her; too many for here. The last few times she's been in the confessional deal telling who she thought was the killer, she names someone, but doesn't specify that she thinks they're the killer. She'll say something like, "Lindsey I'm watching you." (Or something along those lines.) She's been playing both sides against each other very subtly as well. Lots of clues. Can't wait to see how this turns out. It's been a fun season and a reasonable, campy substitute for The Mole.

Posted by dabo on 08-19-13 at 09:05 AM
Congrats!

And thank goodness that's over. In the end the winner didn't even have to figure out whodunnit, there wasn't even a mystery murder to solve in the finale. Sheesh!

Loved the campy schlockiness of all this, but if it comes back for a second season they seriously need to fix the game. The last two kills were much better at figuring out whodunnit than the winner.

Posted by Corvis on 08-19-13 at 10:44 AM
Do I get a congrats, too? I spelled her name wrong, but still.

It was a fun show. I enjoyed it. I would have changed something about the finale to make it more interesting though. I am not sure what exactly. I liked the frantic race part of it but yeah, not having them have to figure out the killer kind of killed a little of the fun for me.

Posted by kingfish on 08-19-13 at 01:03 PM
When ther are just two left alive, it's going to be hard to mystify who the killer is for the last non-killer.

The last non-killer left standing can pretty easily guess who the killer is.

"Killer: Lindsey -- Winner: Cris"
Posted by dabo on 08-13-13 at 11:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-13 AT 11:39 PM (EST)

Lindsey was my main suspect from the start, she and Melina shared top honors for awhile.

Cris and Kam are both good players, and in my opinion obvious players not plants. I'm fine with either of them winning.

In the end if the zombies return to exact their vengeance Vault of Horror style, they'll aim at Kam the hardnose. Cris hasn't been nearly cold-hearted enough for a proper femme fatale.

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/killer-guesses/week-eight

Killer Guesses

Cris - Lindsey (same)
Kam - Lindsey (Melina previously)
Lindsey - Cris (same)
Melina - Cris (Kam previously)

http://abc.go.com/shows/whodunnit/blogs/postmortem/episode-108-frost-nixin-postmortem

2. Lindsay was deathly allergic to all seafood, so production had to make sure there was always one safe dish for her to eat.

3. The "chilly" effect in the pool was created by tossing crushed pieces of dry ice (CO2) into the water.

4. While preparing for the hot tub murder scene, production discovered that the pool cleaner had completely disabled the tub’s jets. The special effects department was brought in to create the bubbles.

"RE: Killer: Lindsey -- Winner: Cris"
Posted by kingfish on 08-19-13 at 01:09 PM
That Hot tub explosion was the most idiotic stunt of the season. Putting liquid nitrigen into the water jet system would make the water in the tub bubble like crazy, it would lower the temp in the tub, and would create a hugh cloud of vapor, but not an explosion.

"Finale"
Posted by samboohoo on 08-19-13 at 10:49 AM
From last week to this week, I briefly wondered if Giles could have been the killer. Then last night when Kam got to the attic, I really thought it. Interesting.

At the very end, I almost thought it was still up in the air and that Giles was about to kill Kam.

"Finale"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 08-19-13 at 12:58 PM
I thought the finale was a letdown after the point where Kris was shown as the killer. The killer could have been anyone... What did Kris do to be guessed as the killer by everyone else? I still don't know....
I thought it was Lindsay all along...so that surprised me... and then Kam was in shock also that it was Kris... He didn't seem to know that the game was over.
I enjoyed the show otherwise, but they need to change that.... Make it so the killer can really be found out somehow...
I wish they would bring back The Mole.

Congrats to Corvis also!

"RE: Finale"
Posted by Starshine on 08-19-13 at 03:12 PM
Is there a show next week to explain the clues that led to Kris?

Rather enjoyed the show, but I agree it wasn't a patch on The Mole

Mole 6 on in Australia, every time I identify the mole they get voted out! However I don't think it will be like season 4 when they did eliminate the Mole and then bought him back in under dubious circumstances

"RE: Finale"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 08-19-13 at 06:00 PM
>
>Mole 6 on in Australia, every
>time I identify the mole
>they get voted out! However
>I don't think it will
>be like season 4 when
>they did eliminate the Mole
>and then bought him back
>in under dubious circumstances

I have to get out more... I don't know how to watch The Mole of Australia.... I'll work on that one....

"Reunion"
Posted by dabo on 08-19-13 at 10:00 PM
Sort of.

https://twitter.com/robcesternino

Rob Cesternino‏@robcesternino
Programming Update: Our LIVE #Whodunnit Reunion Podcast is going to be TUESDAY night at 10 pm ET / 7 pm PT at http://RobHasAwebsite.com

'Grats, Corvis!

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 03:54 PM
So tell me, who dunnit?

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:37 PM
Mrs White in the Library with the Candlestick