URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 227
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Apprentice #3 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 03-10-05 at 06:27 PM
Please keep all discussion about tonight's episode on this thread until those on the West Coast have a chance to see it. Thank you. And yes, I'm starting this early. I was planning on a nice, long soak for an hour before TV viewing began tonight. Possibly six. I may fall asleep and miss the whole thing. Donald does not rule my calendar and he didn't pay for my alarm clock.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Apprentice #3 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Estee on 03-10-05 at 08:59 PM
Previously on The Apprentice, Chris Gacy was put in charge of saying hello to small children...

Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 08:59 PM
Here we go again!

"The Morning Phone call"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:03 PM
Angie answers the phone...again. Rona tells both teams to be in the boardroom at 8AM. Choose your Project Manager before you arrive, it must be someone who has not yet been PM.

Posted by seahorse on 03-10-05 at 09:03 PM
PM should be someone who has not been PM yet.

Posted by seahorse on 03-10-05 at 09:04 PM
Maybe the new PMs are the captains.

"Corporate Restructure"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:07 PM
Kendra PM for Magna, Chris for NetWorth. PM must choose 2 people they do not want on team and send to other. Kendra sends Stephanie and Erin. Chris sends Tana and Craig. Teams retain same names.

"Stars assigned"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:13 PM
Net Worth gets:

Barenaked Ladies, Gene Simmons, New Found Glory, Simple Plan and Fat Joe. (One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong... )

Magna gets:

Lil' Kim, Lil' Jon, Moby, Eve and Jadakiss. (whoa, another odd man out?)

"Challenge"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:14 PM
Teams must produce an 11-minute segment as part of auction for Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. They must meet with stars to negotiate what they will provide for auction.

"RE: Stars assigned"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:14 PM
They have to make an 11 minute ad and auction off stuff from the stars. The proceeds will go to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation.

Posted by Estee on 03-10-05 at 09:14 PM
John is walking the very fine line between sexist and smart here. He's probably right about getting the women to lead the talks and try to draw everything out from the male musicians on the hormonal level, but... actually, he's sexistly smart. But in this case, it sounds like he's got part of the winning strategy. Good idea to dress down, too.

Posted by Estee on 03-10-05 at 09:20 PM
And of course, then John went and did all the talking. :p

"Trump's words of the week: TITLE?"
Posted by PsychoJason on 03-10-05 at 09:15 PM
What was the title for Trump's advice of the week? And what was the joke he made?

"RE: Trump's words of the week: TITLE?"
Posted by Fishercat on 03-10-05 at 09:35 PM
It was something to the effect of "Go Big or Go Home".

"RE: Trump's words of the week: TITLE?"
Posted by smokedog on 03-11-05 at 00:23 AM
Example of going big was going with Trump of course. *eyerolls*

"Carolyn's Back"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:15 PM
Carolyn's back and we're so happy. She's trippin' on Tana trying to talk street talk to these guys. She actually doubled over laughing at Tana.

"Tana, Whitest White Woman on the planet."
Posted by Estee on 03-10-05 at 09:21 PM
This is so embarassing... any minute now, she's going to try and freestyle, I can see it coming and I can't reach the mute button fast enough...

Ye gawds, is Bren the private lawyer for Playboy? Is he capable of making a suggestion that doesn't go out of PG-13 territory?

"Yo, yo, yo..."
Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:30 PM
she's down wif dat!

Can you believe she said, "Talking with Moby and talking with Lil' Jon was like black and white... literally!"

"RE: Tana, Whitest White Woman on the planet."
Posted by smokedog on 03-11-05 at 00:23 AM
>Ye gawds, is Bren the private
>lawyer for Playboy? Is
>he capable of making a
>suggestion that doesn't go out
>of PG-13 territory?

First time I've heard MILF used on a TV show.

"Was on..."
Posted by AyaK on 03-11-05 at 00:32 AM
...The Gastineau Girls, where the daughter said that her male friends said her mother was a MILF.

"Magna"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:17 PM
Bren and Craig (?) are discussing ideass and Kendra says 'as long as there is no cucumber'. LOL

"RE: Magna"
Posted by smokedog on 03-11-05 at 00:25 AM
I think it was Alex.

"What a shocker!"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:20 PM
Stephanie is whining and spreading her negativity... sheesh!

"John"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:20 PM
...is not getting a good edit tonight. He keeps interrupting Erin and Stephanie, I think he just offended the drummer from Bare Naked Ladies by telling him he'd like to play his drums, he offered to sell the ladies if New Found Glory would be part of their auction. Even George said he wasn't doing well at negotiating.

"RE: John"
Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 09:25 PM
seriously, all their stars think he is a lunatik... Gene Simon would care about John's little story because???

Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:26 PM
Gene Simmons is going to rip him a new one. Gene takes carp from no one. He begins ignoring John and talks to the women. John did NOT just call Erin a fluffer for Gene Simmons!?

Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 09:29 PM
I hope they lose and he gets his nth trip to the boardroom and we hear, John, You're fired!

He's been getting on my nerves ever since the beginning when he started to whine about one task.... get over yourself already!!

Posted by Estee on 03-10-05 at 09:30 PM
(sigh) He did. This is a complete 180 for the way John's usually shown. We've lost the narrator and picked up a one-track hero worshiper, with himself as the hero he worships. This is starting to smell like a John firing. Tana, despite her inability to pick up the tongue, speaks the language and is putting some killer auctions together. By comparison, John's got nothing -- and it's very visibly all John's fault.

"Do you think..."
Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:32 PM
this week's firing will be as obvious as last week?

If it is, I predict...

John goes this time.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:31 PM
He called Stephanie the fluffer.

Gene Simmons is a jerk!

Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 09:20 PM
Would someone shut John up already?

"John"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:29 PM
He's coming off as a one-trick pony. He keeps pitching the same idea to each group -- a private performance at someone's house. Are all the groups agreeing to the same thing? Lord, I hope not. John will go down in flames.

"Random thoughts"
Posted by Fishercat on 03-10-05 at 09:32 PM
This looks to be an absolute romp for Magna at this point, even though I like their guests less (I just don't like the genre of most of the artists, the actual power seems quite even to me). I don't blame Chris for sending Tana to Magna (it was her or Angie to him since he adores John, which will be his or John's downfall), but she's rolling in this challenge.

John's a tool tonight. He's making it a three person team and he's not a useful one here. His ideas are small compared to Tana's offers IMO and even when the celebrities were begging to do more, he never seemed to let them do such a thing.

I kind of feel bad for Chris, because I think he's gone tonight (haven't seen spoilers) and I don't think it is his fault yet. He sent John and the two girls to get the celebs, no issue there, and his only mistake so far (pre-show) is the sending away of the self-proclaimed MILF.

Tana is absolutely hilarious.

"RE: Random thoughts"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:37 PM
I learned something new today. It's always a good day when you learn something new. MILF - Mother I'd Love to Fool Around With.

Posted by volsfan on 03-10-05 at 09:45 PM
Actually "fooling around with is the PG=13 version to that saying. It is MILTF!

Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:45 PM
OK, I learned two things tonight.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:40 PM
absolute romp

I'd say they crushed 'em! $11,000 to $21,000? Almost double!

Tana & Craig were great on TV and also while selling the "experiences" to the stars.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-10-05 at 09:39 PM
And the results are coming in...

Networth: 11,325 dollars for their five experiences
Magna: 21,654 dollars for their five, and although three were very low, the one-week experiences (something John couldn't come up with) put them way over the top.

I think Chris is gone, even if John should be. I am not sure how well Trump will consider Steph and Erin's advice (where they will surely say John, or should), and will Chris drown his "older brother" in the Apprentice option. If he refuses to put him up as the fall guy, or on the other extreme, goes on a massive yelling tangent, he's in deep crap.

Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 09:41 PM
Chris will get fired because he didn't do squat on this task...!

Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:43 PM
That's right, we haven't seen Chris have an unwarranted meltdown in the boardroom for a week or two.

I don't think Chris is going. EPMB didn't really show Chris doing much of anything tonight. I think Chris's 'John is like my big brother' quote is a little bit of irony and foreshadowing for Chris sticking the knife between John's shoulder blades.

Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 09:49 PM
I do think this should be John's second to last trip to the boardroom! Or at least maybe if I wish it hard enough it will become true! LOL

Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 09:51 PM
Good strategy by Chris bringing Erin back in. She can help save his butt and John may be kicked out to the curb for his cab ride.

"Chris"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:47 PM
Why is Chris so defensive when making the simplest statement?

"RE: Chris"
Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 09:50 PM
He sounds like a kid who is really not ready to handle the job... what ever it is...

Posted by Fishercat on 03-10-05 at 09:52 PM
I don't know, but I think Chris is a somewhat unique personality, as I don't think he is a pure Type A person like almost every other reality contestant. I think he may be a bit insecure, dare I say intimidated by not only the three executives, but also by his suitemates.

I don't know him personally, and people who do likely know his personality ten times better than I do, but I think he's actually a relatively humble guy with too strong of a voie for his own good.

"Byebye John!"
Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 09:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-05 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Finally!

This is a happy week for me! Everyone on my wish (out) list is getting kicked out their shows... wooohhooo!

"RE: Byebye John!"
Posted by Fishercat on 03-10-05 at 09:57 PM
I think you are right, but Chris outburst may have just blown it...and John let him off the hook it seems, Trump is VERY disappointed in Chris' delegation, JOHN IS GONE! Wow, I am shocked.

"RE: Byebye John!"
Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 10:00 PM
I think we were running a few minutes ahead here because he was actually fired when I wrote...

I am in Canada and we are getting it though a local chanel, that might be it.

"I'm not..."
Posted by ARnutz on 03-10-05 at 10:02 PM
points up to #26 and #39.

It was so obvious during the task that John was being edited as the boot.

Chris' outburst in the BR was just to throw people off.

"Buh-Bye"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:57 PM
Now I know why Burnett edited him as the hero the first couple of episodes -- the mightier they are, the harder they fall.

Posted by seahorse on 03-10-05 at 10:00 PM
Chris is unbelievably lucky to be still around.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-10-05 at 10:03 PM
Definitely, he got lucky that John not only did a bad job on the task (and, for once, I can see delegating the biggest task, since he had music experience), but he also upset Erin it seemed.

Posted by smokedog on 03-11-05 at 00:30 AM
>Chris is unbelievably lucky to be
>still around.

Erin and John gave him the cover he needed to escape by claiming that it was impossible for Chris to do both the live show and the negotiating. Very lucky - those two could have buried him.

"Boardroom"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 09:56 PM
Man George and Carolyn are really beating up on Chris for sending John to negotiate instead of doing it himself. Donald actually steps in and supports Chris as not being able to be in two places at once.

"RE: Boardroom"
Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 10:02 PM
Suits me well for this time, John was a pig, for that alone he needed to go. That is not how you do business...

Women are not only pretty faces...

Posted by TechNoir on 03-10-05 at 10:14 PM
Pig? Unkind to pigs.

Posted by Estee on 03-10-05 at 10:42 PM
I thought he was actually on the right track for about three seconds, thinking the musicians would deal better with the woman than the men. (sigh) And then he opened his mouth again. G'bye. I can't believe I actually sorta liked him the first couple of weeks...

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-11-05 at 00:26 AM
"Man, George and Carolyn are really
beating up on Chris for
sending John to negotiate instead
of doing it himself. Donald
actually steps in and supports
Chris as not being able
to be in two places
at once."

They do this every week and it's so phony - In business, leaders have to delegate and there was no reason to think that the team sent to talk to the bands couldn't handle it. They are too harsh on the PM every week IMHO. One person can't handle every single little detail. Kendra was the winning PM and didn't handle the negotiations either. Tana and Craig did. Although, I think a case could be made for firing Chris because he really has a problem controlling his anger - something that is very unbecoming in a leader.

Posted by MediaMan on 03-11-05 at 00:42 AM
While I loath Johns recent self worship, I did think he was one of the "final four". In Johns defense, Chris should have done both, Kendra did, even though Chris makes a good point, production is critical, BOTH are critical, and he needed to make sure both were being done...

I still hold Chris accountable, Chris - YOUR FIRED!

That being said... John, if your gonna hold yourself out to be the "expert" (and establish a negotiation strategy - which you don't follow) then be prepared to take the fall when you don't win.

In the end I think firing either candidate this week would have been a good decision, in the big picture Chris was the weaker link and should have gone home, John was better for the team (assuming he could overcome his self worship problem).

Kendra rocks - of course I picked her for apprentice, and the Craig & Tana team were the biggest shocker, they really suprised me and showed me a whole new side.

MediaMan
Author of the weekly Apprentice Newsletter
Practical business lessons & insightful analysis
(complete with podcasts and RSS feeds - coming soon)

Posted by Fishercat on 03-11-05 at 03:44 PM
I could be wrong on this (I was doing two things at once, writing a history paper and watching Apprentice), but didn't Kendra leave negotiations once she saw the Tana/Craig duo work very well on it. I guess Chris put his trust in the wrong people in negotiation (which could mean "not himself"), and it is a fireable offense. You're right though, both could have been fired and John had more potential, but for some reason, Chris' teammates really seem to like him. He was rarely (if ever) brought into the final board room, he got Erin to defend him (I guess after John offended her), and people actually seemed concerned for him. Who knows, but I agree with you on the whole, my question was really my only point.

"Taxi Scene"
Posted by kathliam on 03-10-05 at 10:00 PM
I find it friggin' hilarious the way the show the taxis with 'Hot Jobs' billboards on them while the bootee is giving their last words. EPMB does nothing for free...when do we see the task for Hot Jobs?

"RE: Taxi Scene"
Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 10:03 PM
LOL

Posted by seahorse on 03-10-05 at 10:02 PM
I think John will do very well for himself in the future. He will get a great job from his experience.

Posted by kary1371 on 03-10-05 at 10:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-05 AT 10:06 PM (EST)

Yes, but if he keeps at it, women around him will not have a hard time to make a case of "incorectness..." to stay polite...

Posted by TechNoir on 03-10-05 at 10:12 PM
I doubt it.

Anyone who hires him will have to spend a fortune defending against sexual harassment suits. And it isn't like we don't have video proof that they knew exactly what he was like.

Posted by Spidey on 03-10-05 at 10:51 PM
smooch My thoughts exactly.

A girl power smooch, not a sexually harassing smooch.

Posted by TechNoir on 03-11-05 at 12:19 PM
*snicker*

"Dear God - We Have to Watch Danny's Audition Tape Next Week?"
Posted by kidflash212 on 03-11-05 at 00:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

Audition Tape?And everyone else's? Danny's looks especially painful. I'll probably skip it - recrap episodes bore me.

"RE: Dear God - We Have to Watch Danny's Audition Tape Next Week?"
Posted by smokedog on 03-11-05 at 00:52 AM
I'll probably skip
>it - recrap episodes bore
>me.

I thought there was a new episode next week. It's just a recrap?