URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2266
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"72 Hours"

Posted by rachelOH63 on 06-02-13 at 10:46 PM
After seeing a 1-page ad in EW magazine, I was going to post in the Survivor thread that it looked like some kind of "eco-challenge" show was starting on TNT on 6/6. However, I just googled it... And instead of being more "eco-challenge" it is more "take the money and run". So, I'm not as excited about it...but I'm still going to DVR it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 72 Hours"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 06-10-13 at 11:39 AM
No. Actually it is more like eco-challenge... It wasn't bad. A cross between Survivor and Eco-Challenge. Tough endurance racing, 3 teams of 3 people, First team to touch the briefcase full of $100,000 gets it.

"I watched"
Posted by udg on 06-11-13 at 12:12 PM
The first episode wasn't bad. Episode two is supposed to be the same thing in a different location. I'm not sure there will be enough variety to keep things interesting, but I'll probably watch at least the first three.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Posted by rachelOH63 on 06-11-13 at 11:31 PM
Yay! Someone else watched! I will do the same...watch it a few times...see if I get bored!

"I'm still watching"
Posted by udg on 07-13-13 at 05:17 PM
It's interesting to watch the team dynamics with the teams being assigned, rather than friends before the show. I also see a lot of potential for a season 2 with teams who couldn't finish because they had weak partners, injuries, or quitters.

I've been enjoying the locations. I'm watching the NZ Alps episode right now, and WOW! Makes me want to go.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

"I'm still watching too!"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 07-21-13 at 05:56 PM
I have it set to tape on my DVR. Just watching an episode now ("NZ Alp"). I think it is a pretty good show. I don't know why more people aren't commenting....

It is like a eco-challenge / survivor mix. And all in a nice 1 hour package.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 05:26 PM
I like 48 hours better.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 01:08 PM
A 48 Hours episode about 72 Hours that lasts 60 Minutes.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-25-16 at 06:44 PM
bumpity bump bump bump