URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2264
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Splash"

Posted by Estee on 03-19-13 at 09:23 PM
The Biggest Loser? Couldn't do what this show managed in the premiere.

Idol? Can only dream of reaching this accomplishment.

Any Dancing With The Stars result show? Just died from envy.

The all-time filler record has been shattered. All hail the new first-place occupant. Their opponents are humiliated forever!

...and some celebrities jumped off diving boards. Took about fifteen seconds.

Cumulative.

The perfect DVR show: takes less time to watch than it does to program.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Splash"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 03-20-13 at 02:03 AM
I would like to say this set the record for useless and dumb, but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.

Posted by Estee on 03-20-13 at 06:13 AM
Repeatedly. But this made it into the top ten in a single nosedive (bleeding encouraged) and might just keep ascending (or dropping) from there. Assuming there's any 'there' there. ABC generally doesn't pull reality shows before the bitter end unless they're good, so this thing could live forever -- unless the ratings sink faster than the contestants.

The only thing I learned last night: Kendra is the new Coolio. She's on the grand Whatever Anyone Will Pay Me For tour, and she has no intention of getting off any time ever. If only the Wife Swap producers had paired them up...

I would appreciate someone explaining the scoring, though. With a straight face.

Posted by Snidget on 03-20-13 at 12:38 PM
*looks at scores on wikipedia*

The scale goes to 20? 100? 1475?

*checks review*

Enthusiasm counts, apparently.

Posted by kingfish on 04-03-13 at 09:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-13 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

I watched a little of this last nite..

I just wanted to see Louie Anderson compete. I had a bet with myself that he wouldn't be able to climb the stairs to whichever platform (Oh please make him jump from the 30 meter board, please please please!).

And little wussy Kendra refused to jump, making Louie's jump unecessary. Bitch.

I guess I'll just have to watch it again next week. I'ts a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Watching Kareem jump might be interesting too.

Recording it then fast forwarding thru all the filler time will be the way to go for this show, as with most others.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-23-13 at 09:46 PM
Is anyone still watching this? I have to admit this show is a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't know why I like it but I do. I guess I like watching those celebs go way out of their comfort zone.

Definitely need to watch it with the remote in hand though.

Posted by Hoobie on 04-24-13 at 01:19 PM
I'm still in...but it's more because it's such disbelief that this would even be a show, and everyone takes it so seriously. OK, I'll admit that I've learned some, and it's certainly not something that I could/would do. But what's next? Celebrity Knitting? Archery with the Stars?

Further, I don't know how Louie goes and literally rolls off of a platform and gets the same score as Katherine!

Posted by CTgirl on 04-24-13 at 01:53 PM
Yeah, there is a train wreck aspect to it! I watched the first skating with the stars for the same reason.

Louie gets 10s for effort from the judges. I am intrigued watching him try to dive with his short, heavy body the same way I am with Kareem trying to fold, twist and contort his long body into a good looking dive.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 05:18 PM
That show was funny at first, but then it was all wet and I quit watching.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:42 PM
I'm starting a petition to bring it back. Estee, not Splash.