URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 2258
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Trump is Pathetic & Apprentice has Jumped the Shark"

Posted by mocha madness on 03-09-07 at 01:33 PM
This show is so over that no one even makes snarky comments about what a pathetic jerk The Donald has become on his own show. You would think Mark Burnett could save him from himself, but that is not possible.

For example: Does anyone really think that Snoop Dog is a "really good friend" of the Donald? Snoop is a huge dope smoker....do you think he shares some weed with his good friend The Donald? I could believe that Snoop might be interested in being friends with Ivanka, but a good friend of The Donald? Come on.

The Donald's comments about what a great body that he has, and how he could wear one of those gay boy swimsuits....who believes that one?

The stunt casting....the women are almost all very good looking....as if that is the sole qualification to be on this show.

The overdone switching of teams between the mansion and camping out...with Trump implying that living in the tents is like living in the slums.

Trump makes condescending and rude remarks to the contestants....more now in this cycle then ever before. Maybe Melania is too tired from their new born to give The Donald the 100% attention and fawning that he seems to need.

Trump had to keep browbeating Michelle as a quitter....perhaps she was just too smart to want to play his game, and would not kow-tow to the Donald....I always want someone to just say to The Donald...."You are too rude, and I would not want to work with you?" Now that would make for good TV.

Finally, the real mystery to me is how in the world can his kids seem to be so well grounded, polite, and smart. You would think that a massive ego like The Donald would spawn a Paris Hilton or two.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Trump is Pathetic & Apprentice has Jumped the Shark"
Posted by prosecutor on 03-09-07 at 02:38 PM
Re: your comment about how well grounded the children are. They have a mother you know and a smart woman she is actually. Give her credit too.

Posted by mysticwolf on 03-09-07 at 06:36 PM
And, frankly, no matter what kind of a jerk Donald is, at least originally he did not get his wealth simply handed to him. And, I doubt that he's interested in simply handing it over to someone who isn't willing to work for it and prove they're at least somewhat deserving.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if his kids decided to sit on their hands instead of working hard he'd fire them, too. And, if they decided to simply wait to inherit? I'm betting they'd be sorely disappointed when it came time to read the will.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary
I still remember an interview he gave, accompanied by his son, back when the kid was still in HS. He made the mistake of slouching in his chair. Donald read him the riot act - on air. I was impressed.

Posted by MsDeeVeeAns on 03-11-07 at 00:45 AM
>This show is so over that
>no one even makes snarky
>comments about what a pathetic
>jerk The Donald has become
>on his own show.
>You would think Mark Burnett
>could save him from himself,
>but that is not possible.
>
>
>For example: Does anyone really
>think that Snoop Dog is
>a "really good friend" of
>the Donald? Snoop is
>a huge dope smoker....do you
>think he shares some weed
>with his good friend The
>Donald? I could believe
>that Snoop might be interested
>in being friends with Ivanka,
>but a good friend of
>The Donald? Come on.
>
>
snipped

Mocha I agree with everything you said..I really was thinking those things about SNOOP too -mister let me go smoke some dope and rap badly about the black women.....yeah okay.

Those kids are only decent because of their mother that I do know and while DT may have worked hard,I will not begrudge him that, he got his credibility from his daddy. Lets not forget that. He still has no class and that is self evident.

Posted by iltarion on 03-12-07 at 00:44 AM
This show having jumped the shark is the only thing in this post I can agree with.

The contentions made above-

Donald and Snoop can not be good friends, apparently simply because Snoop is black and smokes dope. Ah, okay, if you say so. So if you are white and don't smoke dope, then you can't be good friends with Snoop? That is nonsense.

Donald made comments about having a body good enough to fit in the gay man's swimsuit. Hahaha... obviously he was kidding about that. I believe he said straight out that he would never wear a suit like that, in a more serious moment. Let's allow a guy the ability to joke around a little.

The women are almost all good looking. Well, booyah to that! But are the guys ugly slobs? Hardly. Just like with the women, there are usually 1 or 2 non GQ guys in the cast, who usually are there for comedy, nothing more.

Tents vs. being in slums. Yeah, that part of the show is overdone, but I don't see how that is Trump's fault. He made it clear when talking to Michelle that he didn't think living in tents was that big of a hardship.

Trump makes condescending remarks. People see condescension where they want to, and you want to see it. Trump is very complimentary to every cast member and says virtually nothing but good things to everyone who has ever been fired.

Trump browbeat Michelle as a quitter. Michelle WAS a quitter. Not sure where the problem is there. Michelle was my favorite cast member until that point, but she quit. Quitters suck. She deserved what she got from Trump and worse.

His kids being well-grounded is shocking. Well, his kids know him personally and we don't. They respect him. That probably matters more than some poster's opinion.

Posted by pines6217 on 03-20-07 at 10:02 PM
>Trump browbeat Michelle as a quitter. Michelle WAS a quitter. >Not sure where the problem is there. Michelle was my favorite >cast member until that point, but she quit. Quitters suck. She >deserved what she got from Trump and worse.

...and Donald warned Michelle that this is the decision that she eventually will regret the rest of her life. But wait a minute - didn't Carolyn Kepcher also quit? There must be some "dark secrets" within the Trump organization that could very well make both of these resignations justifiable. And I doubt that Michelle is going to have any regrets telling her grandchildren that she witnessed one contestant that had to go to the bathroom, and all Donald did was make a big joke about it! And judging by what I've seen so far in this series

>> An overreaction-firing of a contestant who just made an honest joke of himself but was otherwise 99.4% professional in the boardroom (Donald said he was COMPLETELY unprofessional).

>> In the last two shows, both losing tasks were "exceptionally poor" which would suggest to me that the contestants must have thrown the task so that the "white folks" (including Donald) can all get together and eliminate the minority.

>> A no-sense firing of Mona (who was a risk-taker) over Heidi (who doesn't appear to have the guts to make tough decisions).

>> Throughout the entire series, Donald has treated everyone that has been his "eyes-and-ears" with upmost respect - except Randall.

... I'm envisioning the Trump Organization as the spitting image of "Duke & Duke Enterprises" in "Trading Places"

Posted by qwertypie on 03-22-07 at 04:32 PM
supposedly Carolyn was let go because she wasn't loyal enough to the Don (ie, she was getting speaking engagements, book deals and her numbers were becoming higher than his)

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by lindan on 03-12-07 at 08:51 AM
>Trump makes condescending and rude remarks
>to the contestants....more now in
>this cycle then ever before

Interesting comment about his rude remarks towards the candidates. During the show, he makes a lot of condescending remarks about the candidates, but in the live finale, he keeps saying that each candidate (including the ones that have already been fired. Eg. Ivana, Jenn C, Stacie J) is so outstanding or fantastic. Why all of a sudden would he contradict himself?

>I always want someone to
>just say to The Donald...."You
>are too rude, and I
>would not want to work
>with you?" Now that
>would make for good TV.
If somebody does indeed say that, Trump probably would make sure that the editing team wouldn't put that part on TV

Posted by Mike Hunt on 03-25-07 at 08:26 AM
Interesting comment about his rude remarks towards the candidates. During the show, he makes a lot of condescending remarks about the candidates, but in the live finale, he keeps saying that each candidate (including the ones that have already been fired. Eg. Ivana, Jenn C, Stacie J) is so outstanding or fantastic. Why all of a sudden would he contradict himself?

Even if he was "In love" with each candidate through out the show, he would still have to find valid reasons for their termination. Trump has always spoken proudly that casting for the Apprentice reviewed "millions" of applications. Obstensibly, from this list, only the best of the best were selected to appear on the show. On the final telecast, I think Trump attempts to puff the candidates back up in an attempt to destigmatize them and as a wink to the fact that termination situations and the associated dram are largely created to make for good TV.

Posted by maryellennaco on 03-12-07 at 04:05 PM
Two words on why the kids are the way they are and not like that idiot Paris Hilton....
IVANA TRUMP

Posted by foonermints on 03-24-07 at 11:57 PM
»For example: Does anyone really think that Snoop Dog is a "really good friend" of the Donald?«

I'm sure Mr. Trump will help out his "really good friend" for something as paltry as this.

Then again, with 6° of seperation, he could call Arnold, couldn't he?

Posted by Mike Hunt on 03-25-07 at 08:18 AM
"Finally, the real mystery to me is how in the world can his kids seem to be so well grounded, polite, and smart. You would think that a massive ego like The Donald would spawn a Paris Hilton or two."

Do you really think that "The Donald" plays much of a role in raising his children? I imagine that what you're seeing on TV is the product of years of boarding schools. Yet, I think Trump introduced his children to his social circle at a very young age. You never see Paris in the news as having anything to do with her parents in a meaningful way.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-25-07 at 11:18 AM
Welcome to the boards "Mike"!

Posted by Mike Hunt on 03-25-07 at 12:00 PM
Thankyou. Decided to join in on some of the fun after lurking for a bit.

Posted by foonermints on 03-25-07 at 01:03 PM
*pours margarita for Mike*

Unless you'd rather have a Pisco Sour.

Posted by Mike Hunt on 03-25-07 at 01:16 PM
Ahhhhhh! That was good. What, no chips?