URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID78
Thread Number: 225
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season Five....."

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-06-08 at 02:04 AM
Since there's not a whole lot of traffic I'm just generically posting as Season Five.

I just want to say, I still hate Gaby's storyline. I'm sorry but I disagree with whoever said last week they could see Gaby getting frumpy after having a family. I think it's ridiculous that she's lost all sense of fashion and make-up just because she now has kids. Please. I don't think fertilized eggs makes one lose brain cells. And to forget how to put on make-up and do your hair? Whatever. The writer's are reaching and I'm losing interest.

I felt sorry for Lynette. It's hard to be shut out of a teenager's life. But that was so wrong. Tom cracked me up with his "break up" letter.

The other's I'm either not irritated enough to comment on or interested enough.

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season Five....."
Posted by Snidget on 10-06-08 at 09:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-08 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

I guess I've just known people who really do completely let themselves go at some point. Maybe no one you know ever gave up wearing makeup or doing their hair, but I know people who have at least for awhile at some point in their life.

It isn't just that her eggs fertilized, it can happen for any number of reasons, but I've seen people that don't always every single day of their life keep it all pulled together. I'm not sure how much for me would be "just" she had kids, but the whole loss of how I thought my life would play out doesn't always lead people to keeping all parts of their life (including appearance) all put together all the time. She's got some part of trying to pretend life didn't change with some part giving up even trying anymore. With a bit of delusion tossed in for good measure.

One of the problems with Eva is I think she's so cute even without all the glamor and glitz I think they did have to exaggerate the frump more than they might for some other people to make things visually dramatic enough.

ETA: Had she had kids when being able to afford a chef and a nanny and maid and all of that I think she'd still be wearing makeup. Losing all that at the same time as making a family could lead to some frump.

Sigs by AgGhoul

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-06-08 at 01:22 PM
Was that you?

Here's my point: I can see her not wearing makeup and dressing up everyday. But last night she was excited to go to a major socialite party. She went with her hair barely done and no makeup. I'm sorry, but it's not like she lost that part of her brain that knew how to dress up. And the stuff she wears everyday is beyond t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, it's "let's see how frumpy I can actually try to make myself look". It's unrealistic and I'm not buying it.

And two kids is not like have 5 or 8 or a dozen. Sheesh (that sheesh is for the writer's, not for you Snidget).

Posted by Snidget on 10-06-08 at 02:25 PM
Yea, I think it was me.

I do think Gaby would have cleaned up a bit for a party, but I can see for the visuals that some makeup even a bit of a hair do and even a half-way stylish pair of jeans and a halfway form fitting top on a casual day and I dunno if you'd visually get the "let herself go" vibe from how Eva looks.

If she was one you really had to doll up to look halfway decent on TV they probably wouldn't have to take the frump so far. I think I've seen pictures of her out in not much make up and standard casual clothes and she still looks way better than most of us can on a good day with professional help.

Sigs by AgGhoul

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-06-08 at 03:00 PM
I'm rebelling against the fact that the writer's are trying too hard to shove a new and unimproved frumpy Gaby down our throats.

My sister had twins and within 2 years married a man that had twins that was the same age as her twins plus two that was 2 and 3 years older than the 2 sets of twins and she never "forgot" how to dress up. Hell, I had one and have been known to go with convertible top hair and no makeup but I could still doll up when the occassion arose. I do NOT see her going to the party looking like she did last night EVER, and that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it

Posted by Snidget on 10-06-08 at 03:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-08 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

I agree they are exaggerating the frump. Why I can't get that point across I don't know.

I'm saying to even make Eva look vaguely frumpy the stylists have to take to an extreme.

I wish I had the strength to maintain all my appearance stuff all the time as I'm usually just worn out taking care of my own self.

I at least usually remember to brush my hair and toss on some lipstick for a party, but most of the time you are lucky if you get anything more than that, even for something fancy.

ETA, but I'm lucky the lashes are long and dark and a lot of the stuff women have to do I don't think I have to. Even when I go get done up they hardly put any makeup on me and spending 25 minutes to look the same as not wearing anything just usually isn't in the schedule.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-06-08 at 06:31 PM
I'm not arguing your point. I was just stating I don't buy the level of frump being used and I kind of resent it. This being towards the writers. I guess I've not been making myself clear.

But I'm one of those girls where when I don't wear make-up I look tired and puny. So 10 minutes with some brushes and a wand and I'm 10 years younger.

Posted by Snidget on 10-06-08 at 07:36 PM
Other than evening out a few freckles it never does much for me.

Luckily I don't usually have dark circles under the eyes.

Since all they do is blank out any color I have and then tell me to put the same damn color back on as the exact shade of pink and brown my cheeks and eyelids are seem to be just perfect for my coloring. Who knew? They usually won't even do anything bright on the lips at all and tell me nudes/natural is the way to go. *sigh* If it looks like chapstick, I'd rather wear chapstick.

I'm not sure I blame the writers for the level of frump, I don't blame them for going with that story line. The over exaggerated nature of it I think is more the stylist/director types than the writers picking something that would never happen once someone can't afford to go to the salon and the spa to maintain themselves like they used to and are focused on the kids rather than their looks.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-07-08 at 12:44 PM
Lucky girl. You know those ads when you go to yahoo and the really old ugly girl is there then this brush comes along and magically makes her young and beautiful again? Yep, that's me

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on Gaby's storyline and the writer's this year.

But one point *grin I know I'm like a dog with a bone and I'm not trying to prove your wrong and I'm right, I'm just showing you where I'm coming from
I mean heck, look at Lynette's life when the monsters, oops I meant kids were young, she never looked frumpy. And her life was as messy as Gaby's is now.

*snort It's a good thing we have this to disagree on or this forum might die.

Posted by lilly4life on 10-14-08 at 08:26 PM
I agree if she had money still then she would still be the same Gabby. I do however, think that she would not be even half as involved with her kids as she is if she still had money

Posted by Bebo on 10-06-08 at 09:30 AM
As someone with two small children, I can totally buy into Gabi's frump. She's overwhelme with two small kids, a blind husband, and no money. She's always been able to spend so much time and money on her personal maintenance, and now she has neither.

Lynette and Tom rock. The others? ZZZZZZz

Posted by qwertypie on 10-06-08 at 11:05 PM
For some reason Bre's story line reminded me of the Flintstones Glockenspiel story line. And Bre and Wilma have the same hair colour.

Keep your hubby happy. When he's a little chubby-- He's a happy pappy! With Glockenspiel!

Posted by samboohoo on 10-08-08 at 09:46 AM
I haven't seen Sunday's episode yet, but I agree with you in this regard. I don't have two, just one. But I can buy into her frump based on my own frump with the one.

Based on what we have seen so far, Gaby actually did deliver the two kids. And it looks like two within five years. Strike 1. Gaby has always been about Gaby. And now she has a blind husband and two kids. Strike 2. Gaby has no money. Strike 3.

Bravie is my favorite.

Posted by Jay1205 on 10-09-08 at 11:16 AM
The thing I can't justify ... when did Gaby lose her sense of style? Sure, she can't afford her designer clothes anymore, but hairbands and unbrushed hair??! The get-up she had on at the country club dinner was hideous!

"The Dave Mystery"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-27-08 at 11:47 AM
We know after last night that he is seeking revenge on a male. For a brief moment last night, I thought Karen might somehow be his mother - because of the picture he moved.

Is it safe to assume he has had some sort of plastic surgery since none of the men recognize him? Or did one harm him in a way they don't know about?

Could he really be Paul coming back with revenge for Mike?

Glow Pop made me skeeeeery.

"RE: The Dave Mystery"
Posted by LostAddict on 10-27-08 at 01:11 PM
I think he is after Mike for some reason. Too weird that he was adamant about having him in the band and moving back to Wisteria Lane.

"Susan"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-27-08 at 11:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-08 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

I'm assuming she kept "Meyer" as her name even when she married Mike becaues of her professional ties with it. Why would she go back to Meyer? No need to do it for Julie since Julie is grown. I would think if she had changed to Delfino, she would have kept it because of MJ.

Not a big deal, but it hasn't been explained and probably should.

ETA: I'm glad she and Jackson are done. Or appear to be done. Their relationship sure didn't seem to be "just sex" to me. And I assume it's Jackson that sleeps with Katherine next week.

Glow Pop made me skeeeeery.

"RE: Susan"
Posted by LostAddict on 10-27-08 at 01:08 PM
I agree. I caught on to the whole last name thing with Susan last night and it just seemed weird to me. She could still use Meyer professionally but use Delfino legally. Odd.

"RE: Susan"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-27-08 at 03:51 PM
Or maybe she's like me and just never bothered to change her name.

Surfin' Safari with Tribe

"A man's pov on Gaby"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-03-08 at 04:02 PM
Last night was the first time DH has watched this show this season. When Gaby was on he said Good God what happened to Gaby? *snort I told him that the writers think that having two kids makes you forget how to brush your hair and put on makeup and gives you the buy ugly clothes gene. His response - "ohhhh - looks at me.....glad you only had one."

"RE: A man's pov on Gaby"
Posted by byoffer on 11-03-08 at 05:33 PM
That is funny. My DW just keeps thinking that Eva is pregnant, and they are not trying to hard to hide it. If the previews are correct, she will be living it up poolside with Carlos new sugar-mama, and we will get to see if it is the actress or the character.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-10-08 at 10:14 AM
I think after last night I'm giving up on DH.

There's not a single storyline I'm really invested in. I find Susan's and Bree's boring this year, I'm not going to like Mike with Katherine (I want my fairytale ending to stay a fairytale for Susan and Mike dammit), while I love Lynette this affair between her son and the married woman kind of creeps me out. But Gaby is the one that I'm totally turned off by. I could have forgiven the stupid writers and clothing people, but I can't stand the character now. Gaby's the one that used to make me laugh the hardest and cry the most (taking the baby away from her) and now she's just a hateful, haggy shrew. Making the butler wade into the pool to give her her drink was ridiculous and not funny in the least, etc.

Maybe by season's end we'll all find out that Mrs McCluskey was in a coma from the tornado and all of this was just a dream

I'm sad that I don't care that DH is ending with Season 7.

Posted by byoffer on 11-10-08 at 10:24 AM
I'm with you on that Tummy. In fact the only character I like is Mrs McCluskey (oh, and her sister!) and the only storyline I want to see out is the psycho guy. I haven't seen any spoilers, but suspect he is after Delfino.

Overall, the story lines seemed very forced, and not overly clever. Too bad, as this show was fun.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-10-08 at 11:39 AM
I haven't watched last night yet. I just watched last week's on Saturday. Dave mentioned his brother was killed in prison, which led me to believe he is after Mike - especially after he set him up with the house and is insistent about him being in the garage band.

Tis the season.

"12/7/08 Episode"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-09-08 at 09:04 AM
Gaby: Perhaps we are now getting some insight into why she really looks so dumpy. In addition to Carlos getting a first glance at what she has given up, we too are seeing it. No more fancy clothes, no jewelry, no luxury.

Dave: The mystery continues. A few episodes ago, Dave mentioned something about his brother. But now it looks like it was his wife and daughter who were killed in the accident. Did he also lose a brother? Is he blaming Mike for the accident? Something is not adding up for me.

I'm glad we are getting more of Bob & Lee.

Tis the season.

"RE: 12/7/08 Episode"
Posted by flipxcyd on 12-09-08 at 02:59 PM
It seems to me that Dave is getting back at Mike by killing off Susan and MJ. Mike caused the deaths of his wife and daughter. Perhaps Dave is paying Mike back. But then again there is a distinct possibility of Katherine being affected in all this. She might end up in the car with MJ instead of Susan being there.

I am totally not liking where this Lynette/Porter storyline is heading. I mean, really? Did they not do an autopsy on that guy who was choked to death and then lit on fire? Did they find Porter's fingerprints all over the storage room? These cops are working off based on the guy who was a supposed hero for the fire?

I'm liking Gaby more and more. She made sacrifices to keep her family afloat. She's grown up from her days as a spoiled wife with no kids.

I liked the storyline with Bree's son and Alex. I almost forgot about Bob and Lee.

Posted by KScott on 12-09-08 at 03:59 PM
Wasn't Susan the one driving when they had the wreck?

Snidget rocks! Friday Night Lights Rules!

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by samboohoo on 12-10-08 at 10:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-08 AT 10:20 AM (EST)

Yes, Susan was driving the car.

This is where it is not adding up for me.

I remember it being revealed to us that Dave had a grudge against Mike for something that happened to Dave's brother in prison.

But Sunday's episode made it look like Dave was the husband of the woman and child killed in the accident. Honestly, I thought at the time we learned of the accident that a woman and boy had been killed by Susan. Sunday showed a woman and girl.

Also, I would think Dave, if he were her husband, would have been revealed at that time as the person who was left behind.

The whole Dave connection now doesn't make sense unless Dave has had plastic surgery.

ETA Recap from ABC.com:

"We learn more about Dave's motivations when he mentions to Edie that he's borrowed the band name from his late brother's high school band. Edie can't believe she's never heard about something as painful as a brother who died in prison at the hands of another inmate. Dave assures her, "I've got my own way of dealing with it." "

Tis the season.

Posted by samboohoo on 12-10-08 at 10:10 AM
I'm not quite sure they could identify the body that was recovered. I don't know that, but I'm not sure. It seemed to me at the time that that was the point of origin, and that he would have been burned beyond recognition.

If they found anything that could identify him, would he have been identified on the news? Perhaps that story will come, I don't know. Perhaps that will be a story involving Mrs. McClusky and her sister.

Tis the season.

Posted by byoffer on 12-10-08 at 11:20 AM
Sorry, late to the party. Took me a while to shower and spritz myself with Axe to wash off the BO .

First off, I fell in love with Gaby for perhaps the first time on Sunday. She was always a hottie, but that episode with her and Carlos... heck, I fell in love with him too.

Now on to the mystery of Dave. Just how much of a leap are they going to ask us to make? Are they going to ask us to believe that Mike was involved in the death of Dave's brother in prison, and in a completely separate accident the death of his wife and daughter? Too much coincidence for me.

We need to understand why Dave had a parole officer/psychologist. We know the wife and daughter died about 5 years ago. He might have been sad and angry, but wouldn't have gotten a psychologist that he had to check in with regularly unless he had done something bad. And away from Springfield (or whatever the name of the town where Wysteria Lane is) since the doctor had to travel to get to WL?

I agree that the next piece to the puzzle will come from Mrs. McClusky and her sister. I even wonder if maybe Dave grew up in the neighbourhood, and there is some childhood event adding to the pain.

I have no spoilers on any of this, so all just my speculation.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-10-08 at 12:10 PM
Dammit Boo, I'm in the middle of a protest here! Fine. I'll give my 2 cents, but you owe me a cookie!

Ok, I'm back to liking Gaby and Carlos. But I'm even more irritated with whoever dressed her as a frump to begin with. So she only remembers that orange and purple together is garish when Carlos' isn't blind? Ugh.
I'm glad they're showing a stronger yet softer side of Gaby, that whole ##### side that they were doing (butler in the pool) thing was a great big turn off.

Now on to Dave: I think it was the very first episode of the season where they showed the woman and the child that was in the accident with Susan and Mike and I don't think the kid had white blond hair like the child from Sunday's episode. Mike killed someone in prison and got off on self-defense which could have been Dave's brother but doesn't explain the ghost wife and kid. And didn't Dave's file say "Criminally insane" in one episode or did I just dream that, and why do I think Dave's been in a mental hospital.... And why is nothing at all tying together? Argh, too many questions and loose threads....

Now aren't you glad you prodded me into coming back Boo *grin

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

Posted by byoffer on 12-11-08 at 09:03 AM
So she only remembers that orange and purple together is garish when Carlos' isn't blind?

Oh Tummy, I think you have missed the point. I don't think it was that Gaby forgot how to match colours, but more that they really wanted to frump her up to show that she had sold all her fancy clothes to make ends meet. I suspect most of the frumpy clothes came from some sort of discount clothing place (Salvation Army?) and maybe matching colours were not available/economical. Sure, that is a stretch, but compared to the other stretches these shows ask us to believe maybe not a huge one.

About the accident, I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3XnG88WKQ&feature=related

The little girl does have blond curly hair. Funny, but from looking at the actual accident scene I would not expect anyone in the car (vs the truck) to have been injured, as the car barely moves whereas the truck rolls.

Even if this was Dave's family in the car, and they were killed, there is still a big gap to explain the "criminally insane" part. I am inclined to think it goes back to the prison thing.

Posted by samboohoo on 12-11-08 at 10:18 AM
Agree with you about Gaby.

About the accident: Around the 1:04 mark, you can see that the woman and girl Dave keeps seeing are the woman and girl in the park at the 1:04 mark. Also, Susan is driving the black SUV and Lila is driving the silver/blue Saab. Lila is clearly the one who misses the stop sign and comes into the intersection where Susan hits her.

Tis the season.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-11-08 at 11:23 AM
Ok, as of this moment I am releasing all my irritation towards Gaby's frump and chalking it up to bad writing. *whoosh There it's gone.

By - I'm so glad you posted that clip. They are one and the same. But I still don't understand the connection with Mike and Dave and Mother/daughter. Why isn't he fixated on Susan? And surely the police report showed that it was because the stop sign was down.

I'm wondering if the writer's are writing themselves into a corner.

"Pure Speculation"
Posted by LostAddict on 12-10-08 at 12:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-08 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

I'm loving Gabi (and Carlos) too. I just hope that they don't take away ALL of her catyiness. (is that even a word?)

On to Dave....
What if... because of the death of his brother (at the hands of Mike) it caused him to become "criminially insane" or whatever the paper said. Because of this he developed the anger issues and somehow killed (even if maybe by accident) his wife and child. Hence, he would still blame Mike for their death.

"RE: Pure Speculation"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-10-08 at 01:28 PM
I think his brother was actually his twin brother *revelation gasp inserted here* and that now he's sharing his body with his brother to avenge his brother's death and that of his brother's wife and child. What a kooky world we live in that Mike was instrumental in both the brother's death and the wife and kid.

*pulls tongue out of cheek

Posted by LostAddict on 12-10-08 at 01:31 PM
But then wouldn't Mike recognize him? Or is this where the plastic surgery comes in....

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-10-08 at 02:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-08 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

Well crud, go and spoil a girl's fun, whydoncha You and your superior sleuthing skills. <----say that one fast 3x's!

eta - I bet Boo's so glad she pulled me out of DH retirement now *grin

Posted by LostAddict on 12-10-08 at 03:15 PM
Are you making fun of my lisp?

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-10-08 at 05:57 PM
Yeth, I am.

thuperior theuthing thills, thuperior theuthing thills, thuperior theuthing thills

Thorry to anybody that hath a real lithp!

Posted by samboohoo on 12-11-08 at 10:22 AM
Interesting theory. I still find it such a stretch.

Ugggh.

Tis the season.

Posted by LostAddict on 12-11-08 at 10:32 AM
Oh, I know. I just can't figure out how he's connected to Mike through his brother, and how he's trying to revenge the death of his wife & child. Just confusing.

Posted by bdemoney on 01-07-09 at 02:02 PM
I think that Mike killed his brother while in prison and that is why Dave wants revenge now.

I think his wife and daughter dying is not related to the accident that Mike and Susan had...I think they may have just died (in an unrelated accident) or left him when he went crazy!

There's no saying that Mike had to be involved with the mom and daughter splitting.

awesome sig pic created by syren

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-07-09 at 04:23 PM
Up there ^ somewhere is a youtube link showing that the wife and daughter are the same as the two that was in the wreck with Mike and Susan.

Agman took me to the islands

Posted by pizzy187 on 12-19-08 at 03:14 PM
I actually think this season has been a big improvement on season 4. I'm surprised myself, as the last 2 minutes of the season 4 finale had me questioning my Sunday night at 9 time slot. It has proven itself pretty well I'd say...

"First episode of 2009"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-07-09 at 04:28 PM
Did not move the Dave/Mike story along one whit. Grrrrr.

And I'm sorry, I don't blame Gaby for pushing Carlos to take the well paying job. I'm sure that it's going to turn out horrible and a lesson for Gaby, but come on, she's been not even making ends meet for 5 years (selling jewelry to fix things dries up sooner or later. Carlos needs to find a balance between his wants and Gaby's needs.

I looked at Rob and said "you'd be teaching the blind on weekends" before it was said.

"RE: First episode of 2009"
Posted by Loree on 01-08-09 at 00:15 AM
I was laughing along with Gaby when she realized who Susan had slept with.

Posted by LostAddict on 01-08-09 at 11:28 AM
Yes, that was a RIOT. My question is, did she REALLY sleep with him and he's covering it up, or did she NOT and he's telling the truth?

Posted by Bebo on 01-09-09 at 10:10 AM
Whichever. What a nice way to bring Lee into the storyline more. Since Bob's a lawyer, there were professional ways to bring him in, but Lee's been one of the neighbor wives on the fringe. With Susan the only single one, it makes sense that she's looking for a confidante.

Posted by samboohoo on 01-10-09 at 11:07 AM
Agree. I can't wait until he joins the poker game.

Tis the season.

Posted by samboohoo on 01-10-09 at 11:16 AM
Hey we agree about Gaby for once.

About Mike & Susan & Dave: It's really bothering me. I heard some Bunco girls talking about it at one of the tables, and they think Mike was driving. I'm like, "Go look at Byoffer's link, and you will clearly see Susan was driving." Oh yeah, that makes no sense to them.

If somehow this all changes, and it turns out Mike is the driver, I really won't watch anymore. I just wish it made more sense.

Tis the season.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-11-09 at 08:32 AM
Oh hell no, girlfriend! You wouldn't let me NOT watch, so I will pull you kicking and screaming into this thread every week until you give in.

But I am with you, they need to make sure this makes sense and hurry the thing along already. Sheesh.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-12-09 at 07:27 AM
What the hell! Have the writers lost their freaking minds? Are they really trying to shove the "Mike killed Dave's wife and kid in the wreck" down our throats? Do they not read message boards?

Boo, I'm kicking you for not letting me forego the rest of this season a few episodes back. I do think there's been more I've hated about this season than liked, and I haven't loved any of it.

And I still want to know why Edie isn't in the lead-in where all the 'wives are catching the apples.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq

Posted by samboohoo on 01-12-09 at 09:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-09 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

I will let you know after lunch when I watch. But if this is what I think it is, then it looks like the writers are not reading their own scripts. Or watching the final version of the car. The Youtube clip clearly shows Susan driving the car.

ETA: Tummy, the only thing I can think of at the moment is that Dave "thinks" Mike was driving the car. Surely the writers can't be that stupid. Surely, right?

Tis the season.

Posted by Bebo on 01-12-09 at 10:35 PM
I just have to say that I wish I could have Reggie come over and get my kids to clean up every once in awhile.

Posted by samboohoo on 01-13-09 at 08:26 AM
I could use Reggie at mealtime.

Tis the season.

"Episode 100"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-19-09 at 09:24 AM
I really liked the episode lastnight, even if it didn't really move any of the storylines along.

Beau Bridges part was excellent. Loved Mary Alice being in the episode and I loved seeing Gaby move into the neighborhood.

"RE: Episode 100"
Posted by samboohoo on 01-19-09 at 11:49 AM
I flipped over during a commercial on the game and saw Lynette talking about planning Eli's memorial, to which I responded out loud, "Who the heck is Eli?" So I had to watch long enough to figure it out. I won't be able to watch the entire episode until Wednesday or Thursday.

Tis the season.

Posted by byoffer on 01-20-09 at 00:02 AM
It was a good enough ep, but total filler from a season perspective. I think we are all desperate to see where the storyline is going, so that was annoying.

The one piece that I couldn't figure was Edie and Dave. I thought there was some tension between them when we left off the storyline, and yet they were on vacation last night? Huh?

It was a good excuse to show off Edie's body. I have to agree with Eli's comments on that

Posted by samboohoo on 01-23-09 at 12:08 PM
I think there was a little tension, but after being locked in the basement with Susan, Edie forgave him.

LOL at Edie and Eli. Good for Eli.

I liked it. I liked how they tied so many things in to Eli - especially Bree and her cookbook. But I agree, we need to move on.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-09-09 at 08:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-09 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

At least we've gotten a smidge of a bit of movement on the Dave storyline. He's such a freak.

Mmnmnnnmmmnnn<===my rant on the way Gaby looks now, because I'm sure you're tired of hearing my viewpoint. Nice to know we're going to be seeing a nicer, gentler Gaby. I was afraid we'd be seeing more of that b!tch that made the butler wade into the pool to serve her.

Lynette is beautiful. I've always thought she was pretty but the cancer really agreed with her because she's beautiful now.

Good for Susan getting a job. And I still hate Mike and Katherine together.

Edie seems to really have gotten her act together. Too bad she's married to Dave.

I feel for Bree. I think being that successful would be hard to juggle around you're friends. She should be able to enjoy it. I think Lynette was showing the green monster a little too much.

eta - That I think giving Gaby two kids was a mistake. I don't see any good storylines coming from that move. And that I'm really enjoying Brothers and Sisters more than DH this year.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-09-09 at 09:12 AM
I won't be able to watch until at least tomorrow. I was actually in bed before 9 last night.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-09-09 at 10:53 AM
Geezer

Posted by samboohoo on 02-11-09 at 04:31 PM
Not done yet, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to cross-thread, cross-forum and cross-life.

I think I now know what happened to my $20k. And I will miss it.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by byoffer on 02-09-09 at 11:26 AM
Gaby is the chameleon. We go from hating her mean/selfish side, to loving her in an instant. And then back.

Kudos to Edie for the way she spoke to Gaby. I am liking Edie more. I agree on the bomb in her bed that is Dave. Yes, he is a freak.

Good for Tom standing up for his family. He has always been a wishy-washy character on this show. Will he get better? I doubt it. He was right when he said that the punch in the nose he gave Dave was tame compared to what Lynette would have done. Will anyone dig to learn more about why Dave lied?

I much prefer Mike and Catherine to Susan. Her character can leave now.

Bree is in a tough spot. Her perfection is well documented, and the pizza incident should not have been a surprise to Lynette. That wasn't really about money. But money can make for challenging relations.

Overall I thought it was an okay episode, but really want/need Karen and Lilly Tomlin to come back and solve the darn mystery of Dave!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-09-09 at 11:58 AM
I'm starting to question my tastes in people! I always like the person other people detest. I love Susan and would miss her quirkiness if she were gone. Even on reality shows I usually like the ones others don't. *sigh

Agree that Lynette shouldn't be surprised. But if Bree were an HGTV cooking show host she would turn me off. Not everyone can afford more than commercial grade parmesan.

I too am looking forward to more of Karen and Lily.

Posted by byoffer on 02-09-09 at 01:21 PM
My problem with Susan is she is way over the top from a reality perspective. Sure, all the character's stories are more than around my neighbourhood. But her story (like sneaking under the bed and grabbing the pearls) is just too much for me. She annoys me so much that I don't even find the actress attractive anymore!

I agree that Bree's attitude would make her recipes useless to the public, since very few of us can "grow their own organic parmesan".

<-- wonders if Tummy likes or detests him, and what that would mean!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-09-09 at 05:29 PM
That's why I like her, because she does stupid stuff and then owns up to it in that goofball kind of way. And I think she's beautiful, though a bit skinny.

Be worried, because I lurve you!

Posted by samboohoo on 02-12-09 at 01:44 PM
Okay, I finished watching.

Gaby: I agree with Byoffer about her. Her kids' angle is annoying me only because she wasn't pregnant when we left, and now she has two, and their ages are not falling within the five year absence. I loved her this episode.

Lynette/Bree: I am totally on Bree's side with all of it. I understand about the cheese, but there is a difference. And since she was featuring "Bree's recipes," she was wrong to substitute. I didn't agree with tossing them in the garbage, but that's Bree.

I don't like Mike and Katherine either. I loved Mike in this episode putting Susan in her place. I loved MJ stopping her leg from tapping. That was funny.

And I'm glad they are including Bob and Lee more. I wish I had a Lee.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by Loree on 02-09-09 at 11:37 AM
Good for Tom. Someone needs to know more about Dave. Will Tom start to snoop into Dave's past now?

I would rather have Mike with Catherine. But then I don't really like Susan. She is my least fave housewife.

Lynette had no right to advertise that they were going to be cooking Bree's recipes without informing Bree. I don't blame Bree for being upset. There is a big difference between fresh grated parmesan and what Lynette was using. Bree is a perfectionist and was upset that her recipes would not be made to her standards. Lynette was upset with Bree and it really was her own envy that was causing the problem.

And I wish Bree would learn to close a door. She left the outside door to her kitchen wide open when she left. And at the end of the show she left her house door open. Does she never close a door when she leaves?

"March 8 episode"
Posted by byoffer on 03-09-09 at 12:20 PM
Interesting show last night.

- Susan vs Catherine and the painting. This part bugged me, because I think any idiot should have known (and understood) why the painting came down. Then again, Susan has shown us time and again that she is not just any idiot.
- Lynette vs Tom. Wow, did they ever let go at each other during that dinner. Is there anyone else who could see any possible way how they could go home from that and be friends?
- Orson vs Fagin. "You've got to pick a pocket or two". Let's see where this story line goes, but clearly they are setting up a confrontation with Bree.
- Edie vs the priest. He tried to reject her, but let something slip. Only a baby step last night, but finally some movement in Dave's story. (I noticed that Karen was back, but sadly wasn't chasing Dave)
- Gaby vs Brad (Carlos' boss). To me this was actually the main story line last night. Gaby finding some conscience? Interesting how she has changed from her days with the garden boy. Back to the Gaby we love. Her pendulum swings more than any other character in that regard. Interesting that right from day 1 Carlos didn't want to work for Brad.
DW seems to recall that Gaby and Carlos were made god-parents to the Brad's. If Brad's wife gets sent away for murder, will Gaby and Carlos end up with those kids (and the bazillion dollars that seem to go with them)?

So what did you guys think of last night's show?

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

"RE: March 8 episode"
Posted by LostAddict on 03-09-09 at 02:26 PM
Susan v. Katherine was interesting. I agree with you. How could ANYONE not understand why she wouldn't want the painting. I was glad to see how it ended. Susan impressed me.

Lynette v. Tom. That was a hoot. At least my husband and I thought it was. The competitiveness for the same job was something we could both relate to. We would have done the same thing (maybe not get QUITE so personal with the cancer remark), and after being mad at each other for a few minutes, realized how ridiculous we were and made up.

Orson. Uggh. I'm absolutely hating this klepto story-line already.

Edie v. Priest. I'm glad the Dave story is going somewhere. What ever happened to the camping trip they were supposed to take?

Gaby. I like new Gaby. She's still bitchy enough, but has a heart now.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-10-09 at 08:55 AM
As usual, I am behind. I just can't get to it on Sundays.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by byoffer on 03-10-09 at 11:55 AM
I was thinking this must be the case. Okay, hurry back.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Posted by samboohoo on 03-10-09 at 01:50 PM
Susan is such a dimwit. I have decided that I don't like Mike & Katherine, but Susan certainly doesn't deserve him. If I were Katherine, I would have broken it over her head.

Lynette vs Tom. This is what makes them work, and I like them like this. She is so not a housewife, so it will be good for her to get back into the real world.

Orson vs Fagin. I knew Orson's dark side would be back, and I'm kind of sad about that - only because I love Bree and wanted the Norman Rockwell life for her. So much of Orson goes back to his mother. This should be fun to watch.

Edie vs the priest. Agree with you about movement, though I think this will still play out through May. Grrr. I wonder if this is the end of Lily Tomlin. Maybe Edie will go to Karen now.

Gaby. I agree with your assessment about Gaby, and this is the Gaby I love. Although it would have been slightly funny for her to have her hair cut. I wonder if somehow Carlos will now get the company. Very interesting.

I liked Sunday's episode, but I am ready for it to really get moving.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 03-17-09 at 07:59 AM
Getting here before anyone else gets here because I want to say I loved Susan this episode before anyone can trash her

And DH asked me to replay the kiss between Susan and Gaby, he's such a guy.

Dave just gets creepier and creepier, but I find myself wishing it were Katherine getting the "ax". I just don't like her.

Wow, who knew Gaby and Carlos' kids were still alive since I haven't seen them in forever. Wondering which writer is kicking themselves for giving Gaby kids.

and on a side note: I'm really enjoying Brothers and Sisters this season.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-17-09 at 04:50 PM
DH is not a fan of Gaby or Susan but he sure paid a lot of attention to the kiss as well.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-20-09 at 02:45 PM
I actually watched it on Sunday this time and am just now commenting.

Susan was okay in this episode. I really enjoyed the card game, and I'm so glad Lee is "one of the girls."

LOL at Gaby and Lynette. And I totally knew Carlos was going to get the company. Who didn't see htat coming?

I agree with you about Katherine, but I must tell you I grow more and more frustrated with the Dave storyline each week - if for nothing else but the fact that Susan was fricking driving the car that hit Dave's wife. Go to Byoffer's post earlier in this thread where we are discussing it. The whole scene revolves around "Susan and Dave's wife running into eachother," and the video clearly shows Susan's head on the steering wheel."

I will finish out this season to see where this goes, and if it doesn't go back to Susan, I will fire off an email to the writers about it. And then not watch again.

I wasn't sure about the whole Orson storyline until he exclaimed that it was the one thing Bree can't control, and then I accepted it.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by Loree on 03-21-09 at 10:41 AM
I am actually enjoying the Orson storyline. But the Dave storyline is annoying me simply because of the wrong driver being targetted. I hope the writers clear this up.

Posted by Loree on 03-21-09 at 10:43 AM
>and on a side note:
>I'm really enjoying Brothers and
>Sisters this season.

If I had to make a choice I would watch Brothers & Sisters over Desperate Housewives. I enjoy B&S more.

Posted by byoffer on 03-23-09 at 08:08 AM
I was away last week, so watched both the March 15th and 22nd episodes last night.

I hated the scenes with Carlos old girlfriend. She was way too annoying to be a) successful in business, and b) have been Carlos ex-gf.

The Dave storyline is right off the rails. Even the newspaper article faxed to Edie showed Mike as the non-guilty driver, when past eps have shown Susan as the driver. Boo - start drafting your letter!

Is that really how Edie will go? Kind of sad for someone who has become much better than in earlier seasons. What will become of Dave?? I suppose we will have to wait until next week.

The Orson thing was good in the 15th ep, but quite annoying in the 22nd one. Good for Bree standing up to him in the end. Loved Karen whacking him with the baseball bat. I hope Orson disappears now. Bad story line.

Lynette is still great, though the storylines are changing with several of the wives going back to work. Will we get more work storylines for a while?

Still tired after 20 hours driving over the last 2 days (why did they put Florida so far from Toronto?) but wanted to get some thoughts down.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-23-09 at 09:37 AM
What happened with Edie last night? I haven't seen it yet.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by KScott on 03-23-09 at 11:52 AM
Susan was definately driving and I think that Mike and Susan told the people at the scene that Mike was the one driving to somehow protect Susan. That is whay Dave thinks it was Mike, I bet he will find out that it was Susan before long...

Snidget rocks! Friday Night Lights Rules!

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by samboohoo on 03-23-09 at 06:17 PM
I don't recall seeing that anywhere. I think this was just poor writing.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by samboohoo on 03-23-09 at 06:19 PM
The only way I think she could have been Carlos' girlfriend is that they were both so cold, but I'm still not really buying it. Glad she is gone.

Edie was supposed to "die" in an accident. Her finger twitched. Interesting. I thought for sure she was going to hit Orson. Wouldn't that have been sweet justice.

Loved Gabby and Tom. He he he. Now we need Gaby, Tom & Lee together.

Also, I've always enjoyed Carl & Susan. Their banter was so much better than Susan's pathetic chase after Mike. I wonder if Carl is telling the truth though. "Can I bang your erasers?" He he eh.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by byoffer on 03-23-09 at 09:29 PM
The only way I think she could have been Carlos' girlfriend is that they were both so cold

Are you saying the old business Carlos was cold like that? That was when the show first started, and maybe that is true as Gaby needed to go elsewhere for "heat".

"Can I bang your erasers" - yes, that was funny. Foreshadowing? I wouldn't think so, but with this show one never knows. The kid's pictures were certainly dark, but at least he wasn't singing American Pie.

Gaby's kiss on Susan was very funny. Also loved the scene with Gaby and Tom. Oh, and in case anyone wonders, Tom was correct on the advise he gave Gaby.

I think any finger twitch on Edie was just the electricity. I expect the next episode will include her funeral.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-24-09 at 09:13 AM
Actually Susan was playing "American Pie" in the background while the kids were drawing. Susan was much better with Carl than with Mike. Because of her history with Carl, she was strong and stood up to him and had fire, wit and passion. With Mike, she was always desperate.

Yes, remember Carlos was always work, work, work in the beginning. Hence Gaby's affair with John.

And you are probably correct about Edie.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 03-24-09 at 11:27 AM
I think that Edie will survive the actual crash and Dave will probably kill her while in the hospital or something.

Orson, Orson, Orson...I so liked you, until last night.
He's such a little weasle, I hate the way the writers are taking his character as I've always liked he and Bree together. But to run instead of going over to help Edie showed he has no worth.

The only way that the writers can save the storyline of Dave and Mike is to do as Doodle suggested above, but at this point it will be a total after thought. There could have been a good storyline there if they'd intentionally followed through with it.

04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

Posted by samboohoo on 03-24-09 at 12:56 PM
I just saw something in KScott's spoilers thread about Dave having targeted the wrong person.

*smooches Agman*

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 03-24-09 at 04:59 PM
Thanks for pointing me over there. I try to stay away from spoilers anymore, but.....

I still say it's a little late in the season for that turn of events. Poorly written, imho.

04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

Posted by samboohoo on 03-25-09 at 07:19 AM
I think there is also something in this week's TV Guide about it and a few other things that I won't mention here.

*smooches Agman*

"Deja Vu"
Posted by shimane22 on 04-21-09 at 05:06 PM
Regarding the Edie-sendoff...

Uh, didn't they just do this exact episode? With the handyman?

Also, why wasn't Edie's son notified after her death?
Also, why didn't Edie mention Orson/Creepy Dave in her voice over?
Why didn't we see this cool version of Edie while she was alive?

I think I'm done with this show.

"RE: Deja Vu"
Posted by byoffer on 04-22-09 at 02:54 PM
Yes to all that. Except for the "done with this show".

I still want to know what becomes of Dave. And Orson.

It was a nice enough show, but didn't advance the plot at all, which is annoying.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-23-09 at 11:06 AM
Agree.

I will have to say I thought it was rather thrown together - I don't think the intention when creating this season was to have her die. According to Cherry, he was told to cut costs. Killing her was an easy way to do that.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by byoffer on 04-24-09 at 09:18 AM
That is the first time I have ever heard of a show killing off a character to cut costs, but makes sense. I was actually liking Edie this season.

I assume Dave will follow shortly.

Posted by Snidget on 04-24-09 at 10:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-09 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

Well I'd rather they kill them off like Edie than just have most of the cast disappear without a trace like they did to The Practice when they were told to slash the budget.

ETF: t that escaped.

"April 26 episode"
Posted by byoffer on 04-27-09 at 11:27 AM
Okay, back on track after the Edie-death sideshow.

First off, who's the actress with the baseball bat and the really bad plastic surgery? (or was that just my impression?)

I think Orson's days are numbered. Maybe time to cut some more salaries from the cast, but to be honest his character has been off for a while. It was one thing when he was robbing to get back at people, but I suspect robbing the old lady was not consistent with that. Bye-bye.

Dave and Susan - so they finally explained how Susan was driving but the blame was on Mike. Now Dave has a new target. Oh geez, here we go again. Or will the police attention from Susan's cell-phone drive incident get back to Dave?

Tom and Gaby - Nice set-up for these two having an affair. Is that a good thing for the direction of the show??

Pretty good show, and seems to set up a few new story lines. But aren't we getting close to the end of the season?

"RE: April 26 episode"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-28-09 at 10:12 AM
I hope to watch this tonight. I have a horrible week this week and just realized I have to visit a classroom tonight. I'm not happy.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-29-09 at 02:59 PM
I don't think I was watching the same show you and my sister was watching as I got no affair vibe from Gaby and Tom. I saw their story as advancing their "housewife" friendship and that was all. Did I miss something?

04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Posted by byoffer on 05-01-09 at 11:11 AM
All show it was Tom against Gabby, but right at the end they seem to walk along in a way that screamed foreshadow to me.

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 05-01-09 at 11:39 PM

I got the same impression from that scene. I hope they don't go there, but with Lynette and Carlos working together, it might lead to Gaby and Tom turning to each other more and more.

Agman, 2008

Posted by samboohoo on 05-03-09 at 11:13 AM
I could sort of see it, even though Gaby has been down that lonely, feeling neglected, road before.

I saw more chemistry from Carlos and Lynette than I did from Tom and Gaby.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-04-09 at 10:37 AM
You just have a dirtier mind than me . I just saw his f get a little bit bigger. And as bad as Gaby can be I don't see her doing that to a friend, especially one with a big F.

04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq

Posted by Loree on 05-05-09 at 08:45 AM
Oh I don't see an affair between Tom and Gaby at all. I do not think Gaby would do that to Lynette.

"May 3 ep"
Posted by byoffer on 05-04-09 at 09:19 AM
*byoffer strolls into kitchen approaching his DW*

So honey, I was reading this book, and it suggested that it might be good for a couple to make a pledge to "cuddle" every night for a month. And it has to be a commitment - no excuses, not even if you are really tired. This is really important to me, as I am going through a mid-life crisis.

*byoffer's DW ponders for 0.00003 seconds, and then dies of laughter*

Okay, now that we have that out of the way, WTF?!?!?! I think Susan had it closer to the truth, when she commented to Jackson that there would be no nookie - just like a real marriage!!

Okay, back to the story-lines:

Susan and Jackson - anyone believe him and that this is a green card play?

Bree and Karl the lawyer - Karl is just an evil character. It should be fun to see how this plays out, and if Bree is willing to go along. Boo - would you?!?!

Why is Edie still in the credits?

Catherine and Mike - will this marriage thing really drive them apart? These shows prefer drama, and nice stable couples can't last, right? Too bad, I actually like having one normal couple.

And the Gaby pendulum continues to swing. She goes into that washroom with the other ladies and we hate her again, especially because of the message this gives to her daughter. Then Gaby saves it all with that speech to the daughter at the end, and we love her again.

Dave - sloooowwww progress in his pursuit of justice. I am thinking this will drag out and be the season-ending cliffhanger. (they need one, right?) Will it be Susan or Dave or someone else who gets killed??!?! My $$ would be on Dave disappearing. The guy has become too weird to last past that storyline.

Alright, what else. Please dish, and more importantly explain how that "Tom/Lynette" conversation with your spouse would go.

"RE: May 3 ep"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-04-09 at 10:34 AM
Wow, By - we had that same conversation in my house lastnight. It went a bit different:

Rob looks at me:
I think we should have that same agreement.

Me: OK.

Rob: Really!?

Me: Yep. All this month.

Rob: *big grin

I don't think he remembers I'm leaving for 2 1/2 weeks tomorrow. *grin

Story -

I felt sorry for Susan after the declaration of love. But I don't like Jackson and wish he'd leave. They need to bring Ian back. *hubbahubba

I think the whole Bree and Karl thing is going to be hilarious.

I don't care what breaks up Katherine and Mike, as long as they break up. Ugh.

You nailed it completly with Gaby. *sigh One a side note - that kid is not 6 years old!

I hate the Dave story. He'll probably kill Jackson and I hate that he's targeting MJ.

04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq

Posted by samboohoo on 05-04-09 at 01:47 PM
I just finished watching last week's. Now need to watch this week's. Sunday is so bad for me.

I am glad Karl is there even though I haven't seen it yet. I love Karl. Love, love, love him. And I think he and Susie Q have more chemistry than any other man she's been with.

"I forgot"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-06-09 at 09:18 AM
I suspect all of this sex Tom and Lynette are having is going to have some "long-term" effects.

Posted by Loree on 05-05-09 at 08:54 AM
Jackson and Susan will get married right around the time Mike and Katherine break up. So again there will be a reason for Mike & Susan not to hook up again. Bad timing.

I like Karl too. Maybe him and Bree will hook up romantically. That would probably be very funny. And I would love to see Susan's reaction.

Posted by byoffer on 05-05-09 at 09:51 AM
Maybe him and Bree will hook up romantically.

*waits to see if this kills or excites Boo*

So you think Jackson will hang around on the show? And if Mike and Katherine break up, will they both stay on the show??

Posted by samboohoo on 05-05-09 at 06:33 PM
I am actually salavating at the thought of Bree and Karl. I think I might like it more than Karl and Susan. I read in TV Guide that she might hook up with someone we know. This would make me very happy.

Posted by Loree on 05-06-09 at 05:44 PM
I don't expect Jackson to be long term on the show. But he will probably be around for a bit. Otherwise why did they bother to bring him back?

They could get rid of Katherine and I wouldn't miss her. I've just never found her that likeable.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-05-09 at 06:41 PM
Okay, ready to comment.

The 30-Day Pact. I too would laugh like your DW. I remember when I saw that silly couple that wrote the silly book, and I thought it was just one of the absolute sillest things I'd ever heard of - especially because I have been in Lynette's tired position so many times, and I resent "having to." So the Tom/Lynette conversation would not go.

I'm not sure about the Jackson Green Card thing. I got the impression that was really the case, but there was something different about him - I didn't think he looked the same. I just don't like him and Susan.

I think Edie is still in the credits out of some sort of respect for her - at least until the season ends.

Gaby: I actually loved her the entire time. Chop Chop. She just cracked me up the whole time. I know that's wrong, but it was just really funny - especially when she told the girl in the bathroom that she could only handle one crisis at a time.

Mike/Susan: She looked really old to me this episode. I think she is completely in the wrong, and that she shouldn't rush into anything.

Also, about Gaby's kids. Let me understand this. Juanita is 6, which makes her older than MJ, but she wasn't around when MJ was even born. The writers completely fouled this up.

I think I read that Lily Tomlin will be back. I get the feeling Jackson may be the one who dies from the Dave factor - maybe after he realizes that he really loves Susan.

Love Karl. I mention that below. Or above. Love, love, love him.

Posted by Loree on 05-06-09 at 05:48 PM
The 30 day pact would not work for me. DH is out of town for work every other week. And I don't think phone sex would be considered keeping the pact.

Gaby and Carlos are actually one of the more normal couples on the show now. Who would have expected that?

"May 10 Episode"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-12-09 at 08:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

I'm only half way through - watched what I could at lunch yesterday.

Mike/Katherine/Susan/Jackson: I'm lumping them together because I don't understand what's going on here. Jackson is acting very strange. Very strange. And you could see the flicker between Mike and Susan. Katherine is acting like a 20 year-old. Hasn't she already been through two really bad marriages. I'd think by now she'd be done with it. I predict Jackson will die and Mike and Susan will once again be together.

Bree/Karl: I left off with, "Orson, we've been robbed," and Orson saying, "I didn't do it." I do like Bree and Karl together.

Gaby: For the first time this season, I really wanted to smack her. I did LOL when she called her daughter a bobblehead. I know, that's mean, but it was funny.

Tom: Can you say mid-life crisis? I LOL at the guy Lynette brought home from work. Glad she and Tom are on the same page again in their marriage.

Having watched the second half:

What is up with Jackson? And what is Katherine going to do, pay Susan for Mike? And poor Bree. *sigh*

"RE: May 10 Episode"
Posted by byoffer on 05-14-09 at 10:01 AM
My humblest apologies for forgetting to report in to this thresd.

The May 10 show was meh for me. Dave overhearing the conversation was predictable, Catherine's behavious about the wedding was too much (clearly she didn't discuss the continued support payments with Mike), and the cops showing up for Jackson (or some other problem) was also predictable. And Tom is just a nut - his character doesn't seem to have enough good traits to make me care (except I am in awe of the incredible tact/negotiating skills he must have to have gotten Lynette to go along with the 30 day thing ).

I did LOL about Bree wiping her feet before robbing her own house. Boo would totally do the same.

They are setting up for the finale, but didn't give us much on May 10.

"RE: May 10 Episode"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-14-09 at 11:07 AM
I was just surprised that I was the first one. Yes, Bree did crack me up during the robbery. I thought for sure we would see a police scene with the cops noting "how neat" the robbers were, but then I remembered that the Fairview cops wouldn't even be able to solve that mystery, so what's the point.

At this point, I don't think Orson is on to Bree divorcing him. I'll bet he thinks she's robbing them to teach him a lesson. That could have an interesting story. As much as I love Orson and his perfectness, his best role was that of Evil Orson.

I think Katherine has outlived her use for the show. Maybe Dave will kill her. She looks so much older this year than she did last year. I suspect we'll have another Susan/Mike cliffhanger this year.

I'm not sure what they could do with Tom at this point. But I do like him and would love to have him as a neighbor. I still think Lynette will be prego.

"Finale"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-20-09 at 08:21 AM
Took a while to watch 2 hours. So much of it was predictible. Oh well.

Tom/Lynette: I totally knew she was going to get pregnant. I didn't expect twins. I would assume it's Tom who stays home this time. No real excitement for me here - it's like, "Gee, what P names will they come up with this time?" But I like Tom and Lynette. Always have. I think it would be kind of cool to be one of their kids.

Susan/Katherine/Mike: If they really wanted us to "not know" who Mike married, they probably should not have had Karl as a guest at the service. He would have absolutely no reason to attend a Mike/Katherine wedding.

I knew Mike and Susan would end up back together. They always do. I'm not really sure what else they could do with Katherine. Maybe it's time for her to go hang out with Dylan. Even during the card games, she really wasn't there. Her character just doesn't work. And the whole story with her "begging" Mike to marry her was completely pitiful.

I am glad Dave did not kill MJ. I am also glad the story is done. The writers again did a poor job with this story. I can understand them bringing it back full circle to the intersection where the accident happened, but that location didn't really work for me. Perhaps I'm looking into it too much, but it seemed that Susan and Dave were on the road for a really, really, really long time. So I find it hard to believe that Lyla and Paige would have been in that location just going to get ice cream that fateful night.

Gaby/Carlos: Meh. It could be interesting having a teenager in the house. I was impressed that Gaby had her own girls doing chores.

Bree/Karl/Orson: I do like the evil Orson, but I am loving Bree and Karl. My gosh, my own knees buckled during that whole scene. This should get interesting. At least I hope it does.

"RE: Finale"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-20-09 at 11:40 AM
Crap. I don't think I recorded it! I will have to watch online sometime this weekend. I did not read much of your post so I will get back to you next week.

04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq

Posted by byoffer on 05-21-09 at 02:53 PM
Okay, finally watched. I have to say that cramming 4 hours of TV into one evening (AI final and then DH final) and zipping through all the commercials felt rushed.

There were some great moments, and great quotes during the DH show. I really should keep a pad of paper and write them down, because I never remember. Lynette had me in stitches at the hospital first when she threatened the nurse ("If I find out you knew about my cancer then I won't be dying alone") and then when the doctor said pregnant and she indicated a preference for cancer ("Are you sure it's not just cancer?").

The other LOLers were from Karen and Lilly Tomlin. Mygawd those two are hilarious. PLEASE writers keep them around.

Katherine was doomed. I actually like her, but agree that she is aging more than the others and doesn't fit in as well. Killing her off, eh? Hmmm. Maybe I like her on the show because she is normal and I like Mike since he seems normal, and deserves a normal partner. Maybe that is why I HATE him with Susan.

I think that the teenager could be perfect for Gaby. We have already seen the story line with the daughter where Gaby has to show a "do as I say, not as I do" attitude, and it is acceptable because the daughter is only 6. Now with the hotty teenager Gaby will have a much harder time. Those scenes made me giggle. I didn't much care for Carlos being put in the middle.

Ding dong, Dave is gone. Not soon enough, IMO. Amazing how the writers brought all the Dave storylines together at one time. Weak.

Bree/Karl/Orson: I hate Bree with Karl, but it should be interesting at least.

Overall - this show was okay, but didn't leave me craving next season like the Grey's Anatomy finale.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-21-09 at 07:59 PM
You are right about Lynette's funny lines at the doctor's office. I laughed as well. Then Conner got mad because I couldn't explain it to him.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 06-03-09 at 01:10 PM
I finally watched also, though a lot later than By.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they keep Lily Tomlin around and give Karen a bigger role.

There were some really funny lines in this episode but like By I should have written them down because now I can't remember.

I was disappointed that Dave didn't die. I know that sounds bad but it would have been kinder.

And of course it's Susan under the veil.