URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 225
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Best.Show.Ever!!!!"

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-06-04 at 00:14 AM
Dam this show comes on late, I hope they dont have to time delay it for the West Coast. Anyway, I know there are going to be a lot of posts about tonights show.

Since people may not have seen it yet, I'll say that the title of my post says it all.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana is at hand.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Best.Show.Ever!!!!"
Posted by Rabies on 07-06-04 at 00:18 AM
AGREED!!!!!!!

Posted by asianflow on 07-06-04 at 00:24 AM
I'm glad it was on at 8:00 at the West Coast.

I thought the show would be 90 mins long but it wasn't.

Great episode with them telling Ingrid the truth and then giving her the script as well as $100,000 if she doesn't blow it.

I nearly had a heart attack when they showed Gerald dressed up as a woman and his lie detector in which he they asked him which female he was most attracted to .....

I'm just wondering how they are going to pull off the ending .. what if Tim really falls hard for Piper?

"RE: Hearts and Wallets"
Posted by Rabies on 07-06-04 at 00:34 AM
YOu bring up an excellent point! In season one they were playing for cash, so the "mark" still knew until the end that this was a game to play to win a prize. In this case, the closer we get to the end, the more the marks can think about the end outcome being that of romance and a possible future with another person... Who knows if Tim is imagining himself wedding Piper...Seems the ending will be much more hurtful than in Season 1.

Posted by ladro on 07-06-04 at 03:24 AM
I think Tiny Tim has both feet planted square on the ground. He isn't going to fall in Love with Piper, he knows she is out of his league.

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 07-06-04 at 06:31 PM
Thats a great point, Tim's plans with Piper. That would be a blow if it's something he's serious about. Considering how he handled "Dad" I'd say he's freakin' serious. Plus Piper's body is killer. I'm sure he's vividly imagining doing something with her(I know I am). Up until last night I thought Schmo 2 blew, I take it all back. I said the cast sucked, they were all cool last night. The Barbie doll can't act, so what, look good she can. Bryce RULED in rejection, Ingrid's cross-over rocked, and so does she. I'm a big fan again. Peace.

Posted by mmm_link on 07-07-04 at 03:00 PM
In season 1, Matt was falling head over heals in love with Molly. I'm sure they have something planned so Tim doesn't fall for Piper in the end.

"Best.Show.Ever!!!!"
Posted by tribephyl on 07-06-04 at 04:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 06:13 AM (EST)

... * "Yes!Yes!Yes! This is, without a doubt, the funniest show to ever hit the airwaves." -tribephyl * "Best.Show.Ever!!!!" -CantStandToLook * "...Bryce did a fantastic acting job..." -I_AM_HE * "I'm a big fan again." -Lovernious Heat * This Space For Rent * ...

I loved the Survivor aspect of the first season.
The Bachelor/Bachelorette tinge to the game, this season, is hilarious.
I can't wait to see a "Fear Factor" version or a "Mole" version.
This type of show, really could, last a very long time.

My only request would be to find a new host.
If they do it again.
Which I think they will.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-06-04 at 11:16 AM
Hey Phyl,
Love the banner...Yes I think they have endless amounts of material to work from for many new shows. I dont think it will even be that difficult finding new Schmoes. These realilty shows are all starting to get so over the top that anyone that goes on one should begin to wonder, could the joke be on me???

I thought the way they let Ingrid in on the joke was just incredible. It was very witty and I think they are finally letting the actors freestyle more so than try to follow a rigid script that would be easier to see through.

I can't wait to see next weeks episode. I vote that they have Ingrid instigate a cat fight with the new Jane Schmoe. They've really upped their credibility factor keeping Ingrid since the new Schmoe knows her from the casting call and will never believe that she coudlnt' be real. Excellent job by the producers stepping in and putting the show much farther ahead than it could ever have been even if Ingrid hadn't caught on.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun.

Posted by Loree on 07-06-04 at 11:30 AM
Oh lastnight's show was hilarious. I love Gerald and how Tim looks everytime he listens to Gerald talk. And poor Bryce. But we know "the stalker" will be back. I would miss him if he was gone for good. Piper's father and then the lie detector was so funny. Tim really believes this.

Posted by MegsSweetPea on 07-06-04 at 11:52 AM
There was only one thing I didn't like in last nights episode from a keeping it believable stand-point, and it may be just because of editing, but...

Why did Tim get so many (I think it was 6 or 7 total) questions while the rest of the cast only had ~3? I'm hoping it was just the producers editing out the others answers due to time constraints or something like that. If it wasn't, I know I would have been pissed off, had I been Tim, that I had to answer so many questions while everyone else got off easy. :p

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-06-04 at 02:52 PM
Why did Tim get so many (I think it was 6 or 7 total) questions while the rest of the cast only had ~3? I'm hoping it was just the producers editing out the others answers due to time constraints or something like that. If it wasn't, I know I would have been pissed off, had I been Tim, that I had to answer so many questions while everyone else got off easy. :p

Tim is the focus of the show...what would we care to see all the fake answers a bunch of actors give to a bunch of fake questions?

I'm sure they all were asked the same number of questions if not the same questions but there was no need for us to see the others questions. They did indicate for us that the ONLY time the lie detector was really on, was for Tim's questions.

Hope that answers your question.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun.

Posted by MegsSweetPea on 07-06-04 at 03:01 PM
Tim is the focus of the show...what would we care to see all the fake answers a bunch of actors give to a bunch of fake questions?

Hope that answers your question.

I know, perhaps I worded my initial post poorly. I was merely stating that I hoped he didn't receive more questions than the other actors (as the show indicated). I'm hoping that the remaining questions the other actors received were edited out just so we could see 3 of their questions. If it wasn't, and the actors each only got 3 questions, while Tim got upwards of 7, it was a major blunder on the part of the producers.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 07-06-04 at 06:12 PM
there were some funny moments (mostly involving Gerald), but it (and the 1st ep, the only other one i've been able to see so far) don't seem to match the never-ending hilarity of Season 1 for me

oh, and Bryce did a fantastic acting job at the end, i thought, but i thought he'd do more (violent/crazy...but that may have just made it way too over the top, so probably good that he didn't) wonder if we'll see him again in the bushes

Posted by Rabies on 07-06-04 at 09:55 PM
"wonder if we'll see him again in the bushes"

THAT would be hilarious. He was great and painfully pathetic at the same time. I loved how he kept trying his hypnosis trigger word ("mockingbird").

NOW as for next week's episode, anyone notice the clip of a plane? I think they're gonna spoof those times in Big Brother season 1 when some crazy fans hired a "banner" plane to display messages to the sequestered cast!

"Rabies"

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-09-04 at 08:57 PM
The look on Tim's face as Bryce kept saying "Mockingbird" "Mockingbird" was priceless.

I agree! Best episode!

Posted by ladro on 07-11-04 at 09:40 PM
now, that I have seen the epsiode, I would say that this (E4) was the best episode of this season.

Posted by AJ_for_life on 07-12-04 at 06:20 PM
I think this season is the funniest reality TV show of all time. When ever the host mentions donkey punch or pearl necklace and the Joe trys not to laugh I bust out laughing.

Posted by AJ_for_life on 07-12-04 at 06:24 PM
I also liked how they pointed out how minorities are always given the boot on these shows like fat people. Imagine the Bachelorette chosing a black guy, there'd be riots in the street!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-13-04 at 04:21 PM
yeah..I try not to think about those things...but I'm guessing we'll never see a black bachelor/bachlorette choosing a white bachlorette/bachelor.

Just makes me ask why cast minorities in the first place in these shows. As a minority it can be a bit frustrating to watch.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Hey Pooh, the banana is in the mail

Posted by AJ_for_life on 07-13-04 at 11:42 PM
yea its like watching a horror movie

Posted by escapedude on 07-14-04 at 12:09 PM
So why dont they produce an all black reality show?

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 07-14-04 at 12:42 PM
I do belive black reality TV is already firmly in place on prime time, network, cable, and syndication. Haven't you ever seen the show called "Cops"?

Posted by schmoe on 07-14-04 at 06:37 PM
Just a matter of time before they do....

At least they have all black non reality shows. How many all Latino or all Asian shows ... ? TV still has a ways to go...

Posted by AJ_for_life on 07-20-04 at 02:26 AM
Da Band is a black reality show. And it set us back 20 years as a race.

Posted by Lovernious Heat on 07-20-04 at 09:45 AM
Da Band is a very realistic depiction of how the majority of black youth's in America behave. Forget 20 years ago, it's worse today. All you need do is visit a street corner downtown, or perhaps a place where people apply for food stamps, or try to enjoy a movie in a theatre filled with Afro-youths and you will see clearly.

"July 19th ep"
Posted by Loree on 07-20-04 at 12:58 PM
I still love this show. Tim and Amanda are so into it. And of course Ingrid was brought back. But I am still waiting for Bryce to come back. I think they should have booted the Playah instead of Bryce. The Playah has no entertainment value for me. Of course Bryce and the sky-writing is funny.

"RE: July 19th ep"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-20-04 at 03:24 PM
But the whole sky-writing wouldn't have worked unless Bryce was voted off.

Last nights episode killed...Tim is too funny for words. He's got schmoe written all over him. Loved his little ditties at dinner. Can't remember them word for word and stoopid cable wasn't cooperating upstairs so my tape is all static...which is pretty much what seems to be between Amanda's ears.

speaking of Amanda...I thought she looked gawd awful at the dinner. I thought she was supposed to be trying to impress Austin.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun!!!

"RE: July 19th ep"
Posted by Lovernious Heat on 07-20-04 at 04:01 PM
I still love the show as well. I'm sure we will see Bryce again in one form or another. He put to much into his departure to be denied more screentime. I also agree Amanda is lacking heavy on the potential girlfriend tip. Doubtful she'd even be hot enough at closing time. Sweet girl however and who am I to judge?