URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 225
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dat Phan?"

Posted by dohcef on 09-28-04 at 11:28 PM
So does anyone else think that it is weird that Dat got the lowest votes for team one?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dat Phan?"
Posted by Bucky Katt on 09-29-04 at 00:04 AM
Seeing as all his jokes are the same and none of them are funny, no I didn't think it was weird.

"I have just discovered that this object I found is capable of scratching my back...I call it BACK SCRATCHER!"

Posted by movieqn on 09-29-04 at 00:45 AM
If you think of it as he was the winner of season one it's weird. but just based on his performances this season, it's not weird at all. I don't think he is funny, or Ralphie for that matter.

Posted by grit on 09-29-04 at 06:47 AM
A resounding NO!

I didn't see season one, but I don't understand how he won. I was happy to see him go last night.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by newsomewayne on 09-29-04 at 09:19 AM
To summarize all those above me, and all that will post after me...

NOPE! Not weird at all.

It's like science. It really can't be explained.

Posted by Oscirus on 09-30-04 at 01:47 PM
The only thing that I found weird was that he made it as far as he did with last year's crap.

Posted by lorri on 09-30-04 at 03:35 PM
He's not funny. Don't need Scooby Doo to solve that mystery!

Posted by Joools on 10-01-04 at 00:33 AM
I just hope he got the lowest vote total of all the remaining comics. To think that he might have gotten more votes than Kathleen Madigan is too disheartening. I think Kathleen is really funny and that she was way underappreciated both this season and last.

Posted by Pensha26 on 10-01-04 at 11:30 AM
I agree that Madigan was underappreciated, but what do you expect when there was very little face time on both shows!

Posted by Loree on 10-01-04 at 10:13 AM
Glad he's gone. Never saw the first season. And didn't understand why he won. I didn't find him funny at all.

Posted by add on 10-01-04 at 10:18 AM
NOT TO BE CRUEL MAYBE HE'S BEEN BUSY BUT HE DID THE SAME ROUTINE AS LAST YEAR , EVERYONE HAS SEEN IT ??? WHY JUST USE OLD MATERIAL , THAT WILL JUST AGE YOU AS A STAND UP - FAST, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Posted by dohcef on 10-01-04 at 12:03 PM
Ok, I think I get the message. Im sorry that I have not watched ALL three seasons like you people. I guess my life is a little to busy. Thanks for your poor comments though.

Posted by Pensha26 on 10-01-04 at 12:47 PM
Please understand that most people think Dat Phan was not funny and were all shocked when he won the first season. By him going it made people feel all warm and fuzzy because he was not that good.

Posted by KokomoJr on 10-01-04 at 02:35 PM
Weird? No. A blessing? Yes.

His win was a sympathy win for everyone ganging up on him. Peoiple are over him. Actually, no, they are bored/tired/etc. with him. I have yet to hear him tell a joke in the past year he didn't use during season 1. And even during season 1, it wasn't funny.

Posted by Moon Spirit on 03-14-05 at 00:58 AM
YES! I think Dat is extremely talented and gifted and has a wonderful presence. (I may be a 59 year old caucasion woman but I also think he is VERY sexy!) I believe he was severely underrated in this round. Too bad, but I think he will go far in spite of the voting. I hope racial prejudice didn't enter into the pitiful voting. He is CLEVER.

Posted by Tater Tots Rule on 04-01-05 at 01:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 01:56 AM (EST)

I think Dat is
>extremely talented and gifted and
>has a wonderful presence.
I think he will
>go far in spite of
>the voting. He
>is CLEVER.

Are you kidding me? That guy should NEVER have one anything. He's not even deserving of the obligitory trophy you get after playing a season of Tee Ball. Dave Mordal really should've won season one and Dat Phan shouldn't have made it past the auditions. I've taken dumps funnier than him. All of his material is old, stale, and driven by his Asian background. At least my poops are different each time. I'd vote for my poop over Dat Phan anyday.

Posted by Moon Spirit on 04-01-05 at 02:02 AM
Dear "Tater Tots Rule" Obviously you have some underlying prejudices agains Asians so I will forgive your crude reply.

"WARNING"
Posted by Bebo on 04-02-05 at 12:20 PM
Personal attacks on other posters are not allowed on these forums. Please take a moment to read the community guidelines.

Posted by bentdick on 06-05-05 at 01:00 AM
>Dear "Tater Tots Rule" Obviously
>you have some underlying prejudices
>agains Asians so I will
>forgive your crude reply.

I think Dat is extremely talented and gifted

Look, Dat Phan is the one that introduced his Vietnamese background into this not US, If, you or anyone else accentuates a personal feature to base his or her comedic philosophy upon that person can expect to receive positive and negative criticism, hey if the presentation sucks well then there are going to be mostly negative remarks. Get over it....

bentdick

Posted by bentdick on 06-05-05 at 01:25 AM
lol. .. That is on the money, he should not have gotten out of East L.A. . . I couln't believe it that he made it on the show, and then to be handed the WIN, Oh, and his buddy Ralphie May-June-July & August was the same old gag as Dat P. . . There was something really screwed up about that competition, I mean how often have any of us entered a contest, with the goal being try to be the sorriest "ain't got a clue comedian, on TV???" Please people get real with this stuff, there were some professional funny people getting blown out of that house, like that funny white dude he was kind of goofy and had a real sunny disposition with brown curly hair, he didn't try to gang up on this one, or that one, I mean the man was just haha funny and told his jokes! I knew that this was rigged when a guy like that GOES!, and there are still four junior high school comedian's in the contest. . . .

Posted by kay_tin on 06-12-05 at 10:07 PM
I spent $20 watching Dat Phan's act in early May. I could have kicked myself all the way home. While he seemed really nice when we ran into him in the street after the show, his act was 80% recycled material and the remaining 20% was simply expanding on the recycled stuff. I might have chuckled when I heard it during the first LCS, but at this point it was pitiful. Last time I listen to my sister-in-law on what we should do for a night out!