URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2248
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Flipped Off"

Posted by bondt007 on 06-18-12 at 04:25 PM
Save yourself! Run to the hills! In this A&E house-flipping show, dearly-loved-by-himself Russhell buys a house for $47,000; puts $7,567 into it, and then tries to sell it for $46,999. He also "fixes up" his parents' house so that he can sell it, even though they don't want to sell. Oh, his brother and some blond chick is in it as well. This is neither Art nor Entertainment, unless maybe you were drunk.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Flipped Off"
Posted by Estee on 06-18-12 at 04:58 PM
I got most of the way through one.

The 'blond chick' is the licensed realtor who actually does the selling. In the episode I caught, RussHell tried to cut her out of the action (and her commission) by handling the sale himself: he already had an interested party and was remodeling the house to those specifications, so why did he needs someone to sign paperwork? In other words, he made an alliance and broke it as soon as possible. So his learning curve isn't going well.

On the other hand, this did mark the first time we ever saw a Hantz go crawling back to an alienated party, because without her on hand, the sale started falling apart. And since he'd already spent all that money on the no-longer-going-to buyer's demands...

(I have very little sympathy for the realtor. She knew what she was getting into.)

The stars of the show are arguably RussHell's brother, who recognizes that he's dealing with insanity and can't escape without a court document, and the Hantz children, who are adorable and completely doomed. But beyond that, you are looking at The Art Of Making Money Through Hoping It Won't Fall Apart Until After You Get The Signature. And who is it making money for? RussHell. If that appeals to anyone...

On the plus side, he can't do this and be on an island at the same time.

It's a Bosch.

Posted by VisionQuest on 06-18-12 at 09:17 PM
Was flipping though channels and caught this and couldn't believe someone who watched survivor actually gave him his own show. I thought about it and realized some exec probably was like this guy pitched a show, he was on survivor, people probably loved him, let's give him his own show. I only hope it dies soon (you can choose what I mean by it).

Eyes of March by Agman

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 01:13 PM
VisionQuest - wonder what ever happened to her?

Posted by Agman2 on 01-26-16 at 11:42 AM
I can't understand what kind of idiot would by a house for $47000 then try and sell it for $46,999! I must have been missing something.