URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2247
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Summaries for Survivor 4"

Posted by AyaK on 02-11-02 at 06:32 PM
Well, group, Survivor:Marquesas is almost upon us. It's time to start assigning summary writers for the 13 episodes. Please volunteer in this thread if you are interested in writing a summary for one of the episodes of S4. I will give priority to people who have previously written a summary for RealityTVWorld.com:

E1: Feb. 28
E2: March 7
E3: March 14(?? -- subject to change due to "March Madness")
E4: March 21 (?? -- subject to change due to "March Madness")
E5: March 28
E6: April 4
E7: April 11
E7.5: April 18 (we WILL assign a writer to the recap episode this time...)
E8: April 25
E9: May 1
E10: May 8
E11: May 15
E12: May 22
E13: May 25 (SUNDAY)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Summaries for Survivor 4"
Posted by dangerkitty on 02-11-02 at 09:17 PM
Well, heck, sign me up for one! Early ones won't work for my schedule, so can I have dibs on Ep 6: April 4?

And if not enough writers sign up, I can do another later on, too.

Thanks for doing this AGAIN, AyaK!

dangerkitty

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 02-12-02 at 06:21 AM
I'll go for one. Any time would be okay.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"It is time..."
Posted by IceCat on 02-12-02 at 06:48 AM
It's time to cease being a 'summary virgin'...

I'll volunteer for one...

Whichever one you think is best, AyaK... but I'm kinda hopin' to get the 'Re-Crap' episode (It would be the one best suited to a graphics/animation motif).

Go CANADA Go!

Posted by Superman on 02-12-02 at 06:59 AM
I will, but only if you don't have enough other volunteers. Ok?

Criminals From the Neck Up

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-12-02 at 07:10 AM
I'd be happy to volunteer for one... let's say Episode 8 - April 25th in honour of my sister's 40th birthday that same day.

(The only ones not good for me is March 14th and April 4th)

Posted by dabo on 02-12-02 at 09:31 AM
Well, I still have a lot of craziness at work to deal with (somehow the big organizational change they were going to implement Thanksgiving week still has not been instituted), but I'll be glad to take an episode under wing. If you get more volunteers than you need, of course, then I would be happy to see someone else have their crack at it. I'll see if I can get my schedule more firmly established for March and let you know, but one of the Wednesday episodes may work best.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by Swami on 02-12-02 at 10:31 AM
I would love to write a summary!

March 28th does not work well for me since my kids will be out of school that week, and as a summary virgin I might be scared to do the first one. Otherwise--whatever you decide, oh great AyaK. (See, I know how to kiss up too.)

Swami

"First part of the schedule"
Posted by AyaK on 02-12-02 at 11:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-02 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

Looks like we're just about done with the WHOLE SCHEDULE. Thanks to everyone who volunteered:

E1: Feb. 28 -- SurvivinDawg (Dawg, people haven't read your Combat Missions summaries yet, so they don't realize what a great sense of humor you have...)
E2: March 7 -- Swami (sucking up works )
E3: March 13 (Wednesday, due to "March Madness") -- dabo
E4: March 20 (Wednesday, due to "March Madness") -- Bebo
E5: March 28 -- FesterFan1
E6: April 4 -- dangerkitty
E7: April 11 -- HawkEye (I seem to remember you spoiling this episode effectively in BlowsVivor, oh great feathered one!)
E7.5: April 18 (we WILL assign a writer to the recap episode this time...) -- IceCat (have fun!)
E8: April 25 -- PepeLePew13
E9: May 2 -- anotherkim
E10: May 9 -- janisella
E11: May 16 -- ConningOfficer
E12: May 23 -- diamond
E13: May 26 (SUNDAY) -- Superman

Please keep those cards and letters coming!

"I guess I'm too late, but"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-13-02 at 07:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-02 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

sorry, deleting my request, posted in wrong part of thread...
but may as well use this empty post to point out that all the May dates should be one day later: May 2, 9, 16, 23, 26. (Realized that when I checked to confirm the Finale date).

Posted by Bebo on 02-12-02 at 11:59 AM
Count me in - I'll do another one.

Posted by anotherkim on 02-12-02 at 02:03 PM
I would like one of the later ones--maybe April 25 or May 1--or I could do another full season recap. I don't have a preference. I get such a kick out of reading them .

Posted by Drive My Car on 02-12-02 at 09:05 PM
AK?? Aren't you going to do one??

"Afraid not"
Posted by AyaK on 02-12-02 at 09:29 PM
Sorry, but I won't be around much during S4. In fact, it's highly possible that my upcoming summary of the finale of Temptation Island 2 will be my last one for a while...

"You can add me in"
Posted by HawkEye on 02-13-02 at 00:38 AM
>Sorry, but I won't be around much during S4.

This is truly sad news. I do hope you will pop in and say hi from time to time though!

As far as this post goes, you can add me in for a summary in April or May if you still need writers.

Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, especially an opportunity to DAW himself more!!!
*salutes* AK

"RE: Afraid not"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 02-13-02 at 06:26 AM
>Sorry, but I won't be around much during S4. In fact, it's
>highly possible that my upcoming summary of the finale of
>Temptation Island 2 will be my last one for a while...

Tax season, eh?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"The Baldman Asketh..."
Posted by FesterFan1 on 02-13-02 at 02:34 PM
I humbly throw my shiny head into the ring, if it pleases the splendiferous, magnificent, quick-witted mind of AK. (Too much? Sorry. Just trying to make a good first impression...)

Seriously, I'd love to do one, if there are still spots available.

Fester

"On the bridge... I have the conn!"
Posted by ConningOfficer on 02-13-02 at 02:42 PM
Sign me up... I can only hope to follow in the shoes of other great SB summaries, like SB's "Salute to Hollywood".

Let me know if I need to audition or something since I've been lurking for so long and have only recently come out into the open!

Posted by janisella on 02-13-02 at 04:18 PM
I'll do one if you need it. March 28th is Passover, then I'm going on vacation the following week, but I should be able to do any of the May episodes.

J.

"Two slots left..."
Posted by AyaK on 02-13-02 at 05:24 PM
...and one of those is the finale, so I can't use a new writer for it. Also, as you may not have noticed, I've been updating post #8 above with all the writers -- let me know if your date assignment doesn't work.

Superman, I still haven't used you, as per your request.
*salutes HawkEye* Welcome back!
*salutes the other writers, too* Thanks, everyone!
*Tax Season?* Yep, sure is!

"He is three days older than kerosene!" -- Drew, The Amazing Race

"For the final episode..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-13-02 at 06:08 PM
...I nominate Superman to write it. I'd certainly look forward to him doing one -- if he can't... how about Sherps?

"RE: For the final episode..."
Posted by SherpaDave on 02-24-02 at 01:11 AM
*sigh* This is what I get for not checking the board for this until now. Have fun, y'all! Looks like a great group!

Write hard and clear about what hurts. - Ernest Hemingway

"RE: Two slots left..."
Posted by diamond on 02-15-02 at 05:09 PM
AyaK -

Is the May 23 episode still open? I was waiting to see if anyone else asked in, but since no one seems to have, I thought I might give it a try, since that is the one episode that fits my schedule perfectly. However, if Superman changes his mind and decides he definitely want that episode, by all means give it to him.

Thanks,

diamond

"Is Late better than never?"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-13-02 at 08:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-02 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

I could do Sun, May 26, although I can't promise to write ON Memorial Day Monday; I could do it Tuesday.
Can't volunteer for the penultimate one airing Thursday, because it's my husband's birthday weekend and let's just say I would be single real quick if I tried to pull that one. (He suffers enough from my addiction.)

However, I feel hesitant volunteering my humble services for the Finale as I am not at all sure I'm worthy. Your call, AyaK!

"Superman, I still haven't used you, as per your request."--AyaK

I so want to take out the comma after 'you' in that line...

With every Summary, their ears must be burning

"The Frequent Writer Club"
Posted by AyaK on 02-13-02 at 10:08 PM
I'm not going to assign the final quite yet, OFG ... but do you realize that I did a count in another thread that indicates that you are tied for fourth in the number of summaries written for this board, behind only shakes (#1), myself (#2), and Island Heat (#3)?

Of course, it's a five-way tie, but that's still pretty prolific.

"RE: The Frequent Writer Club"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-13-02 at 10:25 PM
Funny thread you linked there, AyaK!
You and Shakes do good banter. You guys make a great Odd Couple.

Sniff, I see dangerkitty will leave all the tied fourth-rate ho's in the dust this season...

ah well, I am only watching Survivor this season because I too have to cut down due to "Tax Season," so I can't volunteer for any of the "slip through the cracks" other shows Shakes mentioned. Although the Lost Love Cruise Episodes... hmmm, nah, I can't go there.

"Mea Culpa"
Posted by George Tirebiter on 02-13-02 at 11:47 PM
This cannot be!

You know, when I first saw this thread, I raced over here to nominate DK and OFG--and I was laughing so hard to find DK had already been here to stake her claim that I figured OFG couldn't be far behind. No one else had posted yet.

See what happens when you fill in the blanks piecemeal, instead of waiting to shuffle everything into a logical place and tell us at the end? A season of Survivor without a contribution from this wicked wit? Egad!

GT

“In my solitude I have seen things very clearly, which are not true.” • Antonio Machado

"Nevermind"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-19-02 at 03:27 AM
AyaK, since you haven't yet assigned the Finale, I'd like to take my hat out of the ring (one less request should make it easier). It looks like I will have my plate full that week with IRL stuff. I would have liked to do another Summary (not necessarily the Finale), but I think it's not to be.

I will simply have to enjoy the laughter provided by the sweat of others' brows. Hmmm, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

"FYI..."
Posted by sleeeve on 02-14-02 at 11:54 AM
Loose paraphrasing from a TV Guide Article (that I'm too lazy to find the link for):

Amazing Race 2 will premeire on Monday March 11, before moving to its regular time slot on Wednesdays at 9pm. CBS execs hope that it will get a ratings boost by airing it immediately after Survivor 4 for two weeks...

In other words, Ep3 and Ep4 are confirmed for Wednesday, and not Thursday (due to March Madness).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Posted by Naked on 02-19-02 at 07:04 PM
I haven't even read the entire post yet, but am I too late? I'd love to write a sum for this season as well. S3 was a blast. Thanks, and its good to be back on the board after a months hiatus.
Naked

"The whole schedule"
Posted by AyaK on 02-21-02 at 04:29 PM
I have the whole schedule up at post #8, but it should be here at the end of the thread as well:

E1: Feb. 28 -- SurvivinDawg
E2: March 7 -- Swami
E3: March 13 (Wednesday, due to "March Madness") -- dabo
E4: March 20 (Wednesday, due to "March Madness") -- Bebo
E7: April 11 -- HawkEye
E7.5: April 18 -- IceCat
E8: April 25 -- PepeLePew13
E9: May 2 -- anotherkim
E10: May 9 -- janisella
E11: May 16 -- ConningOfficer
E12: May 23 -- diamond
E13: May 26 (SUNDAY) -- Superman

My apologies to OFG and to Naked, who wrote excellent S3 summaries for SBlows.

For those of you who were left out, and others of you who might be interested, there is another reality TV show starting up for which we need summary writers -- The Amazing Race 2! Check that board for the sign-up thread.

Oh, and please read SurvivinDawg's hilarious Combat Missions summaries!

"RE: The whole schedule"
Posted by diamond on 02-24-02 at 02:16 PM
AyaK -

I noticed that a few more people asked to write summaries after I did. While I'd still love to try the summary, I've never done one before, and I'd also love to read summaries by any of the people who aren't signed up. If Naked, OFG, or SherpaDave would like the spot I signed up for, I'd be happy to hand it over to one of them.

diamond

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-24-02 at 06:06 PM
diamond,
Very nice of you to offer. I personally look forward to your summary, although the other two guys are very talented! So much talent, so few episodes.

As for me, the next to last summary that you signed up for falls on the weekend when I plan to throw my husband a birthday party, so in any case I'm not a candidate.

"Thanks, but it's OK"
Posted by AyaK on 02-26-02 at 01:44 PM
diamond, I'd like to read summaries from some of the other people too ... but I'd also like to read yours. Let's leave the schedule as it is.

Anyone who still wants to write a summary (or wants to write another) should check out our sign-up thread for The Amazing Race 2 summaries...

Posted by SherpaDave on 02-26-02 at 10:23 PM
Thanks much for the offer, but like AyaK and OFG, I'm looking forward to reading yours. I'm on tap to write ep1 of The Amazing Race and Supes has asked me to be his back-up if a conflict arises for the S4 Finale (dunno if he'd mentioned that to AyaK or not). So thanks for the kind offer, but... I'm good.

Write hard and clear about what hurts. - Ernest Hemingway

"Calling AyaK..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-08-02 at 02:42 PM
>I have the whole schedule up at post #8, but it should be here
>at the end of the thread as well:
>
>E1: Feb. 28 -- SurvivinDawg
>E2: March 7 -- Swami
>E3: March 13 -- dabo
>E4: March 20 -- Bebo
>E5: March 28 -- FesterFan1
>E6: April 4 -- dangerkitty
>E7: April 11 -- HawkEye
>E7.5: April 18 -- IceCat
>E8: April 25 -- PepeLePew13
>E9: May 2 -- anotherkim
>E10: May 9 -- janisella
>E11: May 16 -- ConningOfficer
>E12: May 23 -- diamond
>E13: May 26 (SUNDAY) -- Superman

The schedule above and the Zap2it schedule posted by munson doesn't mesh. Can anyone confirm which is correct?

AyaK... if the Zap2it schedule is correct, then this screws up the above writing schedule as there won't be room for an episode 7.5 -- so would IceCat get episode 8 and everyone else keeping their spots but a different episode number? Too many writers?

"New Schedule"
Posted by dabo on 04-09-02 at 10:14 AM
E1: Feb. 28 -- SurvivinDawg
E2: March 7 -- Swami
E3: March 13 -- dabo
E4: March 20 -- Bebo
E7: April 11 -- HawkEye
E8: April 18 -- PepeLePew13
E8.5: April 24 (WEDNESDAY) -- IceCat
E9: April 25 -- anotherkim
E10: May 2 -- janisella
E11: May 9 -- ConningOfficer
E12: May 16 -- diamond
E13: May 19 (SUNDAY) -- Superman

Hope the change in dates don't mess anyone up. This would have to happen at the height of tax season.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-10-02 at 12:29 PM
Hi AyaK, I would definitely be interested in writing some form of a summary on Survivor 4--especially if I could do it in a creative and humourous way ! Sorry to toot my own horn, and to anyone who thinks I am being arrogant; I heartfully apologise in advance . I have had previous articles printed in my campus newspaper (among other things). I mostly wrote Op. ed. pieces, movie, theater and television reviews. Please grant me this wonderful opportunity to spread my wings. It would be great practice for me; as my goal is to become a serious journalist/author/poet one day in the distant future. I am new to this board and this reply is probably be too late. Please keep me on your lists of possible writers in the future. Thanks, I would really appreciate it .