URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2240
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gwen Stefani"

Posted by uglier than sarah w on 03-28-07 at 09:31 AM
What'd you all think of Gwen last night on the show? I thought she looked beautiful, but seemed kind of embarrassed to be on the show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gwen Stefani"
Posted by prosecutor on 03-28-07 at 09:40 AM
She always looks beoutiful. Why would she be embarrassed to be on one of her favorite shows. She was great, and gave good advice.

Posted by geekboy on 03-28-07 at 10:13 AM
I found i a bit odd that they really didn't show her giving anyone any critique or suggestions. Her face time was very limited compared to the past two mentors. I didn't think she looked comfortable doing it.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Posted by bullzeye on 03-28-07 at 10:44 AM
I don't disagree, but I chalked it up to the limits of a one hour show vs a two hour show. There was a lot more flexibility last week with 11 over 2 hours vs this week with 10 over one hour.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by cahaya on 03-28-07 at 11:32 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought. With just 67 minutes last night, they had to cram in the songs and less on background clips on the mentoring. Is it my imagination or were the performance on stage slightly shorter than last week?

Posted by bullzeye on 03-28-07 at 11:44 AM
Is it my imagination or were the performance on stage slightly shorter than last week?

I am glad you mentioned that - I also thought they seemed to be singing shorter versions. In a number of cases, just as the singer was hitting their stride, the song ended. Hard to squeeze that many singers (and commentary, and commercials), into 67 minutes.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by TanNymph on 03-28-07 at 11:12 AM
I thought she was gorgeous as always.

I thought she seemed to be more honest about the contestants in her interviews than other mentors.

I would also have liked to see more of her interaction with them. I think probably Bullzeye is on target with the time issue.

I am looking forward to her performance tonight.

Posted by udg on 03-28-07 at 12:34 PM
I was surprised how SWEET she seemed.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Delta Darling on 03-28-07 at 12:52 PM
She was no help to the contestants and boy do they need help

No one can top Peter Noone and Lulu. Stephanie looked pretty thats it

Posted by dragonflies on 03-28-07 at 01:11 PM
I agree udg. Her on stage persona is such a wild girl, and she sure seemed sweet and genuine last night! Almost a "girl next door"

"RE: Gwen Stefani - so awesome"
Posted by rotkapchen on 03-28-07 at 02:12 PM
First of all I am embarrassed because I always thought Gwen was British. I did not know she was a California girl. Well I am a little older than most people probably listening to Gwen anyway.

I love her music, her style and she is very cool. She did look very girl next door and I thought that was really nice.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-28-07 at 02:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

I thought she was precious. I didn't get the embarrassed vibe from her at all. I also agree with everyone here that says the time restraint this week makes it seem like she had a lot less to say than the other coaches this season. She's one of those celebs that I feel I could be friends with. That is a very short list btw.

A Tribe Original!