URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 224
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Great show, but.............."

Posted by mndjrican on 05-15-05 at 10:13 PM
I've noticed a few inconsistencies. I'm a fan of the show, I have not missed a single one.

Tonight's show was just that, a show --

The first fight between these two fighters had me on the edge of my seat, not on this fight.

Notice how Gomez's father was not in his corner (telling him to breath) after every round as in ALL previous fights?

What was up with Jerry (the trainer)? On all previous episodes he was "in their face" about what they needed to do to win the fight, NOT TONIGHT!!! On a previous fight, the fighters flipped a coin to see who would get Jerry in their corner.

They showcased Manfredo and his family (even let DAD talk to the camera) for 1/2 the show, I knew he was going to "win".

Makes me believe the fights ARE RIGGED!

PS - Why was it that Manfredo got the prize of getting tips from Dundee as his "prize" into the final four, while Gomez gets a shopping spree and Mora gets to go golfing? Just curious?!?!?!?!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Great show, but.............."
Posted by wonka187 on 05-15-05 at 10:27 PM
Don't forget, the only prize Peter got after winning the first time was a crappy trip to the tonight show.

"RE: Manfredo Fetish"
Posted by smoothasvanilla on 05-15-05 at 10:40 PM
I agree, the producers of this show definitely have a Manfredo fetish. The guy lost. They voted him back. He didn't EARN that vote. He wins 2 split decisions to get here. I personally think this last fight should have been a split decision also. Gomez knocked him down in the 2nd round. What is this BS about slipping? Yeah, lots of fighters slip if they get hit hard enough. It's called a knock down.

So Manfredo wins one, and Gomez wins one. It's tied. Shouldn't they fight again?

Gomez got screwed.

He was a big under-dog and he took out Peter in week one. That took guts. What if someone voted back the Russian Hockey team in 1980 after they loss to the US. (OK, I shouldn't compare the Contender to the Olympics....my fault, I thought this show was about true competion)

This show is a good show because it's about kids boxing. The reality tv show is good for survivor and the bachelor. If this show was about boxing, Peter Manfredo would not be here. But because the produces want "reality televisiion" (a dieing fad) they're pushing the fighter with the cuter family and more successful past. It's not right.

One last thing. What about the other boxers? (except for Ahmed). Don't you think Ishe could do damage with a 2nd chance? How about Joey. He may have beaten Peter if it wasn't for that cut.

Nope, only the Producers' favorite.

This is why there won't be a season 2. I won't watch this finale.

Posted by Papashroom on 05-15-05 at 11:59 PM
Actually slipping is quite common in major fights.

Posted by Lazt Boy Scout on 05-16-05 at 03:40 AM
They probably asked Alfonso's father to sit back in the audience since his input in the previous 2 matches was clearly a big factor. I wouldn't say it was in Manfredo's favor, as both fathers were sitting in the audience.

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-16-05 at 02:24 AM
The only thing that spoiled it for me was that I knew Alfonso had lost (Due to Spoiler)
Dundee was at the fight that night and they already had it planned that who ever won that fight between peter and joey would get the dundee prize. Watch the fight again and you will see Dunde sitting 2 seat up behind sergio mora.
and like what kind of reward was that to go to Jay leno. LOL

So what was the reward tonite? Going to the beach? Dirty ##### water. Cant even swim in it. LOL

Comming soon....

Posted by smoothasvanilla on 05-16-05 at 06:54 AM
I realize slipping occurs in major fights, but not immediately after a hard body shot. Peter seems like a good guy. He would be easy to root for, except he doesn't deserve to be in the final fight.

Doesn't anyone remember Sly on the first episode? "If you blow it, you blew it"

I thought this was going to be a boxing show. It's not. It's a reality show.

Posted by DizzyDeni on 05-16-05 at 09:48 AM
Peter won fair and square. He didn't ask to be voted back to the show. The other fighters brought him back. As far as perks, look at The Amazing Race. Rob and Amber won many trips for finishing in first place week after week, while Uchennia and Joyce won nothing (until the last race when they won a million dollars).

I enjoy watching these fights as apposed to the ones on PPV and HBO. At least these are exciting. All shows have their mistakes, and hopefully learn from them.

Go Peter, all the way!

Posted by smoothasvanilla on 05-16-05 at 09:54 AM
Well there you have it. You're interested in Reality Televsion. I'm interested in boxing. I thought the boxing matches in this playoff style was a great idea, but they messed it up. Peter did not deserve to get voted back. Further more, different judges may not have awarded any of the 3 fights he actually one (the first two were split decisions, and the last one should have been). He's in the final fight because front office people want him there. Not because of boxing.

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-16-05 at 12:54 PM
None of Peter's fights on the show have been split decisions. He won the fight against Espino 48-47 on all three cards, and beat Joey Gilbert 49-47, and 49-46 x2. And what do you mean, the latest fight "should have been" a split decision? Did you see all of it? ALL of it? A verdict doesn't have to be a split decision to show that it is very close. I didn't see the show last night, so don't know if they anounced the scores, but from what I have read, it seems like it was a close 4-3 fight If all judges scored it 67-66 for Manfredo, then arguably that UD may have been scored better than Ishe's split decision loss to Sergio, in which the scores were all over the map.

I don't like the fact that two fighters were voted back on, either. But once they had decided to do it tht way, somebody needed to be brought back, and it might as well have been him. Manfredo is a very good boxer, and was well respected prior to the show. He probably would have been the favorite before filming began. It was the other boxers, not the front office, who voted him bak. (Sly didn't lobby for him the way he did for Ahmed). And since then he has fouht, and won, three close fights. The front office didn't win them for him. Yes, they appear to have all been close. But he won them.

Posted by smoothasvanilla on 05-16-05 at 12:59 PM
I didn't buy that "slip" last night. He got hit with a hard body shot, went down, and the refs said he slipped. And the first fight Manfredo won was a split decision.

Manfredo is a nice guy, but not worth watching.

Posted by KingDavid102077 on 05-16-05 at 10:23 AM
you guys are complaining about a Jay Leno reward which should never have taken place because Peter should never have been in the fight to win the reward in the first place, plus I don't hear anyone complaining about Brinkleys award for KO ing the self proclaimed #1 dad.