URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID78
Thread Number: 224
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season Five, Episode One"

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-28-08 at 10:25 PM
It had better get better than this.

I hate Gaby having kids and being frumpy. Would never happen.

Susan, I can see wallowing in grief, but I don't really want to watch it.

Lynette - only one I liked watching because they are still the same.

Bree - her storyline is going to have to get more interesting.

Edie and Hubby - I'm pretty sure he is probably the husband/dad of the woman/child that died in the carwreck. Too obvious to be a good storyline. Would be better if I'm wrong.

*sigh I was disappointed.

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season Five, Episode One"
Posted by Snidget on 09-29-08 at 08:18 AM
I didn't mind the frumpy Gaby, because I've seen it happen to people. However I thought she couldn't have kids so I'm wondering what miracle occurred (or if my memory is that bad).

I did like her trying to trick the kid into running and the kid's reaction to it.

Not sure I like the harder Susan, but I can see her going there.

Lynette, hoping the tough love story line pans out. I liked Dad finally getting tough.

Bree and Kathryn feud is boring me already.

Edie, glad I'm not the only one that thought he must be the hubby or related to the woman/kid from the accident. I kinda hope it is something else as something that obvious as a mystery is no fun for me.

"Indecision 2008: The Long Flat Seemingly Endless Bataan Death March to The White House" (April 23, 2008) --Jon Stewart

Posted by Bebo on 09-29-08 at 08:25 AM
They had to give Gaby somewhere to go, and it could be interesting to watch her go there.

Totally credible reason to break up Susan and Mike. Given the happy ending they had been left with, something like that to break them up instead of the old affair/misunderstanding thing.

Hope Dana Delany won't be wasted like that in future episodes - she deserves and brings so much more.

There's a lot to build on here, so there is potential. Maybe I've just missed DH so much (and don't have many other guilty pleasures to enjoy), so I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It was the tuba. Know your brass.

Posted by iatovttotx78 on 09-29-08 at 08:45 AM
well, I thought that was the dumbest reason for two people to break-up. But I guess if I were in Mike's shoes I wouldn't want to listen to her whine either.

I've been Sliced

Posted by Bebo on 09-29-08 at 11:53 AM
Exactly. It WAS stupid. But married couples who love each other do break up because they handle tragedies stupidly. That made more sense to me than some contrived affair or silly misunderstanding. This is a situation where two characters who love it each can't make it work.

Posted by Snidget on 09-29-08 at 12:28 PM
Agree.

That "I'm over it, why aren't you over it" type of dynamic over a tragedy breaks up a lot of married couples. Add in a difficulty with forgiving either oneself or one's partner and the resentment can quickly build to a breaking point.

It may seem silly but a lot of couples do not survive in the aftermath of something like this.

Posted by samboohoo on 09-29-08 at 08:17 PM
Agree with both of you.

Bravie is my favorite.

Posted by byoffer on 09-29-08 at 01:43 PM
It was the tuba. Know your brass.

This literally had DW spewing her tea. My son plays trombone, and she loves to mock him (to me) about that. She laughed about the "cool kid playing trombone in the school band" comment from Lynette.

But when Tom corrected her about it being tuba, DW completely lost it, literally spewing her tea back into the mug. Did I mention that I played tuba way back when? And DW loves mocking me even more than mocking my DS.

Overall I agree that the show wasn't great. The Gabby/fat kid stuff seemed forced, as did the Bree/Katherine exchanges, and I haven't enjoyed Susan's part in a LONG time. My future as a watcher will depend on this thing getting better!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-29-08 at 03:40 PM
That's hilarious byoff. You're wife must have enjoyed the episode last night very much!

Tricked and Treated by the Agster 2008

"Edie's Husband"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-29-08 at 08:23 PM
How does he relate to all of them?

Mike/Orson:

It looks like he served some time in prison. We know that both Mike and Orson have been in prison. Orson, the former prison dentist and now him having served other time.

Susan:

He could be the widower of the woman Susan killed with the car - or the woman who died from the accident involving Susan and Mike.

Gabby:

Could be one of two things. It could relate to the Justine Bateman character or it could relate to Victor.

Bree:

I don't really see anything yet, other than possible Orson or maybe Andrew or Daniel. Not sure about her kids.

Lynette:

Her kids? That fella she had the affair with?

McCluskie:

Could it be something about her? Or what about her neighbor who died?

Katherine:

Something to do with her ex husband?

The last scene shows him looking down the block. Lynette's green house is clearly in his view. Gabby's house is down there, as well as McCluskie's.

Bravie is my favorite.

Posted by Jay1205 on 09-30-08 at 02:34 PM
I'm interested to know how Bree played it out to her friends when Danielle came back to take her baby.

Posted by riverrocker on 09-30-08 at 04:34 PM
Yes! My question exactly. This may be forthcoming in a future episode, but how in the world would Bree, who so carefully kept the whole thing from her friends, have EVER explained her daughter showing up and taking the baby? That was an oversight that has left me going, "Huh? How? Hmm."

Posted by realityfreek on 09-30-08 at 06:14 PM
I hope this isnt considered a spoiler. I dont think it is I read it in TV Guide. So if it is I am so sorry please dont kill the messenger! LOL

TV Guide says that Mrs. McCluskey will be in the thick of the mystery. She and Dave(Edies hubby) are going to enter into a very interesting relationship...he has something against her and she becomes suspicious of him.

So am curious to see what it turns out to be. I love her so I am glad she gets a front running story line.

Posted by lilly4life on 10-14-08 at 08:36 PM
I do not like how they have it five years later. It seemed like I was watching a completely different show. I do not like Gabby being frumpy and having kids either. Her whole charachter is different.