URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2236
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Choice."

Posted by Estee on 05-03-12 at 02:43 PM
Once upon a time, FOX had a proud reality show tradition. A tradition of ripping off everyone else's reality shows, producing cheap, extra-stupid versions of them, and riding what few ratings they could gather to a triumphant fourth-place conclusion. But then the singing came, and the cooking came, and Friday night never clicked, and the tradition came to an end.

Of course, there never was a network which could bear to let a corpse lie still.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/fox-debut-new-the-voice-like-the-choice-dating-show-on-june-7-13435.php

'Love handle'. Really?

I look forward to hearing the latest definition of 'celebrity'. I think it's going to involve a Baldwin. Or a Lamas. Or even a Baldwin dating a Lamas.

Coolio? Mortal lock.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Choice."
Posted by Starshine on 05-04-12 at 06:30 AM
The return of Blind Date Aargh

Still, nice to hear Lvoe in the Wild is coming back.

Posted by Estee on 05-06-12 at 02:55 PM
While FOX still isn't saying who the 'celebrities' are, they have admitted they're including reality stars.

I'm not sure it's possible for us to be more screwed.

Posted by agman on 05-07-12 at 01:14 PM

At least they haven't brought back Love connection

spelled out by Tribe

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-08-12 at 07:57 PM
The list is out. Joe Jonas, Rob Kardashian, Taylor Hicks??? Just to name a few. There were a lot of names on the list I've never heard of, and the host is Cat Deeley. There's a whole lotta awful on this show.

""Contestant" list."
Posted by Estee on 05-08-12 at 10:09 PM
Pauly D
Tyson Beckford
Joe Jonas
Dean Cain
Rob Kardashian
Rocco DiSpirito
Warren Sapp
Finesse Mitchell
Romeo
Jeremy Bloom
Jason Cook
Michael Catherwood
Seth Wescott
Parker Young
Ndamukong Suh
Dr. Robert Nettles
Taylor Hicks
Mike Sorrentino
Rob Gronkowski
Steven Lopez
Carmen Electra
Hope Dworaczyk
Rima Fakih
Sophie Monk

I can't even begin to estimate the potential homicide count.

"Premiere ECST statement:"
Posted by Estee on 06-07-12 at 10:16 PM
Run.

"RE: Premiere ECST statement:"
Posted by finallytyping on 06-08-12 at 01:54 AM
Whyyy, Cat, Whyyyyyyyy????????

I will never look at you the same on SYTYCD. I won't be able to laugh at your witty comments. I won't be able to smile when you stand so goofily. Everything has changed.

Thank goodness I have a choice not to watch this steaming pile of cat litter.

"RE: Premiere ECST statement:"
Posted by Estee on 06-08-12 at 06:00 AM
'Steaming cat litter', applied to this show, works out to a compliment.

It may say something that given only thirty seconds to use nothing but their words to convince the semi-celebs into spinning the chair, most of the women talked about their bodies. And said semi-celebs used audience reactions to gauge attractiveness on pretty much everyone. So if the premise was first impressions, the premise was a sham. (Again: thanks, FOX! -- and I expect the males to do the same thing.) Thirty seconds each: they came, the camera traveled from knees to head, they left. And then the series of speed date cutdowns only served to fill the rest of the hour. Why are we here? Why is anyone here? Can this thing be cancelled before we see how any of the "dates" came out? Is this going to make people miss The Moment Of Truth? @#$% that, is this making me miss Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?

(It's not worth its own thread, but let's not neglect Take Me Out, which I quickly decided was thirty female Seinfelds all in a row. And George Lopez proves there is nothing some actors won't do if they think there's a paycheck at the other end. He's on FOX. The paycheck is optional.)

This cannot leave fast enough. One airing is too many.

In the immortal words of Gwen DeMarco, "Whoever wrote this episode should die!"

Posted by susang on 06-08-12 at 05:02 PM
I turned this show off after 15 minutes

Posted by Estee on 06-08-12 at 06:19 PM
Did you turn off your light?

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 11:57 AM
Easier than turning off your brain to watch it.